Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #16  
The Sensei of Stamina

S/C/G: 125/118/105

Height: 5'1"

Plan for this week:
I am going to make a cheesecake (gasp!) from a South Beach recipe that my mother sent me. For those familiar with South Beach, the cake is apparently Phase 1. It may turn out terrible, haha (sugar free AND low fat?). We’ll see! But I'm going to try making it ... and I will not eat any other sweets except for that this week. If it's big enough it will last me into next week, too.
If it’s delicious and anybody’s interested I’ll post the recipe. Anybody else here obsessed with cheesecake, also?
My other plan is to study for my midterm on Thursday, and NOT gorge myself on snacks while I'm nervously studying away. I have an idea: I'll buy some gum to chew while studying to keep my mouth busy.
I'm going out dancing with my boyfriend on Friday and I want to feel great about myself in the dress I want to wear ... if I eat well all week, I'll feel beautiful. Oh, and I won’t gorge myself on snacks that night to “celebrate,” either!
Maybe lose half a pound by Friday or some other healthy increment of weight, but I’m not going to pressure myself about numbers. Just going to keep on trucking.

I plan to go to karate class on Tuesday and Saturday and do my cardio three times this week. I will up cardio to 45 min. on Wednesday and see if it is too much for my knees or not. Might have to do the elliptical instead of the treadmill.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #17  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Janie I don't know about any books, I'm just eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm satisfied. If you google, there's plenty of stuff around to help you get started. I do agree it doesn't work for everyone, but personally I think it's the healthiest way forward.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Good Monday to everyone!

Well I thought I had better plan this week a little better as last week was a disaster and I seem to be stuck at this same weight now for 3 weeks .

This week my plan is to not eat out as much and to exercise a little more. I should say exercise at all ! Even if it's just 20 minutes a day, I need to at least do something. DH is going out of town on Wednesday for 10 days so I will be getting a little "ME" time and I plan to really work on "me". Wish me luck!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #19  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I had two off-plan days last week (not meals...days! ), so my goal this week is to stay on plan every day (except Wednesday, when I am going out to dinner with some friends at a restaurant where I know there won't be any on-plan choices). This is going to be quite a trick on Thursday because I am at a conference all day with no control over my food.

Maybe there is something to this theory about stress making you eat more. I had several days last week where I felt like I couldn't get enough to eat. I was also very stressed about work stuff. This week I feel like I am getting the work stuff under control, so hopefully it will be better.

I dropped $15 on a watch with a stopwatch last week, so I now know that I did my 6-mile run on Sunday in exactly 59 min and 38 seconds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppins3 View Post
I was really bad with some Easter candy last week, so I'm just not buying anymore of the giant bags. It was my idea to buy it in the first place, thinking I could just portion out servings, but I do not have that kind of control. (I'm just not sure how many times it'll take before I realize I am not able to control myself in that way!!)
Oh Poppins, I've made that mistake so many times. When I'm standing there in the store, I think, sure I can buy this big bag o' chocolate, I'll just eat it in small portions. Then I get home and it's a whole 'nother story.

Canadian_mom, sorry your mouth is hurting. Is it a toothache or something else? Maybe Ibuprofen would help--that always works for my toothaches and pain related to clenching my jaw.

2Frus - I love Nutella. And the calories are about the same as for peanut butter. I've considered having a Nutella sandwich.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post
I dropped $15 on a watch with a stopwatch last week, so I now know that I did my 6-mile run on Sunday in exactly 59 min and 38 seconds!

Whoa that's so awesome.

If I could get my 3 mile runs down to 30 minutes I would be happy but 6 in under an hour is realy fab. It took me an hour and 5 to do 5 miles yesterday. But hey its the first time I have done 5 miles. I am such a beginner that just getting out of bed and putting on my running shoes impresses me some days.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #21  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Day two of planning going well. Got on the scales this morning and am down 2.4lbs since last Monday so am 148 I'm so pleased. I think my Easter mini goal of 145 is no longer attainable but if I make 147 I'll be down to 10 1/2 stone which is a big deal to me. I love being English. We get to have the 10lb and 5lb barriers too but also weighing in stones and pounds (I convert it when I come on here) we get to claim a milestone every 7 and 14 pounds too
Old 03-19-2007, 05:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post

Canadian_mom, sorry your mouth is hurting. Is it a toothache or something else? Maybe Ibuprofen would help--that always works for my toothaches and pain related to clenching my jaw.
I do not have enough room in my mouth for my teeth and when I was 21 I didn't have the 1000$+ it was going to cost to pull my wisdom teeth (I was a single mom of 2). So now they are all grown in and shouln't cost that much (about 300 to pull 3 that are bothering me and if I decide to pull all 5 it will still be about 400) Anyways because of these teeth I have TMJ so I think it is time to have them pull before I have to have my jaw broke and wired shut. Although that would be an easy but painfull and expensive way to reach goal. lol
Old 03-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #23  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Default Happy Monday Ladies!

