Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/199

Hi all! I'm new here and I'm looking for some support, accountability and most of all, prayers! I am a wife, and a mom to Katie (14) and a parttime RN. I have lost and gained weight all my married life. I am a diabetic and have a history of heart disease in my family. I am not a very vain person, but would love to get healthy so I can see my child grown. In the past week, I have cut out all white bread, rice, potatoes, and all sweets. I guess that means all simple carbohydrates. And I am drinking tons of water. I'm trying to wean off Diet Coke!! This is a hard thing for me! I have an incredibly supportive family and church family, too. I'm looking forward to meeting y'all! Chris

Last edited by katiesmom710; 06-23-2005 at 01:12 PM. Reason: trying to get my progress bar to show!!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:34 PM   #17  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Welcome Chris!!

Chris, Welcome to 3fc and Christian Encouragers, i think you've come to the right place. Thank you for sharing a little about you. Let us know how we can pray for you or support you.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:38 PM   #18  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

May I join this group as well....

I'm Amanda, I'm 24, and really need some Christian support system in my weight loss challenge.....I know that I won't be able to do this on my own strength alone.

I've read some of the past posts, and you all are so encouraging of each other, and that's a wonderful thing to see!!!

I'm just starting out...trying to lose about 15 or 20 Lb's by September....in time for my sisters wedding. I'm a Bridesmaid...so it's picture taking time, and I can't stand the sight of myself in pictures these days!

Keep me accountable please!! I also was just recently diagnosed with IBS, and have gained alot of weight due to the medications and junk that they put me on. I have decided that I won't take perscription meds anymore, as they make me feel worse, and I'm going to deal with it the natural way, with herbs and things that are actually good for me, and don't have so many ide effects.

Yyour posts are an encouragement to me!!! I look forward to getting to know you all better!
Old 06-23-2005, 11:51 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Smile

Welcome Chris!
Congrats on your progress this week!
What do you do as a RN?
Im a Resident Care Aid and was working in mental health (mostly schizophrenics) but am taking a few years off to be with my son...I really miss it though..

Welcome Amanda!!
Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!! I am also trying to slim down for my sisters wedding in a MONTH and I know everyone will be looking at her in her hotness...but Id like to feel good about myself...and look good for my hubby. Im on another thread 22 yr old looking to lose....on the buddy forum...we try to keep each other up pn food/exercise so youre welcome there too!!

[Hello to everyone....[/hope its sunny where you are..its raining here!! Just drove our 11 hours home...at least there wasnt much construction or moose/elk on the road..did see some bears though...
Have a good night/morning!
PS MArgie--So far ive only missed a few days on BFL...Ive lost 6 lbs but most of all i feel healthy and my clothes are getting bigger on me! I'm getting back on the eating plan tomorrow..messed up today w travelling and all..

Bye! KaRLA
Karla
Old 06-24-2005, 01:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/199

Default Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Karla and Michelle,
Thanks for the welcome! I'm a labor and delivery nurse. I absolutely love what I do and it takes a lot of energy. I give it there, and have little left at home most days! God bless you working in mental health!!! I have stories to tell about my psych rotation days!!! Let's just say it wasn't my cup of tea!!! Welcome, Amanda. We CAN do this, girl! I have lost and gained weight soooo many times, but this is my highest. For health reasons, I can't afford to ignore it any longer. I am looking forward to your support and prayers!! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me... He gave strength to Paul and He will give it to us too! Chris
Old 06-24-2005, 08:24 AM   #21  

Default Welcome!

Welcome to Chris and Amanda! Chris - a labor delivery nurse- cool that must be fun working with those babies. Amanda- There are alot of people here who suffer from IBS, I know sunny has been on a new program all natural, which she said works great. Hi also to michelle, and karla- long drive kid.
I am off to redo the bathroom of the church, I got some border and some other ditrties to put up and brighten it up a little. You guys all have an awesome weekend. See ya!
Old 06-24-2005, 10:24 AM   #22  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Canadian Mickey~Welcome to you!! Please come back and join us often. We love newcomers, i personally learn a lot from other people and their experience and what you all have to say.

