Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #208 ♥

WELCOME!
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support
This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

*~*~*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-27-2005, 07:08 AM   #2  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Hi Gary,
I am so very sorry to hear of Zac's father! I will definately keep he and his DF, Dennis, and family as well as Amanda in my prayers!

I'll be back just as soon as I get Joe off to work...
Love you!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's another gorgeous fall morning. The leaves are starting to turn colour. We have a mountain ash in our back yard and it's a lovely orange/rust colour. I love the fall even though we know what comes after that.

I've been busy at work and things have been going well there. I am away on course Thurs and Friday so it'll be a bit of a break for me.

Gary: I printed off those salmon recipes. They look really good and I will try them. Sorry to hear about daughter's boyfriend's father. I'll be praying for him and his family.

Sunny!! It's so good to have you back. I've missed you! Keep posting!

DH is home from work today. He worked all weekend which is unusual so they've given him a couple of days off during the week. It's nice to have him home. Tonight he's going to barbeque chops for dinner. should be good!

Well, gotta go get ready for work. Have a super day!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #4  

Smile

Hello again everyone!
I see that after my last post there has been a couple of newcomers...

*Welcome* Garybearsgirl/Michele...
It's been awhile since I last posted... I'm SunnyD aka Donna I too am married no children and have 3 furry kids... most anything you want to know about me is in my profile Nice to meet you! I will be honored to keep you in my prayers for allowing the Lord to guide us with our eating habits... I could use yours as well. I struggle daily with weight, I have lost the 28 and gained back 5 and am not going to change that marker of mine at the bottom of my post, cuz I am determined to make it right again and then continue to drop. If I don't let the Lord in over my desires again the holiday's will gang up on me

Hi Gary!
Thank-you so very much for the PM... I have been going through a bit of a slump because my grandfather had a number of things go wrong within the last 2 1/2 weeks! He gave us all a scare! My mother has been so depressed (it's her father) and she never gets that way! She usually has very high spirits! It ws hard to hear her that way... but understandable!! He had a stroke, had fluid on his lungs and congestive heart failure... but I am glad to say the he has pulled through! He's 88 and is now in a nursing home where he is getting great care! He did not want to leave his home and with this last bout, he was forced to and is very happy to be there now When my aunt told him he could not go back home, he said... "that's okay... I like it here." What a relief to hear!! We were all so worried he'd put up a fuss like he did the last time we tried. Now he looks great! His cheeks are all pink again and he smiles...

We had a blast at the *Yankee Peddler Festival* thx! And the weather was perfect! We were there from noon till 7pm that day... so much fun - didn't buy much, just enjoyed the company of our friends and the shows and crafts. As for the colonoscopy... I am so glad I did not have to wait like you did!! OMGosh!! That would have been terrible for me. I also was ill with locked up AIR for 5 days after! It was up high and would not move! Finally after the 5th day I felt better!! No one tells you that it could take up to a week for that air they fill you with to all come out I had to call and find that out!! I was also told I won't have to have it done again for another 5 years - great news!!

Gary... I wondered how long it would take you two to realize that your world is in California!!! I bet that you have no problems selling that beautiful home in Wa.! I bet that you make back the $$$$$ you invested in your new home and then some!! It's beautiful! I am so sorry to hear of the disharmony between you, Angie and Lara... I will keep you in my prayers that you will be able to work this all out with love and understanding of one another... it's allot and I haven't a clue of what you are going through, but I can pray I KNOW you will sell your home in WA. w/o any problems!!!! And you and Angie will be able to work things out - you love one another so much!! Don't let LIFE issues get in between you both, okay (((Gary Angie)))

Ohhh... thx for the Salmon recipe again! I lost it and was going to ask you again and there it is It's such a great recipe!!!! Lasagna... yummmmmmmmmm I'll be right over!

Hi Wilma,
Thank-you so much... such a nice greeting this morning

Great Wedding pictures of you!!! And your Son and new Daughter-in-law! You looked great in that color!!! Just wish you were facing forward so I could have seen your beautiful face more My, my, my have you slimmed down - you should be so very proud of yourself sweetheart!! You have done consistently well with your diet and with your new job!

Congrats on your sons NEW job at Staples!!! I do hope that he is still doing well there Joe & I shop there allot!!

Hi Rachel,
So good to see you posting again... hope all is going well in your new jobs and with school! *Congrats* on making the Dean's List (((Rachel))) A teacher... what grade will you be teaching? My g/f's daughter is also studying to be a teacher... K-3 I believe...