Today starts my 4th week of daily accountability posting to this forum. I'm really happy with myself for sticking to my goal of doing an 'activity' every single day. I'm the type of person who if I skip one day of exercise, it immediately becomes several in a row and I don't get back in the groove.

The last few days I've actually noticed feeling better after my walk or low impact in front of the TV. Usually, I feel no different and sometimes worse.

On Wednesday, DH and I leave in the afternoon to fly down to Florida and visit my parents until Sunday night. That's 4.5 days where what we eat is out of my control.

My Mom will be all over me about not eating breakfast (which is something I stopped doing 30 years ago, but she still wants to mother me.) I'm a two meal a day person and since the switch in meds 14 months ago, rarely have snacks or desserts.

Now a days when I mentally feel like eating something outside of meal time, (such as a thought that XYZ would taste good) I ask myself if I'm truly hungery and the answer is usually no. It's really been a helpful question in my weight loss.

Plus, the fridge is mostly stocked with fruits and vegetables and the cupboards with whole grains. There's not a lot of 'off plan' eating opportunities in this house. DH has become more interested in going food shopping with me so he can get some of his treats into the house. Thank goodness I don't like oatmeal raison cookies and gummy worms.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'4"

Boo!! I was good all day, but TOTM cravings killed me at dinner/after dinner.

For dinner, I had two mini-burritos: whole wheat tortilla, brown rice, grilled chicken, mango chutney. They were rolled on taco-sized tortillas, so really were mini. I guess two (instead of the planned one) was really that bad.

Then I had a banana. Okay.

Then PMS struck and I broke out the Ben & Jerry's low-fat yogurt, and probably had 1.5 - 2 servings (at least it was yogurt instead of ice cream!).

And then a few Saltines -- yes, so weird, but I was craving salt.

Now I am DONE. Even though these after-dinner snacks weren't on plan, I'm glad I was able to make myself stop without overdoing it too badly.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Wow, clvquilts, you look pretty smoking in your bikini (or maybe technically it's a skirtini or something) ... if anything can keep you honest on your Florida trip, it's a 2-piece bathing suit! Good luck!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:21 PM   #26  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Hikerchick, it wasn't that long ago that I was running only 5 miles in a hour. I think it was really only a couple of months, if that, to go from 5 miles in an hour to 6 miles in an hour. And I only run distance like this one day a week and there were some setbacks in there (weeks where I couldn't exercise normally or at all due to illness, vacation, etc.) So you may be up to six miles before you know it. It sounds like you are doing fabulous with your running program. I started my exercise program back in Aug 05, so it's taken me a year and a half to get to this point.

Canadian_Mom, I had the same problem when I was kid. I'm actually missing 25% of my teeth--they had to pull four of my regular teeth in addition to my four wisdom teeth. When they pulled the two regulars on the bottom, there wasn't even a gap; you could not tell where they had pulled them from. Luckily, all this work was done when I was a kid (junior high for the regular teeth, college for the wisdom teeth) so I didn't have to experience the pain you have now. Having my wisdom teeth removed was a breeze--I was eating popcorn the next day. The regular teeth were more of a problem, but I think that had more to do with the dentist not knowing what he was doing. Then, of course, there were all those years of braces...come to think of it, those were pretty painful. I hope you get some relief soon.

Carolyn, I agree with Janie, you look smokin in that bikini! But I don't know how you survive on two meals a day and no snacks. I swear, I eat every two to three hours. But you'd never catch me in a two-piece bathing suit either. Tried one on at Old Navy this weekend and it was downright ugly .
Old 03-19-2007, 09:23 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'4"

Yikes, I just entered my foods into FitDay for the first time, and it's scary!! I had no idea I was eating so much. I'm going to have to start making better choices and cutting back!!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #28  
Ilene the Bean

Hello girls ...
Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 PM   #29  

just poking my head in 'cause i haven't been around. hope y'all are doin' well.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!
I'm going to take poppins3 with me the next time I see someone post who thinks they don't eat much or thinks they can't be bothered using fitday. Enlightening, isn't it. Stick with us poppins3 we'll help you.

I know it's hard to believe but I just don't have much to say. Ya gotta know I think about you all and read read read!
Closed Thread