Old 07-14-2007, 11:47 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default How long have you been smashing?

Let's take a survey

1. Are you on Fat Smash or Extreme Fat Smash?

2. How long have you been on this diet plan?

3. How much weight have you lost?

4. Are you happy with this diet plan?

5. Would you recommend this diet to others?

Old 07-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 239/232/145

Height: 5' 6''

This is from Janzie ...

Doing the Fat Smash

Today is Jul 15, 2007 - I'm starting my 7th day so I'm still in Detox

I couldn't resist weighting yesterday - as of the beginning of the 6th day, I've lost 7 lbs.

I'm extremely happy with the plan - my only regret is I didn't start sooner. I'm not a rice lover so I was a bit worried about starting - but, I've not found that to be a problem. I've not had to have rice every day and still stay on the plan. But, I have found some wonderful recipes for rice that I absolutely love! I can honestly say, I've had more energy on this diet than any other - that part really amazes me ... I'm actually deep cleaning my house and not hating it because I have the energy to do it!! LOL Also, at some point we will all go off plan but what I've realized with this plan is you can go off now and again and jump right back on! I'm keeping a detailed log of what I'm eating in Phase I that way, later on when I want to jump back into detox, I'll have a meal plan to work from. One of the hardest parts of any plan is coming up with your menu ... I figure this way I'll have one for next time.

A major lesson I've learned from this plan is food choices. I did Weight Watchers and I didn't mind counting the calories but it still didn't work well. They tell you that you can eat whatever you want as long as you count the calories and stop when you allotment is used. The HARD fact is, you can't eat whatever you want - you have to make good choices or you will will not have energy or stay satisfied enough not to to binge. I am eating fewer WW point now than I ever did on WW and I have more energy and satisfaction than I did on the WW points plan.

Getting healthy through your eating really is all about making good food choices - not that I will never again make a bad choice but I firmly believe that it will only be for a very short time period (like one meal every now and again or one dessert) but I'll be able to get back on plan no problem.

The one negative about the plan that I have is it's name, Fat Smash. I looked at this diet a few months ago but didn't look close because, to me, the name sounded gimmicky like a fad diet - so I didn't give it much thought. I catch Celeb. Fit Club now and then but don't watch it regularly. I noticed the Brady Bunch girl, "Marsha", (sorry I can't think of her name at the moment) and started following her progress and then read articles on her after. She seemed to really like the plan so that's when I decided to look closer. Honestly, I don't consider this a diet at all - it is a definite eating plan for life ... that's how I'm looking at it This is just my opinion, I really don't mean to be critical - I can't think of another catchy name ... this was just my experience so I thought I'd share, in case anyone thinking about the plan is reading the board and had the same thoughts I did.

I already have!
Old 07-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3

Extreme

2 1/2 months

14 lbs, 8 lbs pretty quickly in the first 3 weeks, the rest kind of slowly with a few weeks of plateau at the weight that I always have trouble breaking.

Yes, I love not having to count calories and eating constantly really helps with my tendency to get headaches when dieting. I feel like I'm learning to eat smaller portions and be satisfied and seeing what an effect eating healthy vs. carelessly has on my body. It's not as fast as I would have liked, but as long as it keeps coming off, I feel good about it.

Yes, if they're the kind of person who is self-motivating.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:49 AM   #4  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

I am on Fat Smash. I have both books but the Fat Smash seems to be better suited for me because I want to lose more than 20 or 25 pounds.

I just started detox and am on Day 3. But last fall I got all the way into Phase 4 and lost 28 pounds before falling off the plan at the holidays.
****update 8/12/07** I finished a week of Phase 2. I have lost 12 pounds so far (10 on Phase 1 and 2 this week)
I just started this time around. (I lost 28 last fall and gained back around 18)

4. Are you happy with this diet plan? Yes, I am. I feel healthy on it. I think the guidelines are healthy and reasonable. I like the idea that you basically clean yourself out and then build up a better more nutritious structure. I also like that the exercise starts at the beginning and gradually builds up as well.

I would... I have.

The failures I've had dieting are all about me, and not much about the programs. There are programs I've liked and others that I have not because of the lack of balance. But overall, the magic for me is in finding a way to prevent myself from sliding back into old habits. I have not yet unlocked the reason for why I keep slipping back to a lifestyle of overeating and under-moving. I know it is about emotions but I don't know where I lose that power in myself. (to see it coming, recognize the unhealthy choices, and yet turn it off in my head and let it take over) That's what I need help doing!

So right now I am doing the best I can while I feel strong and hopefully that will take me far and give me enough strength to make it all the way! (and maybe I'll learn the things I need about myself to prevent it from happening again)

Last edited by happyface; 08-12-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:02 AM   #5  
Some say I'm a dreamer

S/C/G: 217/182/168

Smile

Hi,
1. Are you on Fat Smash or Extreme Fat Smash? - I am on Fat Smash

2. How long have you been on this diet plan? - Today is my 10th day

3. How much weight have you lost? - 7 pounds so far!

4. Are you happy with this diet plan? -Very happy, its the first plan I have tried in a long time that I haven't felt deprived on.

