Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #31  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatchoice View Post
I had a question about a marathon...And do they have bathrooms along the way?
Too funny! Exactly what I was thinking! Once I had to stop and pee during a 5-mile run (good thing I was running past a local park that had bathrooms).

Congratulations, Whittlin! I love being able to put a new number in the tens column!

Sweet-talker - I don't have a ticker but I do list my weight in my profile and I can assure you that I have all sorts of crazy rules about when I update it so that I swear it's almost never accurate. When I have gained a few pounds, I won't change it because I hate to go backwards (motto: never go back; only go forwards). I feel like if I don't change it, the weight is less permanent and I'll get it off quicker. Unfortunately the holiday pounds I put on have been hanging around for so long that I finally decided I needed to just 'fess up and update my profile, but it took a couple of months for me to get to this point. Even going the other way, I won't change it right away because I'm worried I'll jinx myself if I update it too quickly.

Hiker - I have to say that leg pain is the hardest part about running (now that the abdominal cramps have gone away, tht is--that pretty much put a halt to my running outside for months ). Between the stetching and the better shoes, it's improved quite a bit but I'm always a little more achey on running days. We have a nice sunny day here in the bay area, I hope you are getting some up in the Sierras.

2frus - t', too, to, lay, lie I'm with Susan; I think I need a nap!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #32  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Oh Phooey, I hate when a new page comes on....and there's no way for me to go back and check everyone's entries without losing my reply....

One I did remember....WAY TO GO WHITTLIN'!!!!!!

And Hiker, you are sooo on with that 50 lb thingie on the scale. Someday I too will join the under 150's, and oh what a joyous day it will be.

So since I can't remember much of what was written....oh yes, happy tomorrow birthday quilter, and Susan, glad you are feeling better.....I am going to talk about ME!

Had a good workout this morning, did upperbody plus abs, plus floor lower body. My butt is burning. Now if I can only stay away from the nuts and oatmeal. Who was it who said they didn't like oatmeal? Oatmeal and nuts are my downfall....if I am really being BAD , I fill a small bowl with quick oats, almonds, pecans and dried cranberries, and gobble them up while reading a bon-bon book (trashy romance in other words). No milk, no cooking, just fast and mindless eating. But not today, oh no, today I am going to be GOOD.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm very afraid of addressing folks individually. I'm so sure I'll miss someone and that they might feel unwelcome. As a semiprofessional paranoid ... I know all about that . So please know that I think about you all and wish you well and share your celebrations.

Is there really a line of harlequins about racecar drivers?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #34  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Default Worried about regaining the weight

It's Tuesday and I've walked/exercised and done my situps three days in a row now. Tomorrow will be easy to keep to my week's goal of activity every day. We'll be going to our 3 hour West Coast Swing classes and dance party.

Since I'm so close to my over all weight goal, I've started thinking about the 3 or 4 times I actually when on a diet, lost 5 or 10 pounds and then the next year gained them back plus another 5.

In my first post, I told you how this time my extreme weight gain and then easy loss has mainly been due to a switch in medications. (I was very surprised yesterday to learn that my BMI at 160 put me on the edge of being obese - I had never thought of myself as more than overweight).

My long term goals are to continue to eat in a very healthy manner of mainly whole vegetables, whole grains, and fish while trying to reduce meats and dairy, and to get on and stick to an exercise program.

By doing so, I plan to be able to maintain my 'normal' weight rather than gain any back.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #35  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I'm very afraid of addressing folks individually. I'm so sure I'll miss someone and that they might feel unwelcome. As a semiprofessional paranoid ... I know all about that . So please know that I think about you all and wish you well and share your celebrations.

Is there really a line of harlequins about racecar drivers?
Haha Susan, I know what you mean! I double and triple checked to see that I had addressed everyone in my first post...I understand what you mean about the "semiprofessional paranoid"
Anyway, same goes for me...positive thoughts to all, even if I miss you somehow
Old 02-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #36  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

2frus-haha! You are 2funny! I used to be much more anal about spelling & grammar when I lived at home with my dad (many moons ago!).

I work for a police dept. now and some of the spelling and grammar around there is atrocious! It just kills me. One time someone put in a call about a "drug attic" I asked my co-worker if that is worse than being a "drug cellar"
Old 02-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #37  

I know what you mean about the individual addresses too, on certain threads, not usually this one, if too many people are inviolved and I've missed too much I don't respond at all because I don't have enough time to address everyone individually and don't want to leave anyone out It always goes back to time restrictions...everything seems to.

On an extremely general and long-winded note:
Happy birthday,
I love getting to a new set of 10s in my weight (149 seems so much smaller than 151),
I really wish I could run (better, faster, stroger etc) and admire you runners (but careful of the knees),
I'm glad you're feeling better!
thanks for the responses about tickers, I can see it's not set in stone as to what to do or when to change them

and finally: I'm sorry my response is like a puzzle, but just find a piece that fits with you haha.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #38  

Carey you are just so cute.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #39  

I wish I was near a scale. I feel slim today.
It's a good day actually. I walked, did arms and have plenty of cals left for evening snacking! And House is on tonight.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:37 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, House! I love House! Thanks for the reminder!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:13 PM   #41  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

oh yeah--Happy birthday, clvquilts (I guess this is an example of forgetting to mention someone). Those are some way cool quilts you've done! I especially like the techno jam ones. I've done a little quilting and even have a couple of quilts started but I seem to have a problem with finishing! And you're not the only one worried about gaining the weight back. Sometimes it feels like my heaviest weight is just a brownie away.

Artmaker, when you are posting your reply, if there are more than 15 replies to the thread (definitely the case if it is more than one page), scroll down to the very bottom of the page and there is a link you can click that will open the entire thread in a new window.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:58 AM   #42  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

I never respond to anyone individually, I'm just too self centered
I just generally forget, but I still love reading everyone's news!

But saying that Happy Birthday clvquilts (probably for yesterday now...)

DH and I went out to the theatre last night - we saw Dave Strassman, I don't know if you guys have heard of him, he's American though. He was very very funny! And I even got a sneaky bit of exercise in running for two buses However running for the bus yesterday after a brutal leg-workout yesterday lunch has left me almost crippled today But in a good way! I am about to test my legs again and see if I can make it downstairs for a cuppa.

Todays plan is rest at lunch, then boxing tonight. DH is coming too I'm really hoping he enjoys it and wants to keep coming with me, but somehow I just can't see it
Old 02-28-2007, 06:45 AM   #43  

House was not on last night! Rip!

I did watch those two designers Justin and Colin ... what a hoot!

And I got into the peanutbutter on toast. But I did abs and arms too.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:07 AM   #44  
Ilene the Bean

Oh My Thanks for starting the thread girls ... I'm glad someone is on the ball ....

Don't have much time to post but just wanted to say hi and I'll be back later...
Old 02-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Well I guess I will jump in here cause the other thread is locked now. For those who do not know me I am a SAHM of 4 (3 girls, 10 and 9 in April and the baby is 2 1/2 and 1 boy who turns 4 on March 5). i don't have much to say right now just thought I would introduce myself.
Closed Thread