Old 06-18-2006, 05:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/193/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile New to 3Fat Chicks

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself to you. I am now 48 and have gained a substanial 60 lbs since I married 24 years ago and 3 children. 25lbs of that weight I have gained in the last 3 years. I usually am very active but in the last couple of months I have had such a horrible sweet tooth that I gained 8lbs I'd lost. So it is summer time and I'm heading towards a size 16, yuck, and nothing in the 14 fits well. I'm 5'5" tall. Most of the weight is now being gained in the upper body. I'm doing WW presently but have tried South Beach (didn't like the initial part of that). I have gained and lost 20 lbs on the LA Weightloss diet. Their calories were so restrictive that I couldn't even exercise without getting lightheaded. So I'm hoping to lose at least 1 lb a week back on the WW. Has anyone had success on WW losing 1lb a week and not killing yourself everyday exercising? I'd like to start off with about 20-30 minutes of walking which is about 1-2 miles 4 days a week and then 2 days of weights Its tough when you hit the plateau. Any help?
melloyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

well, it is nice to meet u. my name is paula. i am on ww and I have been off and on for a year and 1/2. when i faithfully stick to ww I would lose sometimes 1/2 a lb sometimes 1 1/2 a week, but sometimes I would lose nothing in a week. In a month 8 lbs. total. on average. I could absolutely tell when I had too much dairy, because I wouldn't lose anything. or if i cheated and overate i would usually gain 2 lbs. I have been doing ww again faithfully for a month and I have lost 10 lbs. I do not go to meetings anymore I have just been doing it on my own. I bought some ww scales and with the support of this website I am hanging in there. If you haven't checked out the ww section on this website, you should. It sounds like you are definately on the right track. you just have to stick to the program and it definately works out. some weeks you may not lose a thing, but the next week you may lose 3 lbs. but it usually averages out to the same thing in a month. stick with it and join us on the ww part of this website. good for you for working out. you are doing awesome!!!!
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hello melloyan, Its me again. I just found a really awesome website www.settingcaptivesfree.com. It has an great course study and also like a diet plan called the Lords Table. I am only doing the course study. It is very good. I found this website here on 3fc. I am not doing their diet, because I am going to continue to do ww. You should check it out if you can. It is completely Christ centered and biblical. talk to ya soon. bye bye -Paula
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/193/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello Paula:

Nice to meet you. I've just returned from a week away on vacation. Of course I overate. But today I'm back on track. I'm writing eveything down I put in my mouth and trying to stay right to the 24 points and not eat the extra 35 they give unless I absolutely have to. I would love to lose 8lbs this month. That would make be really smile. I've been praying too and asking God to direct my paths in this area and help me not to feel like I'm starving myself. I just have to get through this week and then I will feel better. I will visit the WW site on 3fc. Thanks for the other website too. I will check it out. I noticed your weight and goal weight are similar to mine.

melloyan
melloyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello....
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/166/150

Height: 5'10"

Welcome and good luck with the exercising, it is indispensible for weight-loss and health. Congrats on your willingness to make good changes!
hollycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:02 PM   #7  

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, too. I am about to embark on a journey of immense shrinking... You mentioned that you are doing WW. Does this diet work well? My husband and I ordered the 6 week body make-over to jump start our new weight loss but it looks really rigid. I think the exercise plan is a great idea. I know sometimes that plateau can be the muscle that you might be gaining from all that exercise? Maybe it's just muscle and if you keep plugging away your metabolism will start kicking in like never before.
Sarah
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:03 PM   #8  

Hi Sarah, and So glad you are here! Immense shrinking.... ah yes that can be done. One bit at a time the fairy fat mother will take those pounds away if you just work at it hard enough!! I can't give "diet" tips since I'm not on a diet but just healthful eating and exercise... but I hope you find something that works for you.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:44 PM   #9  

Thanks Misti,
Nice meeting you! Looks like you're not too far from me (Oregon). you've obviously figured out how to lose the weight. Yay! Congrats on your weight loss!!

Thanks so much for the welcome, too.
S.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:47 PM   #10  

Hi Sugarbaby. Nope, not too far away at all. Plus I used to live in Oregon for about 12 years or so. Portland/Milwaukie area. Loved it!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 08:54 PM   #11  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome to 3FC! I don't have any advice for you, but if you go into the support boards, you might get some answers you're looking for!

Post often so we get to know you! And good luck to you!
pgray1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:12 PM   #12  
WW way of life!

S/C/G: 221/213/135

Height: 5'3

Default can i join in?

hey ladies...just parusing through the various posts and links on this site and came across this one. i've been looking for a place on this website to plug in...any ideas? i'm still quite new to WW...just about seven weeks now. would LOVE some support and encouragement!

thanks!
mrs.newbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #13  

Hi Breanna,

Nice to meet you. I'm still learning the ropes here to but thought I'd say, "hello" and "welcome"!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning to All and Welcome to Breanna.

This is the day to make good choices. Remember to thank God for everything.
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #15  

Smile

Hi Brenna, I have been going to WW about ten weeks and have lost apound a week.and wish I could have lost more, I have been walking a mile a day and drinking a lot of water. GOOD LUCK hope to hear from you so on on how you are doing tammy234
tammy234 is offline   Reply With Quote