Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 06:49 AM   #61  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi Gang...

I'm just popping in to let you know why I havent been around... again!!! Joe has taken some vacation time and we are gone again this week... I will be back to catch-up with everyone & tell you all about our vacation the first chance I get, okay!!

I do hope this post finds everyone doing well... please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! *God Bless*

*Smiles*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-10-2005, 10:19 AM   #62  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Hope you and Joe are having fun together!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:18 AM   #63  

Hello sorry it has been a long time. but life has been really tough. I think I posted and let you know in April my Mom's house caught on fire and she was staying with me. Then I had surgery and my Dog was killed as I was trying to catch her (I couldn't move quick because of my surgey) It took 5 months to rebuild Moms house but she has been back two weeks and went for her monthy Dr. App. and the Dr had more bisopsy's done and her cancer is back. In the last year my Mom had treatment for throat cancer was told it was gone but had to go monthy for scopes and then lost her house just moved back and her cancer is back. They are removing her voice box on Thursday. And they will have bypass her breathing to a stoma in her neck. The surgery is going to be a life changing event. Please pray for her. And put her on your churches prayer chains. I know prayer carries us through. Her Name is
Frances Mills her surgey is at 8am thurs.

Thank you,
Sami
Old 10-11-2005, 11:08 AM   #64  

Default Hi!

Sammy- Glad your back, sorry for all the bad news! Lots of prayers coming your way for your mom, she has had a rough year, with all that has happened, sound like yours has had some ruts too! Prayers the surgery goes well on Thurs. and for healing. How is that grandbaby Chase doing? Getting big?
Mom to 5- Wow! So sad - Hard to believe people can be so evil to each other. But your right God is the only way to peace, they don't know Him. Pray for both the families of the victims, as well as the perpetrators they both need Him.
E.Z.- Hey big guy- I am sure she would, I do and I have been there a handful of times. Where abouts did she go? I never miss a chance at the Carribbean. My car ended up being $438. They gave me 10% of parts and 15% off labor which helped immensely.
Thanks for prayers for carol, basically no change, just keep praying as brain is considered still active, and was making small responses.
Jess- Wow! A missionary- cool the world needs more! Where abouts do you plan to go? Are you going with a group or on your own. Do you have a sending group? Just curious. I do a mission's trip every year with the youth group I help lead, where they go to nursing homes, and adult living homes, and present the gospel through music and skits. It goes over well! and they enjoy the kids.
Sunny- have fun and stay safe on your vacation.
Well camp is closed for the rest of the season till April 06 bummer, winter is fast approaching. cold and damp all week this week, lots of rain, but at least not snow. E.Z. where is the sun, send some of the heat! Gotta run, but hi to all I missed, and MIA"s God Bless!
Old 10-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #65  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

I'm in the middle of getting ready for work, but I have a second to post

Quick question -- my car is going to be in the shop for 2 - 3 weeks and I can't go to Curves until it is fixed. What are some things I can do at home to keep from gaining weight??
Old 10-11-2005, 03:49 PM   #66  

Default Hi Everyone

I just wanted to stop and say hello. I have just discovered this place! Was on THE SB site for 3 months, couldn't afford to stay. I have been on the SB since June 05 and have lost 15lbs. Started at 184 and am down to 169.
I actually started on the SB about a year and a half ago and fell off then decided to get back to business!
I am 49 years old will be "50" next June~married 28 years to DH Larry and have 4 grown daughters. Anneliese 27 (married to Brian, daughter Lauren 2 and baby on the way~due in Feb 06 they live in PA), Andrea 25 senior at UNCW(her major is Creative writing/Professional writing) will graduate in May 06 lives in Wilmington NC, Amanda 23 lives at home (Michigan) graduated in May 05 from Clearwater Christian College. She is working and trying to save up money to move back to sunny Florida! Amy 20 (soon to be 21 on November 9) shares an apartment with her BF Sarah, lives about 20 minutes away! Amy is a 1st year senior at Oakland University her major is English/minor History. She is planning on being a teacher/high school level. We have 2 cats, Jack a brown tabby and Jill an orange tabby!
I love the Lord and was excited to see that there was a place for me to be...you all seem to really be there for everyone with the prayers and encouragment. I know that that has made a big difference for me this time around on the beach!
Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.
Sherie-
Old 10-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone!

How are you all doing this Tuesday afternoon? Temps in the low 60's here and we are LOVING it! It's a gray day and for some odd reason, I LOVE gray and rainy days! My dad says I'm nuts - he's probably right! Maybe I should move to Seattle????

Went to LAWL today and down another pound!! I'm going to make it this time, I just KNOW it! By this time next year, I will be SO healthy!

SHERIE: WELCOLME! This is a wonderful group of people and I know you will love it here! My DH and I have been married 28 years also. Just celebrated our anniversary on Sept. 10. I just turned 50 in July, so we are pretty close in age too! I have 5 kids, the youngest who is only 7! We have one bio child, Michael, who is 19. The other four are adopted from various places around the globe.

SAMI: Will be praying for your mom and you - you have a lot on your plate, but God will give you peace and comfort -

Hi to SunnyD, Gary, Sue, Rachel, Wilma and everyone else I haven't seen in awhile!

Have a great week!!

Old 10-11-2005, 09:18 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

SHORT PRAISE REPORT!

I just wanted to share something with all of you. We take things to consignment shops for the kids clothing. We usually have a credit in the store and we buy larger clothing with the credit. This works great since we never have any $$$$ left at the end of the month. Well our usual consignment shop is under new management and the woman was SO rude to me today. She practically threw my stuff back over the counter at me. I had Barbie toys that hadn't been played with and everything.

So I took all my stuff and went to a different shop which pays you on the spot for your stuff - you don't have to wait for it to sell to get your $$$$. They were 3 1/2 hours backed up so I left the stuff and went home. In the meantime, I told Bob I needed to buy some groceries on Thurs. after LAWL. He said we didn't have much $$$ right now for the groceries because Mike needed shoes and jeans the other day. Well I panicked, because if I don't buy the diet stuff, I'll eat the bad stuff.

Do you know that when Bob went back to see about the clothing, they had a check for nearly $35.00 for us? I was so thankful! \O/ This will cover my fresh fruit and veggies for my LAWL diet!

See how God takes care of us???

Just thought I'd share!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:33 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 237/237/137

Height: 5'3"

Default New here....

Hello to all!

I joined yesterday, and spent this evening reading many threads through different groups. This is the place for me!

My name is Sue - live in Southern Nevada - married to Jerry for 6 years; I have 2 grown children -Veronica, age 37, and Anthony, age 32. Veronica and her husband Tony live nearby with 4 wonderful grandchildren of mine! Anthony and girlfriend Rachel live in Oregon with 1 wonderful granddog of mine!

I work in accounting for the police dept., but my passion is for Women's Ministry - very involved with women in our association and am also site coordinator for the soon-to-be Christian Women's Job Corps.

Weight has been an issue for me for more years than I care to admit - have tried most everything out there, only to get where I am today - at 229 pounds! Right now I am trying to monitor my carbs, AND my calories.

I look forward to getting to know each of you.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:48 AM   #70  
Jonathan

Default Happy Wednesday!!!

Hello everyone, Its been a couple of days since I posted last. Just want you all to know that you are all in my prayers!! I really appreciate every ones prayers and encouragement.
Sherri, welcome neighbour!! I too live in Mi, White Lake to be exact! Just around the corner from you!Well ,Praise the Lord, I made it to my first goal!! Weighed in monday at a measley 250!! Now the next step is 220! I cannot believe how much I had to be eating to keep my weight at 275 - 280. Ugh, how humiliating.
Rachel, are any of the Gracies in the UFC? I havent see them in soooo long, I don't know who is even in them any more.
Well, a group of 11 or 12 from my church are getting ready to leave for the Phillipines next week.I am so proud of them, they have raised well over $10,000 in the last five or six months in candy sales and pop bottle drives ! Godhas richly blessed thier labours! Pray for them as they minister to our mission churches and help with several building projects over there. All the funding for the trip and the building supplies has been raised by thier hard work!Not bad for such a small church! God Is Good!!
Well I better close it is getting late I have to get the buildingall closed up for the night.
God Bless you all!!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 08:30 AM   #71  

Hello everyone,
I try to check everydy, but not always possible. I have started my fall housecleaning,and my daughter and I are starting in on Christmas presents, we try and make as many as possible. We finally have the basement work done,and now I have a place to sew and work on craft items.
Welcome Sue, glad to have you join us. I also am a part of 2 Women's group, Aglow and the group at church.
Gary, ugh removing wall paper, we did that to our kitchen last summer. We had orange wall paper, we did not do that, and after 5 years of living here, One day I just couldn't stand it.
Mom2fivesweeties, I have several consignment shops and one resale shop run by charity that I go to. I so enjoy saving money and helping others at the same time. This can truely be a God send .
PennyMac
Old 10-12-2005, 08:59 AM   #72  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi all! Just a short message today. I've been having trouble getting on here. I think it's time to get a new computer!! I am keeping all of you (especially you SAMI) in my prayers today. I'll post more when I can.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #73  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

Hello to all newbies and welcome!!! Mom and I made it home safely last night. Very tired and my back is out and my ankles are swollen and hurting. So prayers please for relief of pain. More details of the trip later..have to go back to bed.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #74  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Wednesday

HI FOLKS

Not much new going on around here. Our furniture and some of my drywall gear, we left at our house in Washington, arrived safely yesterday. We will be giving our sofa and loveseat here to the family across the street and moving the new stuff into our living room. Angie just took "all" of her "country" decor/crafts down to church for the garage sale for our church school and pre-school on Saturday. She is re-doing the look of the kitchen, dining and living rooms~~ she brought home drapery samples for me to choose from on Saturday ~~LIKE I'M REALLY GONNA CARE WHILE THE USC GAME IS ON~~OR LIKE MY OPINION REALLY MATTERS! To be honest, she took the one I picked out under condsideration~~THEN~~ she bought the one she wanted! She won't tell me what they cost~~only that it is $$$ pricy. OH WELL~ that's what I get for selling her dream house out from under her

Ron brought home his first progress report of the school year~~ AAHHH! That nephew is gonna drive me Everyday all I hear is NO HOMEWORK~~humm, well, with an 1B, 1B-, 2C's, 1C-, and an F there PROBABLY should have been some studying going on!!!!!!!! Working on that the last two weeks in math, the F, now off to the other classes I guess.

SHERIE~ Glad to have you here. Your daughter's seem to be doing well. My daughter, 22, graduated from a Christian college here in San Diego last year, she is a research anaylst working with a company that is working with the Navy right now...she is doing research on Navy Seals and fighter pilots at the moment~~muscles and tissue wear and tear stuff. My son is a first year teacher at a new high school in our area. He teaches USA History to juniors and Government/Economics to seniors. I also have a step daughter, a senior in high school, working as an intern for our local congressman, on the phones and guardian to my 14 almost 15 yr. old nephew.

RACHEL~ How is the NO SMOKING going? Prayers!

LORI~ Great news on the clothes and toys for your family!! Super on the LAWL also~~ you are really on the right track girl! As far as moving to Seattle...humm??? Ever been there? It's a cool place when the weather is nice...I had friends and Angie's sister and husband lived there for 5 years...they just couldn't take the wet days any more. It finally got to them. Hope those kids are doing well! Prayers.

MICHELE~ HOME!! AWW! CALIFORNIA Glad you and your mom are safely home.

WILMA~ Sorry your computer is letting you down. Hope the boys and work is going great...and the new daughter!

PENNY MAC~ We just had to remove a border so it wasn't too bad. Angie said no more borders for awhile though. we got the ceiling all painted without any problems and the new can light covers all installed. Great job having the basement for all your craft work! Have a great time with your daughter making "MEMORIES"!

JONATHAN~ Prayers for your churches mission work in the Phillipines. One of our past vicars and his wife have been in Tawain for the last 4 years.

SEWING SUE~ You are kind of near me~ I live north of San Diego, my wife and I will be going to Las Vegas next month, my daughter has a conference there for work, we will drive her there and play while she works I love the granddog! We have two golden retrievers---what a (enjoyable) pain they are!!

GRAPHICGODDESS Have a great little vacation with Joe~~ who's watching the boys?

SAMI~ PRAYERS~PRAYERS~PRAYERS for your entire family!

AUNT SUE~ HERE YA GO~~ ENJOY. Angie went to western Carribbean~ Grand Cayman Island, Cozumel, Costa Rica and Columbia. She loved it and wants to go back. Glad you got a little break on the car repairs...don'tcha just hate car work! Continued prayers for Carol. Enjoy our neice

Well Angie is cooking Pozole tonight for dinner...gotta go get my shower.

Prayers for all and for the MIA'S come on back anytime!

Gary
Old 10-12-2005, 08:26 PM   #75  
Jonathan

Wow ,it is great seeing all the new faces around here! Welcome!!!
Good news, I weighed in this week and am down another lb. That means..... drum roll please, I Get To Start On The Next Part Of My Goal!!!!! Ya Baby,Ya.(I am dancing jig right now, see!......Hey quit with the laughing Gary, I know it don't look pretty, but it does burn them calories!LOL)
Seriously, last night at work I picked up a 25 lb. bag of dog food toput on the shelf when I realized " Wow this is what the weight feels and looks like that I have lost! "I may as well have just tied that sucker to my back and lugged it around24/7. What an object lesson! I think I will repeat it every 5 to10 lbs lost from now on. I was also going through my dresser drawers this last week and found my size 38 jeans and size L golf shirt that I wore 4 1/2 years ago.Now I am in 44 jeans and 2XL shirts. those 2 articles of clothing are now hanging on the bedroom door where I can see them everyday.I will be wearing them again some time this next Feb! Woo-hoo ,being loser is great. Keep up the good work everybody!
Love and prayers.
Closed Thread