5. Would you recommend this diet to others? - I already have. My brother is looking to lose 50 lbs so I ordered a book for him!
Old 07-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #6  
ms.extreme

S/C/G: 292/287/270

Height: 5'7

I'm on the extreme smash diet

I've been on it for 3 weeks now

So far 12 lbs

The diet is ok. Only eating between 800 to 1200 calories per day and burning off about the same.

I would recommend this diet to others with a precaution. The way the calorie intake is written isn't meant for everyone. You will feel fatigue, and a little starved the first week and I would recommend adding in your snacks , a small salad or fresh fruits to compliment all the food that you're missing. But overall, It's worked for me. I'm just at the point for the past week or so I have not lost anymore weight.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/187/144

Height: 5.5

1. Are you on Fat Smash or Extreme Fat Smash? Fat Smash

2. How long have you been on this diet plan? For 16 days! I'm almost done the first week of phase 2!

3. How much weight have you lost? I lost 4.9lbs on Phase 1, i weigh in tomorrow to see the loss for week 1 of phase 2!

4. Are you happy with this diet plan? Very happy with it. It also you to eat soo much that you don't even feel like you are on a diet. It also allows you to go back to phase 1 if you ever feel like you aren't losing anything. It's so easy and it's a way of life not a diet...so believeing that will make the diet seem that much easier.

Of course...its amazing...i feel so much better about myself every morning when i wake up because i know i am not only losing weight, but bettering myself for the future!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/221/145

Height: 5'4

- Fat Smash

- I'm on day 19.

- 10.5 pounds!

I love it! My cravings and idea of portion size are slowly changing before my eyes. I have Fibromyalgia and this is the only plan that I found helped with my pain as well! I could stay on this forever. I workout probably more than I should but I also have one cheat meal a week to stay sane but I didn't start that until P2. I've also not followed it to a T because until tonight I figured the Weight Control oatmeal was okay, I used sweetener, I didn't understand the meat portion, and I'll work out an extra 15-30 minutes just to have real salad dressing because I hate fat free and I don't really like veggies. I have struggled with loosing weight for 3 years now. No matter what I did I just couldn't lose. Even my doctor was baffled. So this is working!!

- I already have and will continue to
Old 08-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/188/135

Height: 5'5

I am on Fat Smash.

I am on the third week of Phase 2, almost one month on the entire plan.

I have lost 15 pounds so far.

Very happy with the diet plan. Sometimes it is difficult preparing meals b/c I have two little ones (5 and 2) and by the time I get their meal prepared (along with their dad's) I am really hungry. Fortunately, I have not been tempted yet. We have had pizza, but I have really felt that my results mean more to me than scarfing down some pizza.

I would recommend this diet to others. I think diabetics or others with low blood sugar may have to adapt it to their needs, but I have had undisputable results. My daughter can fit her arms around me!!!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 01:43 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5

Im doing Fat smash
Im a newcomer, this is my 5th day.
9.5 pounds so far, so excited.
Yes, happy with results in phase 1. Can't wait until next phase when I can add some new food choices. I have the book and have been sticking to diet very well. Few minor slip-ups/cravings first few days but got in line and sticking to phase 1 and seeing results!
Yes. My younger brother started the same day and is losing weight already as well. I'm new so can't talk about how it works in the long term but any plan that i dont' have to count calories and have reasonable food options works for me. I can't weight to see total weight loss for phase 1. GOOD LUCK SMASHERS!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 PM   #11  

Default A new smasher

1. Are you on Fat Smash or Extreme Fat Smash? Fat Smash

2. How long have you been on this diet plan? 3 whole days!

3. How much weight have you lost? Do not know yet - got 6 more days til weigh in.

4. Are you happy with this diet plan? Yes, I am happy with the fact that is it based on healthy eating

5. Would you recommend this diet to others? Sure,Yah!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 241/198/175

Height: 5'4

1. Are you on Fat Smash or Extreme Fat Smash? I am on the Fat Smash Diet

2. How long have you been on this diet plan? Since Febuary of this year

3. How much weight have you lost?As of today 43 lbs and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Are you happy with this diet plan? Yes I love this plan.

5. Would you recommend this diet to others?Yes, I recommend this plan to everyone who asks and even those who don't! LOL
Old 10-02-2007, 08:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 179/179/130

Height: 5'2

Question Heeeelp

Im On Day Two And I Left My Book At Work And Im Off Tommorrow...i Need Someone To Tell Me Whats On The Menu..i Know Im Eating Oatmeal For Breakfast, And I Cant Remember What Else And I Have To Have It Ready The Day Before So That I Dont Fall Off The Diet!! Im The Y On The Menu By The Way....kristine
Old 10-03-2007, 07:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Height: 5-4

can anyone tell me the title of the book is just called what fat smash diet..or is it something else.and author please..i want to purchase it now..but dont want to get it off line dont use credit card number online any ideas where i can purchase it..thanks everyone..
Old 10-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #15  
Randilicious

S/C/G: 296/269/185

Height: 5ft9in

Fat smash

2. How long have you been on this diet plan?Since July 16

3. How much weight have you lost?27 lbs

4. Are you happy with this diet plan?Extremely happy, it's great.

Yes I would