Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I made my cardio goal for this week. And it's honest. That's 150 minutes with my HRM on so I know my hr was up!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:40 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 158/147/130

Height: 5'4

Default A rough night.

Welcome Artsygirl I'm a newby, too. I've been doing WW for a year...but never pushed hard enough to reach my personal goal...this time I will!!

So guys...I had a slip up last night. My hubby was up late getting prepared to go skiing this weekend and he brought home tacos for a late dinner (8:45pm). I was content with my fat free mini bag of Kettle Korn and ice water with a wedge of lemon...watching Grey's Anatomy... until he walked in with those darn tacos!!! I suddenly felt as if I needed to eat more. I proceded to have a small bowl of cereal and a piece of toast with margerine. Hurumph. I really didn't need to eat it...I guess I just had a hard time saying no. I felt full afterward and bummed.

BUT, today is a new day. I'm not quiting I'm not going to sabotage my diet.

Have a super Friday everyone!!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #63  

Apparently I'm on the touchy side today. I don't much like being discredited. Not fat enough to be noteworthy. Is that what people think?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Susan, what happened? I'm so sorry if someone dissed you or something. I always think you have something noteworthy to add to any discussion!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #65  

Ahh! Susan! I don't know what happened either, but I always have a lot of respect for your opinion and love to hear that you're doing well on exercise goals or eating. You're always tweaking things and trying to make things better, I have a lot of admiration for you because of that alone not to mention a ton of other things.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #66  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Susan, I don't know what happened but I definitely think you are noteworthy. I always find that you have a lot of great insight and are often a voice of reason in threads that get a little crazy. When I read your posts, I'm usually always nodding my head in agreement.

jblossom, a small bowl of cereal and toast w/ margerine seems like a pretty harmless indulgence, especially in the face of tacos (which I can only imagine must have smelled very tempting). We used to eat tacos all the time and I haven't had them since starting counting calories back in Nov 05. I definitely miss them so I feel your pain. But I don't think what you ate last night was that bad at all. It sounds like you are doing great, maybe you just needed a little break. We all slip up once in a while. Lord knows I've slipped up far far worse. Tomorrow is always another day.

Alinnell, I love Cooking Light! I read it practically cover to cover. I spend a ridiculous amount of time I spend researching recipes and planning menus. I glue all the recipes I am interested in onto 3 x 5 cards (this might be a little over the top you can tell I don't have kids because if I did I would never have time for this) and sort them into groups: dinner ideas; lunch ideas; desserts; other. I'm starting to run out of room; I'm going to have to come up with a system for tossing some of them.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:54 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 140/139/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm going into the weekend feeling pretty good about this past week. I finally was able to go to the gym class everyday, no interruptions this week! And I was rewarded for my efforts with a 2lb weight loss. Hurray! So far so good... I was happy with the food I ate this week (only a few slip-ups, but I'm trying very hard to not be too hard on myself), and I've found a bunch of great recipes to try for next week (thanks again for the great lunch suggestions!).

I hope you all have a great weekend, and I look forward to your great encouragement, support, and advice next week!
Old 01-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #68  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

I 'bout fall down in amazed awe.....you all are so organized! I think I need to write a book titled "The No Cooking Diet" for people like me who are living in the fast lane [however involuntarily]. For me, recipe-cooking is reserved for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

That said, I can see it's time to simply sit myself down and invest some time to hammer out a few easy meals that fit into my BFL diet. Then I can go on auto-pilot instead of flying by the seat of my pants!

I messed up badly day before last--trying to adjust to working at night for the week, I didn't know when to eat and got too hungry. Ended up at the McD drive thru, then snacked my way throught the night. Probably going to pay for that at weigh in on Monday. Big time.

sarah--fabulous job on the weight loss!

susanB--I'm clueless, but I'm an outsider here still

Onward,

spanky
Old 01-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #69  

Oh Spanky, honey, you haven't been an outsider since your first post. You are one of us! Don't concern yourself with my little insecurities. let's just set about the business of getting slim!

BFL is a wonderful plan because it has very straightforward food lists. Get your lists together, go shopping and prepackage everything the minute you get home. From then on, you simply have to grab a baggy of this and a container of that and you have your mini-meal.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #70  
Ilene the Bean

Spanky, like Susan I find BFL very straighforward... At one point I used to cook all my chicken and brown rice for the week on Sunday, I would also make some protein pancakes...individually wrap everything and just pop in the microwave when the 3 hour "feeding time" came around ... In the winter I make a big ole pot of vegetable soup that I have at every meal for the veggie portion of the meal... You could even make oatmeal for the week and make individual containers to heat up...

Edited to add: "Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail" .... planning is definitely key with BFL...

I've also had a really good week food and exercise wise... I didn't exercise today because my body was just too tired....It's 5:35 and food is still on plan...
Old 01-26-2007, 10:54 PM   #71  

Hi everyone. DH is snoring up a storm tonight. So I guess I'll hang out here for a bit.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #72  
Ilene the Bean

GAwd Susan, he's OUT early, what d'ya do to the man??!!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:10 PM   #73  

He works hard Actually we're not nighthawks at all. I'd be sleeping too but ...

Works hard at his job I meant ... construction

Last edited by srmb60; 01-26-2007 at 11:11 PM. Reason: oops!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:11 PM   #74  
Ilene the Bean

But? ... ... Go to chat, we'll chat...
Old 01-27-2007, 12:39 AM   #75  
Ilene the Bean

Susan and I had a great ole chat!! Wish more of you would have joined in... We should make a plan to get together on Fridays, well the ones who have no life like MOI, and chat over a glass of wine...
Closed Thread