Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Strangeidea, but it worked for me

Allison, this is going to sound really, really weird but you might want to up your daily calories a bit for a couple of weeks. I think maybe your body has gotten used to the cals you consume/exercise you do and your metabolism has adjusted to maintain your current weight.

I read about this somewhere (sorry forget where). Apparently if you up the calories by about 200 cals per day for three weeks and maintain everything else, then when you drop down to your current range your metabolism revs and you drop weight. There was a lot of science involved and several studies. If anyone knows where this info is sourced please do chime in.

I did try this once when I was on a plateau for two months and it worked!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I agree fiber is good. I was eating a lot of berries last month and on those days my fiber was higher. This is my average for the past 26 days:
calories 1353
fat % 30
carb % 41 (due to lots of fruits and veggies)
protein % 20
fiber grams 18
I should tweak it to get more protein and more fiber with less fat.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:38 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Yes, looking at it like that, a little tweaking would be good. You need at least 25 per day, so 18 is a little low. I remember that I always assumed I got tons of fiber since I do eat lots of beans, fruits, veggies but when I started fitdday I noticed that I was getting 10 some days maybe 15. Not good at all. That's when I became very diligent with fiber, started eating Fiber One and other high fiber foods to make sure I got MINIMUM of 25 - most days it was much more 45-50. I really do think it helped me.

Dagmar's suggestion is a good one too, and one that I know has worked for many. Many you could get an extra 100-200 calories per day of fiber and maybe a bit more protein. I know you'd rather it be wine (wouldn't we all??), but it looks like a little more of the other nutrients could help.

At any rate, your diligence the last 2 weeks is inspiring to me. I've been very complacent this summer... just content to maintain even though I need/want to drop at least 5 lbs. So, keep on keeping on and keep on posted on your progress!

I have barely had anything to eat today - bran muffin, 3 egg whites with feta, tomatoe slices... we are frantically cleaning because we are having 10 friends for dinner tomorrow night and we have to both work tomorrow. Plus we slept in really late (we had a late party last night), and I just don't know where the day has gone. Ok, I've got to do some food prep for tomorrow night.

Happy Monday everyone!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote