Old 05-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Thumbs up The Original Fat Smash Weekly Support...5/21-5/27

Hello Fellow Fat Smashers...First 7 days of the Fat Smash diet is over, only two more days of Detox !!! I don't know about everyone else but I know I am ready to add in some variety into my menu!!!

This weekend was very hard for me. I felt hungry but not starving but unsatisfied. I realized I wasn't getting enough protein and probably that is why I wasn't feeling full. It was hard going to the grocery store and seeing and smell all the yummy foods !!! I felt like I was having a nervous breakdown but I stayed strong. I will admit I had a few indulgences over the weekend but it wasn't as bad as it could be. I wanted to weigh myself this morning but I think I am afraid. What if I don't lose any weight? What if I deprived myself for 9 days and have nothing to show for it? I will be very depressed if that happens. I will be happy with a 5 lb weight loss just so I get under 190.

Keep On Smashing!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #2  

Hi Fashion Nelle-Im new here and just started phase 1 today.

Cograts on almost finishing phase 1,Im sure you did great and even if you didnt lose the 5 pounds to get under the 190 mark, you still are on the right track and you probably lost inches.

Did you take your measurements and pix,I havent done either yet,Im going to ask my mom if she wants to help me out with the pix. I cant imagine asking my hubby to do it,even though I know he would.Ive been this weight and have been even heavier since I met him,yet Im embarrased to have him do it,weird I know,lol.

Im hoping my first phase on FS is a successful one, Im going to the store today to stock up on some more beans and spices,some of the recipes here sound good.

Once again,just wanted to say hi and Im looking forward to taking this journey with you all.

Marcy
Old 05-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/199/160

Height: 5'11"

Nelle,

Don't weigh yet! I have made the awful mistake of weighing and was so excited and motivated that I had lost 5 lbs. in the first 5 days of detox. BUT I weighed today and was back up 2 lbs!!!!!!! I do not know how that happened as I have been completely loyal to this diet...no cheats at all. I'm beginning to wonder if my body is going into starvation mode? I have no idea, but needless to say I was completely discouraged and wanted to quit...

But I'm not going to quit...I'm going to keep going until day 10...no more weighing until then (which will be thursday).

Keep it going girl. Thank you for posting this "support" group. It's so great to read and to know that there are others going through the same things.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 138

Height: 5'5"

TOM can make you gain a little water weight. Dont sweat the small stuff. i am lossing a little @ a time and I go up by 5 lbs @ night some days. I weigh daily ( I cant stand waiting) but dont get discouraged because I wiegh different every day. I just count the good days
Angie
Old 05-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #5  
kindacrazy

S/C/G: 171/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile yeah!!!!

Hello my fellow fat smashers!!!!
Nelle dont worry about weigh in !!!! you are doing awsome im sure you made it under 190!!!
well i stayed ok on plan mon - fri last week .... i weighed in on sat morning and i lost 5 lbs !!!!!! HOLY **** !!!! I almost fell off the scale with disbalief !!!
so anyways i kinda went way off plan but i watched my portions and exsercised ALOT!!! i didnt weigh back in this morning but i still feel good!!!! it was back to the smash this morning i think i will weigh in tomarrow just to see
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY !!!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/199/160

Height: 5'11"

Crackers,
What phase are you in? How long has it taken you to lose all that weight?!? I'm so excited for you. I hope I can be that successful and still have some cheat days...these 9 days of detox seem to be infinite!!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #7  
Eyeball Checker

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey guys!! I'm on Day 7 of Detox and its going great! I cheated and weighed myself, and I have lost 6lbs so far!!! Woo hoo!! I had my famous stirfry last night, it wasn't 100% on plan, more like 98%. There was a little bit of cornstarch and sugar in it, but it was outweighed by a TON of veggies. So I guess that was 1/2 a cheat. haha. Today I went out to luch and ordered an Asian Chicken Salad (w/o chicken lol) and it was good, but came with WAY too much dressing. So that was sort of a cheat too b/c I'm pretty sure there was more than 3 tbsp of dressing on it. So that was another 1/2 cheat. So in 7 days I guess you can say I cheated once if you follow me. hahaha I don't feel so bad though. Those "cheats" are NOTHING like cheats in the past where I ate a half a pizza or something.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Congrats crackers on the 5lb loss! It so exciting to take such a big step closer to your goal!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Fello Smashers: I love FS phase I. I am so full tonight....My Fitday says only 1081 calories, but the fiber is so filling. I had 35 gms. of fiber...Tonight I ate 2/3 of a head of roasted cauliflower...yum, and most of a pound of steamed asparagus. Yum. If you are having trouble getting enough protein, the 4 egg whites, the yogurt and milk, and BEANS, BEANS, BEANS help a lot. I do love the oatmeal, too......gonna cook up some Basamati brown rice tonight for a week ON PLAN! Keep smashing! P.S. *kiss to whoever suggested roasted cauliflower. I googled a recipe and have a new love.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/ 173/ 135

Height: 5' 5"

Default New to FS Starting Tomorrow

Hey All!
I just baught all of my groceries and am excited and a little nervous about starting this diet. I lost 30lbs before just by cutting calories but found it was not working for me any more. I gained all my weight back and I want to eat healthier. I grew up eating crappy. Until I met my BF I thought if I had a salad with my meal I was eating healthy. I really hope this diet helps retrain my eating habits. Wish me luck I am so glad I found this message board!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 154/150/126

Height: 5'4

Hi Fashion Nelle

i have just started phase 1 today, i did it back in January and lost 14 pounds and fell off the wagon so i am determined to do it this time!

This forum is a great help!!!

Good luck to everyone
Old 05-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #11  
Trying harder than before

Day 8!!!!!

I have officially been doing this for more than a week!!!

Still have not cheated, it is actaully getting easier to eat better, i think especially since i can see the end of this phase!

No that i get to start planning phase 2 meals i am super excited!

I have been doing lught cardio, i need to get to the gym, it is just so hard with a 8 month old!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6

Talking

The strange thing about me is that I don't always go by the scale because I tend to retain water. One day I am 4 pounds lighter and then the next morning I am up 4 pounds. So since I am on my LAST day of detox, I weighed myself and saw that I only lost 1 pound. If that. I'm NOT discouraged because I also had to endure my 'monthly visitor' during this detox which of course, put on some water weight. Another reason I am not discouraged is because my clothing is fitting a bit looser! So THAT's what I was more concerned with---not the scale.But I will say this, I FEEEEEEL GREAT! I needed that 9 day detox to rid me of my Taco Bell and junk food habits and it did. Also, I didn't cheat...well, not unless you wanna count a cup of microwave popcorn that I had one night. But that's it. I've worked out pretty good last week and have even started getting up at 6am and going walking/jogging. So this detox for me may not have lost the pounds that I wanted, but I much rather have lost the urge to eat junk, my clothes are a bit looser, AND I don't have the craving to eat meat anymore. I think I am going to stay on the detox a bit longer before moving to the next step.

I'm SOOOOOOO Proud of all of you that have stuck the detox out!!! KEEP IT GOING!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/ 173/ 135

Height: 5' 5"

Default Day 1

Okay so I subbed all morning but I am done for the day. I already came home and looked at the chocolates my mother keeps and almost grabbed one. errrrr...So far the hunger thing is okay. I need to eat soon or else it is going to be trouble. Did anyone else have issues on day 1???? I am afraid I am not going to have enough variety.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 241/233/135

Height: 5'6"

In all of my craziness I didn't even look to see if a new thread had been posted. Anyway, keep motivated everyone. I won't repost what I posted on last weeks thread this week but the basic concept is to just stay focused on where you want to be. You've made the choice and even committed so don't lose hope. While Dr Ian says that the scale never lies, neither do your clothes that you know fit tighter a week ago.

Happy Smashing!!
Old 05-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Exclamation 5 lbs and counting...

Well I weighed myself today and I lost 5 lbs...I will be honest I wanted to lose more so I was a little dissappointed. But When I look back at the past 9 days I wasn't completely true to the Detox program so then I was happy that I even lost...then I got scared again. I will be out of town this weekend and I don't want to regress and gain those 5 lbs back. I know we will be eating out for almost every meal & will I be able to stay focused? I want to have fun this weekend but I don't want to come back and be depressed that I have undone my progress. Now that I have decided that I am going to make this weight loss dream a reality, can I keep it going?