Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Happy birthday Caroline!

I did hit the scale at work and it lied just like yesterday I feel slimmer than that.

Sliding feet dancing ... must try that. I do remember the twist.

I still got bounced around at work today. I was the paperwork lady. Odd. I guess that's better than giving enemas all shift.

Terrible weather! Rainy, pellety slop that's drifting. I had a rutty ride home that took about twice as long as usual. I'm glad to be home.

Lovely to hear from all of you!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #77  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Default Counting those calories

Artmaker - Virtual Pose Duo is published by Hand Books Press. www.virtualpose.net

The number of calories is the total amount per day that you consume.

“About 3,500 calories adds up to about 1 pound. This applies whether they are food calories coming in, or calories (burned by exercise) going out.”

Depending on your weight, your metabolic rate (breathing, what your organs need to keep working, how much you figet), and the amount of exercise you do determines how many calories you should consume on average.

Since I only eat lunch and dinner and have a small appetite due to my current medication, I questimate that I eat on average 1,000 calories a day. I am fairly sedentary, but still use more calories via my metabolic rate than I take in, so I’ve been losing weight.

At some point, I’m going to have to increase my caloric intake so that I will be able to maintain a healthy weight. I’m happy to remain at 110 pounds, but wouldn’t might getting down to 105 if it happens naturally. I’d still be in a healthy BMI (body mass index) for my short height of 5’1”.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #78  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Alinnel, I my trainer! I've been with him for over a year now. When I first signed up, I thought I would just do it for a short while until I was comfortable working out on my own, but I like so much I've just kept up with it. At this point I don't really need it for the accountability, but the workouts are more intense that what I would do on my own and more interesting. And for three days a week, it's nice to let someone else figure out what I should be doing. If you ever have an opportunity, I highly recommend it. I have a friend who has done one of the bootcamp programs (in Golden Gate Park) and he really liked it, so much that he did it a second time. He said that he did see results from it.

Artmaker, I never subtract calories burned from exercise. So if I eat 1400 calories and burn 400 through exercise, I would say that it's a 1400 calorie day. Without a heart monitor, it's impossible to really know how many calories I'm burning since none of the machines or online calculators are accurate. I do keep an eye on calories burned on the cardio machines though, just to make sure I'm maintaining a consistent intensity level from one day to the next (esp. on the elliptical where it's up to me to keep the pace up).
Old 03-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #79  

I win the boobie prize for tonight. I walked (in this weather) to the store ... and left my debit card behind. Back I went. But that's about a half hour of walking in snow that feels like sand on the beach! I should sleep well
Old 03-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #80  

Walking in snow burns lotsa calories I'm sure...it can be exhausting
Old 03-02-2007, 01:44 AM   #81  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi all

It's my day off today so I'm hoping for weather more like yesterday (sunny) than the day before (stormy and yuk) so I can enjoy a long walk this morning with the dog. In the afternoon I'm going to a special assembly at my DS's school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatchoice View Post
At least now that he has his license I don't have to do any running around for practices just show up at the matches.
Lol, Greatchoice - first time I read that I thought you were talking about some sort of tennis licence - I was thinking you must have a very different system from the UK! But no, you mean his driving licence, of course

Eating is going well. DH has been doing Weight Watchers since January, so we were already eating very healthy meals with lots of veggies (actually, I'm vegetarian, but that's no guarantee of healthy eating); I just needed to get on top of the snacks. It's going well, but I'm hoping I will eventually come to the point where I'm not thinking about food all evening! Oh well, better than eating it

Have a great day all!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:09 AM   #82  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello my dears!

I had a good day yesterday. But then got bullied in kickboxing. Not nice at all. If anyone wants more details just check out the UK March chat thread! I'm not in the mood for repeating and don't really want to bore you all with the sordid details! Needless to say I will be speaking to my instructor again. About this same person. Who did this same thing to me last time I sparred with him.