And to all newcomers, please note that there is an option to subscribe to the thread and then when any new posts are posted, you will receive an email letting you know and a link to join us where you left off. Lets see if i can explain how to do this, it's really easy. Go to the top of a page, look for the purple menu called Thread Tools, click on that and then go to Subscribe to Thread and do what it says and voila!

I've been busy with work and some knitting projects and creating a blog to chronicle my weightloss efforts and to show my projects. I just learned how to make beaded stitch markers, with the help of our dear Mkay! She's the expert beader around here but she gave me some tips and ideas and i'm very happy with them. Here's a pic of my first set.
Thank you Sunny, for resizing for me. I did resize it, i swear, but it didn't seem to work when i posted...(Isn't she the sweetest! )

It's a rainy day here today, woke up to rain and thunder-I LOVE IT! It's cooler and really green today. And it gave me an excuse to wear my cute lime green boots to work. My mom gave them to me, they are LandsEnd boots, i love their shoes, and she found them on sale for dirt cheap, like $4.99 and they originally went for about $40.00 so i'm happy.

K, weightloss...well i continue to try but i'm not having POP (perfectly on program) days, i'm having kinda sorta on program days. But i'm not giving up so that's good news i guess.

Sunny~Happy Belated Anniversary!! Wow, 30 yrs. How is that possible, did you get married when you were 12 or something? I love to hear about you and Joe, i think you have a real love story to tell, whenever you talk about him i feel how loving you two are....so sweet!

Hi to all and prayers for all!

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 06-24-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #23  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hey there Michele... Anytime you want to post a pic just send it to me in a PM or E-mail me, I'd be more then glad to resize it for you When the pics are so large it makes it so hard to read the posts as well as hard to load the pages... By-the- way... Nice pic!!! And Great Job in the beading!!! You sound like you are feeling so much better and getting back on track again - I am so happy for you sweetz!! So you are beginning a Blog - so many are doing that today... just be careful with *How Much* info you share about yourself

You are so funny - yes, I was young when we married... we both were! I had just turned 18 and Joe was 21... babies in today standards. Boy, do our cats really hate it when we are busy like we have been in the last few months and it shows! They love sitting with us in the evenings and we haven't been home, so they have been pestering us more during the night - funny how attached they are to us. And they show how they miss us too! Very unlike cats, but I have said before... they don't know that they are cats How did Simba do while you were on vacation? Bet she missed you!!!

Tomorrow is my Joe's 52nd Birthday and we'll be going out in the evening to celebrate at the *Olive Garden* with our best buds, Mike & Peggy... it will be so much fun!!

All is going well with me... I gave blood last night and it knocked me for a loop! I got real dizzy That doesn't take much to do these days It really knocked me out last night! I got up to feed my kitties and began spinning I was so dizzy. The last few times I went to give blood they denied me because I was anemic, but this time I met the qualifications and could give. So my walking each day and new diet is making a big difference in my overall health. I also had my mammogram on the 13th of June and received a notice yesterday that it read well and I don't need a follow-up --- yeah! It's the first time in 4 years that I don't need a follow-up... I am so excited!

Have a great weekend

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-24-2005, 01:01 PM   #24  

Default It's About Time

It's about time I do some posting. I've been lost in the jungles of something somewhere I'm sure.

Chris/Amanda...welcome...this is a great place to hang out in. Thanks for joining.

Sunny...Happy Anniversary. I'm happy you stayed committed. You are an inspiration.

Wilma...Happy Birthday!

Teel...Happy Birthday! 40...Oh how I'd love to be 40 again.

Laterus...Great pics.

EZ...Praying for your safety

doitforme...hubby's heel still swells but that is expected. Believe me, he's back into the FULL swing of work. It's a good thing I have hobbies and friends.

Michele...as always...your work is wonderful...especially those stitch markers. After cking out the markers with the clasp, i wonder if the clasp would pull on the yarn too much.

Margie...I am leaving for Indiana next Friday evening and returning home the following Tuesday. It will be fun and relaxing for me. I would rather be tropical, but some other time.

Karla...praying for your back. Essential Oils from Young Living (Wintergreen) worked wonders on my daughter's back who was in an accident and had spasms. My friend is coming over tonight so i can massage her knee with the oil. We'll see how it works for her.

