Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:37 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome! 45 lbs that's good work! You did the right thing, just jump right in!

Tell us how you did the 45 ... and the maritimes? is that right?
Old 02-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #47  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Hello ladies! I am a bit confused but hope this is the right place and I see some of my people here so thinking it is. Our thread got closed, so is this the weekly thread they were suggesting we use instead. Well a bit about myself I have been on the weight loss journey for about 2 years now and although it is coming off slow this is the first time it has ever stayed off. I have about 15-20 more pounds I would like to lose and hoping to get that off before summer. I have to say my SIL is a huge support and motivation to me. We have been at this together since the beginning and are nearing the end together. I have 3 children and right now I am blessed to be able to stay home with them. Well thats it for now. It may take me a few weeks to get to know all the new faces but I look forward to hearing and sharing with all of you! Have a great day ladies!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Yeap in the maritimes.I had NO plan when I started I just started exercising and watching what I ate. This summer I started calorie counting and added some more free weights and stuff. I have also just stareted doing Tae bo agin(the original).Right now I work out 30 - 90 mins a day (depends on the day and what exercises I am doing) Sundays are usually my slacker day of 30 mins. I cannot go a day without exercising or I feel like crap and do not want to exercise the next day.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:58 AM   #49  

Welcome Tina! 65 lbs!

I hear you about missing a day. It is gloriously sunny here this morning and all my sweats are still in the dryer! Guess who forgot them? But I wanna go out NOW!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #50  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!
Welcome Tina and Canadian Mom (did I leave anyone out? sorry if I did!)
Not much to report here. I have been HUNGRY these past 2 days but managed to fight off the urge to eat everything in sight...steps in the right direction!
I did yoga yesterday, and my teacher focused almost exclusively on the lower body, so I am definitely feeling it today! I have an hour-long endurance run scheduled for tonight, so I hope my legs stop feeling like lead...my legs have been betraying me lately...they have just felt tired, so I rested them yesterday, besides the yoga of course! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good workout tonight.
I hope you all are doing well, and have a wonderful day!

Last edited by meg on a mission; 02-28-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #51  
Ilene the Bean

canadian mom and Tina .... Yes, this is the right place for the weekly chat... We're all in the same boat so just hop in and we'll have a blast...

I'm ravenous plus tired today too Meg.... Yesterday I had a triathlon of sorts, weights in the morning, running at 4pm and then swimming at 5pm .... I'm feeling it today... My leg workout today was pretty sllloooooowwww .....Food has been really good though I'm proud of myself for that....

Well I've got to get ready for work ... TTFN
Old 02-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #52  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ilene - you sound like you're doing really well! Keep it up gal!

Welcome Tina and Canadian Mom!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #53  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Tina and Canadian Mom, glad you joined here!

Happy birthday quilter!

Today is GORGEOUS!!! In the fifties and mild.

Am feeling really good...have lost a few inches (YAY!) and today went to observe an exercise class at a retirement home in the hopes of doing it come April myself. I am so psyched....it really moved me to watch the people trying to exercise to the best of their abilities. It touched my heart in a way that I know meant that this was what I should be doing for people.

I am going for training in 2 weeks....looking forward to meeting the other trainers.

Today was a lower body exercise morning, and I was able to much more of the exercise video than I could on Monday, so that is Progress and Progress is good! Baby steps! Keep getting too tired to work out again at night....espec with watching American Idol (I'll admit it, I'm addicted!)...I end up just doing leg lifts and squats while I watch to feel less guilty.

Hope everyone is having as good a day.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #54  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Hi All,

Welcome Tina and Canadian Mom!

And Happy Birthday CVquilts.

OK my big news for the day is....

I ran 2 miles in a row all by myself without stopping in 6 inches of snow.

And you know the snow is really not that bad to run in.

Actually it was gorgeous i was out there before any cars made it ugly. I got to watch myself blazing trails in the snow.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #55  

Haha, thanks Susan

Welcome Canadian Mom and Tina! What thread closed? I didn't know they did that.

