Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 09:11 AM   #1  

Default favorite Bible verse

It's me again! I just wanted to ask what everyone's favorite Bible verse is. I know there are a lot of them that I just love, but I'm talking about the one you constantly go back to; one that gives you strength and encouragement.

Mine is Jeremiah 29:11-For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil; to give you a future and a hope.

Isn't it great to know that God thinks good thoughts toward us? That he has a future full of hope for us? Woo-hoo!

God bless.
Susan
Old 08-19-2005, 12:54 PM   #2  

Actually that is my favorite verse too. God has used it so much in my life. He is awesome. All glory goes to Him.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:25 AM   #3  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Joshua 24:14-15

I love having a favorite verse that no one can remember off the top of their head, lol.

Joshua 24:14-15 (King James Version)

14Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.

15And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:40 AM   #4  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

1 Corinthians 13: 1-13

Love
1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:03 AM   #5  

Default Thanks

so much for all your responses. They were all good verses, of course! I used the one from Joshua when building my house. Before they laid the carpet, my 2 daughters and I searched through the Bible and found scripture verses for each room in the house. Then, we wrote them on the floor and let it become our constant, covered prayer to the Lord. Here's what we used:

kitchen-taste the Lord and see that the Lord is good. Psalm 34:8
living room-As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
hallway-For small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life and only a few find it. Matt. 7:14
1/2 bath-Therefore, in anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come. II Cor. 5:17
full bath-Cleanse my with hyssop and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Psalms 51:7 (we couldn't resist! )
Oldest DD bedroom-I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh to the Father but through me. Matt. 14:7
youngest DD-thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.Psalms 119:105
My bedroom-Jeremiah 29:11.

Have a blessed day. Thanks again for sharing!
Old 08-31-2005, 03:12 PM   #6  

I absolutely love the thought of putting these verses on each floor of the house. If I ever get my dream house that I will have built, I think I may have to "steal" that idea.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:49 AM   #7  

Mommyof2boys: Feel free to "steal" this idea! I'm more than glad to share. It was interesting to watch my DD's pick out their own verse. It was a great bonding time and teachable moment. God Bless.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:21 PM   #8  

Thumbs up focused

This is the mantra I live by and by the power of God it has transformed my
life. Where there is no vision the people perish. proverbs 29:18
for me that is the key having a game plan and knowing where I want to go
mentally, spiritually and physically.

have a vision
Old 09-14-2005, 01:01 PM   #9  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Isaiah 41:13 For I Jehovah your god am grasping your right hand, the One saying to you,'do not be afraid. I myself will help you.'

Job 14:14,15 If an able bodied mand dies can he live again? All the days of my compusary service I shall wait. You will call and I myself will answer you.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Arrow Favorite Bible Verses

Ecclesistes chapter 3 verses 1 through 8 (NAS Version)

1. There is an appointed time for everything. And a there is a time for every evernt under heaven -
2. A time to give birth, and a time to die; A time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted.
3. A time to kill, and a time to heal; A time to tear down, and a time to build up.
4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance.
5. A time to throw stones, and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, and a time to shun embracing.
6. A time to search, and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep, and a time to throw away.
7. A time to tear apart, and a time to sew together; A time to be silent, and a time to speak.
8. A time to love and a time to hate; A time for war, and a time for peace.

There has been a song made up of the above verses and I plan to have it sung at my funeral.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:54 PM   #11  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

1John 3:18

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

That's my favorite.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/149/135

Height: 5'7

This one just always spoke to me:

Psalms 25:20
Do guard my soul and deliver me. May I not be ashamed, for I have taken refuge in you.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #13  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

One that has always spoken to me is:
The LORD who created you says: "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. (Isaiah 43:1)
Old 12-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi,

Here is mine -

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose."

It helps with day to day struggles with 5 kids!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #15  
Dala

S/C/G: 167/162/140

Height: 5'6

Mine is "The King is enthralled with your beauty; Honor Him for He is your Lord." Psalm 45:11

The first time I read this was this past summer on a mission trip in Costa Rica, sitting on a bus going to our next ministry site. I started crying because for so long I'd felt ugly and fat and not good enough. To know that my Lord believes I am beautiful!!! Wow!! We are all fearfully and wonderfully made! I know the only way for me to lose weight the right way is to put it in God's hands, so here I am. And, praise the Lord, 5 lbs so far!!
Closed Thread