Well all...I should get back to work. BTW...our last bible study for First Place was done yesterday and throughout the entire 10-11 weeks, I lost 4 lbs. Not much but at least I didn't gain. Amen!

Hugs to you all and don't sizzle in the heat this weekend!

Mary Kay
Old 06-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #25  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 235/198/170

Height: 5ft 6in

Default Hello, Hello, Hello!!

Oh my goodness how I have missed all of you!! It has been so busy around my way. I started my new job on Monday, been going back and forth to the hospital to see Channon, got Sophia (my girl Lahso) fixed this morning, and my son has the chicken pox!!! Okay so that was the breifing. Channon is doing well. Thank you all for your prayers and for being concerned about her. She had a few infections and now has one in her head, but she is on antibiotics now and is doing well. They filmed her for the Today Show on Thurs. but I am not sure yet when it is going to air. I will let you all know as soon as I find out. Also, she does have a website where you get all the info on her and my brother posts all of her updates every day or other day. www.thestatus.com. Login: Hopson Password: Liquid-Delta. My SIL has been up with her for the last 2 weeks, she even had them put in a Queen size bed so she could sleep with her instead of having her in a crib. She said they both sleep alot better that way.

Had to take Sophia in today to get spayed. I felt really sad when I had to leave her there. But Melvin will be picking her up at 4:00 today. Shadow is really sad though. He was running around the house looking for her and then when he couldnt find her he just laid down in the middle of the floor and looked lost. Poor baby.

My son's last day of school was supposed to be today, but he caught the chicken pox last Friday so that ended up being his last day. I called his school and they made it very clear that they would look forward to seeing him in Sept. It was pretty funny how they said it. So needless to say, he was a very happy camper. The weird thing about it though was that I just had him and my girls vaccinated for the chicken pox 3 weeks ago. But he still got it!! But because he did get the vaccine, he has what they say is a "mild case" of it. It doesnt look mild to me, but he doesnt have a fever or anything, and he really isnt itching much either. I used the 24 hour non-drowsy Claritin and that has worked wonders! The girls havent gotten it, so I am praying that they dont!!

My new job is going very well! I love it!! I get along really well with my co-workers and my supervisor. We make a great team. I havent really gotten to meet all of the students yet because they where already out of school, but now we are starting our summer program so I will be meeting those kids on Monday. We are taking them hiking and then for BBQ. Hiking?!!! Well, it should be fun. Hey I just might lose some weight after all!!

I cant wait to leave for Africa. I am going for pleasure, enrichment, and wisdom. I think it is imperative for me and my family to visit at least once to have hands on knowledge of our heritage. I cant wait to take my kids. It will be a while though, I want them to go when they can really appreciate it. I will definitely be posting pictures when I come back.

Donna- Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your DH!!! You sound like a busy lady as well. It sounds like you and Joe had a really nice anniversary. Congratulations on your weight loss and overall improved health!! What a blessing, you are doing so well. Keep up the good work!

Gary- Prayers for you and Angie for a fun and safe trip here to Washington! Hey can ya bring some sun when you come?!!!

Margie - Yes, Channon is doing better, but she is not back home yet. We are hoping she will be home by the end of next week. If her blood tests come back negative for infection she can go home. Thank you for your prayers!!

doitforme - Thank you so much for your prayers!! Channon is better. I will surely keep you posted on her progress!

Chris & Amanda - Welcome!!

Oh yeah, I finally have a computer at home so I will be able to post in the evenings once I get my kids in the bed!! Yeah!!

Well, gotta go!! I will post again soon!! Blessings to you all!!!

Myisha
Old 06-24-2005, 01:14 PM   #26  

Smile

Hi Sue... I am so glad that you are feeling so much better - cannot be ill on the weekends you know

As for your beautiful niece... sounds like her heart is as sweet as she looks I wanted to put her name with all her prom pictures that I saved So she is going to China on the 24th of July, I bet she is itching to go!! Awesome that she made the $$ to make the trip. Those pictures that Rachel took have to be a great insight for you on what she'll be seeing. I feel like I have been there too with all the beautiful pics Rachel took. 5 weeks is a long time to be gone and you seem so very close to her... I bet you will surely miss her allot!!!

What a shame that it takes so long for a date to adopt and receive that sweet baby girl... I know that she is getting good care there, but that first year they are soaking in so much information. I sure hope it won't be much longer before your family can pick her up.

Good to hear that your physical went well for you - I hope for the same in August I have a great start with a healthy mammogram Have fun redoing the bathroom at the church

Chris/Katiesmom & Amanda/Canadian Mickey!!!

You both have surely come to the right place... someone here will be able to lend a helping had or advice when you ask for it. It gets pretty quiet here during the summer time with all the activities, but you hang in there, okay. We all come back at one time or another August will make 2 years I have a part of this thread and I must say... I have made some wonderful, wonderful friends here!!!

I too use to weigh 235 - years ago - lost lots and went down to 135. Kept it there for over 8 years; then after some family deaths I went to what comforted me the most - FOOD! I went back up to 216 and went into a panic... I joined up here and have slowly but surely began to lose again. It's allot harder now that I am older, but it's coming off Right now---> My hubby, Joe, & I walk every single morning (resting on Sunday) - 1.5o miles - we get up at 5am to do it together... by evening we are both way too tired to walk. We were walking more miles, but with all we are doing during the summer - it was too much, so we kicked it back some and it's perfect. I also eat 6x's a day (very small portions - low fat - allot of veggies and fruit) to keep my body's engine burning throughout the day. Begin slow... deal each moment as it comes, don't look at the whole picture - it's too overwhelming - you can do it

I do hope to see you both back

PS> Amanda, I have severe IBS and have for years. I am not on any meds... I cannot have Dairy, Fried Foods, Coffee or High Fat Foods, just to begin with --- I have been following *The Miracle Diet* by Rubin Jordan (use Google for info) and it has made a huge difference in my health The only difference is I go LOW FAT and No DAIRY (use goats milk products) Maybe give it a look-see It may help you. Another place to go is Heather's... check out this site: http://www.helpforibs.com/

Myisha, have you an UPDATE on baby Channon??? Hope she is recovering and soon to be home!

Hi Margie... you missed me in your last post... I hope I didn't say something to upset you although, I did see you were in a hurry

Ohhhh, those tomatoes are gonna taste good!!! We weren't able to plant veggies this year, just way too late to. I am sure gonna miss our fresh tomatoes, peppers and zucchini!!

Wonderful job with your MILES!!!!

Have a great weekend CER's!!!

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-24-2005, 01:20 PM   #27  

Talking

We all posted at the same time
I'll be back once I have read your posts

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #28  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Channon

Myisha, thank you for the link re: Channon. You have a wonderful family, Channon looks truly like a little Angel...so touching. Makes me cry. But sounds like it is has been good news lately and hopefully she'll be home soon. Her Father's post on Father's Day was so touching...

Please let us know when she'll be on the Today Show.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #29  

Smile

Hi MKay, It's so good to see you! You lost 4lbs!!! Keep it up girl!!! I'm so happy for you!!

We have had some beautiful weather till this afternoon - now we have the humidity kicking in Up till this afternoon - we had temps in the mid to high 70's, sunny with a breeze - picture perfect!! Today we have hit 90* and the humidity is coming in...

You are going to Indiana? To see family? Or just to get away?

Hi Karla, I didn't see you there sweetz 6 lbs. Down --- Awesome!!!!

Hi Myisha, Wholly Molley girl!!! Sounds like you are in a whirlwind!! I am glad to see that Channon is doing well, but sorry to hear of all the infections I will check out the link you left the next moment I get

I totally understand how you must feel about having to leave your pup at the vet! I hate to leave my furry kids there!! And when I do... the others meow the whole time looking for the one missing... sad. But soon your little Sophia will be home

I do hope your DS gets over the chicken pox soon - that is so miserable!! Funny how he got the pox so soon after his vac. though...

How wonderful that your new job is going so well for you! I do hope that it stays that way for you - to be able to work at something you enjoy is so important. Sounds like you are gonna get some exercise in... hiking I cannot remember the last time I hiked Better you then me, girl! Enjoy!

Africa is not that far off

Thank-you so much for all the encouraging words I look forward to hearing from you more now that you have a computer!

Gotta run...

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-24-2005, 01:58 PM   #30  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh Sunny, that is a cute signature....LOVE IT!!!
Closed Thread