Have you heard anything more about your grandparents sweetie??? I have heard that most are trying to venture back to their homes and cannot get back yet.

Hi Michele,
I am so glad to hear that MKay has stayed in touch with you and that she is doing well... will she be posting again here? I hope that all goes well with you and your move to CA.!!

I will keep your dear mother in my prayers (((Michele)))

Hi Klynntx/Karen,
How are your parents in TX?? Have you hard anything more?? I saw on the news that most are being denied access back to their homes and that they are taking boats to bypass the law in getting back to their homes... We had a huge rain come through here yesterday from H-Rita... a solid downpour from Sunday evening through the whole day yesterday.--- it was the kind of rain that lulls you to sleep, not at all like your family encountered. We have a beautiful day here today - very Fall!!! In the 60's, very crisp and clean and sunny

What a great update!!! Sounds like your children are doing you quite proud!! As for your purse being stolen... I couldn't imagine!! I think I have way too much in mine too - someone takes my purse they take allot!! I will take your situation as fair warning!! I hope all will get straightened out soon! I luv Max Lucado... thx for the link!!!

Hi Teel!
Is that really you??!! Such good news!! Belated *Congrats* to Kristy & Andrew on their new baby boy!

How awesome that you found a new church!!! I am so proud of you for going You just sounded so happy I do hope that this post today finds you doing well... you are in my continued prayers for your health and well-being (((Teel)))

Hi Soon2bskinny08/ Tracey,
*Welcome* to our group... so nice to meet you!! You have done an awesome job so far with your weight-loss! As I told Garybear / Michele... you can find out allot about me by reading my profile I do hope we all see you back again and again

Hi there Sue!
So good to see you!! I have been MIA as well! I will keep Carol in my prayers sweetie... is she still in the coma??!!

Sounds like we have a perfect camping weekend coming up - so Fall-like!!! Trees are changing... so beautiful! Joe & I got our front door stoop all decorated with hay, mums, pumpkins & a cornstalk, but the coons won't leave my cornstalk alone!!! This morning we found the corn on the stalk all broken and eaten I hope you are enjoying it! (((Sue)))

Hi Lori!
So good to see you too... I am so sorry to hear of your AJ's issues... I will add him to my prayers!!! I do hope that *LA Wt-loss* will give you the step-up you need to lose the weight!! I know that it sure has done wonders for Michele and others on the program... wishing you luck and holding you in prayer!!!!

*~*~*

I hope that everyone else is doing well and staying healthy!
Take Care now and know that God is our strength!!
*Smiles*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-27-2005, 10:45 AM   #5  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Hello all!

I have been so super busy. My mom came into town from Minnesota so I spent the weekend with her and been doing homework/working. Whew I'm tired.

My grandma and uncle weathered through the storm quite well! And their little kitty, too! Last thing I knew they still had power, but I have not spoken to either of them since Saturday...
Thanks klynntx for the PM, I really really appreciate it!! :

I'm down one more pound, to 152! I hope I can make it to 149!!! That would be so awesome!!!

SUNNY!!! It's so good to see you back! We've missed you!

I'm gonna eat some breakfast and take a nap. (I just got off work and got done working out so I have an excuse to nap!)

I'll check in with everyone later.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:49 AM   #6  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

BTW Gary I am praying for Zac's father!
Old 09-27-2005, 01:18 PM   #7  
Walking Off The Pounds

Unhappy Missing you guys . .

Yes, it's me. . . unfortunately only for a minute but wanted to drop in quickly and say 'hi' and I've been 'lurking' occasionally trying to keep up with everyone, their praises and prayer requests. Know that you guys are often in my thoughts and prayers even though I can't update too often right now. HI also to the newbies, hope to get to meet you better in the coming days. The thread has been a little busier, or maybe I've just been gone a little longer. . . anyway, SUNNYD - nice to see you back again, and TEEL - you've been so missed, EZ - I'm a Biggest Loser fan also, one of my favorite shows (other is Desperate Housewives), so many hellos to each of you, - Mitchypoo - hope all is going well w/Mom and your move, many prayers for you sweets. Hopefully I can get on again soon, get some updates and hellos out to everyone. Still walking (and unfortunately eating too much ) but have 30.7 miles in for September so that's better than I did in July and August. (only 34 miles both months together!) All for now, hugs & prayers - Margie
Old 09-27-2005, 03:14 PM   #8  

Hi,
I would like to Join you.
I am Just starting to lose weight and need Christian support. I weigh 184 and need to lose at least 40 lbs. I am a type 2 diabetic.
I am a Wife, and Mother of three, Grandmother of 4. I have one Bichon dog. I have to include him in the family.

