Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

I am always temped to weigh frequently, but then get very discouraged if I don't like what I see. I am not going to weigh myself until the end of my lent challenge.

clvquilts - we have the same hairstyle! And the same age - I'll be 46 in August!
Clytemnestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #17  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Default My scale has to go up before it goes down

Had I known how much weight I was to lose, I would have marked it down on my calendar(s) – it’s been over a 14 month period. It would have been nice to see where I was when.

Does anyone else find that you sometimes gain a few pounds before losing again, even though you don’t change how you’re eating? (And I’m not counting the 5 I gained on vacation and then immediately lost) It’s more of an up tick I’ve noticed over time, but since I haven’t been recording every victory, I’m not able to quantify it more than a theory.

Clytemnestra – I just had my hair cut short this past August. Before then it was long to make my husband happy. That’s a good idea to stop weighing yourself during lent, especially if you’re very committed to your healthy life style of eating good nourishing food and exercising.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 163/146/135

Height: 5'4"

I do find I go up and down throughout the week. Last week I managed to see 144.5 but ended up at 145 on my "official" weigh in day, but that was still down 1 pound from the first of that week.
Soggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 130/130/125

Height: 5' 8"

I very very rarely weigh myself...maybe every month or so...I don't really believe in weight as a measure of fitness. Instead, I believe in inches and cardio health. If I can run, jump, play, and workout with all my strength without feeling unexpectedly exhausted, then I know I'm in good shape!

I found that if I weigh myself every day, water retention and other variables can cause me to freak out, thinking I gained four pounds from eating one cookie, haha. I make sure I go on the scale every month just to make sure I'm not losing or gaining too much (My body is very sensitive, even small changes can cause my weight to either skyrocket or plummet)
kelema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 157/153.5/128

Height: 5'5"

I read somewhere that "fat people don't think skinny thoughts and thin people don't think fat thoughts" So try to focus and think about how a thin person would feel and try to eliminate fat thoughts (ie I'm fat, I need to lose weight etc) Keep telling yourself that you ARE the 130lbs that you want to be, and to put those numbers on the scale so that's what you see. So that's what I've been trying to do. I've got the numbers 128 on my scale over the digital read out and it really keeps me from weighing myself everyday. I focus on how it would feel to actually be thin and tell myself I am that already. I find myself craving healthier foods and having a bit more energy. I usually am the type to obsess over the scale. We will see.... time will tell

~CCB
ChocoBroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:15 AM   #21  
Wanna-be-Thin-Mama

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/145

Height: 5'6

I weigh myself everytime I see a scale I just can't help myself. Once I start trying to lose weight it becomes an obsession and i have to constantly know where I am at.
Jiggles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 177/168.5/140

Height: 5'5

I tend to weigh myself every couple of days, but only just when I get up in the morning and after I visited the bathroom. I know tmi
lpgoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 215/150/150

Default I weigh everyday

I weigh everyday just because I don't ever want to let myself get this bad again. I don't freak out with the ups and downs as long as it stays within 5#. I don't think I will ever feel thin or think like a thin person, cuz I wonder if they think about food as much as I do I'm always planning my next meal to keep it healthy.
christabell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #24  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Generally I shoot for once a week, but it normally ends up being twice a week. I would like to all the time, but I know that it will only frustrate me seeing it fluctuate all over, so I try not to peek.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #25  
45 lbs down!

S/C/G: 278/232/199

Height: 5'6

when I was weighing in sporadically I watched my scale go from 278 (in December) to 268 to 263 back to 267 to 255 back to 263. That was enough for me, since I joined at 263 (Feb) I've been weighing in every day. I have to or I have slip backs and thats not a road I'm willing to take again.

P.S. I know I'm not a feather weight (YET!) Just had to throw my 2 cents in when I saw the question.

Last edited by TammyD; 03-16-2007 at 01:59 PM.
TammyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #26  

I weigh myself daily, and I write it down. I also keep track of calories and fiber and protein. I'll do that seriously for about a month, and then go for a month weighing every week without keeping track of anything and see how I do. So far, I still lose weight in the month that I'm "not paying attention" which is great.

My weight fluctuates wildly still. I've decided to do my official weekly weight according to what my accupuncturists scale says - since I'm there once a week now. Also b/c his scale says I'm about three pounds lighter than mine at home, he thinks it's from the ceramic floor being uneven, but the only hard surfaces I've got are ceramic.

To give you an idea - my scale at home said 146 this morning. This afternoon it said 150. Did I gain four pounds today with the 450 calories I've eaten so far? Of course not! Tonight it'll say something totally different too. I only look for a downward trend. For me, the fact that it's saying 150 is a good sign - somehow more weight registers before I have a drop t hat stays. So I'll be looking for the 144/143 from this home scale by next Tuesday, which is the day I weigh myself at his office.

Basically my home scale can fluctuate as much as six pounds in a single day and be back to the original weight the next morning.

It puzzles me to be honest =)

I try to pay attention to how my clothes are fitting too. I'm getting less flabby, which makes a big difference even though the weight difference is only a couple o f pounds, my inches have gone down more.

I'm wearing a size 6 dress tonight out with my boyfriend.. who is scared I'm going to get too skinny but that's another story altogether. I was SO EXCITED to buy a size 6 I was jumping up and down in the three way mirror like a crazy lady! .
YuppieGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #27  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

i weigh every morning.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Default from once a day to once a week

Daily weigh in was too frustrating. Now once a week on Tuesday to give myself an extra day to undo any damage from the weekend.

First thing in the morning, naked, after the pee. Same scale, same spot in the house (we have sloping floors that make for a 4-5 lb. fluctuation depending on wehre you are - can you tell we were really bored one night? )

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #29  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Once a week, on Saturday mornings. I'm more likely to be invited to parties etc. on week-ends, so this way I know that I have a whole week to 'repair the damage' (if there really was damage to repair, that is), and I don't feel guilty and cranky on the good old Monday weigh-in.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:46 AM   #30  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Daily, first thing in the morning after the a.m. pee, in my birthday suit, on my Genuine Dr. Office Balance Arm Scale.

I'm sorta techie.....

cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote