Old 06-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/240/200

Default Can I jump in here?

Hi I was just wondering if it is ok to join this group?
I am turning 40 in December and have 5 boys at home who need a healthy,active Mom and I don't feel healthy.
I am strong in my faith and I believe God gives us friends for support and we should be supporters.
We are all busy but as Mom's I think too often we put ourselves last or not at all and that is when the weight piles on.
I look forward to meeting people.
Jennifer
gottado4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:12 AM   #17  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi Jennifer! You are more than welcome to join us. I have found this thread to be very supportive for me. It isn't very busy right now but we are here for each other.

I have good news to report. The police caught the robber the other night. It was a much happier atmosphere at work yesterday because we thought he might just be dumb enough to try it a third time. Thanks for all your prayers.

It's shopping day today. We're going to Costco and then to the mall for a bit. Looking forward to it.

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:05 PM   #18  

Hi everyone

Just got back from the Bahamas. It was my birthday on the 10th so my husband got tickets for Shenna Easton. She was really good. It is nice to see someone who is your age still singing and going strong.

Still trying to sell the house here in Boca. People visiting have really slowed down alot. Plus everyone is dropping their prices each week. We are still praying that someone will buy or we will try and lease it for a year and try again. Out new house is finally ready and is suppose to close this Friday. So we are looking at moving in about two weeks.

Sue it is good to hear that your mum is doing better after her operation.

Wilma I can't believe the terror that your teller must have faced then to go through it again the second day. I pray that she is fine now and things have gone back to normal.

Gary it is good to hear that your daughter is engaged. Your family seems to be all over for the summer.

Dieting and exercise it seems have been put on hold again until we can get over to the new house and settle in.

Have a great weekend everyone

Nancy
mavnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:46 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 240/240/200

Hi Wilma,
Thank you for the welcome.
Sorry to hear that you had such a catastrophe at work.That sounds so scary.
I will keep you and the teller in my prayers.
Nancy sounds like you had fun,what a great hubby you must have.My Mom just sold her home and moved from Boynton.Selling a home can be so stressful.I am on the buying end now...which is also stressful.I will include you in my prayers.
Remember the water ladies!!!I have been trying so hard to drink more.I am constantly setting it down and forgetting it.Anybody got any good ideas?
Jennifer
gottado4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:55 PM   #20  

Hello all...Can I join you? I'm 20 years old, and working on losing weight again. I was in a serious relationship and during it my weight got up there and now that it's ended I need to get it back under control. It was a very difficult breakup (I thought he was 'the one' that God had in mind for me...came upon lie after lie, etc.) but I've forgiven him and I'm moving on...beginning with self-improving.
inHimIcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:36 AM   #21  

Height: 5'8.5"

HI everyone... just checking in; haven't been by this way for a while.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:55 AM   #22  
Quit counting at 45!

I have never seen this thread so quiet. I hope everyone is doing well.

My week has been back to normal again. Thank God!! It was pretty stressful last week with the robberies and it's nice to have that normalcy back. Our staff is going out for dinner tonight just to do something fun. I'm looking forward to it.

Misti: Nice to see you again!

Jennifer: Thanks for your prayers for my staff. The teller is doing amazingly well. She's a very strong, confident person but is handling it better than I would have ever thought. To answer your question about water - I usually keep a bottle with me at my desk. I drink from it a lot other than when I'm so busy that I forget.

InHimICan: Welcome! I hope you find the support here that you need. We are usually a lot busier here. Changes in our lives often lead to over eating. I hope that you're on track. Keep posting!

Mavnan: A big belated Happy birthday to you. (We're only 2 days apart) I'm glad you had a good one. I'm praying for your house to sell. I know how frustrating it can be to have that over your head when you're looking forward to the new house.

Gary: Sounds like your life is pretty full these days. At least it's good things happening and it does keep you out of trouble.

I hope all is well with all of you. Please post! I miss you!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:29 AM   #23  

Default Hi

I just popped in quick to see what's up, quiet around here, hopefully because everyone is busy enjoying the summer. Thanks to all for their prayers for mom she is doing good. She went to rehab, last Fri. and was cleared yesterday to walk by herself without assist. so should be home the beginning of next week. I leave July 1st for New Brunswick with my youth group for our mission's trip, so that will be fun will be gone for 8 days. My sister and two brothers will be there to help mom and my dad, so I don't want to cancell out on the kids.
Wilma- I am glad they caught the robber, I can not believe he came back again so quickly after the first robbery.
E.Z. - Busy! Busy! Busy! nice pics of dd and future sil I loved Alaska, I am sure they had a great time.
Welcome Jennifer and inHimagain! Prayers for strength eating right. It is often difficult especially with all the picnics this time of year ect.
Mauvan- Happy belated birthday, sorry we missed it Also sorry to here house hasn't sold, prayers that the right buyer comes along. How was your trip to the Bahama's where down there did ya go! The concert sounds like fun, I haven't been to one in a few years.
Misty- nice to see ya
Well got to run see mom and go to work. God Bless!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:15 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