I also have a prayer request, n ot for me, but my Sis Jeannine who is in very serious condition in the Hospital, hoping she won't have to have her leg ampitated from nerve damage.
Thank you
God Bless,
Shirley
Old 09-27-2005, 03:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

It's a beautiful fall day here in southwestern IL! Only 79 degrees and just gorgeous! Just got back from WI at LAWL and I've lost 5 pounds in 5 days! I'm so thankful that God led me there and mom and dad paid for me to go. I am feeling very grateful these days! \O/

SHIRLEY: Welcome! Everyone here is very supportive - just jump right in! I will be praying for Jeannine.

HI MARGIE!!

HI SUNNY!! I was MIA too for awhile - Nice to see you again! Thanks for the prayers for AJ!

HI WILMA!!!

GARY: I'm praying for Zac's father!

Have a great rest of the day everyone!
Old 09-27-2005, 04:57 PM   #10  

Smile

Hi Rachel!!!
I am so glad to hear from you too and to know that your grandmom, uncle & kitty have weathered the storm okay Congrats on another pound down!! Keep up the good job sweetie!!!

Hey there Margie B...
So good to see you - you still walking? I have gotten in a few miles in this month - 25.25 miles so far...
I have all my fav shows on too! A great season!! What shows do you watch? Here are the shows I catch --> *Medium* - all the *CSI*'s -*NCIS* -*House* -*Law and Order-SVU* and * CI *Lost* - *Survivor* - *The Amazing Race* *ER* - *W/O a Trace* - *Three Wishes* - *Extreme Home Makeover* and *Numb3rs* I tape almost all the shows, hate the commercials!

Hi Shirley,
*Welcome*! Nice to meet you! You are more then welcome to join in You can include your pup as a family member - Joe & I think of our 3 furry kids as family (3 kitties)

I am so very sorry to hear of your Dear Sister, Jeannine... I will definitely keep her in my prayers... Leg amputation? Does she diabetes as well? I do hope that she will not have to lose her leg!

Hi Lori!
Good to see you honey Wonderful news!!! 5 lbs down!! I'll pray that it continues to work for you! You are more then welcome for prayers (AJ)... I wish I could to more

*Smiles*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-27-2005, 06:46 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Cool Tuesday Afternoon

HI GALS

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!

Great to see some action here for a change...is it my imagination that things always pick up when GRAPHICGODDESSSUNNYDONNAOURHERO is around?

Well, I started my new job today and got home early...caught up to the drywall hangers on the first day...man am I good nah! I will sit out tomorrow and then I should be fine as far as having a lead in front of me. I was working with an old friend today...we have worked together off and on for 30 years, I hadn't worked with him for 3 years (although we keep in touch regularly on a personal basis)...it was nice, we car pooled together.

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR THE PRAYERS FOR DENNIS~~MY DAUGHTER'S BOYFRIEND'S FATHER! I saw my daughter before work this morning and she said the doctors think he may have had a stroke...that is all I know at the present. She will be home from work in a few hours and I may find out more.

Also EVERYONE thanks so much for your prayers for Angie and me in our...my discussion and her fight I didn't mean to worry any of you...we are FINE! it is an on going thing with my step-daughter...if it was going to ruin my relationship with my wife it would have happened 7~8 years ago...almost did...THAT! is not a problem...the problem between myself~Angie~step-daughter and her dad is very complicated...but mostly the issues are between Lara and her father. To be honest, most of my problems with my step-daughter has to do with respect. Things that I hope go away with maturity...ON MY PART TOO!

Angie called me this morning at work and said that the couple wanting our house in Washington accepted our counter offer! Looks like it is sold! So we won't make $$$ but the loss will be very small, if any. Bittersweet feelings for Angie and I right now. If we could have rented it out, we may have, but in the area it is in renters are not allowed...one of the reasons we bought there, it wasn't a secret to us..we knew the problem if we changed our minds.

Just finished defrosting chicken breasts...going to marianade them in Lawry's Louisana Red Pepper marianade then bake, rice and veggies.

