Old 06-20-2005, 07:40 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #205 ♥

WELCOME!
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-20-2005, 10:18 AM   #2  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

OMG SUnny, i just noticed your signature and woohoo sweets, you are down to 188!!! I'm so proud of you, you just plug along and never give up. I'm going to use you for inspiration today.

I only worked Saturday and had Sunday off, but i left my debit card at work on Sat. so it gave me a good reason to go back on Sunday and then I had a glass of wine and sat and knit awhile. I'm going to start keeping track of my projects and i'll post some pics.

TOM came and yesterday was pretty bad, just not feeling great. Today should be better. Doing OK on being OP, not perfect, but pretty good. But I haven't gone to WI and I really need to do that.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:04 PM   #3  

Default Hi there!

I am doing good, caught a cold but starting to get over it. I was beginning to think it was time to start building an ark, we have had rain every day for the better part of a month now. Part of the thruway washed out, so that was closed there are still lots of roads damaged and closed for at least another week, there was a small town near us just about devistated. It washed away alot including their water lines. Just bizarre weather. I went camping for the wekend, survived another weekend of rain, but it was fun. Went to Nieces and nephews award show, they both did well. I am still waiting on news of when we go to China for the baby. But over all everything is good.
Mitchy- your feet looked reallys ore in that pic.
Mnewton- Thanks! However I thank you have me confused with someone else. I am single and my birthday is in Oct. But Thanks anyway, would be nice to have a hubby, but the Lord hasn't blessed me in that dept. But He blesses me more than I deserve in all others. Prayers for Channon that the infection is healed.
Karla/Marykay/Margie - Hi there!
E.Z.- Safe travels to Washington, will try to get a small package out to Juan and his buds. They are the best our armed forces.
Teel- Happy Birthday.
Hi to eveyione else. time to leave for work, gotta work days tom. so have an awesome day!
Old 06-20-2005, 01:44 PM   #4  

Wink Belated Birthday Wishes, Wilma!!! June 12th!

TO YOU...
TO YOU...
DEAR WILMA... ...
TO YOUuuuuuuuu!

and many more...

I hope you had a *WONDERFUL DAY*!
and
That you will have Bestest year ahead!

Belated Birthday {{{Hugs}}},

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-20-2005, 01:47 PM   #5  

Wink Belated Birthday Wishes, Teel!!! June 16th!

TO YOU...
TO YOU...
DEAR TEEL... ...
TO YOUuuuuuuuu!

and many more...

I hope you had a *WONDERFUL DAY*!
and
That you will have Bestest year ahead!

Belated Birthday {{{Hugs}}},

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-20-2005, 02:31 PM   #6  

Default Catching up... again...

Okay gang... I went all the way back from my last post to you on May31st! Because I had not responded to you in the post after that - I just filled you in on all my business... now I want to take a moment w/ you. I sure have missed you!!! I really didn't mean to be away so long, it just flew by!!! I just cannot believe all the STUFF we have going on, I am exhausted... but am so glad for my health that I may enjoy all we are doing. I finally called my Dr. & I go on August 8th for a FULL Physical... hopefully, she'll have only GOOD news for me

My parents are doing very well today! Yeah!!! I spoke to my Father yesterday for Father's Day and he was having a good day and his feet are almost all healed up now. And my Mother is doing well and still under Dr's care for her Bile Duct, she has passed the stone that was causing the pain but is now on meds for guess what!? IBS! ( gee, I wonder where I get it from... both my parents have it!) She is also on a very low fat diet and is doing very well. Thank-you again for all your beautiful thoughts & prayers for them!

Well CER's... I am now connected with SBCYahoo! DSL and so happy with it!!! I am amazed with the speed. I load graphics now in a blink and the DSL will make posting so much easier... no waiting! Yeah! It took me some time to get everything switched over, but all is flowing nicely now

*~*~*

Hi Sue,NICE PICTURES!!!!! LOVED them ALL!!! Your niece is a real Cutie-Beauty!!! I am so happy to hear that your niece's prom went so well and that she had such a memorable time! I am a big fan of that purple - it's my birthstone color What is her name? I think you told me once, but I have forgotten... And that baby!!! I bet you cannot wait to see her in person!!!

I bet you are enjoying the weekends and your camping... we sure had a beautiful day here yesterday! Finally! Joe & I got all our annuals at 1/2 price on Saturday and then spent the whole day yesterday planting them... NOW it feels like summer is finally here! Actually tomorrow (Our 30th Anniversary ) it is the First Day of Summer, so at least we got them all in before then You made privacy drapes for your screen house... how are they workin' for ya

That is too cool that you also watch *NCIS* too - yeah, it will interesting to see what happens next w/o the 'Kate' character, the writers were shocked at the HUGE response they got from their last show, being it wasn't a real person. But they also said that - it's why their show is so popular ---> people get so into the show they forget that these are characters! Kate was so good! The others are *Ducky* - *McGee* - *DiNozzo* - *Abby* & *Gibbs* As for *CSI* Miami - I still haven't seen it I have it on tape, but have not taken the time to watch it yet. So it looks like Calli will be leaving too... wonder why? During the summer months Joe & I hardly watch TV shows... it's when we catch up on all the movie rentals Although, last Sunday we began watching that Mini-Series *Into the West* produced by S.Spielberg... it's on TNT every weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun beginning at 6pm, I think)---> Good program!

Me neither, sweetzzz... Joe & I live in a Manufactured Home only worth about $65,000.00, so a home that size for such a young couple is something special. Then again... her father-in-law is a "home builder", so that helps cut the cost. The home is worth that much, but they DID NOT pay that much to have it built... it probably costs them 1/2 the amt. to build.

Hi Myisha, Oh... Wonderful news about the job!!! How is it going for you today? I have missed you all as well... I am sorry to have been away for so long. I am so happy to hear that Channon made it through her surgery okay... Praise the Lord!!!! I will keep her in my continued Prayers - especially as she recovers... poor sweetz, my heart goes out to her as she suffers.

Your time at the beach sounded so nice... I could just picture it all from your post. I LUV the beach! If the weather is nice this coming weekend (our FIRST weekend to ourselves in almost 2 months!), maybe Joe & I will take some time to go there! It's his 52nd Birthday on the 25th... and he's taken off on Friday & possibly on Monday for a long weekend. That will be so nice.

YES! Wasn't that movie *National Treasure* good! I really liked it also. Joe & I did catch another movie this past Saturday evening---> *Electra* with Jen Garner... have you heard of it? It was really good! Much better then I thought it would be... I watched it because I really like Jen Garner, and she didn't let me down... she's so good in *Alias*.

As for your trip to Africa... it's almost time... And I am sure that your children will be just fine with all those loving people surrounding and caring for them. You will go and have a Great time! Take allot of pictures!!

Hi Michele,*Thank-you!* It is slow coming off, but I just keep on truckin' everyday and watch my calories. I eat several times a day, but in "very small amounts" and I feel better for it too. I will keep you in my prayers as you begin again... it is tough getting started again after being on vacation, isn't it? But you will do it...

I bet that your cousins afghan is beautiful... and that she'll just luv it!

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great start to your Ca. vacation "weather-wise", but it sure does look like you had a GREAT TIME with your family!! I enjoyed all the pictures you posted, I felt like I was there in the pic of the mountains!! Just Beautiful!!! Looks like the weather cleared for you I am not the least afraid of snakes, I grew up around them So that was a cool picture too!

Hi Gary,Congrats to Amanda and her new job and to Lara for going to Germany - COOL!! So you are leaving for Wa... I hope you will be back soon, now that I am back you are gone So much happening in your life too!! what's going on??!! I hope that things will settle for you real soon. That's allot of change!!! Come back soon and with some pics of your new home That pic of your *furry kids* is great - they are just Beautiful!!!!

I just read about Angie getting attacked by a student?!!! How is she feeling today? I do hope she is feeling better and I am so sorry that teachers have to go through that! They are so Special!!

*Thank-you* so much for all the SPECIAL WISHES you sent our way for our 30th and for Joe's B-Day!!! I so appreciate them and have missed you (all) so much!! Joe isn't keeping me from the puter right now - LIFE is... I will do my bestest to be back more often, I promise you It feels nice to be missed... I did have a bad spell last week where I cried my eyes out for a good hour... I cannot remember the last time I did that I just felt so overwhelmed with everything I had to get done and the places we had to be. I really needed a break and will be getting it this week and into the weekend. Joe is taking off tomorrow & we will have a easy very enjoyable day together. Then we'll be going to dinner with Joe's sister, Anne, & her hubby, Mike, for our 30th Anniversary... that'll be great! The restaurant is a Fondue restaurant... a bit retro coming back, huh... Fun!!

I'm so glad to hear that all went well with your party for the kids... I am so sorry I have not been around much, but I hope to be now that the Wedding for our nephew has come and gone by, we had allot of family around and so many happenings... you know how it is with large Italian families. It sure was a Beautiful Wedding, but he reception was HOT & MUGGY! It was outdoors (5:30pm) and we had 94* temps w/ as much humidity - it was oppressive to say the least. Many didn't know it was going to be outdoors and left early. But I read the invite and wore a sundress and did okay. I really felt bad for the bride, groom and wedding party - they were all sweating so much! One guy passed out from the hear & drinking combo... he was okay once we got the vest and jacket off him. And now the weather is perfect!!! 75* clear & sunny.

Thanks for Juan's Address... I will try to get something out to him They all need to know we are thinking of them!

Hey there Big Guy! I see you had a FEW Ca earthquakes! What's happening??? !!! Ohhh... I know why... it's all you Californian's movin' & groovin' ... chill a little bit, will ya... your scaring people Hope that it's calmed down a bit now... My girlfriends daughter is terrified! She's suppose to move to Ca. in August.

No veggie garden for us this year --- we were way too late this year But we are going to build the framing for it so we will have it all ready for next year. All I'll have are my herbs for this year... I will sure miss the fresh tomatoes! I luv the Big Boy tomatoes!

Joe & I are still walking in the mornings, but cannot do 5K's ... they are always held on a Sunday's here and we have church then. But we are still walking every morning (but Sunday's). Right now we walk 1.50 miles each day and nothing more other then our very busy lives lately. I am toning up - I can see it now & am still dropping weight (slowly) which is nice.

Glad you are enjoying *NCIS* I knew you would!!! Sorry if I spoiled things for you... but I had mentioned *Kate's* death quite a few times now... before you began to watch it. Oh... and thanks for letting me know that the character *Kate* will not be coming back... now I am really bummin'

Hi Jenni, So much GOOD NEWS!!! Nice to see... I am so happy to read your good news about your thyroid tests results!!!! I pray you will continue to stay in good health!! *Congrats* to your DB and his wife on their new baby news!! How exciting for your family

Are you on summer vacation from school now? Bet that you & the kids are lovin' that Going to the beach or pool? I don't know what your weather is doing in Fl... still getting hit with that storm? Arlene?

I am so glad you are enjoying your siggy How is the potty training going for your son? You do know that it usually take the boys a bit longer to train then girls. My sis-in-law had 5 boys... I know! I was the one helping to train them. They play hard and don't want to stop what they are doing for something as trivial as going potty

Hi Wilma, WoW! You are doing great with your weight loss!! I WISH I was one-hundred-fifty anything!!!I You keep up the great job !!!!

I do hope that you are doing well after losing your Dear Father... I thought of you this past Sunday, being it was Father's Day... Hugs for you... (((Wilma))).

I do hope you had a nice birthday celebration with your family... I am so very sorry I wasn't here to give you my special wishes sooner! I knew it was your birthday and said a little "Happy" prayer for you I just couldn't get on the puter!

I read that you had to have a talk with your employees... did it all go well?

Hi Jackay, I am so glad to hear that you had such a nice B-day! How is your Dear Father doing today?

Hi MKay, I LUVVVvvvved the pictures you posted of your DD's engagement party! Thank you so much for sharing them! Beautiful family!!! It will be a Beautiful Wedding!

How are you and Gary doing these days??? How is he healing? How are you feeling? I am so sorry I haven't been around lately, it's not like me to let so much time get past me before stopping by - it's just been so overwhelming for me these days with all that has been going on here.

Hi Teel,I am so very sorry to hear of your mother and her stay in the hospital! I hope that by this time she is continuing to do better now that she is home How's your little *Holly* doing today??

I am so happy to see that you like your siggy... it looks good on you too! How have you been? Did you have a nice B-Day??? I see that you will be going on vacation to Scotland soon?? I bet you are so excited!!!

Hi Margie, Looks like you are doing a great job with your walking!! You said your mileage is low... look at mine! Joe & I have 15 miles in right now for the month of June and that's not high at all, but we are out there every morning by 5:15am and I am seeing benefits for us both! Joe's BP is back to normal and I am seeing some results in how my clothes are fitting... nice! Plus I have been so kept very busy elsewhere, so that is helping too. Soon I will be helping my girlfriend out with her hubby's 50th birthday celebration. She works full-time and doesn't have allot of time to get invites done and plans made, so I am helping her. She's planning a *Christmas in July* party for him and everything will be decorated for Christmas... so that's gonna be fun. So I will not be seeing anything near 40 miles for the month

So how's Summer going for you so far? Still walking with Fred?

Lori(Nelly)
I do hope you will return... I noticed you posted only once, but haven't been back. Summer does keep you busy How are you doing on your program??

Hi Rachel, I just Luved all the pictures of China!!!! So did my hubby!!! Impressive!!! And you are a Doll and YES, I see how "red faced" you are... that looks like quite a climb! How thrilling that trip had to be for you!!! I am so glad that it was all you hoped it would be and then some!

What happened as far as you getting your scholarship for school? Any news?

Hi Christy, It's so good to see you pop in when you can... I know the feeling, time keeps on ticking no matter how we try to slow it down How are the staples working for you?? I never heard of that for wt-loss

How is your DF, Mike who fell off the horse doing??? I pray that he is recovering okay.

Hi Karla, How nice to see you pop in too!! I just began a new thread... I hope you come back again soon now that you have your computer!

Hi Deb (Garsony), How nice to see you back! But I was sorry to hear how ill you've been... so much of that going around. A few weeks ago I got hit with the flu-bug myself - lasted 4 days. And I don't think it matter's what your wt. is to be anemic... have you gone to the Dr?

*~*~*

God's Blessing on you all and know that you are
always in God's thoughts
*Smiles*

<><
Old 06-21-2005, 09:12 AM   #7  
Quit counting at 45!

Thanks Sunny for the birthday wishes. I had a very quiet, relaxing birthday.

My mom is doing really well. We went to see her last weekend. She has her moments but then that's to be expected. She's a strong lady and likes to keep herself busy. I think that's what gets her through the day.

You're right. I did have to talk to one of my tellers and she didn't like it. But, she did improve her behaviour and I told her yesterday that I had noticed the improvement and thanked her. I think she was a little surprised and hopefully things will continue to go better. My new assistant started yesterday so now I'm back to training someone as well as doing my own job. It's a little hectic but this gal is going to work our really well I think. I think we'll get along as coworkers. She's really upbeat and friendly.

Sue: We've had gorgeous weather here the past week but there's been tornadoes, strong winds and flooding over the prairies here in Canada. It's really wierd. I am enjoying the sunshine though and hope it stays around for a little while longer.

Just noticed the time. Better get to work.

Have a super day everyone.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:35 PM   #8  
Walking Off The Pounds

Exclamation Tuesday. . .

Busy, busy. . . sounds like everyone these days. . . just the busy days of summer! Boy it's HOT here and suppose to get VERY humid by the end of the week (don't like it at all! ), have to work Saturday evening and there's a little town fair going on here so I suppose we'll be getting a lot of calls for heat exhaustion. . .

Christy - I'm wondering also how's Mike's doing? Give us an update please. . . continued prayers for he and his family.

SunnyD - you sound like an EXTREMELY BUSY LADY! Glad you were able to eek out a few minutes for us, we do really miss you around here. Sounds like your Mom & Dad are doing better, PTL, and Joe too!! Fred and I are still walking, I have 35.97 miles for June, Fred's at 62.5. He said he would double whatever I walked this month, so I think I'm a little ahead of him - for now. I know. . . I need to get into my siggy and figure out how to post it. . .I'll do it soon, I promise!

mnewton - more prayers for Channon, glad to her that it's all going well, God is Good. Is she home now?

wilma - glad to hear things are going smoother at work, hopefully the newbies will work out and all will run well.

mitchypoo - awesome CA pics, like the butterfly idea for the wedding too, weddings aren't so 'traditional' anymore! By the way, where's that afghan pic? I know what you mean on John (yeah, whatever), Fred seems similar, great conversationalist but whatever is 'suppose' to be there just isn't, however I do enjoy his company and his motivation to keep me walking.

EZ - Thanks for the address for Juan, I'll try to get him out something too. I'll post Adam's address once he's back in the sand, he get's lots of boxes (mainly because we have a large family) but he does really well at sharing them with all the guys in his tent (about 20).

You'll have to watch more of the Jets this fall, Chad Pennington is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I don't know what you saw/heard but he's VERY community oriented and kid oriented, comes back often for football camp, etc. He's very much a team player kinda guy, - besides he's not too hard on the eyes either!

As for me, I'm a Bears fan and just remember, we're still 'rebuilding' from the '85 season . . . .

wkgirl/Karla - body for life, is this a plan you follow by yourself or do you go to meetings or a gym??? I guess you've figured out we don't have that around here. What do they base this on, diet? Exercise? Glad it's working for you, - maybe I'll have to check it out some more.

teel - How's your Mom doing? Better I pray! Only 2 weeks to Scotland - I'm just green with envy! Hope you plan on taking lots of pics!!!

doitforme - Any travel plans yet (China)? I bet you and your family are so anxious for that little one, especially with the pictures there tempting you. Enjoyed all the prom pics, such a great time to remember, enjoy and look back on.

Well, better go, the boss is here now. Hugs and prayers to all, hope everyone is enjoying a great Tuesday - Margie
June miles walked = 35.97
Total since 4.4.5 = 145.87
Old 06-21-2005, 07:06 PM   #9  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Poppin' in for a quick second! Our computer has been down for a while, so I've been busy doing English and Public Speaking homework. I can't wait until Summer school is OVER!! WOO HOO!

Anyways, I finally loaded most of my pictures on Yahoo! photos. Here they are, if you guys wanna look at 'em!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lateralus98/my_photos

See ya later. I have gained two pounds this month, but I will keep working at it. I want to be down to 135 by August 2006, when I graduate from the community college with Associate's in Liberal Arts. I'm just chuggin' along!

Bye everyone!
Old 06-22-2005, 01:09 AM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

BEEN SO BUSY GETTING READY FOR WASHINGTON...leaving in Wed. morning around 5am...should be able to check in maybe this week-end from my friends house...should be a week or two for our internet service.

Asking for prayers for a safe trip...giving you all..ALL OF MY PRAYERS!, Gary
Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Cool Hi!

Hello Everyone!
Glad to see you back SunnyD!

I see you are all keeping busy this month!
Happy Belated birthdays to you June babies!
MargieB--BFL is a program/challenge that I heard of at the gym ? or by word of mouth...I am just doing it by the book -BFL by Bill Phillips and also asking questions of people I meet who've done it previously, I think you only need the book..there is also a website..It involves eating protein/carbs together in smaller portions 6x a day and cardio 3x a week (only for 20 mins..but interval training) and weights 3X a week (about 45 min session)
So far it has been working out for me!

Ive been away from the computer as Im currently at Dh parents house and just travelled to a wedding...I also was on a 10 day partial fast with our church to pray for our nation (didnt really go with my BFL eating program but Oh well..)
And hurt my back a week ago..prayers for speedy recovery would be great .....

Hope you all have a great morning/evening....i need to hit the hay as my ds been getting up at 6 am lately...

Take care

God works all things according to the counsel of His will. Eph 1:11

Karla
Old 06-22-2005, 10:19 AM   #12  

Smile

Hello CER's!

Gary...
Wishing you a good, SAFE trip!!! You & Angie are in my Prayers!!!! I'm anxious to hear from you again and how everything is going for you in your travels

You are so very welcome Wilma, I am so happy to hear that it all worked out with your employee and your chat... and I think you are a super boss! I liked that you acknowledged her when she did well. I would have done the same See... you are great at this job! I will keep you and your new assistant in my prayers... may you work well together... it will make a world of difference for you --- you can help make one anothers daily load easier to handle.

And to hear that your mother is doing so well is great! I pray that she'll continue to do well...

Hello Sue, I think you snuck in there while I was writing my post I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling very well --- feel better soon... huggzzz (((Sue)))

You sound like my sister - She lives in Maine and they have been up to there ears in water!! She is bummin' too - she opened her pool and it has been too cold and wet to use it! I am so sorry to hear of that small town and their problems... I pray that noone has been seriously hurt!

We are having some awesome weather here! Just perfect! It's 67* right now, but we are looking for highs in the high 70's with very LOW humidity and a soft breeze - just beautiful! It looks like you may have a great camping weekend coming up

to your niece & nephew!!!

Hey there Margie girl... good to see you too I'm so very sorry if it seems that you (all) are not important ---> it's so NOT true - I think you all are the best and speak of you often to my friends here (maybe too much ) I really don't mean to be neglectful of all my Dear Friends here... some days... I really try my best... Now it's much easier with the DSL - it moves so fast, no waiting for the graphics to load or anything! I LOVE IT! I got it to make it easier to stay in touch, and am so glad I got it!

I have in 18 miles so far for June ---> you impress me girl!!! *GOOD JOB!!!* I hope to increase the miles a bit more come next month, but at this point I am taking it a day at a time. We have another very busy month coming up in July (another BIG family Wedding! Many coming here from CA for this one!!).

As far as your siggy... it really isn't that hard at all But don't worry 'bout it really... I sent it because you asked for is, not to pressure you in any way

Rachel... I LUVED ALL YOUR CHINA PICTURES!!!! Just Beautiful!! The only thing missing for me, was *knowing what the pictures were of* I knew of the Wall, but not much about the other pics. You did a BEAUTIFUL JOB taking those pictures!! I cannot wait to show them to my Joe - he really likes to see pics like those! I am so glad you had such a good time! Memories to last a lifetime!!

Good luck with school!!! Just do your best and soon you will be all finished

Hello Karla, Good to see you too sweetz... I will keep you in my Prayers for that bad back of yours --- I know the feeling and so does my hubby Feel better soon! May you have a wonderful time at the Wedding!!!

Michele, How are you doing today? Doing okay on your LAWL program?

*~*~*

It was our 30th Anniversary yesterday And we had a very relaxed and refreshing day *at home* didn't go anywhere till dinner - the weather was Beautiful!! Perfect, in fact We just putts around in our yard all day together... went for a nice walk, talking about what we want to do in the future together - that kinda stuff... Then we met Joe's sister, Anne, & hubby... Mike, for dinner at a Fondue Restaurant --> that was FUN!!! And what Great tasting food & company!!!! It really felt great to have a kick-back day like that... actually, it is pretty quiet all this week & weekend and I am loving it!!!

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-23-2005, 12:06 AM   #13  

Default Hi there!

I am feeling a little better, still congested, but at least some of the rain has stopped, suppose to be nice all week. Sunny-Thanks! My niece's name is Kristie Leigh she leaves for China on July 24th as a junior ambassador, she will be there for 17 days, she is so excited, she had to raise $6000 to pay for the trip and she was able to PTL through a pizza sale and donations, bottle drive, and donations from church ect. We have a tentative date for leaving on 7/14 so she will probably not see her mother for 5 weeks, she leaves just before we come back, this is making her think about how far away she wants to go for college next year. My privacy drapes worked out good, keep the wind down. Glad all are feeling better, prayers your physical goes well, I just had a physical last month and had no issues.
Wilma- Happy belated birthday! I think I already said Happy Birthday but I'll say it again, so glad things going well at work. Wow- I don't think of Canada as place having tornados and prairies, more like Kansas.
Margieb- Yes! We can't wait to go get that baby, we should be leaving 7/14 that is the tentative day, it will firm up in the next couple days. It will be so nice to see her and hold her, although I am sure she will be scared at first.
Lateralus- Loved your pics, now I have an idea of what I'll see, thanks. How long before summer school is over?
E.Z. Prayers that you guys arrive safely with no travel problems and that you get internet connectyion quickly.
Mnewton- How is that baby doing (Channon) prayers still going out to her!
Hi to all mia's gotta go to bed its geting lady. See ya!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:43 AM   #14  
Walking Off The Pounds

Cool . . . it's quiet here. . .

Good morning to all. . .

garsony - sorry to hear you've been ill. How long have you been anemic? I remember growing up my oldest brother had to take B12 shots and I thought that would just be awful. Hopefully you'll be up and well again soon.

doitforme - how's your Mom & Dad since the storm? Hope all's well there. Glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better also, gotta get well soon. 7/14 is BABY DAY!! That's awesome. How long do you guys expect to be gone? Hey, that's 2 weeks from today!!! I'm excited for you!

mkay - good news on dear hubby's heel, - hope all is well with you as things slowly return to 'normal'. Why are you going to Indy? Vacation/work? Perhaps you've said and I've just missed it. . . We're about 5 hours from Indianapolis, last time there we had a tornado and my DD doesn't ever want to go back!

mitchypoo - your sunburnt feet looked mighty sore but hey, , , wasn't it worth it? Glad to hear you're all better. I can wear sandals to work but I know if I don't 'tie' something on, then I would be running around barefoot in a heartbeat. At home it's always sandals, flip-flops or plain ole barefeet for this country girl!

mnewton - I too am looking for an update on Channon. Last we heard she had an infection, is she home now? Doing better I pray. We'll be keeping that sweet little one in our continued prayers.

karla - are you doing good on the Body For Life? How long have you been on this program? I'm looking for a book when we go to the mountains, perhaps this would be something I would have a chance to read. . . .

EZ - we'll miss you!!! Prayers Big Guy. . .

wilma - glad to hear your mom is doing okay. How long were your parents married? I'm sure it must be so hard on her, continued prayers for you and her. I work with a lady 82 years young (actually 82 & 1/2), works a 40 hour week and gets around better than a lot of 40 year olds I know, - maybe this working thing isn't so bad for us???

Fred and I are still walking, I have 40.97 miles this month, Fred has 72.5 (says he'll double whatever I get and he wants to get 100!). Asked me if I would make a cobbler if he picked the black raspberries behind his house (like that's a real question!?!), so I took him a warm cobbler and he gave me another bag of berries. Guess I need to clean out the freezer for black raspberries, blackberries coming on and then the garden. We should have fresh tomatoes by the end of next week (yummmmm!)

It's so hot and dry here (no rain for over a week), and we're suppose to be getting the heat wave the most of the country will be seeing for the next week or ten days, 95+, no rain, hopefully it won't ruin a lot of gardens.

Better run for now, boss is here going through the supply room??? Wonder what's up. Have a great Thursday, hugs & prayers, missing our MIA's - Margie

June miles walked = 40.97
Total miles since 4.4.5 = 150.87
Old 06-23-2005, 09:06 AM   #15  

Default Yum! Margie

Blackberry cobbler, My mom makes fruit cobbler, my favorite is blueberry but blackberry would do just fine. Yea! 2 weeks and we should be gone two weeks. Sounds like things are still going well with fred, we actually have had 3 days with no rain. Maybe things will start drying out, the rivers are all really high. Fresh veggies sound so good, tomatoes and corn, just love summer. You have an awesome day. see ya!
Closed Thread