Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #136  
Ilene the Bean

newbies I love newbies
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm a newbie My name is Jesse and I'm 23. After high school I stayed around the same weight I was at because I was staying pretty active, but for the past nine months to a year I've been at a new job where I sit at a desk for most of the day. So a few weeks ago I stepped on a scale (something I hardly have ever done since high school when I kept a close tabs on my weight so I could make weight for wrestling) and saw that I was close to 170 pounds.

This was a bit of a wake-up call, and so I've started a blog for myself to keep up with my weight and what I change to do something about it and all kinds of other personal stuff and when reading some stuff online I came across this forum.

I want to get back down to around 145-150 pounds, so here we go.
pokerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #138  
Ilene the Bean

Hi pokerkid and
Old 01-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 240/176/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I'm brand spanking new here. I posted in the Introductions forum and someone suggested I checkout the featherweights. I've never considered myself a featherweight so this is a bit exciting. I'm generally pretty enthusiastic and positive and, from what I have read thus far, am enjoying this community.

Basically, this is what I posted in the Introductions forum:

I'm 25, 5'7" and have been successful at shedding close to 65 pounds. I'm hovering in the 175 range--just about 20 pounds from my goal weight but struggling to get past this last hump. I have a large frame and want to hold on to my curves, so I've settled with 155 as my goal, which is within the healthy range. I've recently taken up jogging and have worked my way up to a 5K. I'm now trying to continue the cardio and I've added weight-lifting. I've become exceedingly interested in fitness since I'm now in the best shape of my life. Most of all though, I love to hike and I try to get out as often as I can.

Cheers!

Last edited by MaureenTheMachine; 01-28-2008 at 07:06 PM.
MaureenTheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hey Maureen - Welcome to Featherweights! Sounds like you have had great success (65 lbs - WOW!), and I know you can hack away at the last 20 (we are all plugging away here at featherweights). Come and post at our weekly thread - that's where we all chat and share successes and ask questions. Good luck to you!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #141  
going, going, gone!!!!

S/C/G: 157/146.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey Maureen, welcome! I'm fairly new too. Between this community and my diet buddies it has really helped push me over that hump. We're all here to help each other, so the more the merrier! Welcome!
thisrlipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #142  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Maureen ... We know you CAN lose those last 20
Old 01-31-2008, 11:51 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 183/130/115

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone! After having 5 kids in 10 years, I found myself at 183lbs and only 5'0 tall! I think I had that "mommy syndrom" where I felt like I could eat whatever I wanted because I was either pregnant or breastfeeding at all times. (You need the extra calories, right?) Just the thought that I was so near 200 lbs really made me realize that something HAD to be done. I actually broke the 200 mark during my last month of pregnancy! I have since lost 50 lbs, although I gained a few back over the holidays and have about 17 left to go. This has been a slow process, my baby is now 14 months old. I found it to be so motivating at the begining of my weight loss journey when I could see big changes from week to week. It is getting harder to stay motivated now, I find. That's why I'm very happy I found this site and group! I'm currently 137. My mini goal is 130 by Feb 25 (my son's birthday!)
RNmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #144  
Ilene the Bean

RNmomof5 ... Firstly, congrats on your initial weightloss, I know that wasn't easy and we'll be here to help to help you with the rest...
Old 02-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 116/114/95

Height: 5'0"

Default I hope I belong here

Hi, I also posted in Chicks in Control because I have bingeing problems, but right now I have 16 pounds to lose. I'm 53, became a vegetarian 3 years ago, lost 47 pounds, changed jobs, gained 21 back, lost 5. I've been vegan since 30 November and am doing a cross between McDougall and Fuhrman (I like beans, nuts and flax with my potatoes ).