hello. I am new to 3fc and was glad to see that there is a christian thread. I have just been reading all the posts and it sounds like this is a very encouraging group. Not only on weight loss, but on everything. I will be glad to pray for anyone who needs me too. God is so good. We are all very blessed. I am so glad that he loves us all. Well I did used to over eat alot. I feel like God truly delivered me from that. I am on weight watchers and the program has taught me about moderation. It is an excellent program. I used to go to the meetings, but I don't anymore.I have been staying on track good without the meetings. But I give God all the glory. I am still overweight, but I feel so much better. I feel like I am treating my body the way God wants me too. I used to really concentrate alot on looks, but now that I am older its about health and being good to your body. I have tried so many ways to lose weight in the past, and I have failed some of the time and I have actually succeeded some of the time. This time is very different, I don't feel hopeless and alone. I have been a christian for along time. But I guess I never really put God in my weight loss journey. I hope I didn't ramble on too much. I also hope I made sense. If anyone needs anything let me know. I look forward to talking to all of you. Thank you, Paula
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

I thought I would check in real quick. Angie, my ex-wife and I are heading up to a wedding, for a college and tennis friend of Amanda's, in an hour or so. Our daughter, a bridesmaid, is already there.

Sorry I haven't been around much. So much is going on around our household and I have been working a lot out of town ~ not much time for the computer when I get home. I will try and catch up Sunday, although I do have to work then also.

Going to Illinois next week, with my brother, for 10 days to see my mom, grandma, sister and brother in law.

Well it's time to drag out some clean wedding clothes

You are all in my prayers! Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:14 PM   #26  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi All!

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon here today. The weather is beautiful. I think we'll go for a walk later. I've been doing that more lately and it feels good. I've also been eating more salads and we're barbequing more too. I feels good to be active.

gary: Glad to see you drop in for a minute. It sounds like you're busier than usual - at least it's exciting things that are keeping you busy.

Paula: A big welcome to you! Glad you found us. Isn't it great to have a God that cares about every area of our lives and understands the struggles we're going through?

Sue: I'm glad to hear your mom is doing better. Enjoy your trip to the east coast. I have never been there but hope to some day.

Have a great day!
Old 06-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #27  

Default New to 3fc but not new to this

Hi. I'm new to the group but definitely not new to losing and gaining weight. I've lost 90+ pounds 3 times and gained it back. Each time, I lost it in a healthy, positive way, and was confident that the problem was licked! But here I am again. I am a Christian who knows without a doubt that He is my strength and, yes, I have relied on Him and given Him the glory in the past. So it is a great mystery to me. But that is the past, and this is now.
Since November, I've lost 24 pounds and am still doing pretty well. But in the last week or so, I have noticed the "nibblies" coming back in. I know that some of you out there are pray-ers, so please pray for me.
Anyone out there in the same "shape"?
Herewegoagin (in Indiana)

"The Lord is my strength and my song"--Psalm 118:14
herewegoagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #28  

Default Hi there!

Welcome Paula and Herewegoagain- nice to have you both, sorry the thread is so quiet, usually we can't keep up, but people are busy, I am Mom just got out of rehab today, I leave Sat. I have been working on props and costumes for their skits, just wanted to pop in and say hi!. I will be away for a couple weeks. Please pray for safety traveling. Hi EZ and wilma-catch ya all later. Sue
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #29  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

How's everyone doing this morning? It's a gorgeous morning here. I wish I didn't have to go to work and could enjoy the outdoors. But, no such luck. I am meeting a friend for dinner after work so that'll be something to look forward to.

Not much happening around here. Youngest DS is still looking for work and has some decisions to make so I would appreciate prayers for him.

My eating is going well but still struggling to getting out and walking. I really don't know what's wrong with me. I just don't have the motivation I used to. I think it's because I'm so busy at work and just want to come home and crash. I do know that going for a walk would be a great stress reliever for me and I do enjoy it when I get out there.

Herewegoagain: Welcome! I know what you mean about the nibblies. For me it comes at a certain time during the month. I stopped eating in the evenings long ago and find I don't crave food in the evenings as much. If I do I cut up an apple or have a few nuts just to drive the cravings away.

Well, better get ready for work. Have a great day!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:25 AM   #30  
Matthew 21:22

Hello everyone! I am new here and found you all! Hooray.
I have been struggling with my weight for years, but FINALLY am finding the strength I need to get moving and get this weight off once and for all. With His strength and guidance I will succeed.

I just wanted to say HI and give a small introduction!
Have a great day!!

Sunnyslim
sunnyslim is offline   Reply With Quote