Old 02-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #1  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Smile Fat Smash Buddy??

I'm on day 3 of Phase1 and loving it!! Would anyone like to be 'fat smash buddies'? We can check in with each others progress and push each other?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #2  

id love to be your fat smash buddy! lets talk!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #3  
food is not my friend!

S/C/G: 173.6/160.4/135

i did it last year and lost 16 lbs so i'm willing to do it again with you gals!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #4  
Progress not perfection

Blondandbeautiful and Lisa thank you!! I'm so excited.. I'm about to go into work but when I go home I'll write you about my day.. and let me know about yours!

Thanks ladies
Old 02-16-2008, 03:36 AM   #5  
Progress not perfection

Ok sooo just got home from work... very stressful it was soo busy! I almost ate something bad but I'm so glad I didn't!
Breakfast: 4 egg whites w/salsa, bell pepper & onion
Snack: frozen grapes
Lunch: Split Pea Soup (24g protein! )
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Banana, Carrots, Apple & Tangerine

I did 30min. on my elliptical before I went to work as well!

So here I come day4

I hope everyone else did good and if not there is always tomorrow!

Goodnight,
Jill
Old 02-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #6  

Jill- You are doing great - keep up the terrific work!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:59 AM   #7  
Progress not perfection

Hello again I just got home from work... hope everyone is doing well! I live in a new area for about 6 months now and still havn't made any girlfriends soooo I'm on here a lot.. as you can tell lol Well I'm ready for FS day5!

Today:

Breakfast: Apple Bake: Apple, Oatmeal, spenda, cinn. & 0 cal. butter spray (got the recipe out of the forums)

Snack:grapes

Lunch: Boca Patty & Sweet potato Fries w/ketchup & mustard

Snack: Carrots & Tangerine

Dinner: Boca Patty w/grilled onions & Steak sauce

I looove the Boca burger patties I crave them even lol and they have 18g of protein!
Old 02-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #8  
I am Resilient

S/C/G: 227/ticker/160

Height: 5'10''

Hi Jill,

Do you mind if I jump in here for accountability? I definitely need an extra push! I've been on the forums for a few days, reading stuff over and I started today! My goal is to lose 10 lbs. by March 15th!

Anyways, I'm on here a lot too. Just haven't been posting much. Hope you had a good weekend, they are always the toughest for me. I'm about to go eat that oatmeal bake you posted about, it looks delicious! Have a great day!

Kara
Old 02-18-2008, 03:23 PM   #9  
Progress not perfection

Hi Kara!
I would LOVE if you jump in! lol I was starting to give up! I would like to lose 10 lbs by March 15th too! lol Good goal... I can't wait to weigh myself on day9... Today is day 6 for me and I'm still doing good... when I'm not doing well I just get on here and write in my journal and it really helps me!
I thought the apple bake was alright but it was very filling.. maybe I shoulda baked it a little longer or something lol did you find the recipe in the forums? Hope so! Have a great day!

Let me know what you eat today if you have time later!

<3 Jill
Old 02-18-2008, 09:12 PM   #10  
I am Resilient

Hi there!

So happy to be on board with someone else - the support is going to be the difference between me making and breaking it I think. My family isn't so supportive and it's hard to eat the food I NEED to be eating when they're eating what I'd rather have!

Here's a little background on me, I'm assuming we're about the same age due to your screen name (I was a 03 high school grad). I just graduated college in December...have my degree in education. I spend a lot of time on the road for work and only have access to a microwave a few times a week for lunch. I kind of sense this being a problem...I'll have to look in the recipe forum to see what I can do on those other days for lunch.

I was always active in sports until my sophomore year of high school when I decided to quit - becoming more interested in music/drama. Since then, I've gained a good 10 lbs. a year going from 150 in high school to 224 in 2006. I lost about 25 lbs. in 2006 by doing the South Beach Diet. I've kept it off since, but the past few years, I've yo-yoed the same 10 lbs. never really getting anywhere.

