Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 126/126/115

Height: 5'1

Default Wow, a bit odd?

Alright, just fair warning that this may be a bit TMI for some people.

I had major problems with my TOM ever since I started. June 2006 I was put on the pill, and then sent to a gyneocologist a few months later when that didn't help. She switched me to a stronger pill, and then the beginning of January, she told me to keep taking my pill everyday with no breaks. Meaning, I'd no longer get a period. Keep in mind, my cramps would be so painful I'd be in tears for days, unable to move, or in the emergency room getting major painkillers which would only slightly lessen the pain.

So, around Feb 2nd, I noticed I was getting cravings for salty, sugary junk. This hasn't happened since December, before I started eating a lot healthier. I'd been doing really well, not craving those type of things, so this completely threw me. Then all of a sudden, I wasn't craving that stuff anymore. I was thinking about it yesterday and noticed, 'Hey! The entire time I craved junk, would of been the exact dates I'd have my TOM!'

Now that I read this post again, it seems a bit pointless but I was just wondering if this ever happened to anyone, or if they'd heard of something similar? It seems odd to me, and it completely confused me since I don't remember ever really craving something during my TOM, other then the odd bit of chocolate. But I didn't crave chocolate for those days. I wanted salty stuff. So my good eating took quite a hit when my mother decided to buy 2 bags of chips and leave them in plain sight. xD
SpeakYourMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

The only time I've ever really craved anything was when I was pregnant, so I can't help there. But just wondering--are you on a variable dosage pill or regular? If it is variable dosage, the dosage gets lower each week and could get you close to having a period, but since you simply go to the next month, you don't get one. But if the dosage is lower, you might experience some of the symptoms that some people get near that TOM.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 126/126/115

Height: 5'1

I'm on a regular one now. I was on the varied dosage first, and it did nothing.
Maybe it was just a one-time thing? Whatever it was, I'll be prepared next month. xD
SpeakYourMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/146/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks to Mirena, I don't get my period really anymore (I love Mirena). I do, however, still have a moody time of month. Some cravings, but mostly moody. It's weird. I sometimes listen to myself and wonder what is wrong with me and then I realize it's when I might have had a period if I got one (even when I did, they were never at set times).
Soggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #5  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I definitely have all sorts of cravings during TOM. I'm just hungrier than usual during that time and practically any food will do.

For what it's worth, I used to have just horrible TOMs when I was younger. Debilitating pain, both cramps and back pain, although my pain did respond to OTC painkillers. I was also really, really irregular--on more like a 56-day cycle than a 28-day cycle, but I could never predict when it would hit. And, when I was in high school, I also got really depressed during my TOM, borderline suicidal a few times. It's definitely gotten a lot better as I've gotten older. Having been on the pill for at least ten years definitely helps. I'm completely regular, I don't notice any moodiness, and I hardly have any cramping or back pain. I do sometimes get headaches and there are those cravings. I'm not sure how old you are, but if you are young, it's possible this will get better as you get older. My mom had similar problems and said that having kids fixed them all; I've never had kids so I can't say if this works.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote