Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Featherweights Planning and Chat June 25-July 1

The first of July! How did that happen? Time goes by sooo swiftly these days.
You'd then think it'd be easier to stay on plan for a week???
What is your plan for this week?
Outdoor activities? The weather has been beautiful here.
And local produce? Yum!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #2  

I was walking and realised that if I had to type July for the title of this thread, I'm not going to make my walking goal for June. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

You know, at the beginning of the year (back when I really did weigh 139-140) I thought that if I were to stick to my diet, it would be mid to late June when I'd finally be at goal. Well, I obviously didn't stay OP because here I am at 144 an nowhere near goal.

But that's okay. I did stop the gain and I'm back on plan! This week has started out great and I'll see another loss--I just know it!!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #4  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Ok, so I did a re-weigh on Sunday morning -- thinking that my 143, a.k.a. 1 pound lost, was a fluke--I turned up with 141.5!!! I'll be cautious with my ticker and move it to 142 for now, but wow - I'm closer to my current goal than I'd imagined.

Yesterday, one of my favorite local restaurants had a crab-fest special; yes, I indulged. A giant bowl of crab chowder (with half a crab inside the bowl) served with grilled cornbread & freshly grilled corn (I had half a piece of bread & one ear), followed by an open-face crab cake sandwich with cole slaw & macaroni salad, then all-you-can-eat Maryland Blue Crabs steamed with cajun spices (I think I had about 4-5 crabs, but they're relatively small and not super meaty), finished off with a tart plum shortcake. Since my reservation at the place was at 3:30p, I counted it as my "lunner" (my other meal of the day being a light breakfast of cereal & berries before my 7-mile run) so I don't think I veered way too off plan, and getting back on track today.

On a less happy note, I forgot to pack my lunch today, and my office pantry is running low on staples. But I know where to go to get a healthy lunch out, even if it costs a couple $$ more than what would've have packed and brought in.

Another thing I'm slightly antsy about - Mexican restaurant dinner with a friend tonight. I've checked out the restaurant Web site and I think I may go for the carne asada tacos or have an order of fajitas (boxing half of it home)--but it's still slightly irking to have to guesstimate calories (I've budgeted 900 calories for dinner -- guessing I can have 2 tacos @ 300 each and then some of the rice & beans sides, or the fajitas /w tortillas @ ~750).

Anyways, hope y'all are doing well this week!

Barb I occasionally check out fashion-geared sites & blogs, which frequently posts upcoming sample/designer sales (though 9 times out of 10 it's only women's apparel). Actually in LA there's another pretty big, both sex, sale coming up this weekend--can't wait to see what bargain designer finds I come up with.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #5  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I am on fire this week--not only is my weekly menu planned, but I've actually already made all my lunches! My lunch choices consist of either 1) chicken on polenta topped with an eggplant/tomato saute or 2) Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Chevre. Both are already made (except that I haven't cooked all the chicken), portioned out, and in the fridge ready to go. Dinner choices this week are Mexican Cod and Potato Stew (had it last night and will have it one more night), Pork Diane (one night), Garlic and Snap Pea Chicken Soup (leftover from last week, one night), and Chicken and Ham Roll-ups (two nights).

Unfortunately I have two off-plan meals that I can't avoid. Tonight I have a business function I need to attend and it is going to be particularly bad. It is at someone's house, so there won't be any choice in entres and the host tends to eat unhealthy foods. It sucks because I've been doing so well lately. Oh well, one meal is not going to blow all my progress. The other off-plan meal should better (at least I'll have choices as to what to eat).

In other exciting news, our pomegranate tree is setting fruit! So far we have five pomegranates. This is very exciting as last year (the first year we had the tree), we only got one mishapen pomegranite. Not sure what I'm going to do with the pomegranates though. I guess make pomegranate-guava jelly.

Aqua, that crab-fest sounds incredible! I love all those foods you described! Definitely worth the calories, in my opinion!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:25 PM   #6  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi All!

The week is off to a good start for me, and I'm pleased to report that I lost almost 4 pounds last week! So far I'm very happy with my progress, which only gives me that much more motivation to reach my goal.

I always make my lunches the night before work, but this week its probably going to be a few slices of crisp bread, sliced turkey/LF chedder cheese, sliced celery and dip, and probably some form of fruit...thats my usual lunch anyways Dinners vary depending on what we pull out of the freezer! Probably a lot of pork/veggies/salad...maybe some roasted potatoes? I'm also aiming to keep my water consumption up...at LEAST two litres a day.
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I am still at 130 but I am down inches since June 3rd. 1 inch just from my waist and 1/2 from my hips. My arms are finally even my right arm has always been smaller than my left.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

... Too tired to post ... Later gaters
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Question Weigh-in tomorrow after 2 weeks

Will it be or ??

Only the scale knows for sure. My clothes feel a bit looser but that doesn't mean anything. As for the PLAN I made a kind of iced tea (without the ice)/energy drink hybrid last night to take with me instead of diet Pepsi. It turned out pretty well as far as taste - white jasmine tea, fresh mint from the herb pot, a bit of Splenda and a bit of sea salt. Oh, a bit too much sea salt - GAAAHHH! Will adjust the quantity in tonite's batch.

I think all the diet Pepsi is making me hungrier for sweets, bloated because of the carbonation and sodium, and also affecting my blood sugar with the caffeine. I felt much more relaxed after today, despite punishing heat, where before I just felt drained after the day . Also didn't come home and eat everything in the house before dinner was on the table.

Fresh fruit and vegetables are everywhere in the markets here so it's easier to make healthy choices that I can also afford.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:31 AM   #10  

What a nice thread to come home to. You all sound like you're doing wonderfully. That's good for me ... I'm only drinking water and don't need a snack
Old 06-26-2007, 05:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Angry Frass!

Been dying to use that. Up 1 lb. to 141.

No more unlimited quantities of fruit and salad and no second helpings of bread until I see under 140 lbs.! And no ice cream until I meet my mini goal! BLAARRGH!!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:24 AM   #12  

Morning! Another good sleep.

Well, Dagmar, I don't like that smilie. What's up? Bread? Fruit? I don't think it's salad. I like Mel's notion about bathtubs full of greens.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dagmar~diet Pepsi gives me a sweet tooth, too.

Down another half pound.....still many to go! But I was perfectly on plan yesterday, well, except for the 3 pieces of licorice, but still well within my calories for the day. Time for another POP day!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

I went up over the weekend (knew I would), but Monday-to-Monday was still down 2 pounds. Another today for 146. . .so my goal is to be able to again, hit ticker by Friday. (If I follow last week's pattern, I can surpass that & actually move the ticker down a pound.) So although there are ups & downs, my overall trend is down.

Convoluted, I know - but it works for me!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #15  

I wish more people would focus on the over all trends. Too many people panic over little bits gained. It's sad.