I'm so ready for a change. I need to cut out all of the processed/fast food in my diet. I'm not much of a drinker, but that's gotta go too. I look forward to seeing what fat smash can do for me, but I need to realize that all this is REALLY nothing more than changing my eating habits, I hate the diet mentality.

Sorry to have written a book! I am actually starting tomorrow, today I blew it with toast for breakfast, haha. Other than that, I had a healthy day (not phase 1 though!). From here on out, I'm one dedicated woman...I WILL see 150 lbs. by August!

Last edited by kmelody; 02-18-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:36 PM   #11  
Progress not perfection

Hi Kara
Even though you had toast in the morning good for you for not ruining the whole day and getting back on track with eating healthy! It's so hard when you eat something bad in the morning.. I sometimes think I might as well give up that day, even though I know I shouldn't! My family isn't healthy eaters either which makes it harder... I live with my grandparents and every weekend my aunt & mom comes over to have a big breakfast... all the works... it sucks that I cant eat it lol but I have to pound it in my head it's not worth it! My whole famiy is over weight about 250-300lbs.

I was raised by my mother and she's always had a problem with her weight& drugs, growing up she would aways use food as my reward... if I was sad, if I did something good, if she did something bad.. etc. I use food as everything now.. especially if I'm stressed or upset , it's the only thing that makes me immediatley happy. I did graduate in 03'.. my senior year was when I started losing weight when my stepdad went to prison and I was working at Subway Sand. When I turned 18 I moved out and by the time I was 19 I got down to 135lbs... At about 160lbs I started excercising with a girlfriend like crazy. I moved when I was 20 with a gf who ate like I used to and I fell right back into my old ways... I was also to far from the gym so stopped excercising and as of Dec 07 I was 190lbs...

Luckily now I do know a lot more about healthy eating but I still get overwhelmed. My mom went to rehab Nov 06, and she's been asking me to move about 3 hours away where my grandparents lived, I told her I would if she stayed clean so we moved in May 07... I still dont have any close girlfriends here and I hate doing things by myself.

Good job with the 25 lbs! Thank you for writing me I'm reay excited! Telling each other what we eat will help with ideas...

I just started eating frozen grapes they're yummy... since I've started the Fat Smash diet I've been eating lots of fruits & veggies. I love steamed broccoli and I put some seasoning on it, canned corn, baby carrots, strawberries, grapes, apples, bananas & tangerines are my fav.
Otherwise I usually have vegetable soups like split pea soup, tomato soup, vegetable soup or beans. I also just started eating fake meat... which I really like. The boca burger patties with mustard & ketchup, or morningstar farms has a lot of different fake meat options: chicken patty, sausage and even chicken wings. For breakfast oatmeal with fresh fruit, egg whites with fake sausage and veggies...

I think I'm writing a book now lol.... ttyl
<3 Jill
Old 02-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #12  
I am Resilient

Hey Jill-

Sent you a PM!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #13  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

I definately need support to. I have been doing different diets for so long it seems like when I tell my family I'm doing something they're just like oh ok, what now. So it's nice to be around supportive people that have the same problems as me.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #14  
I am Resilient

I hear you! My family tends to be the same way, unfortunately. I am also a little impatient and tend to fail the diets instead of the other way around. This time I'm making a commitment to try Fat Smash for a month, no cheating, before I form an opinion about whether or not it's working for me.

My problem is that I'm well read...I've researched so many diets that I don't even know what is the *best* or *healthiest* way to lose weight. I focus so much on the RIGHT way that I don't even get started or give ANY way a chance. So that's what I'm trying to fix this time around.

So welcome aboard Southern Gal, this is a good place to be

-Kara
Old 02-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #15  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

I agree with you. I don't know what's the best diet. I just started to make sure I don't eat anything processed. I know some diets might work for some people but it might not work for someone else. I know women that did Atkins and lost a lot of weight and have kept it off, but I never lost more than 30 pounds. You just have to find something that doesn't make you feel crappy during the day and is also helping you to lose weight.