Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #46  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

My plan for today -- which involved "crescendo eating" that I usually avoid

Breakfast:
240 - Babybel cheese wheel + Denver Omelet Whole Wheat Wrap

Lunch:
260 - Ginger stir fry with veggies and noodles

Snack:
70 - Navel orange (boy did I need this during my midday lull!)
30 - Candy

Dinner:
900-1000 - eating out with friend @ wine bar; planning on 1.5 glass of wine (they serve flights of 3 kinds, about half-glass each pour) - sharing a cheese plate, plan on having a small salad myself and maybe a healthy appetizer.

Estimated Total: 1,500 - 1,600 Calories

Exercise: 65-70 minutes interval cardio & sculpt with dumbbell & exercise ball
Old 03-21-2007, 08:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'4"

Well, I did it.

I had extra calories left (as I'm giving it a shot at 1,500), so I had a one-serving bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs. I debated for about an hour on whether I should have them, and finally decided just to do it. I loved them!

If I can limit treats in this way, without causing an eating spree (well, I just had those, so now I'll have this and that), I may be successful!

Eventually -- and AFTER Easter -- maybe my treats will be more less caloric (like a square or two of chocolate, a fun-size chocolate bar, etc.) and just as satisfying.

Before this week, it would not have been uncommon for me to have up to 3 servings of Cadbury Mini Eggs at a time. These little suckers are a huge weakness for me, but I hate to eliminate them totally. Do you think I should?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Poppins ... I don't really believe in cutting out anything totally. I count calories, I eat it, add it in and take my lumps. Like tonight's ice cream

Think of it this way ... if you ever run into a stall, you've got something you can work with ... healthier snacking, right?
Old 03-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #49  
Ilene the Bean

Poppins, if you must have them, having them in moderation is the best thing to do... Also only buying single serving sizes one at a time and not keeping them at home works for me...
Old 03-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #50  

Believe it or not, I just don't have much to say. I know ... that's just weird!

So I'll make something up. According to fitday, I've averaged just under 1500 cals for a week now. I'm happy about that. I've walk/jogged 4 days and just plain walked three. I had a decent lower body today with some abs thrown in. I think I've even remembered to take my multivit and calcium more days than not.
Not bad.

Have you all looked at 2frus's thread about motivation?
Old 03-21-2007, 11:29 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Warlock, what the heck is this crescendo eating? Okay, so if wine were served, I would definitely partake! But all that cheese!!! wow, I'd get "stuck up" with all of that!!!

I didn't do too poorly today.

3 slices ww toast (plain)--300 cals
Salad--170 cals
1/4 apple--40 cals
homemade turkey enchiladas--300 cals + sp rice 80 cals.
wine--300 cals

total for the day 1110 calories!

Okay, so I didn't make the best choices (my brain needed all that bread!!!) but at least the enchiladas did have vegetables inside and I made them with ww tortillas.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:05 AM   #52  

i agree with not cutting things out....that leads to serious binging issues with me. ive been super busy with school lately and it's stressing me out (making cookies and the like even more enticing).

i've decided that what i have to do is take it one day at a time -- i know that seems obvious, but it isn't for me -- i like to plan, plan, plan and then when i do one thing wrong it feels like i've messed everything up for the day and just say "i'll start again tomorrow". i've gotta stop this nasty habit!! anyone relate?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:28 AM   #53  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

I don't cut anything out at all. I eat chocolate and cakes and dinners out and ice cream and all that junk. Just not every day.

OMG I just remembered I still have the most delicious brownie in the freezer from the weekend - see I can't even remember to eat my treats any more!

I just eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm satisfied! I seem to be doing really well at maintenance with this... I have yet to unlock the secret of IE and the "releasing weight" thing I'm sure in time when my exercise increases and my time available to eat decreases I might start shedding a coupla pounds. I think the biggie for this week is control, or at least mindful eating at the weekend. I know I can do it, I've done it before and I feel 150% when I do eat light at the weekend, so there's no reason not to.

So anyway, yesterday I joined a casual running club at the running shop in town. It was fun, and I pushed myself quite hard, and there were hills, but I still came home last! What a slow-coach! DH came too and is now exhausted, poor little monkey! So that's properly the start of marathon training

DH is out all Sunday afternoon, so I will go for a nice long run. I'm thinking maybe 6 miles all in we'll see.