I have a pretty good handle on my diet from a physical health point of view but all my problems with food (since birth) are due to emotional problems, dealing with unemployed husband, live-in crazy mother-in-law, boring job, financial problems, and most of all extreme geographical/social isolation with no face-to-face friends. I've pretty much resigned myself to my situation until I retire in 12 years (YAY) but I think hanging around with like-minded virtual buds will help a great deal.

f

No sig yet - 116 -- 111 ---95 5 pounds lost, 16 pounds to go.
fkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #146  
Ilene the Bean

fkwan we are here for you ... Join us on the weekly chat thread....
Old 02-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 61.5/61.5/53 kg=136/136/117lb

Height: 1.63m (5'4")

Default Yay!

I can't believe I read this whole thread! It took me some time - a couple days, with interruptions -, but I'm done.

It was great to read everyone's stories, they're motivating.

My own story is pretty boring. I've always been more or less chubby, and I've always had a tummy. My mother is a fitness junkie and she seems to have some sort of fat-phobia, so she's always let me know that I should eat less and move more. So I, of course, did nothing about it. At least until I was about 14 and stepped on the scale in school and saw that I weighed 59 kg (~130 lb). I somehow cut out rice, pasta, potatoes and bread and ate more veggies instead, managed to lose some weight without a huge effort, and was happy again.
I've never been as thin as my friends (with one exception but that friend doesn't live close to me, so I don't see her often and she doesn't count), and because I'd grown up "fat" () I just accepted that I'd never be thin and that was that.

My lowest weight was 53 kg (117 lb, my goal weight) some years ago. I still didn't feel "thin" then, and I still had a tummy, but when I look at pictures from back then I really didn't look back.
In the last 5 or so years I've slowly but steadily gained weight, and now I'm at 62 - 60 kg (136.7 - 132.3 lb, depending on the time of the day, etc.), most of my clothes don't fit me anymore , I don't feel comfortable with my body, I'm extremely self-conscious (more than before, hah), etc.

So now I'm motivated to get rid of the extra weight. I want to be happy with myself. I want to stop feeling ugly and gross.

I joined a gym, and I'm working on an exercise routine. I still want to research all of this better - both exercising and nutrition, but for now I'll just try to spend more calories and eat less.

I still don't really believe that I'll ever be thin. Or at least not yet. But I'll be happy about every kilo I lose.
lalala123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #148  
Ilene the Bean

lalala123
Old 02-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 61.5/61.5/53 kg=136/136/117lb

Height: 1.63m (5'4")

Thanks, Ilene.

(BTW: I love your sig. )
lalala123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:35 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 130/122/110

Height: 5'1

Hi Everyone--
Newbie here...and here is my story...

I'm 48 (wow that is so hard to believe!). Never had a weight problem growing up. This continued thru my 20's and into my 30's. I don't have any kids so I never had baby weight to worry about. I could eat what I wanted and never really had to worry about it. I never was a healthy eater as a kid and that continued as an adult. At the age of 34 my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away. Needless to say it was a time in my life that I turned to food for comfort and this was the beginning of my on again off again battle with my weight and food. Losing my dad 5 years later and my oldest sister just a little over a year ago have added to my struggle. As I'm sure many of you can relate.

And I seem to tackle my weight/diet issues "all the way" being very healthy and almost obsessive about it or I'm almost to the point of binge eating and hiding food from my husband and totally out of control. There seems to be no in between with me. The binge eating seemed to be getting worse towards the end of last year and it was really starting to scare me. I have never purged. But I will admit I have thought about it.

BUT since the first of the year I have resolved to get healthy. And I am taking steps to make that happen. Right now I'm trying to cut all processed foods, eat all whole wheat foods, no sugar, watching my carbs....basically following South Beach. And it is working....I'm losing, and I feel better.

I used to get up early, early and walk. Like 4:00 am. But we have had some things go on in my neighborhood and I don't feel as safe about doing that as I once did. I just ordered two of Leslie Sansone's WATP dvd's. I can't wait until they get here. On the weekend my husband and I get out with our pups and take long walks. So I want to get toned and in shape.

Anyway!!! I'm so glad to find this special place. It really feels good here and just what I'm looking for to keep me motivated and also accountable.

Thanks for reading and I hope to get to know everyone!!
jessica lynnm55 is offline   Reply With Quote