Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #16  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Susan, if I skipped the crying and just brought muffins would you be mad?

Well the title of this thread is planning and I've been planning to within an inch of my life. I've planned not just for the week but for the next 4 months. Today I booked my summer holiday which is in the second week of July - in fact I go 4 months yesterday. This is what I had in the back of my mind when I started this plan. I've said before that I can't believe how slowly this is going but on the otherhand you guys have taught me to forgive myself when things go a bit wrong and that means that I'm still doing it rather than having given up already.

Anyway, I buried my head in the sand last week and didn't weigh myself. I'm down a pound from the week before. 1lb in 2 weeks isn't great but then I was off plan as often as I was on it in the last fortnight so can't compain.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

As long as you're not offended if I don't have a muffin. I don't get mad much. Well there is the husband of my friend who was here this morning ... Never mind, I don't get mad at nice people very often.

I had my nap and now I've got a stupid little ache over my eyes! I'm such an emotional mishmash ... so easily dumped off my apple-cart. Yeesh.

As soon as I'm done with this STRONG coffee ... I'd better go find some salad fixings.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
I've said before that I can't believe how slowly this is going but on the otherhand you guys have taught me to forgive myself when things go a bit wrong and that means that I'm still doing it rather than having given up already.
We're glad you haven't given up, too!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 177/168.5/140

Height: 5'5

Hey doughnut just think of it this way, 1lb is 4 sticks of butter!! That's a lot! So congrats on your loss
lpgoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #20  

Default Thanks to Susan B

Hi, I'm new and I finally found my way here thanks to Susan B. So I really hope to get to know you all and hope that with some additional support from this forum I will get rid of the last few pounds and keep them off!
suerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #21  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Hi,

Not a bad first week back. Down 3 lb today. The bad news is I'll be working 60-70 hours a week for a while and don't know WHEN I'll get to work out!!! As I can, I guess.

Onward!

Spanky
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #22  

There's Suerose! Hi and welcome!
I cheer over .3 of a pound ... as long as it's gone ... it's good.

I've just had a tumultuous day. Family in trouble. Divorce is so sad all the way around. Oddly enough, all this upset has me low on cals for the day. Very odd. I didn't even have a nice square that the pastor's wife set out for us.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut
Anyway, I buried my head in the sand last week and didn't weigh myself.
ME TOO!! I just have to stop this... I go on a vacation the first week of May I just gotta get my poop together here!! So let's do it together... DD is on break from school this week so it'll be really hard, but I can sure try!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #24  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

First of all WELCOME Chocobroc! I'm sure you'll love it here, I definitly.
Also WELCOME to Suerose! Nice to meet you!

Congratulations to everyone who lost this week! That's awesome.

Dougnut, 1lbs over 2 weeks is great! Those little .1, .5, all add up over the long run.
Spanky, 3lbs! Unbelievable, awesome for you.

So my weekend was totally unstellar. I'm so exhausted, and because I'm tired my body keeps shouting FEED ME CARBS!!!! SUGAR I NEED SUGAR!!! And because I'm week I comply to my bodies terrible demands.
I'm so tired that extra bags have shown up under my eyes. That's why tonight I plan to go to bed early (as in when I finish this post).
Ugh, so 3days of gross eating is making me feel crappy... But a really great thing came out of it.

I realized that for the first time in maybe 2-3 weeks I hadn't really binged bad or anything. That my eating has improved so much. Plus the fact that right now I'm overeating for PHYSICAL reasons, and not MENTAL feels like an improvement for me.

This week my goal is to eat cartloads of veggies. I plan to have lots of salads for lunch and supper, veggies will be a part of every meal (except maybe breakfast). I also want to stick to 1500-1800 calories a day (although not for today.). And get in 1hour or more of physical activity a day.

Good luck ladies, and I'll check in tomorrow. For now, goodnight.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:13 AM   #25  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Hello Chatty Catties!

Well done to all you losers!

I am trying to have a less-carb day today. Yesterday I was given a Mars bar, and of course I ate it! However it filled me up right until tea time after kickboxing, so that's 5 and a half hours of fillingness from one measly 300kcal chocolate bar! I think I should live on them, they sure are good

I've had a nice late brekky. Something in me isn't liking eating in the early mornings at the moment I was full from yesterday but funny thing is I only had an egg on toast at about half 8 or 9pm AND yesterday was a fairly low calorie day, even though it felt higher because of all that Chinese sitting in my stomach! Anywho, planning on getting to the gym at lunch today. I was working through lunch yesterday and didn't get there, although I did run around the hall last night with kiddies in tow!

I've got a private kickboxing lesson tonight and then a normal class - should be fun! Should be amazing! Really looking forward to getting back in the groove!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #26  

I'm so thankful to have all of you here this morning!

2frus ... I miss you when you're not here for a few days. I'm always uplifted by your energetic posts and optimism.

lpgoad ... I'm glad you're with us. I'm glad you've stuck with us. Your stick-to-it-ivenss is admireable! I can almost see you shrinking.

clvquilts ... I'm glad you're finding the support you need. But I gotta tell ya ... I find your post encouraging! A maintainer! You're a winner in my books Carolyn.

Ilene ... surely I don't have to tell you how much you mean to me. You've been an inspiration to me (and other not so spring chicks) since the day I found 3FC.

hikerchick ... you are on a hot ROLL. I have absolute faith that you're going to muscle through this adventure with determination.

Allison ... for some reason (in my mind's eye) you've become my sophisticated, tall slender friend from California. I wish we could walk together.

BlueTo Blue ... I'm so glad you've posted a picture of your smiling face. It encourages me each day. Just like your get at'em posts.

greatchoice ... the odd rough day doesn't faze you. You soldier on. I'm encouraged by that too.

Chocobroc ... just your user name makes me smile. I'm glad you've found us and sincerely hope you feel at home and stick with us.

Whittlin ... stick to your guns baby (I never call anyone baby) you need some time and space to be the best you you can be!

Doughnut ... keep going my slenderizing friend. A half pound a week is an awesome accomplishment. You've be 'knock'em dead' for your vacation.

Suerose ... don't be shy. We just talk. Come on in. Tell us what you're up to. Never underestimate what you have to offer.

Spanky ... Hang in ... you know what you're doing and a few weeks of work interfering in your life is not going to knock a sturdy person like you off track. Nope!

Cats tongue ... bath tubs full of greens! I need to clean out my crisper and buy some too. Keep in touch, we'll compare salads.

Everybody ... be as good as I know you can be today.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #27  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I think some of you know I lurk. Just wanted to say that you always make me feel good, SusanB!

When you had a long driveway, I think I'm right in saying you would lunge down it. How do you lunge now?
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #28  

Golly silverbirch ... I haven't lunged is ages! Thanks so much for bringing it up. I have a hair appt at 1030 maybe I'll lunge partway home. Poor pity any nosy neighbours!

See, we should never underestimate what we have to say. Silverbirch just popped into say hello and she's encouraged me to do something I haven't tried in a while.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Susan~I just wanted to tell you, first thanks but I can't say I'm sophisticated!! And second, yesterday I went back a year to my first posts and it was YOU that welcomed me and gave me advice! To you, I am grateful!! I'm so sorry to hear about your family troubles. Need a shoulder? Take care.

I'll post more later (you know, when I get to work! LOL).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #30  

Well, you look sophisticated in your picture. Hey, don't mess with my imaginary friends