Anyway. IE is going well, scales are holding steady if not down half a pound since yesterday I think if I'm consistent with this it might produce a slight loss. I think before I was just all over the place. Weekdays I would be "good" and weekends would be "bad" but if I'm really only paying attention then there is no good and bad and whatever. I also think that I'm still eating less than I really need. I did a quick head-tally of calories and it came up to 1800-ish. Which is great considering I lifted heavy for about 30-40 mins at lunch and sparred for an hour in the evening. So if I'm consistent with things like that then eventually I might be seeing a little loss.

I feel quite buff today. The DOMS from Tuesday are still here. And my back is aching slightly from the weights yesterday, and my muscles are all puffy and sticking out all over. It's good!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:41 AM   #83  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Oh no Fru, was it that 14 yr old who you tangled with a while ago? Don't have time to check the other thread, but you poor baby.

Got a really good LB workout this morning....each day I am able to go further and further into the session, and it feels sooo satisfactory. Now I am off for a nice walk outside....think it's supposed to be in the 60's today, and if it isn't raining, I am going to take advantage.

Observed the yoga/meditation class at the retirement home...was cool to see men as well as women partaking of the classes, and to hear all the expressed pleasure at how they felt afterwards. Hope the owner can find me a class in the next few months. Will be starting to teach 6 pilates classes every other Sat starting in March at another facility....am going to observe this Saturday. And so my new career starts!

I'm going into the weekend feeling really good about my eating...tho' the scale isn't budging...I'm just NOT going to pay attention. Hope everyone has a great day and a terrific weekend.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:59 AM   #84  
aka Superwoman!

BAH - no at least I can get the better of him! It's some guy who's been there 12 years and thinks he knows it all. But he doesn't. I have more belts than him and he really can't hack it at all!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:18 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Hey all, sorry I've been absent, it's the end of semester and anytime I'm on the computer I find myself doing homework. Today we have a snow storm so I had time to hop on. Not doing too well, find it hard to stick to it when I'm so stressed. But, I still try everyday, one more week of this and I start fieldwork. Hope everyone is doing well. Promise to be more active.
Dana
Old 03-02-2007, 08:33 AM   #86  

Morning everyone!
Hi Dana, I'm glad you came to us when you're feeling out-of-sorts. We're glad to see you ... that usually cheers me up.

Susan, you sound so excited. I'm happy for you.

My legs feel like I did legs on Wednesday and walked in snow yesterday and my shoulders feel good from yesterday's workout too. I might do some core stuff today and I could shovel.

I had a luscious treat of icecream last night and have no guilt feelings at all. But I woke up starving! Carb crash??? Ya think?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #87  
aka Superwoman!

Susan(AM) - You DO sound happy. I think rehab work must be the most rewarding of all training work because you actually make a difference.

Dana, you're nearly there, just concentrate on eating healthy brain-food, I have a friend who used to eat a banana before exams because she said they were good for thinking!! Also fish is supposed to make you brainier too!

Susan B, I had ice cream last night too! Although I just dug out a spoonful and put the rest away! Mine was organic chocolate and ginger

Well I've talked to my instructor about the nasty man at training last night and he agrees with me that he's a and that's just the way it is. He reckons I should be super-nice to him! Which I was thinking of doing too
Old 03-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #88  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! How is everyone doing? Well yesterday was my daughters 5th birthday so that included cake and ice cream but I had my serving and that was it. It is so fun watching kids on their birthdays, they just beam all day long with the anticaption of what is coming next. I took her to lunch yesterday at this place that brings your food to you on a train and they thought that was really cool. First thing this morning I have her begging to finger paint, Lord help me! Well its snowing here again, JOY! I really am sick of the snow, I know I live in Illinios get used to it but I never do! Tonight I am hitting the gym for cardio and some ab work on the machines. I have to admit my eating the last couple of days has not been terrific, not awful just not good. I work way to hard at the gym to eat silly things at home. Well I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #89  
aka Superwoman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina30 View Post
I took her to lunch yesterday at this place that brings your food to you on a train and they thought that was really cool.

Can I come next time???
Old 03-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #90  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Hop on board 2frustrated!
Closed Thread