Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:05 PM   #61  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Blue, I am about an hours drive east of Stockton so yes I am with you on the weather. Stay dry and enjoy the gym.

Great job Dana. Sounds like a great workout.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #62  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodiumlightbaby View Post
I cracked this morning and had a bagel though, ah well, what can ya do? Dana
Dana - I wish my idea of cracking was a bit more like yours then I wouldn't be in this mess!
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 182.5/137.5/140

Height: 5' 6"

FINALLY! Within points and had great run and little swim today!
Can't stay but just thought I'd check in!

Hope everyone is doing well, will read up tomorrow!
Carobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:51 PM   #64  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon everyone. I just posted in here yesterday for the first time.

I work nights so I just got up. I walked one hour on my treadmill before I went to bed. I am so tired driving home from work but once I get out of the car and in the house I force myself to work out and then it feels so good not to have to do it when I get up. I also go to Curves three time a week.

Barbara-I have an Ipod that I need to get loaded with music. I know I'll love it once I do!

Allison-yes things have changed a lot here! We moved here 14 years ago from San Diego and it's just amazing. So you live out in Palm Desert? My son plays tennis sometimes at that big tennis complex (I forget the name of it right now). I personally love it there but the hotter the better for me, even in the summertime out there I handle the heat better than alot of people. We've gone there quite a bit over the years for baseball, basketball and tennis tournaments.

Hikerchick-I give you much credit for getting up and going out to exercise in the cold. I am a weather weinie!

Dana-I love bagels too. I always scoop the inside of big bagels out and then add the cream cheese. I did that once when I got a bagel that was too well done (almost burnt) and I had already left the shop. I always get the cream cheese on the side so I just scooped out the middle and I loved it! My son eats is like that now too.

Well my son will be home soon and we are going to watch LOST that we recorded last night. I am working 8pm-10am tonight so it will be a long night. I work lots of strange hours! Talk to everyone later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:55 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Jane~that tennis club is the Indian Wells Tennis Gardens. It's quite a place! My girlfriend is good friends with the general manager there and she always gets tickets to the Pacific Life Open when all the big players come (usually late February into March). Lately they've been doing concerts there--Eagles, The Who, and others that I can't remember

Dana~I had a bagel this morning, too. DD has one every morning and the smell just got to me today. It didn't fill me up at all and I ended up eating oatmeal too! Ouch. Kind of ruined my calories!!! But I've got a meeting tonight so my dinner will be more like a snack, so I'll still come in around 1400.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #66  
Ilene the Bean

Clytemnestra and greatchoice ...

Cly --I love my wine too and am going to have a glass while watching Survivor and Grey's Anatomy tonight

greatchoice-- good for you for exercising BEFORE going to bed... that's determination...

Carobelle and Sodium -- self sabotage is my biggest enemy... Just cause I lost a whole 2#, isn't a reason to start eating off plan, after all I do want to lose 13 more pounds It's a vicious yo-yo circle that I have to get out of too...

Hicker -- good for you for getting out in the cold, I know first hand how difficult it is, eventhough cold weather running is my favourite by far to run in...

I've been a bit MIA this week because the school I work at is having their registration day tomorrow and it's a big todo... PLUS the principal disappeared and went in training for 3 days the bugger... the other secretaries and I have been stuck doing the preps on our own... Oh well, it'll be over and done with tomorrow at this time... I guess he has confidence that we could do it without him, HA!!

TTFN I'm off to watch Survivor
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Good Morning! It is sooo beautiful and sunny here this morning you would never believe what a harrowing trip we had yesterday! Apparently a snow storm blew in off the lakes! As we drove we just kept hearing reports of more roads closed. DH did a wonderful job driving on secondary roads and got us home safely. Whew!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:46 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!!!

The scale Gods blessed me and I'm back down to 140.5 this morning. I really didn't know if that would happen after yesterday's breakfast meltdown. Now to keep the scale where it is for the whole weekend...
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #69  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hang on, Allison! Keep a grip on the good number.

Welcome, great choice.

artmakerSusan, glad to see you back. I'm actually sitting down here at computer with water after getting to the "you could stop here" point of the total t-tapp video. Taking a water break before heading back to push the play button and start on arms, so I'll think of you!

Blue to blue, everyone is different so if it works for you that's great. (you're slimmer than me!) You must be getting in more ounces of something liquid though? I count about 16 ounces of skim milk toward my water intake.

Hope everyone is finishing up the week as they'd planned!
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #70  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Hi all....oh, it feels so good to be back on track! I've written down my eating/exercise plan for the next week. I love the Cathe Friedrich tapes and am going to do the butts and glute tape on MWF, then an arms tape on T-TH. Each night I am going to do 15 minutes of T-tapp basic....surely I can do 15 minutes of exercise, no matter how tired I am at night. On the weekend I am going to focus on Pilates. That's the plan.

Whittlin, have you ever tried the T-tapp arms tape? That's my favorite. It kills both arms and legs....

Am going to observe an armchair pilates class next Monday at a senior residence....with the hopes that I can start teaching one in April. I am looking forward to partial retirement so I can start using my PT training in earnest.

Allison....keep busy with lots of fun things this weekend...then you won't want to eat...good luck with keeping the weight off.