SHIRLEY~ SUNNY2005~ Welcome! Prayers for your sister.

RACHEL~ YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 10 days NO SMOKING for you! Any excuse IS a good excuse to take a nap

WILMA~ Enjoy the BBQ with DH....just the 2 of you now for dinner? Have a great "rest" on thursday and friday...Angie loves day where she goes to conferences...well, sometimes...and gets a break from teaching.

MARGIE~ Hey babe, thanks for the PM...I will show it to Angie when she gets home! So glad to have you back, I know work was going to be hectic for you...but...though we would see a little more of you. How is your kiddo with the new school year? tennis? Angie and I LOVE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, CSI..the original...LOST...I like SURVIVOR and she is an ER fan...I like the comedies on CBS too, especially KING OF QUEENS and TWO AND A HALF MEN...awww no RAYMOND How is it going with Fred these days? Keep up the walking the best you can.

LORI~ Thanks for the info on your son's disorder...how sad...I will keep him in my prayers. I know my nephew and neice have issues from their mom and dad (my deceased brother)...life sure can be tough can't it! My ex wife's brother was in the service...once while he was away my ex SIL decided to have an affair with a black man...my poor nephew grew up VERY~VERY dark in between two brothers and one sister that are VERY~VERY fair skinned! Talk about some 'splainin' to do LUCY! I pray your boy responds to treatment. GREAT news on the 5 pound loss at LAWL!

KAREN~ Wish I had a pool to use as a storage garage Be glad to come by and do your patch...how close are you guys to Dallas? Angie has family there. Yes I do cook a lot...I enjoy it...if I have the time. Just like everyone else probably. I am by no means a gourmet!! cook....just basic stuff...if I pay attention I can follow almost any recipe! Thanks for the christian book site, I put it in my favorites. The last christian book I read was A Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. I am going to check into the Precept Bible Study, I have never heard of it...a couple of years ago I finished the Bethel Bible Study...a very intense 2 year program.

SUNNYD~ GREAT to see you! So sorry about your grandpa, so happy he is feeling better. My grandma turns 90 on October first...she isn't doing all that well, but at least my mom and sister are there to help her. Depression is a crazy thing...I have to push myself sometimes to stay positive...gets harder every year...I can see now how older folks just give up. That is one reason why I stay here on this site...you just never know who you will reach with ENCOURAGEMENT!! In fact I think I am getting close to 1,000 posts!! Thanks for all the prayers for Angie and I and the house...things are looking great on both those issues! My buddy had "air" problems too...guess I got lucky. Like you said...thank goodness not again for 5 years! Glad you enjoyed the peddlers market...we have not been to a street/crafts fair for awhile...other than the ones Angie sold stuff at. Take care of Joe

Well~~HELLO to all the MIA's!...come back soon.

Gotta go clean up.............................
Old 09-27-2005, 06:46 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

SHOOT SUNNYD...I have OVER 1,000 posts now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 09:45 PM   #13  
Jonathan

Hey, I know this sounds like a dumb question,but "HOW DO I JOIN YOUR GROUP?"lol.
Thanks,
Old 09-27-2005, 09:45 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hey Margie-
This is from Angie. Just checked out Harry Potter. Thanks for the info.
I CAN'T WAIT for the movie to come out in November. I will have to make a special "date" with my daughter to see it. She is a "die-hard" Harry fan, even as a senior in high school.
I read the newest book this summer. Loved it!!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:10 PM   #15  

Smile

Hi Jonathan,
Not a dumb question at all!! You just joined us All you need do is pop in and tell us a bit about yourself... *Welcome* - sit back and enjoy

Hey Gary... you mind sharing us?
You crack me up!!! And you sure know how to make a person feel great! Thanks!

Glad to hear that you are finally getting out the and working! Kiddin' Continued prayers for Dennis... I hope that he will be okay!!!

I knew that you would have no problems selling that beautiful home!!! Awesome Gary!! Congrats to you and Angie!!

Your grandmother is gonna be 90 - how kewl!!! Sounds like you have some good gene's there guy! Yea... I noticed that you had over 1,000 post - congrats!!! Did you happen to notice how many I have? Well over 2,000... you have some catchin' up to do!!!

I always take good care of my Joe As you do Angie In fact, I have to set some *eye* appointments for us both - getting older is a pain in the hiney!!

Have a good night folks!!
*Smiles*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-27-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Closed Thread