Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #1  

Default new here!!

Hello everyone! I am new to the Fat Smash Diet! I am starting tomorrow, March 23 because in exactly 2 months I am going to a BBQ in Maryland with my boyfriend and I want to look and feel good about myself. I was just wondering from people who have succeeded on this diet how much weight you can lose in 2 months. and this may sound weird but does eating the things you are allowed to eat in phase 1 really make you lose weight? I know, dumb question..but it just seems too good to be true I guess. Well, take care everyone. Hope to hear back from you!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: CW 158 GW 125 Ideal 120

Height: 5'4

Welome Mandee I'm doing the efs but if you go into the fat smash forum there are many who are on the reg. fat smash and I'm sure they will answer your questions also look at the FAQs..

Good luck on your weight loss journey
Old 03-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/145

Height: 5'2

BE PREPARED!!!that is my best advice. I have done both FS and EFS. Make a menu for the week and keep a food journal. (fitday is good). Portion control is key. The first phase will really detox you and the cravings will stop. plus you will feel great!!! Be patient and keep at it. You also have to exercise. You cant have one with out the other...eating well and working out. It takes 3500 calories to make a pound...so you have to cut your intake and or burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound. it all adds up!

Be strong. this is a great site for motivation and inspiration. Go look on the main page for those who have met their goals and look at their pictures it fantastic!!!!

Good luck. You CAN do it!!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/173/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi I'm new too mandee. I'm so excited about achieving results on FS! I already started my gym routine, as I know that's the easiest thing for me to slack on, so now that I'm in the gym regularly I'm ready for FS! When are you thinking of starting?
Old 04-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #5  
likes cake too much

S/C/G: 180/160/140 actually, 125 :)

It's good to see the forums more active! The exercise is the toughest part for me as well, but since both of us are doing it together, he usually reminds me I'm looking forward to warmer weather!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #6  

i actullly stared 2 weeks ago, lost some weight, but then everyhing went down hill from there so TOMORRROW i am officially starting over..it sux because i feel like i can never stick to anything..but i am really going to try..i need support
Old 04-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/155/115

Height: 4'11"

Mandee what happened to make everything go down hill? I hope you don't mind me asking, just trying to figure out what we would have to help you through.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #8  
likes cake too much

thinking of you as well. I know it's hard and so tempting to crash. I needed to get MUCH more creative than salads or I knew I wouldn't make it. I'm glad I didn't resort to a teaspoon of cocoa powder!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #9  

well, i am a college student so during the week i am fine because i can control what i eat..but then..the weekend comes. 2 weekends ago i messed up a little, and i told myself that i will just tack on 2 extra days at the end. well, i guess i never fully got back on track from that cheat. its bad and i am embarrassed..but i guess it happens. right now i am feeling very bad about the way i look, and i really need to start over completely..from square one. but i dont see how i can do that with easter coming up, so i dont know what to do. thanx for caring though, it means a lot.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #10  
likes cake too much

looks like Easter is going to a non-event here, otherwise I was planning on going ape on green beans, corn and salad with glasses of water. I don't know that anyone would've noticed. I'm in phase 2, so I could've had a bit of meat. I'd advise just don't fall off the wagon completely - try to have some restraint maybe slip in a small piece of pie if you must :-) Let us know how it's going.

Gina
Old 04-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #11  

thanx Gina. so far this week ive been doing well, drinking tons and tons of water...so maybe by the time sunday comes i wont feel as bad so i mite have a small portion of watever is it i want..but i just have to remember not to overdo it. hopefully my family wont notice anything..
Old 04-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 213/169/150

Height: 5'5"

I lost almost 20 pounds, and it will be 2 months for me on the 11th.. I think someone who has been more dedicated could probably lose more.. I haven't been doing as much exercise as the program calls for.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #13  
JAF

S/C/G: 273/223/210

Height: 6'2

Is it a booze thing mandee? I'm assuming you're 21 because no college student would ever imbibe while underage. I know I didn't....Wait, that wasn't me. I feel you and it's a tough gig to be around friends all the time who aren't on the same track. Tell yourself you going to give it 9 days and take it one meal at a time. You care enough to have done the research, make that inital effort and reach out to people for help -- so you can do this. I played soccer in college and it sucked going to crush parties, happy hour or anything away from the team where everybody else was in full indulgence mode. I just reminded myself that my goals were more important to me than the instant gratification of keg stands and 3am burgers. Do it for 9 days and you'll gain pride in your discipline as well as confidence. Maybe try offering to be the designated driver or beer goggle filter for your friends -- they'll really appreciate. Maybe throw yourself into school or a great book or a midnight dodgeball team for a couple weeks. Remember it's only 9 days and suffering is not a . After that take stock and check out P2. This isn't a zero sum game and if you fall off the wagon or have a night out all is not lost. College is about learning who you are and it seems to me you're at a crossroads of being someone who has the tools to change their body -- you have the image in your head, the gameplan and clearly the desire. You're closer than you think.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #14  
likes cake too much

Mandee, how is it going?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #15  

thanx everyone! but i dont drink, and my friends and i dont go to parties..so i think im good with that. today, april 23..i have decided to start ALL over again. i feel like a failure for even having to restart, but i am very determined now. i love the support i get on here and i hope that i can continue to get it! it really makes me want to do great..so yes, here i am once again, but this time..im here to stay!! thanx girls! how are you all doing?