SusanB, glad you all made it home safe and sound.

Jane, get that Ipod filled with music....you will love it! It's really addictive. The days my Ipod battery runs down I am devastated; am so used to working out to music now. I reward myself when I have good exercise/eating weeks by buying and downloading 10 songs from ITunes.
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #71  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Working out with the Ipod was awesome! GreatChoice, you've definitely got to get your Ipod loaded! I burned ten more calories than my all time high on the elliptical (in the same amount of time, which means I really kept the RPMs up during the whole workout). As I was doing it, I could see that during some songs I just naturally kept the RPMs higher than during others, it didn't even feel harder. I also managed to do one minute at 6.5 miles per hour on the treadmill--normally 6 miles per hour is my fastest pace (I always set the incline to 3.5, which is why I'm a little slow). Not sure if that was the Ipod or just that my cardio is finally back from when I was sick.

Dana--My willpower is temporary and all attributable a little black dress that I want to look fantastic in next weekend. After that, we'll see... But it's amazing how a little goal like that helps keep me on track.

Whittlin--Bleah, milk is worse than water for me (forced to drink it as a kid ). I put 2 oz of soy milk on my cereal and that's about it. But I do eat a lot of veggies and fruits that are high in water content (lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, peppers, apples, etc.). I usually eat two salads per day, one with lunch and one with dinner. I remember drinking huge amounts of water in college but as I've gotten older I've gotten out of the habit. I'm doing better than I was, though. Today I've probably had close to 24 oz! I also drink a diet soda with dinner (my bribe for drinking water at lunch), cup of decaf coffee or tea in the AM and a cup of tea before bed. But I put splenda and milk in the coffee and tea, so I'm not sure it counts as water.

Hiker--well, we've got sun today, hopefull you do too! It poured while I was at the gym yesterday; I was glad I was indoors.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post
Working out with the Ipod was awesome! GreatChoice, you've definitely got to get your Ipod loaded! I burned ten more calories than my all time high on the elliptical (in the same amount of time, which means I really kept the RPMs up during the whole workout). As I was doing it, I could see that during some songs I just naturally kept the RPMs higher than during others, it didn't even feel harder.
I have the same experience with listening to music while exercising. Your body *wants* to follow the beats of the songs.

I've seen playlists in fitness magazines specifically geared towards interval training--one really fast song, one slower song and so on. Of course, I only read fitness and women's magazines while I'm at the gym with no pen handy and my brain in an exercise-induced fog. If anyone else has an interval-oriented playlist or remembers seeing one in one of their magazines, would you post it?
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #73  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good morning (or I guess good afternoon for most people!).

Whittlin-I wish I could drink that much milk. It's so good for your bones too. I just dont' like milk; only on cereal.

Artmaker-That is a great reward idea with the Ipod. I am definitely going to do that.

Barbara-you & Artmaker have inspired me to get my Ipod going this weekend. I'm with you on the milk. I guess if I ate doughnuts I could drink more milk!!!

Baffled-I will look around for some interval training playlists. I have a few fitness magazines to look through. Sounds like a good idea.

Allison- on your weight.

I worked from 8pm-8am then stopped at Curves on my way home. I got a 5 hour "nap" then got up and did 10 mins of rowing on my bowflex and 20 mins on my treadmill. I have to run out and get dog food now then I'll eat dinner and back to bed for another 4 hours or so before work tonight.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:14 PM   #74  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone,

Today is fatigue day so i am taking a bit of a rest. Interestingly enough I am HUNGRY.

I am trying to be good. Actually I am being very good. No treats all good food but i think I have already eaten 1100 calories and I am still hungry (I still have to eat dinner). I will do my best to mitigate the damage though.

Tomorrow I am back to running and lifting so no rest for long.

By the way blue we got a little sun but we are snowed in. I am hoping for a little rain so I can reload my fruits and veggies.

Congrats Allison! I will be sending good scale vibes your way.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:05 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 182.5/137.5/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,
Apologies for not having time to read up properly and see how everyone is doing (I like to generally, I find it motivational) this week has been crazy with university and now I have an extra reason to want to shift those last ten pounds...I've just found out I'm one of 3 chosen out of 60 to do a semester abroad in New York! I know it will be amazing and hectic and I want to be feeling my best and although I wish it didn't, weight has something to do with that!
Darn, suppose that means I better go to the gym today!

Hope everyones doing well, I skim read some stuff above about:
milk (really easy to drink if it's with diet hot choc mix!),
ipods (the songs I play make an incredible difference to my work out... I definitely have to find those playlists... or we could post our own top songs?)
and bagels ...(really hard to resist, oooh especially in NY!! Sorry, excitement still sinking in!)

Ilene - glad it's not just me with the 'self-sabotage'...surely a good weight loss is supposed to spur me on for more, not convince me I can slack off!?

Dana are you feeling much better?

Oh and Whittlin... In the last two days I've only had one can of Diet Coke... and that's with lots of work on! (normally I would have had MANY!) you must be a good influence!

Anyway, have to fly, so much to do this weekend and off to Portugal on Monday, know I'll be eating a lot there but will be surfing too so hopefully it will balance out!

Take care!
Carobelle is offline   Reply With Quote