Amazing work on all the exercise...
training for a marathon,
some leggy yoga,
kickboxing and weight lifting,
some training and inches lost...
and running despite half a foot of runner's misery!!
what a strong bunch of chicks in here.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #56  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

This morning I did my weekly weigh in and now I'm one pound away from my goal weight. Of course, now I'm looking in the mirror and thinking, "I could lose another 5 pounds"...

Tonight my husband and I go West Coast Swing dancing. It's great excerise.

To Whittlin, take a look at my web site at http://www.clvquilts.com They may not be what you池e thinking of. I use quilting as my artistic medium. They all hang on the wall. Some begin as paintings that are then quilted. Others are collages.

To Blue to Blue, thanks for visiting my web site. The Techno Jams hang prominently in my studio. People love them since they池e so colorful. Thanks for wishing me a happy b-day on Thursday. I値l be 46 and around the weight I was in high school and then in my mid-twenties (I知 ignoring the college years and the freshman 10 that was hard to take off.)

To 2Frustrated, thanks for the great animated objects. You make everyone feel so special. I知 still undecided if I知 going to eat birthday cake on March 1st. I used to be a chocoholic until last December when the switch in meds changed my taste buds and now I have no interest in it. (Yes, I知 thinking of selling my meds on the black market!)

To Artmaker, thanks for the shout out. What type of artwork do you create?

To Hikerchick, thanks. I知 feeling really welcomed on this forum.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:01 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon everyone!!!

I'm off to a very late start today because of my weekly puppet thing. Calories are looking pretty good so far, but I haven't the faintest idea what to prepare for dinner tonight. I almost caved in and got pizza last night, but DH offered to take DS to Karate, so that saved me! I had time to prepare a very nice ww penne with hot Italian sausage and vegetables. Yummy!! The kids loved it (well, so did I!). I was really, really good and measured EVERYTHING so I know that the 373 calories per serving was right on!

Dang, Caroline! 1 pound from goal!!! WTG!!! (Can't wait until I can say that!)

Welcome to everyone from the other thread!! That one was a bit more quiet than this one--but you'll fit right in!

Have a great day everyone, I need to get to work before DH catches onto what I'm doing here!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #58  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Blimey - this thread has exploded a bit in the last day or so. I'm not going to even attempt personal addresses other than to say:-

Tina and Canadian Mum

Whittlin I'm very excited for you and right on your coat tails well done.

Well I'm doing Ok. Exercise is still an issue but this week it's because of work rather than laziness. I work 8-6 ish on average but this week I've been bringing home paperwork and doing that for another 3 or 4 hours Never mind, I'll be able to do some Friday and the weekend which'll still be 4 sessions so not too bad.

I feel like I'm doing really well with the food and am struggling some days to eat a minimum of 1200 cals and that's my idea of a really low day. I do tend to naturally eat less when I'm stressed. At least I'm not getting those calories from junk food at the moment.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #59  

I got called to work ... pronto! at noon. What a disruption! I'll do legs in a minute here but whew for throwing me off balance!

I did have a few little candies but I had a good supper when I got home and I'll have something nutritious again later.

BTW ... it's awesome to see our thread so busy. I love it!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #60  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good afternoon!

Not much going on here today. I worked overtime midnight-10 am then came home and slept for 2 1/2 hours. I got up and walked on my treadmill then went to Curves. I took tonight off I took it off for no particular reason and then found out there is a parent meeting for my son's tennis team which is being held right at the time I would usually be sleeping so that works out well.

Allison-what is your puppet thing?

It is so cold/rainy here today (at least I am frozen to the bone). I grew up in Illinois and Michigan but I've been out here for 25 years and I don't remember how I lived in the cold. I remember being in high school and getting up at the last minute for school and leaving the house with my hair wet and getting to school and my hair was frozen. That didn't seem to bother me

Hope everyone has a nice evening. LOST is on tonight. That is the only program I watch on TV. My son & I started watching it together otherwise I probably wouldn't even keep up with it (although I do like it). Talk to you later. Jane
Closed Thread