Today I've got the gym planned at lunch, if I can hobble there ok! Then it's double kickboxing! I will be sooooo relieved when I can get a good nap in on Friday afternoon!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:39 AM   #54  
Ilene the Bean

I had been doing good until 11PM last night, YES 11PM... I had a bite of something and it got me rolling down the hill ... I should've just gone to bed ... I didn't have my chai tea last night because I didn't want to spend, so to speak, 100 calories on skim milk I would have been 10000000% better off than what I ate...

Today I don't work YAY but I do have a dentist appointment in about an hour ... then a cholesterol appointment at the clinic, DH and I get tested every few months ... His was high a bit for a while, I hope we are both down... Other than that not much, oh just the gym I'm not sure what I'll be working out...

The plan:
m1 - protein pancake
m2 - pp power, post workout
m3 - tuna burger and salad
m4 - not sure
m5 - not sure
m6 - chai tea
Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #55  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Anybody just contemplate their new number every once in a while. Like, "147. One Hundred AND Forty-Seven. Ahundredfortyseven. What a nice sounding number. Just rolls off your tongue. Sigh!"

LOL!

The cutting-something-out discussion - I do it temporarily, but never make it permanent. I will cut out white flour products for a while when I realize I've overindulged and have bloated. They are the usual culprits in my world. But if there's cake, there's cake, you know? I do indulge in whatever happy dessert my family is having. A lot of it can be handled at the grocery before anything comes into the house. I try to make the list when I'm not hungry and feeling virtuous, then absentmindedly stick to it at the grocery! It helps to shop at a fast clip, not loitering in the aisles changing my mind and rationalizing! Then, whatever's not in the house is not missed and not tempting.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #56  

I am so against cutting out anything, but I do cut back a lot. I believe in "everything in moderation" but sometimes fail the moderation thing!!! For example, I've been good all week staying with my 1 glass of wine per night, but last night I did two.....and fell asleep in front of the TV at 7 PM! Serves me right!

One thing that I absolutely WILL NOT give up is sour cream. Thank goodness I found Z Trim--I mix it 1/2 and 1/2 and I can't tell the difference. Then yesterday I saw a thread about oatrim. Seems that there are a number of different products that do more or less the same thing (oatrim, Z-trim, Nu-trim and others). I guess some of these are available in stores (Z-trim costs so much in shipping!). I'll have to do some shopping!

Whittlin~Congrats on 147!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #57  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

I think cutting out foods can be helpful for some people.I find it easier to just not eat certain things. Now of course like whittlin said...if theres cake theres cake. If there is a food that I would feel bad depriving myself of (especially if its chocolate.) then moderation is good. But in many things I am not so good at moderation and much better at being a health nut whacko. Of course this is not for everyone. Its a mind game really. Some peoples brains do better to know that they just don't eat certain foods and others need to know that they have that option as long as they don't abuse it.

Whittlin congrats on the new number. I think I need to put my ticker down one more too (finally).

Had a good run today.

Ilene 11 pm? Ok time for this one...

and this

Now go and sin no more.(I have been dying to use those).

Have a happy day all.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:55 PM   #58  

I bought nuts today. Eeek! I can eat them by the bagful ... however ... I have tiny little ziplock bags I bought for craft dainties. I put 1 tbsp each of walnut pieces and slivered almonds in a little baggie. 100 cals of satiety and healthy fats.

We'll see how that goes.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #59  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Warlock, what the heck is this crescendo eating?
I think it's a term coined by the Diet Doctor (from that No Time to Lose Diet book recently profiled on 3FC)

In music terms, a crescendo is getting gradually louder - so crescendo eating is basically saving up for doing your big meal in dinner, which the Diet Doctor advocates against since evenings is usually when the energy needs are at the lowest. Instead, she recommends (and I agree) spreading calories evenly throughout the day, or, if need be, stacking more earlier in the day (breakfast, morning snack) when your body needs that all that fuel to keep it functioning in the day.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:54 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaWarlock View Post
I think it's a term coined by the Diet Doctor (from that No Time to Lose Diet book recently profiled on 3FC)

In music terms, a crescendo is getting gradually louder - so crescendo eating is basically saving up for doing your big meal in dinner, which the Diet Doctor advocates against since evenings is usually when the energy needs are at the lowest. Instead, she recommends (and I agree) spreading calories evenly throughout the day, or, if need be, stacking more earlier in the day (breakfast, morning snack) when your body needs that all that fuel to keep it functioning in the day.
Okay, I understand. I usually try to keep my meal calories at 300-400 regardless of when the meal is and then snack calories at 100 or so.
Closed Thread