Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 08:47 AM   #121  
Quit counting at 45!

Lori: Wow! That sounds so good. I would love a night away with my DH. Enjoy it. You deserve it. Thanks for posting a picture of you and your family. It's nice to see who we're talking to.

Gary: Thanks for the dinner idea. I'm going to try it. Yesterday I put a roast in the slow cooker and then just had to cook potatoes and veggies when i got home. Really nice.

Not much happening here. Just work and then home to either relax or work on the quilt. I have it almost pieced together and soon will be ready for the stitching which is my favorite part. I love to do it in the winter.

We are joining our church membership this coming Sunday. We will be giving our testimonies that morning. We would like to ask for prayer for that because we're not really public speakers and would like to share what God wants us to. The people in our church are very friendly but there's just a fear of being up in front of everyone. Thanks!

Have a great day!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Wilma!

Thanks! We will enjoy it! Mom wants us to wait and use it after I lose more weight like in the spring, but we are going to use it during the holidays! Downtown is decorated and lit up so beautifully and I'm sure the hotel will be too!

I will pray for your testimonies on Sunday. I used to be petrified of speaking in front of people but when Mike was in 5th grade, 9 years ago, I taught at a Christian school for his tuition. We traveled to another school for a speech contest and I was one of the judges. I had to pray in front of a huge assembly and speak after all the contestants were finished - that pretty much cured me - I knew they were all Christians and wouldn't judge me - I prayed for peace, and surely our Lord gave it to me - you will do His will wonderfully!

Hi Everyone!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:56 PM   #123  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all

Still have the flu.... just not feeling good. But I have a prayer request for you all please. My mom's good friend Denise just found out that she has Ovarian Cancer and it's all happening so quickly. Not sure of the treatment options and all that, but she's very scared. Mom asked if i could have my "Praying Group" pray for her. So plese send healing prayers this way for Denise and prayers for her family. There are many other family problems, but really needing prayers for her health. Thanks guys! Big hugs, i'm going to go lay down now...
Old 10-25-2005, 03:49 PM   #124  

Smile hi everyone!

I have had a crazy couple of weeks and have not had time to post here. I have been reading everyone though when I get the chance. lots going on for sure.
I am doing a "regroup" week, trying to get focused on what I am eating and trying to honor the Lord with everything going in my mouth. so far so good, I just am trying to get control ( or actually let the Lord have the control) and not let the food "control" me!
Sounds like a lot of you have had a bad time with germs Hope you all are feeling better really soon.
I don't have too much time today as I am at work, but just wanted to get on and say a quick hello
I hope to have time to read everyone's posts and catch up and do some more posting my self. Later everyone
Sherie
Old 10-25-2005, 04:24 PM   #125  

Hi Michele,

Will definitely be praying for Denise - only the Lord can give her peace during this time. I'll pray you get to feeling better too!

Hi Sherie!

Hello to all you other chickies and roosters out there!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:52 PM   #126  
Thumper

Hi all,
coming back out of hibernation.... Been so busy....

Richard ran a 50k on Saturday.....he did 31-2/3 miles in 6:44 and I did 120 miles in 6 hours. I'm not fast by any means....I had the privilege of driving him to and from Huntsville State Park where the trail run was being held.

I have to admit, it will take me a couple of weeks to catch up on all the happening here....so bear with me.

Welcome to all the new people....

Hey Gary,
Congrats to USC.....But if you have to choose a team to root for, why not our Astros....? Things might look a little lopsided now, but they've faced worse before and come out ok.... GO 'STROS!!!!!

Lori,
Sorry about the Cardinals....but we'd love to have to rooting for us, at least you know we have a good team.

Well, got to run....DH is picking me up from work....silly me left the light on in my car and had a dead battery today...ho hum

Have a great evening - - - - - GO ASTROS!!!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:49 AM   #127  

Good Morning!

I'm new to 3FC, and have been trying to find my niche. I hope it's ok that I'm just jumping in here.

I've been doing WW Online for almost 3 years, and had lost 52 of my 70 pound goal, but have gained back 11 pounds since last Christmas. I'm determined to get back on track and get healthy!

I live in SoCal with my 2 poodles. I am 55, divorced after 22 years of marriage (long story), and have no children. I work for a public agency doing accounting, budgets and grants, and am active in my church, sing in the choir, and currently am busy with obedience classes with my 6 month old MiniPoo, Razzle. My other darling kid is a 6 year old Standard Poodle named Ruby. I'm sure you'll hear more about my kids as we go on.

Anyway, I hope to get to know you all as we support, encourage, and pray for each other along the way. Oh, and I'm just curious, how often do you begin a new thread?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:23 PM   #128  

Default It's Been A Long Time

Hello Everyone...

Where have I been? Here and there. Work changed and is changing again. Stress with a co-worker...oh well. Gaining weight back, DH is ok, went to the hormone dr and we have a plan worked out, did a tiny craft show and will do a big one in Dec.

How is everyone? Good grief...there are many new names.

Sunny...how are you sweet one? How is your health? Everyone has such lovely siggys...you are tooo kind. Did you ever keep up with that list of those who are on this forum? I'd love to have it so I can update myself.

Gary...pooches? Nikki is our love and she's just an angel. My Gary went deer hunting for 10 days down in AR and came back empty handed. I stayed home and took some days off work to get things organized in the house and prepare for that craft show. How's living in the north...assuming you moved already. The fam?

Michele...I know how you are...hopefully still not sick and if you are...get back to bed!

My daughter Jenny (28) is back home with me until her wedding in June of 2006. I do own a treadmill now and I enjoy being on it...still does not mean I eat what I supposed to. I'm up about 13 pounds of the 20 that I lost. How's that for emotions.

Well, since I'm at work and "should" be working, I will tend to those resposibilities.

Hugs...
Old 10-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #129  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

So happy to see you back MKay!!! And ya, i'm still feeling icky...

Jill!! Yes, please, any of you can jump right in, we love new people and we all need eachother. I hope this is the support you are looking for. I say woohoo to you for not giving up and jumping back on the WW bandwagon. I'm gonna jump on with you too.

I finally weighed myself yesterday and i guess i was a tad surprised, i was sure i was at my starting weight but i'm still down 11-12 lbs., but as soon as my appetite gets normal after this flu i'm going to get serious again about LAWL.

Prayers for all!!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:31 AM   #130  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking Hi All ! ! ! ! !

Well it's been a week since my last post and it didn't really take very long to get all caught up. Hope everyone is out exercising, eating right and enjoying the fall weather ! !

mom2five - really like your family photo, looks like your Mom & Dad are doing well in spite of their age! Mine are 72 (Mom) & 75 (Dad) and still get around real good for which I am VERY thankful. Congrats on your big 'win' and also your big 'loss' with LAWL. (the loss of course being the weight!!! you LOSER!) How much loss do you have now? In what, about a month or so?? Keep it up girl. . . your trip over the holidays should be very nice, everything all decorated, how long a drive will it take? You cracked me up when you described your bobbing for apples, - I haven't done that in years and probably would drown!!!

mitchypoo - how did the coffee date go? And the job hunting. . . probably at a standstill with the flu. . . get well soon okay? Prayers for Denise & family.

wilma12 - sounds like the quilt is coming along quite nicely. Is this part of C'mas for your DIL? Good to hear you're joining the local church, so good to be a part of the church community, prayers for your 'speech'.

EZ - guess you're happy today "SOX" !!!!! The tortilla recipe sounds yummy, bet my DD will love it so I'll have to try it soon. Guess I'll need the pozole receipe too, that sounds good. DD loves ALL mexican foods. Enjoy Okoberfest!

klemmie - sounds like you've got a good weight loss/eating plan - it's so had to discipline yourself, but no time like the present!

klynntx - way to go DH! Surely you didn't mean that you had walked 120 miles in six hours???? A typo I hope, otherwise I want to see proof, maybe a tape or sworn statement? Sorry about your Astros but hey, EZ's happy!

PooMom - WELCOME, we have a good little niche here. WTG with your WW ya just gotta get back on track. We have one toy poodle, Fifi, she's about 4 now and one fuzzy cat, Quizzie. Wondering about your obedience class, is this for you or Poo? Sometimes I wonder who is leading who??? I know our animals 'think' they own the house!

HELLO MKAY - glad to see you back. Come back and let us know what's going on with all the changes. Glad to hear DH is well and I do understand about the exercise but still not eating right - boy did you step on my feet there!!!!

PennyMac - I agree - GO BUCS !!!!

All for now, my boss just came back in so I guess I had better get back at it. Hope everyone is doing well, come back MIA's, where's SUNNYD? Anyone seen her or is she still off running around with Joe??? - Margie
Old 10-27-2005, 12:24 PM   #131  

Default Happy Noon

Well, 2 posts in a row...I'm good.

Wilma...hormone stuff...I did the saliva, urine, blood testing and they are putting me on a low dose progestrone for 12 days out of the month. Then, he's encouraging me to start a good multi-vitamin and to exercise more etc. and to do the Zone Diet...it's not one that drops you off the sugar immediately.

Changes at work...our director retired, a new secretary who came aboard not in the exact "union" way, she blames me for things I never said and now more new people to fill positions we had open.

Michele...Gosh, I think this "bug" is going to take its toll. Be thankful it didn't happen as you were starting a new job. That certainly wouldn't look good.

Ok...I'm sick and tired of screwing up and eating junk when I KNOW I'm not supposed to do that to my body.

I'd like to challenge us to praise & pray without ceasing for each and every one of us and for all of the blessings poured out on us and for the turmoil we must deal with every day thanking God for whatever circumstance we are in and that we know HE is taking care of it. Amen!

Tonight is fat class and I don't feel positive for any weight loss. I really would like to skip it and go get my Zone Diet book and start reading and planning my days ahead.

Hugs All!

I'm editing this to say that I just went back to some prior posts and I really felt loved and wanted with all of the b-day wishes. This is such a nice place to come and play. Thank you all. Michele...what a good voice you have. Thanks again everyone.

Hey Johnathan, I'm in MI as well. Grand Rapids

Now I forget...who got snow already. I DO NOT want the snow.

Hugs again!

Last edited by mkay; 10-27-2005 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Type O
Old 10-27-2005, 12:59 PM   #132  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all

Feeling better today, finally.

Margie, you asked about the coffee date. It went OK. No heart palpitations. We had coffee, sat and talked for about 1.5 hours, and he said he'd like to see me again. I said ok, but didn't see us dating. I haven't heard from him since, so whatever. Well, i did hear from him once, he was online and said he was happy to meet and he wanted to see me again, but nothing else from there.

Have to get busy today. Lot's to do. Will check back later.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:30 PM   #133  

Thanks for the welcome! It will take me awhile to get to know you all, and there’s so much history to catch up on, so I’m going to start fresh with today and take it one day at a time.

I work full-time, but am blessed to be allowed to telecommute in the afternoons, so it’s 7-noon in the office, and 1-5 from home. I love it and it allows me to be home with the puppy, rather than having him crated all day. He’s a long way from being trustworthy in the house.

This evening is choir rehearsal and a meeting prior. Our church choir director is retiring and I’m on the search committee to find her replacement. Tonight is our kick-off meeting.

Mary Kay, what kind of crafts do you do? I’ve always loved doing things with my hands, but I’m not terribly artistic. If I can see someone else’s project, I’m pretty good at copying though. Sorry to hear about your work stresses. I hope all the difficult situations are resolved for you soon.

Michelle, hope you’re feeling 100% really soon. I see on your bio that you do spinning. Is that like making yarn? Just curious. I have read about companies that will take animal fur and create yarn with it (I think they mix it with something more "traditional"). When I had all Razzle’s puppy fur cut off recently, I have to admit I saved it in case I wanted to use it for something. Sick, huh?

Margie, I think the Toy Poodles think they’re bigger than the big ones! The obedience class is for Razzie, but I’m the one who makes all the mistakes. Last night I told the assistant that I was afraid we were going to fail Beginner I, and he told me there was no failing, just the opportunity to repeat the class. When Razzle was 13 weeks old, his back leg was broken (my Standard Poodle stepped on him)... anyway, he was confined for 6 weeks, carried everywhere, and totally over-indulged. Man oh man, do we ever have behavior issues now!

Well, I’d better get back to work. See you later...
Old 10-27-2005, 05:14 PM   #134  

Hi Everyone!

Went to LAWL today and was down another pound. They measure you every month and I hadn't been measured since September 21 when I joined. I couldn't believe it, but I've lost 9 inches!! I was VERY excited! Most of it from my waist and hips!

POOMOM: I love this little group and I know you will too! I am 50 years old and been married for 28 years. We have five kids ranging in ages from 19 down to 7! The youngest 4 are adopted. We also have an assortment of animals of which our 3 dogs are my babies! So I HEAR YA on the doggie thing!

MICHELE: SO GLAD you are feeling better! The flu is nothing to mess with - keep resting when you can!

MKAY: I agree with you about praying for each other - I know I couldn't lose 145 pounds without His help, that's for sure.

MARGIE: Thanks for the congrats! I've lost around 16 pounds I think - it's the inches I was shocked about! That really excited me! That WAS funny about the bobbing for apples! I've been swimming since I was 3 years old and have never been afraid in water, but I sure felt like I was drowning!

KLYNNTX: I sure was rooting for your Stros after my Redbirds lost! I guess it wasn't our year, huh??

Hello to Everyone else! Hope you all are doing well on this fine Thursday afternoon~

Old 10-27-2005, 06:42 PM   #135  

Lori, I saw pics of Frosty and Taz on the pet thread on General Chatter. They are very cute! Did you see the pics of my two there?
Closed Thread