Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #61  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Dagmar - I understand how frustrating it is to feel like you're not in control.

I also know what it's like to eat certain things while driving home from the supermarket. Last time I did that it was Italian bread. I was eating slice after slice in the car. Now I steer clear of the Italian bread when I go shopping.

It's hard to break habits, but you can do it! We all can!
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:04 PM   #62  
You go girl!

S/C/G: 144/143/112

Height: 5" 3"

Oh yeah - Gotta just love the way the rational adult in me all but disappears when my emotional little girl wants to keep going back to the break room for more cookies! Oh get this, ...I brought my salad over to my desk to eat, opened my drawer for a napkin, discovered an opened bag of chips and 'forgot' about the salad! Grrrrr! ...that is why I keep close to NO food in my house! If I do - I'll be eating nacho's at midnight and ice cream at 2:00 a.m.!
Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good evening! I had a lovely day shopping with my Mom. Holy chinese food has a lot of calories. There must be some trick to getting it in fitday right. I don't feel like I ate that much.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:08 PM   #64  
Ilene the Bean

Jenni -- That's the way to do it though, out of sight, out of mind... Works for me!

Today has not been a great day food wise... I went to my mom's and ate some cookies while I was having my coffee argh!!! Exercise hasn't been stellar either, I have to up the ante on Saturday and Sunday... I hate when work gets in the way of my workouts
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:46 AM   #65  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Height: 5'4"

hehe, well it sounds like lots of you are having similar weeks to mine. Thats the great thing about this forum...I come on here feeling badly for having eaten badly recently, and I find that lots of you have "cheated" as well. I guess thats part of this process...I mean we're not going to be perfect all the time, its about getting back on track and living a generally healthy lifestyle! I'm up a bit from my ticker weight this week...but I'm going away for about 10 days, and hopefully going to watch a little bit more what I eat while I'm away.

GreenT - we are indeed going to the Walden Galleria! We're also going to hit up an outlet mall...I think its actually North of Buffalo - its a Prime Outlets location?

Barbara - I loved the baby pigeons! They were adorable! It was kind of sad that they took over our only "attempt" at gardening, but the nest was RIGHT outside of the window, so it was really cool to watch the mother sit on the eggs, and eventually the eggs hatched, and we watched the pigeons grow up and fly away!

Claire - It was quite a stressful week, but thanks for the vote of confidence! I emailed in my report last night, and now I'm just going to head in to work for a few hours...then I'm off to a cottage in Tobermory for a week!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm envying Nic's trip to a cottage. I go back to work on Monday and there are sooo many things I meant to do. And who couldn't use a few more relaxy days?

I can't have junk in the house either. I even have to be careful with little packets of premeasured walnuts. If I'm into it .. I'll just eat several packets!

I have to plan. There is just too much in life that interferes with my life. If it weren't for my family and having to work for a living, I could be a very slim, fit hermit. But that's not what we want.
And while planning may seem like a miserable, time consuming chore ... it gets easier.
As you become more knowledgeable, you no longer have to research before you go grocery shopping and it doesn't take hours because you stand in the aisles reading labels. Gradually the quality of foods in your home increases and that makes cooking and/or snacking much easier. Some kind of activity becomes pedestrian.
Even if life hands you a vacation or a visit with your mother or a dinner out ... you'll know how to lose, so you just go back to 'normal'.
Who says 'a new normal' is that Glory?
We're not all good, all the time. We're humans! But we're humans who have built a 'new normal base line'. We know where to go back to. And even if we think we've fallen waaay clear of the wagon, we can't unlearn the things we know about slender good health. That knowledge is always there for us to return to.

Oh dear ... and I thought I didn't have much to say ...

Although I'm relying on my scales at home, I'm almost certain that I've lost weight this week. I certainly feel slimmer thru the middle ... which is my plan.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #67  

Hey all, Just checking in to let ya'll know I'm alive and well - and four pounds lighter.

I found that I actually obsess less when I'm not on this board all the time, which is a positive thing. The pounds have started dropping again and I've met my 140 goal for my brother's wedding in a week!! WHOOHOOOO

I'm so overjoyed. It's good to come on though and see familiar faces

Love,
Yuppiegirlie
YuppieGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:15 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuppieGirlie View Post

I found that I actually obsess less when I'm not on this board all the time, which is a positive thing.
Congrats on your loss Yuppie

I find that if I don't post every day I slide/cheat. I'm playing games with the ticker all the time (no one else does that - EVER ) but I'm staying fairly within my stated weight.

I've got 7 weeks to go until the "Big Apple" vacation and I'm starting to sabotage myself already. I think I'm going to have to post even more (can you all stand it) to gain the momentum back and keep losing.

I have no other support except you folks. Thanks for bearing with me

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:42 AM   #69  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I have to plan. There is just too much in life that interferes with my life. If it weren't for my family and having to work for a living, I could be a very slim, fit hermit. But that's not what we want. - SusanB
Just pulling out a quote for JennyJo to copy down!!!

Thank you, Barbara - that was almost how much I wanted to know about your bountiful garden! I used to love my veggie garden - many neighbors had them, too. But perrenial creeping weeds infest our area and most have given up now. Some even tried barriers of one type or another, often spendy, but it's like trying to keep back water. As Mother Earth News used to say, you gave us a report "From Them That's Doin' ".
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls,
It's REALLY hot and humid (heat index 115, I think) here in Va today, but I'm still planning to do a bike ride. It might not be as intense, but I'm going to go. I have lots to do this weekend - grocery shopping and clothes shopping for school are on the docket today.

Have a great day everyone!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:25 AM   #71  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

stiebena - It sounds like you're going to have a fun shopping trip! I know the outlet mall you're talking about in Niagara Falls - Fashion Outlets on Military Rd. They have a promotion going on - anyone with a CAA/AAA card can get a free coupon book at the Customer Service Center. Otherwise it's $5 for the book.

YuppieGirlie - Congratulations on your weight loss!

I went to an art festival yesterday and I ate there, but I managed to stay OP. Today I'll go to the gym and I'll probably go grocery shopping. I hope everyone's been having a great weekend!
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:56 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm back after a day of parties and no worse for the wear! Back to 143 ticker weight!!! I'll be POP this week in hopes of seeing 142 soon.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hey girls I have been MIA for obvious reasons. Still waiting to hear about my loan. He moves out in 2 days. I have been spending most of my time with friends When he gets home in the evening I got down the road to a friends place another friend meets us there and we go for a walk. The stress id getting a little better still have some thought cause school is still up in the air.

I anm down to 124-125(depends on the day) whether it willstick or not I am no too sure .lol
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:44 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Come join us on this week's thread Jen.
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote