Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #61  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Warlock - frozen blueberries-- it is one fruit that freezes really well. I still buy fresh when it is in season which in berry capital of the world (Oregon) is June
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #62  

YAY!!! It looks like everyone's doing awesomely well! WHOOHHOO!!

Ilene: You can do it!!! We'll be right here waiting for the updates

Alinnell: Trader Joe's does totally rock. The prices are AMAZING. Their pretzel shavings make an awesome night time snack too (24 of them for 100 calories). Don't let the scale determine your progress. Move more, eat less, love yourself - the scale will co-operate eventually!

The Peeps With the Penny's Muffins: Everytime I read about them, I mean to purchase them and something gets in the way and I forget - nd then I read another post and the same thing happens. Just wrote them on the list to order for tomorrow.

You k now about the wine thing, it's also true that some people have very different metabolisms. My brother, quite literally, eats about 3500 calories per day.. (it's a whole pound!!) it's constant and non stop and mostly healthy foods too. The man is 5'11" and about 145 pounds. He actually eats tons to keep on weight - if he slacks he gets skinny. So if someone with a metabolism like that were to cut out even a small food, it might make them lose weight faster too. however - if someone like me ate that much daily for a week, the scale would register a seven pound gain

Another OP day - WOW am I sore from all the exercise though. Made it through my deep water pilates class My boyfriend gave me the BEST backrub ever. It felt sooo good since I'm so sore.

Stayed OP food wise too - clocking in at 1250 - a bit under where I'm supposed to be (1400), but that's going to be just fine by the end of the week. Out of town this coming weekend, which will not be perfect in terms of calories.. plus I'll have to guestimate a lot. So it will equal out in the end.

Weighed .5 lb less on the y scale tonight! Whoohoo!! Of course, weighing at the end of the day, and right after dinner is an entirely different weight than the morning ones I keep track of - but .5 down is still .5 down.

On to another day! Goodnight my featherweight peeps!
YuppieGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:47 AM   #63  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Just finished watching the PBS film "FAT: What No One is Telling You" - I think it's a decent documentary about obesity and the notion of "fat", from people who talk about fat prejudice & encouraging self- and societal- acceptance of people in all their shapes to those who go through extreme measures to lose weight (one devotes three hours per day to exercise, another two went through bypass surgeries).

Personally, I think that they neglected the food industry aspect of it and the role they play -- it also makes bypass surgery seem a little "quick fixy", for better or for worse. (Sure there were a few minutes about them agonizing over their decision, but the basic premise is they got the bypass done, now they're less chubby! Also disappointed that there was no follow-up to see if they had made consistent activity & dietary changes following the surgery.)

But still, a good watch overall exploring a very complex and multi-faceted issue.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning dears.

I had a pleasant surprise when I investigated my fitday this morning. Although my cals were a bit low yesterday, my percentages were very good.
41 protein,42 carbs and 17 fats. And I was not trying. Normally, I would have to struggle and scarf a shake or a can of tuna to make that up.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #65  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hooray for not trying too hard
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh if there's an easy way ... I'll find it. The best news I've heard all year is that naps are good fer ya!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Warlock~I looked for that PBS special here and couldn't find it. I looked an entire week in advance on my digital cable. Maybe you get a different channel? I can't imagine that, though--we're awfully close in proximity. Anyway, thanks for the info on it.

YuppieGirl~it really sucks knowing someone who can just eat and eat and eat and not gain, huh? I used to have an employee like that--it was just depressing to see just how much he consumed!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:24 AM   #68  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Allison, in SoCal it should be KCET/KLCS(LA), KOCE (Orange County), KPBS (San Diego), KVCR (San Bernardino)

Everyone else, you can find out more about the program & where it's playing in your neck of the woods here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/takeonestep/fat/

They're re-airing it on April 14, 8 a.m., for the KCET station, at least.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

My hubby is like that he snacks on junk all the time but he lays floors for a living si he burns a lot of cals during the day. When work is sloww you can see his belly grow. when i was 6 months pregnant with our son his tummy stuck out further than mine but as soon as work picked up again he lost it in less than a week

Did really well today i exercised a total of 165 mins. I took the babies for a walk after I did my normal routine while it is nice out. they are calling for a storm tonight.

Where is spring? Did someone forget to tell it it is time we are all waiting.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #70  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

My husband has the hummingbird metabolism too. Though not as much as when he was a kid and more active.

However with me eating better at home he lost 25lbs overnight and is skinny again. And I still find snickers bars and potato chips in the car.

Well now that I got all excited and moved the ticker I am gong to have to wait another week before the scale stays there continually. It always does this so I am not worried.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #71  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

blew off the gym today, ds was up from 1-5 am. and is now GRUMPY
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #72  

having another OP day - and my boyfriend is going to join me for aerobics tonight! YAY! Off to pack for the weekend
Old 04-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Looks like many of us have husbands that can eat and not gain a thing, I do as well. It's frustrating and he is always asking me why we can't have any snack food in the house.

Yesterday started good and finished bad, I gave into the chocolate. Today, so far, so good but the day is not done. This time I have taken out my list of why I want to lose the weight, hopefully it will give me some incentive.

Are all my fellow Canadians having a snow storm on this fine April Spring day?? Hard to get motivated to lose weight for skimpy clothes when there iss 15 cm of snow on the ground!!!

Dana
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #74  

Hi Everyone,

Perfect OP day. Finished packing and doing laundry and now I'm off to water aerobics and then going dancing for a short time. Have a wonderful night all!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Yes it is hard to get motivated. we do not have it yet buwe are supposed to get 20 -30 cm.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote