Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #1  

Wink NSV -- I stole something!!!

I found it amusing that stealing something was my victory, but please, let me explain...

I've been eating out of the same size bowls in the cafeteria all year and estimating the amount of food I put (or they dish) into them. I have usually estimated that up to the "lip" of the bowl is 0.8 cups, I don't really know why I thought 0.8 but I did.

Anyway, I stole a bowl from the cafeteria today (I'll return it, don't worry!) to see how much was actually in bowl so that I could more accurately use Fitday. (Really cracking down on my correct caloric intake woohoo.) I used my measuring cup and it was 0.8 to the lip!!! And 1.4 to the brim. So now I know.

All that baking must have paid off for eyeballing things. Yay.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

So how do you sneak it back in? Good estimating. Generally it is said that people underestimate, so you done good!
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #3  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

LOL. It's not stealing - you had no intention to permanently deprive the owner! Well done on your estimating. Your accuracy is going to stand you in very good stead when you're maintaining methinks.

I had a NSV today as well. A person I know from work (I work in a big organisation - you might not see someone for months) asked me outright if I'd lost weight. I hadn't seen her since Christmas and as no-one at work knows I'm trying she wasn't saying it to be nice
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:21 PM   #4  

I'm gonna take it back to the cafeteria tonight and put it on all the trays with the other food. I'm not actually that worried about stealing a dish, it's just strange that I had to, ya know?

Good job, Doughnut, it's always so nice when people notice
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

When I was in the dorms my first year everyone had cafateria dishes in their rooms cause they were all too cheap to buy any! Very wrong but kinda funny, hey when you're poor you're poor... maybe they returned them at the end of the year, who knows? I do remember the plates and bowls being small probably some scheme they devised to trick kids into thinking they ate more than they did so they would think they were full!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #6  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Haha. I remember those bowls! People are always taking dishes from the cafe and leaving them every where. Last year they were anyway. It got so bad, there would be certain corners of the courtyards or beside doors where people would pile their dishes!

I think they started cracking down though near the end of last year, putting up paper signs that said DO NOT REMOVE DISHES FROM CAFETERIA.

Good job on your estimation though. Being right on is pretty great, especially since most people underestimate.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote