Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #106  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

stiebena Any advice as to how to avoid those cravings? They seem so out of my control. Like my brain is not engaged in the decision. It's just a must. Any thoughts?
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #107  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Hi Carolyn,

Avoiding them is hard, sadly But when I have the cravings, I try to do things like drink water, or take a walk (get away from the kitchen!!!). Mostly I try to distract myself, and hope that I forget about what I'm craving! If that doesn't work (which happens!) I let myself have some of the things that I'm craving, but I try to have "healthier" versions of them available - like Cadbury thins 100 Calorie bars, Baked Lays, and low fat cheese. That way, I can't do as much damage to my diet as if I had the full fat versions available!

Also, I don't know if this is going to help me yet or not, but I'm in the process of switching birth control pills...I get a lot of uncomfortable PMS symptoms, so I'm hoping that switching to a different pill will help get rid of those along with the cravings!

Good luck, and hang in there!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #108  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Thanx! I'll see what I do next month!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Default Advantages of menopause

There really are some advantages to menopause. Clykk and stiebena's posts take me back to those "not so good" old days when there was a TOM.

I really craved sugar for about 2-3 days before the onset of my period. All to do with hormones and making sure there was extra nourishment for any baby making. I exercised more and drank more water, and sometimes just ate like a . Very hard to exert control over naturally occuring hormonal fluctuations but changing your type of birth control pill will change your TOM symptoms.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #110  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Heehee I like the piggy symbol Dagmar! yes, I hope switching BC types will help me out a bit...I find that when I switch my body is happy for a while, and then after a year or two (when its used to the pill) I have to switch again because all off the symptoms come back.
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:08 PM   #111  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyin View Post
Ilene - You are an exercise machine! I don't know how you do it. Exercise is my most dreaded part of my journey.
Someday you may grow to love exercising....I LOVE exercising, it's the food that kills me *sigh* ....

Dagmar, so far I love menopause too ... I had a few hot flashes but now they are few and far between ...Congrats on 139

Clykk and stiebena -- Oh, I remember those uncontrollable hormone induced cravings, it takes a LOT of willpower to overcome them, but I KNOW you gals can overcome!!

Well gotta go DD wants the computer...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Those cravings are the worst most months i get them twice first at ovulation time and then period time floowed by a couple days of not wanting to eat.

This summer has been an awful one for us hasn't it.I love the warm days and I want them back. I have uped my weights for a couple of my arm exercises. Man I look funny working out now I can only get in something like 8-6-6 but I will improve it is the only way to gain strnth and muscle so I have to push myself.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!!! Just checking in from Hawaii. Botball tournament is going well. They did some practice rounds this morning (we weren't there--just a few of the team) and they got 35 of 35 points, but they also saw the strategies of other teams that could likely get in their way.....I don't know if the little guys (my 12 yo) will have to compete against the big guys (high schoolers), so we'll see how it goes during head to head competition.

DS and I did hike to the top of Diamond Head on Sunday, very fun....This morning we took a submarine tour that was also quite fun but not as much exercise LOL!

I've walked and walked and walked, but don't feel like it is doing me much good. Every time I turn around it's time to eat again. We did a regular breakfast this morning and it kept me satiated through lunch, so I guess that's good (it was a lot of protein). Still trying to decide what is for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow I have to drop DS off at the convention center at 7:30 AM and I'm going to go back to the hotel and hang out at the pool. We went to the beach 2 days ago and DS got a slight sunburn on his back and I got nothing. I guess I should have gotten in the water more to wear off the sunscreen! I think a lot of it is that I rarely burn, but I don't like to burn so I wear sunscreen and then I get nothing. DS burns, so I had him lathered up with sunscreen and then he spends so much time in the water and I can't get him to come back for more lotion....oh,well, we have aloe!

I feel like I'm going to come home heavier from this trip. The food isn't all that great here, and since we have to eat out, the portions are so big. DS and I typically split lunches, but dinners--no. We won't do another big breakfast (I prefer getting the yogurt and such from the convenience market and storing it in the fridge overnight).

Well, gotta run. Miss everyone! Congrats to the losers! Wish I was one of them!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote