Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #31  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Not sure that I think much of my "planning" this week. I'm doing much better with the water but I've still done zilch exercise
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi all.

I've been lurking for some time. I need to lose 10/15 lbs that has clung on since my youngest was born 8 years ago. My main problem is relaxing in the evening with a glass or two of wine and a few tasty snacks; and I'm planning to give up alcohol for Lent, so this seems like the ideal time to get serious and join you. I plan to weigh myself tomorrow morning and get started then.

Wish me luck!
Clytemnestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, Clytemnestra!!

I have that problem with wine as well, although I'm pretty good at staying away from the snacks. I think my main snacking time is from the time I get home from work and when dinner gets on the table. I may nibble here and there on what we're having for dinner, or dive into the nut bowl while I'm cooking. Either way, I shouldn't do it.

Good luck!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Doughnut- Thanks for the advice, it’s true my willpower goes out the window when I feel ill. I’m with you on the water and the exercise, gotta drink more water!!

Bean87- Welcome, this is an awesome group of girls. I also carry weight on my belly, it’s not just about how you look, it’s not healthy to carry weight there, it’s a big motivator for me too.

alinnel- Thanks for the wishes, the stationary is darling, what kind of musician is you dd?

Stronger- Thanks for your wishes. Seems to me that your doing well, it’s the little things that count, and then suddenly your realize all those little steps led you to a giant leap. I envy that you have the disipline to work out at home. I can’t do it.

Whittlin- Thanks for the water advice, so how many glasses or ounces are in a pint? I think I am going to give your stratigie a try.

Carobelle- Congrats on your big loss! You must feel wonderful. it’s so great when you work hard for something and your rewarded. Thanks for your wishes and I appreciate the boost, it really helped. And I have to add while surronded by snow and freezing temperatures, that I am green because you are going to Portugal! Hope you have a wonderful time and I’m sure you’ll knock em dead with your new hot bod!

Barbara- Thanks for understanding, I went back to eating well and you two are right, I’m already feeling better. Congrats on staying on goal last week and I have no doubt that you’ll look smokin in your little black number.

Susan- So sorry you hear what a cr@#p day you had, as one who works with young children I can kinda relate, especially with the puke. You should be paid a lot more then they give you. But, nothing like shopping and fixing up the house to lift the old spirits!

2frustrated- I can relate to you too, lol. Parents in the class can sometimes cause a conflict of interest. Then you gotta think that if they acted like that as adults they would be certifiably insane. Ha! I love the little devils. Circus monkeys on acid, that’s what they remind of. Hope the knee is feeling better and you feel a little more rested.

Hikerchick- I’m finishing my last semester of a 3 year course in Early Childhood Education. I’ve worked in the field and I could not imagine controling a bunch of teenagers! The little ones are nuts but teenagers... I remember what I was like and I sure as **** wouldn’t want to have me in your class.Although it takes a slew of patients for little ones, it’s true. I think it takes a pecific dispostion to teach little ones and teenagers. Thanks for the encouragement for getting well. Your kicking but with the exercise, I’m really impressed and inspired.

Well, I’m starting to feel better, thanks to all off you for your support. I feel better mentallly and today I did really well. As long as my health continues to improve, I plan on going to the gym this week and get a routine started. So far I am totally on track today, but the night is young.

Dana
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #35  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

So, 16 ounces in that pint of water in the morning (2 cups) and then I know for my weight I'd like to do that 3.5 more times through the day. Because I count my skim milk as part of my water intake, it's actually even less. I try to finish most before 6 p.m. so that I'm not running to the bathroom at night. But any time you increase your water, you may have to get up at night at first - it doesn't last and it's worth it.

Honestly, my skin is softer. That's one more reason, Carobelle, to stay off the diet colas, too. The water is so good for your skin but colas/sodas of all kinds are just not going to live up to what water will do for your skin.

Clytemnestra, welcome.

I certainly feel for you Fru and Susan. Susan, sounds like you were able to shake off the down feeling. Breathe! (preferably outside) Fru, I can't think of any help except to keep spreading them out to avoid collisions!
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:30 PM   #36  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Did I explain that well? hmmm... ...

I weigh 150, so if I want to get the recommended 1/2-ounce per pound of body weight, I need 75 ounces. My pint glass of water, then, 4.5 times in a day is 72 ounces, just about right.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:09 PM   #37  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Hi Everyone!
I am brand new here, and a few people told me this is the place to go for support! A little bit about myself: I am 23 years old. I have never had a big weight problem, but I have also never felt great in my skin.
I reached my highest weight during my junior year of college, when I joined Weight Watchers with a friend. I kept about 10 solid pounds off, and for the past couple of years have bounced up and down about 10 more pounds (155-164). I stopped doing Weight Watchers about a year ago, because, quite honestly, counting of any kind (points, calories...) makes me obsessive and tends to trigger binges for me. In November 2006 (I weighed around 155), I decided that enough was enough. I wanted to get to a comfortable place for once, so I cut out almost all processed foods and added sugars. I didn't count calories, but focused on eating when I was hungry and measuring portions. I also started running, and this combination helped me drop 10-15 more pounds in the past 3 months.
So, here I am at 147. I was down to 138 about a month ago, but a combination of bad PMS (TMI?) and the fact that I struggle with binge eating put a few pounds back on. I think my weight is actually a bit lower than 147, as I am reigning in the eating again and getting back on track, but I haven't had the courage to step on the scale in the past week
Even with this little backtrack, I refuse to give up. I am so close to my goal, and weigh less than I have in a very long time. I think that a support forum such as this, as well as constant work on controlling my bingeing (anyone else struggle with this?) will help me reach my goal, hopefully by the summer!
That's all for now, I can't wait to learn more about all of you!
meg on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh look! More new people! welcome!

I had a much better shift. It's amazing how much difference it makes when all the same patients feel just a bit better ... and I'm off tomorrow!

Clytemnestra ... can I give up the snacks and just keep the wine
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:04 AM   #39  

Height: 5' 7"

Susan - I am hoping that if I get myself into good health habits over the next month or so, I will be able to go back to having the occasional glass of wine without craving for cheese and crackers, nuts, Pringles etc to go with it. It's the combination that is my downfall, I think, and I have to do something to break the cycle!

Thanks for your welcomes.

Weighed in at 10 stone 4 this morning (144 lbs) so that's my starting point.

Planned exercise today - a good walk with the dog.
Clytemnestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:02 AM   #40  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I ate too much yesterday and I'm still feeling it this morning. We're talking a proper slip-up here not just "Whoops I ate a chocolate bar". You guys don't want the list, but it included bakery items, ice cream and pancakes (of course) and I rounded the day off with a mighty 3000kcals. I have given up chocolate for lent but at the moment I feel like giving up food I had a protein shake for breakfast since I couldn't face real food, but I think that filled me up more than cereal or toast would've done. Although cereal would've set me off on the wrong foot for the day, so perhaps feeling ill this morning is ok, since I won't be eating till I'm definitely ready for it

Welcome newbies

FWIW I teach my tottlings kickboxing and of course the new ones actually wanted to hit each other! So I had to keep telling them, just pretend, you can't actually hit each other - it will HURT! I had to stop a few fights since it was getting a bit brutal

Oh man, I feel so ill

Anyway, it's BOXING tonight, proper boxing, no feet involved! I'm really excited about it, since I might actually be joining a club that's serious about promoting its fighters for the outside world. Kickboxing is fine, but we only ever fight/train within the club and it's all seeming a bit pointless... Apart from if you consider I'm training to teach kids, which is ok, but I'd rather be teaching adults. I might see if I can swing a ladies only class one day, and I didn't really join kickboxing to teach. I did it to initially lose weight, but now I want to become GOOD, and how can I know I'm good if I never fight anyone outside the club Sorry for the rant, I'm having a club-crisis almost!

Ok I'm off to

laters
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:27 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 182.5/137.5/140

Height: 5' 6"

2Fru... Umm yeah, it was that darn Pancake Day thing! I too over indulged and only later totted up the cals/WW points of all my pancakes (with lemon and sug, with maple syrup, with mars bar...oops!)
So yeah, today is a new day, and as well as staying in points I'd like to drink at least 1.5L of water (thanks Whittlin!)

Good day guys.
Carobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #42  

I'm so glad I worked yesterday because my folks really like pancakes on pancake day!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

I just joined the Lent challenge over on the Chicks Up for a Challenge group - I think my new sig says it all!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #44  

Hi Su-Bee! We've missed you!

My entertainment unit is all primed as is the bonus shelf DH made while I was working. Then to clear my head of the fumes, I walked to do a few errands.

It's a beautiful day!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #45  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

5 year olds kickboxing.

I am still trying to imagine it. I start cracking up every time I do. You are doubly my hero Fru.

I am so glad your patients are feeling better Susan.

Welcome Newbies

Allison and Dana, thanks for your comments. It is a big boost. And by the way Allison you look fabulous in that dress.

Today is my non running day. I still have to skip every other day due to muscle fatigue. The off days are worse than the on days (oh my sore muscles) so that makes the running days even more fun.

Today is upper body.

Thanks for the water reminder. No matter how much I get I always wake up thirsty so I know its not enough. I should probably write that down like I do my food.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote