Old 04-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Default OK, I'm Taking The Plunge!

Hi, All!

My name is Emily, and I'm pretty new to this site. I've been looking into the Fat Smash diet because it looks like a pretty realistic life plan. I'm don't know anyone else who's using it, so I'm glad there's a support network here.

I'll try and take some time to look through previous posts.

I'm looking forward to getting this underway! Today's the day!

Have a great Wednesday, Everybody!

Emily
Old 04-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #2  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats on taking the plunge. This is a great diet to follow. At first it may seem a little hard, but once you get into it, your body will thank you for it.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/189.6/143

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hi Emily,
I'm new too, and I am starting Extreme Fat Smash tomorrow (Sat.). I've been trying to pep talk myself all week, but I am still kinda nervous! How has it been for you so far?

I am so glad to have found this site!!!

Last edited by Scoutieout; 04-13-2007 at 08:13 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #4  

Post another smasher starter

Hi all

I too started today...I'm a vegetarian, so the detox phase requirement of no meat is doable for me...What will be hard, though, is no regular tea...I'm a big tea drinker, and when I have out of control urges, hot tea with milk often saves me...Oh well, think good thoughts for me, and I'll think them for all of you!
Old 04-13-2007, 03:27 PM   #5  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

It's great to see new people on here. Congrats to you all and good luck! We're definitely here if you need help.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #6  

Thanks veggielady! I have a feeling I will be on quite a bit to get some encouragement and advice. It's so nice to find a great support group!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #7  
Spin Shell Spin

Height: 5'6"

I think you guys are going to love this site. I have to say, I've done the Fat Smash a couple of times and never truly had success until I found this site. Veggielady is right, at first it's tough but once you get past it, you'll never go back your old ways again. You'll actually think "I ate like that????
We're hear for you and Good Luck!!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #8  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hello!!!!

Good luck to you guys!!! I start back at Phase 1 on Monday, so I'm looking forward to that. We can do it!!! Summer is around the corner!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #9  

Well I'm coming to the end of the first day, and so far so good...Of course, I still have to make it through the evening, which has traditionally been a bad time. What do you all eat at night on plan if you feel hungry?
Old 04-14-2007, 06:51 PM   #10  

I am nearing the end of day one, too. Nighttime is an obstacle for me, too, especially on the weekend. I am a chronic snacker! Tonight I plan on having 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce, as opposed to a Reese's peanut butter cookie from the Barnes and Noble cafe.....ugh, I am so going to miss peanut butter this week! Good luck!
Old 04-14-2007, 07:24 PM   #11  

I hear you Scoutieout! I love pb too...Last night I had the lowfat yogurt and that seemed to satisfy me...The one thing that concerns me a little is the unlimited fruit...I love fruit but it is certainly not minimal calories like celery or peppers! Oh well, all we can do is keep on keeping on
Old 04-14-2007, 11:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Hi, All!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement!

Well, so far, so good -- for the most part. I had a couple of slip-ups yesterday, but I'm trying REALLY hard to stay on plan! It's difficult, because I have a 4 year old with very different nutritional needs!

Veggiegirl - I'm a tea person, like you! There's nothing better than a hot cup of tea at night before bed. Ahhhh.... I can do it if you can!

Ok, I've got to get some sleep. I'm having lunch at an Italian restaurant tomorrow after church. Hello, salad!

Hang in there, everybody!

Em
Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #13  

Default another day down

Morning all

Here I am on the third morning..so far, so good. Last night I again had the yogurt, and that was enough, although I did battle the binge demon earlier in the day but did not give in. Somehow, knowing that I had foods that were legal still left to eat, and the option of fruit, took away the desperate feeling, but I'm not naive enough to think that I won't be battling the beast again, and again and again....Oh well, positive thoughts to all of you for Sunday and beyond!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:37 PM   #14  
vanity0326

S/C/G: 257/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

This is day two of my detox and I think I have to start over.

Of all the eating habits I knew I had (yummy sugar) I did not realize that waiting long periods in between meals was one of them.
My last meal was at 11 this morning and then I did not notice until five that I was hungry and, once I noticed, I realized I was very hungry. So I ruined my fat smash goals for the day by eating (voraciously).

Day one of Detox starts again tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #15  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Good Evening all...I went grocery shopping and stocked up on fruits and veggies. I made a big pot of bean soup. I found out that I got full faster on bean soup. I'm so ready to get this on the road.

Veggiegirl- When I get hungry at night, if I do, I usually snack on frozen grapes, I know it takes a bit of getting use to, but it helps. Or I usually have carrots. Or if I didn't have my yogurt, I have that with strawberries. Yummy! The first 2 days are always the hardest. Hang in there!

Oldtimehockey- I love tea too!! It's going to be hard, but I can't seem to drink decaf, so I drank regular green tea. LOL This will be my 3rd time on the Fat Smash, I hope 3rd time is a charm! I really gotta stick to it!! I know we can do it!!!

So how many of us are doing the Regular Fat Smash? I am!I'm sorry if I gave anyone the first Fat Smash tips, and you're doing the Extreme! LOL
Good Luck to you all!!!