Old 05-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 152.5/148/135

Height: 5'6

Default Tofu phase 1

Tofu is on the list. How much can you eat in Phase 1?
Old 05-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 152.5/148/135

Height: 5'6

Lem! You have lost a lot of weight! Congrats! Did you lose it all on the Fat Smash. What helped you the most?
Old 06-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Yeah, I was a little confused about the whole... things you can't eat vs. things that are in the Phase 1 recipes, too. I made the tasty tomatoes the other day and they were DELICIOUS. I can't stand regular fat free mayo, so I got wasabi and horseradish flavored fat free mayo, instead. I also use olive oil on grilled vegetables, because the book says I'm allowed to. And I used 1-2 teaspoons of it for stir fries and fried rice (this 1-2 tsp goes for 2-4 servings).

I'm being a good girl and not weighing myself until I'm done detox, but if I don't lose much weight, I guess I'll know why. I'm going to be hardcore about this tomorrow and do two extra days, so hopefully I WILL actually lose weight!
Old 06-13-2007, 01:55 AM   #19  

I've seen some people post up some different flavors of yogurt to mix with their smoothies...I thought we could only have plain fat-free yogurt...What flavors are allowed?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:16 PM   #20  
Smashing to a fit me

S/C/G: 205/202/150

Height: 5'6"

Okay, just having gotten the book and read it over a few times, I've never thought it was all that confusing... and if I'm not mistaken soy nuts are actually a bean (you know-soybeans), and tofu is made from soy, so they should be allowed. And having done some minor research on the sesame seeds, they seem to be more like a bean, they grow in pods, can be made into a variety of different foods, though I'm not real sure on the nutrient value of them (fiber content and such)
Old 07-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 196/148/120

Height: 5ft

actually it says in phase 1 in Food Preparation that you can have 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil plus you can have up to 3 tbs of low fat dressing on your salads. Honestly dont think it can get much clearer then that...

gla
Old 12-23-2007, 04:14 AM   #22  
camsmom

S/C/G: 172/169/140

Height: 5'4

Aloha!

I am considering the Fat Smash diet because I am getting bored with the South Beach. Since oatmeal is allowed on the first phase, does it have to be cooked? I like making oatmeal smoothies, and want to know if they are allowed?
Old 12-26-2007, 06:10 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 192/188/135

Height: 5'5

I use half the amount of raw oatmeal in my smoothies. I also use fat free french vanilla yogurt. It hasn't hampered in meeting my weight loss goals.
HTH,
Tara
Old 06-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #24  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I have question for anyone who may know. I'm a Korean and eat kimchi quite often. It's like pickled cabbage..Would I be allowed to eat it during any phase? Phase 1? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi There is information on Kimchi on the website..Could anyone tell me?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #25  

question on whey protein, how much is allowed? and can creatine also be used in this diet?
Old 07-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #26  
MakingChanges...

Is anyone here a member of the online fat smash diet site?

I just joined and have to say that I am now a bit confused on the phase I myself now. I joined the site yesterday and have made out my meal plan for the week. The online meal plan only selects foods/recipes that are allowed during your phase - and it says you are allowed flavored oatmeals (such as maple and brown sugar instant - quaker oats), it says you can have yoplait fat free or low fat flavored yogurts, it even says you can have slim fast drinks as a snack during phase I- so what's the deal???

Help?!?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #27  
WW Moderator

I know this question is old, but I just want to reply and say that the online version was full of problems. It had all kinds of wrong food listed, plus substitutions could be made any which way - I tried to compensate for vegetarian meals (meat was on the online P1) and I ended up with applesauce and corn for lunch. Maybe it's been corrected/updated since then! This was last summer when I checked it out.