Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:35 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

I change my ticker whenever I see a drop, too. Then I usually have a short bounce-back before making ticker & dropping below.

After moving my ticker last week, I went up over the weekend, and re-hit ticker today. That means I should be able to mark a loss by Friday - so my Friday-to-Friday will be down.

HOPEFULLY this means that even after what's bound to be an off-plan holiday weekend, my Monday-to-Monday will remain down, too!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I was doing so well yesterday and then I had a piece of licorice which then turned into another 5 pieces (or was it 6?). The container said 3 pieces = 120 calories (which seems a bit high to me) so that's an extra couple of hundred calories which I DID NOT NEED!

The scale was up half a pound.

Da*& licorice!

Dagmar~yeah, I feel gross right now although my clothes still fit just fine. I notice a pound change (in either direction) just by the way my underwear fits. I notice it in my stomach.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treighsie View Post
I need to stop noticing the "ups" and "downs" too. I weigh every day... yesterday it said 133.5, today 135.5. I couldn't possibly have gained 2 pounds yesterday... so I'm thinking today I will just drink more water and eat on points and exercise the best I can. What else can you do????

Jen, you have 4 DDs? I'm jealous! But then, my 10 year is old is enough to drive anyone insane. Gotta love her though!!!
I have 3 DDs (10,9,and 3 in August) and 1 DS (4) who is hoping his aunt has a boy in January so he will no longer be the only boy. Actuallly he asked me to have a baby but I told him aunt Amy's will have to do. lol
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Wow. . .I totally don't notice a one-pound fluctuation. Even 5-10 pounds. Only in the 20 pound range do I start developing tight clothes, etc. (This is why I have to rely on the scale and NOT my pants!)

Allison, don't sweat the licorice! Your half-pound will be gone by tomorrow.

If I am down again tomorrow. . .I don't know. . .I am starting to see visions of hitting 139 (even 139.8. . .) by my birthday. . .but I don't want to disappoint myself, esp. knowing the holiday weekend will kick me a bit off-track. . .we'll see!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #35  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi,

Toughed it out yesterday, despite the being bummed. I actually ate decently--but didn't exercise.

Today I got on my bike first thing and got 30 min. done. Now I'm waiting for the house to cool off [the power was out until now and no air conditioning] and I'll go do my weight lifting.

I remind myself that there's exactly 28 days until my 50th [] Birthday and use it to keep myself fired up. It seems possible to drag myself into the 120's by then [it IS, after all, only 5 pounds away]. What a great present that would be!

keep going.................................cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Hi there,

Been forever since I've posted on this thread. I've been super busy with end of school stuff, then summer stuff (couple of short mini trips and lots of time spent outdoors gardening, etc.), and just have not been spending a lot of time posting.

Anyway, I've maintained well and in the last 2 weeks, I'm down. Not a lot, but the trend for me is downward. I have more time to exercise, and I've been very conscientious with entering on fitday. So, all that is good!

It's absolutely broiling hot here today... I hope you all stay cool wherever you are. On the bright side, I sure do drink more water when it's hot like this!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 PM   #37  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I started out with a decent day despite the stress and it decended rapidly into a horrendous day.

I was STARVING at dinner, but I told myself no, I wont really be that hungry when food comes so order the 1/2 turkey sandwich and side salad, not the burger. Well, I was still starving so I ended up eating far more of my friend SweetPotato fries than if I had just gotten the burger and I was still hungry when I got home so I ended up making a bean burrito. SHould have just gotten the dang burger I was craving.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Well today is going much better for me.

I had a good breakfast (1 boiled egg, 1/2 cup LF Cottage Cheese and a whole sliced tomato) and then went to the mall on my lunch hour and walked 30 min. and ate a healthy lunch (grilled chicken on a wheat bun and a small salad with FF dressing). I'm also drinking lots of water.

It's been awhile since I've been OP. Let's hope I can keep this up the rest of the day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #39  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

So I survived jury duty and didn't get summoned to a case -- and now I have canker sores to deal with, on opposite ends of the mouth no less, so it's not as if I can even try to chew on one side. (I tried dodging both sores with this morning's cereal... didn't work & owie!)

If it can be considered an upside, I am getting lower-than-normal caloric intake today (1,400) while eating some pretty delicious (but portion controlled, of course) foods like chocolate and pie. Not as happy about having to drink piping hot soup in summer!
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I am just not into food today. I made myself eat breakfast (oatmeal, cottage cheese and strawberries) at noon. My bag is stuffed with snacky stuff. Cheerios, cauliflower, broccoli, small cubes of cheese, a few slices of turkey ... I'm not sure what I'll do when everyone else sits down at a table for supper. It's too bad it's so blasted hot or I could take a walk.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Your bag of stuff sounds pretty good to me, SusanB. I should have you pack me a bag!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I have to get some groceries tomorrow Abby. Can I grab a few things for you?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Susan, grab me some 'not into food today' ... I could use a little bit of that vibe, as it is a super rare feeling for me.

It's about 96 here today in good ole' Virginia, and that does NOT include the heat index which is well over 100. Phew.

Abby - sounds like you are doing a great job of being back on track! Keep it up
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #44  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Aqua-take L-Lysine for your canker sores. It's a vitamin (well I think it's actually some kind of amino acid or something like that but you find it in the vitamin aisle) and it really works. You should take it every day but when I forget & I feel one coming on I just take a few throughout the day and it really helps.
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:50 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Aqua~I've heard that if you put milk of magnesia right on the canker sore it will heal faster and it helps with the pain also.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote