Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/158/147

Height: 173cm - 5'8.5

Default Introducing myself.

Hello!

I was really excited to find this forum - I was posting at a parenting board and saw a ticker, so I clicked on it and arrived. Like most other people I made a New Year's resolution to lose some weight, but this time I'm finally sticking to it. This board looks really fantastic.

I'm a 29 year old mum of two kids, we live in Australia. I struggle with motivation to exercise - once I'm at the gym I *love* it, but getting out the door is hard for me. It's much easier when I've got a gym buddy - and hopefully soon that will happen, because I just found out my sister is moving here! She has the opposite problem to me - she's too skinny and struggles to put on weight, so she'll be going to the gym to gain weight by building muscle. Hopefully I'll build some muscle too, but the fat loss is my main goal

My measurements are as follows: I'm 174cm (which I think might be somewhere around 5'7-5'9?). My starting weight was 74 kg. At the moment I'm 72.9kg. My goal is 65kg. I'm being strict with myself and I'm limiting myself with regards to weighing - I find if I weigh myself too often I become a bit obsessed.

As a teenager I was very skinny - my BMI was extremely low and I had an eating disorder. I think I really screwed up my metabolism with stupid diets. I tend to struggle with putting 'being healthy' into action. I know all of the theory - I just need.to.do.it!!

I was very fit and healthy at college - I played a lot of sport and led an active lifestyle. Marriage and children kinda turned my life upside down, and initially I lost weight quickly after giving birth and while breastfeeding, but once the kids weaned I gained the weight back. When my younger child was little I went to the gym 3 times a week and looked great - but my gym buddy had to stop coming when she became pregnant, so I eventually stopped going too. And the weight crept back on. This is the biggest I've ever been, and although I know I'm not overweight I'm not happy. I've been challenged on other forums, though, and have been told that I don't have a right to post on support boards for weight loss. That's why I was so thrilled to see the featherweights forum here!

Anyway, I'm writing a novel! I'm back at the gym and I've been going even though I've got nobody to go with - I'm really looking forward to my sister moving here in a few weeks, and I hope it keeps me on track.
pink pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 149/144/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi pink pirate! I'm new here too but wanted to welcome you! There will be lots of good advice and support here!

Do you use a trainer at the gym at all? I personally would rather work out at home, but I found when I had a trainer once a week that I really went more regularly and worked at a harder level.

Best of luck!
thistimeforreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome! I've seen you both in the Featherweights thread and we're glad to have ya!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 AM   #4  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello and welcome. I kind of found this site by accident too - recommended in a magazine I'd never read before - and was very pleased to have found it.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Hey Newbies ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/158/147

Height: 173cm - 5'8.5

Thanks for the welcomes

Hi, This Time For Real, and welcome to you too! I don't use a personal trainer at the gym, I tend to go to Les Mills classes - the instructors are awesome. My favourites are Body Balance (a combination of yoga, pilates and tai chi) and Body Pump (weights). I'm starting back at Body Attack (massively high impact aerobics) this week. The others classes are RPM (bike), Body Jam (dance), Body Combat (martial arts) and Body Step (step aerobics). They're all lots of fun.
pink pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/147/130

Height: 5'4

Welcome Pinkpirate!!
jblossom is offline   Reply With Quote