Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Default Rewards

Does anyone else here reward themselves when goals are acheived? I've been thinking about it and think it's a great idea. When I get to my overall goal I think I am going to get a haircut and new cloths of course! When I hit 135, I'm going for a pedicure.

Dana
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I often think about it but my goals take soooooo long that I end up needing a haircut anyways or a pedicure what can I say!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #3  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

For small goal rewards, I have bought myself books or magazines about a favorite craft or hobby, or craft supplies, and "given" myself time to craft.

For large goals, I clearly ask my dh to take me out and I plan to wear something I can newly fit into (a lot of times this may be from my closet, but it is still a treat for me to be able to wear it). Interestingly, he still sometimes doesn't "get it", but I keep trying - I realize it's not an insult to me personally. He assumes I want a present or something, when what I want is to have HIM want to take me out on a date again, so I can wear something fun to celebrate! But I have learned that if we're hoping something will happen that involves a dh, we have to say it clearly and completely or forget being offended otherwise. We can wait forever for them to read our minds or just say it in the first place and start being happy.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/146/135

Height: 5'4"

I'll be buying clothes and a *gasp* bikini

I live 5 blocks off the beach and have avoided it in years past because I hated how I looked.
Soggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 PM   #5  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Height: 5'6"

I like to reward myself with clothes when I reach a goal, but I find that getting haircuts regularly, no matter where I am in my weight loss, is essential for me, because it serves as a reminder to take care of myself no matter what!
meg on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:01 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittlin View Post
But I have learned that if we're hoping something will happen that involves a dh, we have to say it clearly and completely or forget being offended otherwise. We can wait forever for them to read our minds or just say it in the first place and start being happy.
after 23 years I've learned that too
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:10 AM   #7  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I've tried to brib myself with rewards... but it doesn't work. I either don't actually want to spend the money, or I actually need it before I get to that reward place.

Plus I find rewards don't motivate me. I always think, if I have to try and reward myself to lose weight, than I obviously don't have enough motivation to do it. And getting thin and healthy should be the reward itself.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

the reason I want a haircut as my reward is because I really want to go shorter but feel it will look better on a thinner frame. Last time I cut my hair off I had lost 15lbs, it actually works for me. I've never had a pedicure, so that will be a real treat for me.
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #9  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
I often think about it but my goals take soooooo long that I end up needing a haircut anyways or a pedicure what can I say!
LOL - that's so true of me!
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

At 130 I'm getting new bra's ... better hurry, these ones are getting pretty bad.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Mentioned this reward in another thread....when I have a good week I treat myself to a download of music from Itunes for my Ipod. Not sure about my final goal....originally it was going to be a tattoo, but since I'm going to DS's in CA next month, I'm getting my tattoo then as he knows the good place to go.....but I can only do it if this month shows heavy duty progress.
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote