Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 09:49 AM   #16  
One Day At A Time

Talking Saturday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and emails. Ya'll continue to be the best of the 3fc!!! Take your bow!

Sorry, I've been so long in checking in but my life has been so busy!! Well, my uncle died last Saturday and we had the funeral Monday. He is at peace and we are still trying to get our lives back together. We had so much company last weekend until they left Tuesday and Wednesday. But over all it was good for my girls to see all their cousins and aunts and uncles they haven't seen in a long time. Kaci actually saw many for the first time, since they live in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, etc.. All of this has brought our family much closer together and it is wonderful! Buster (my uncle) would be so proud.

We've played two softballs games and won both of them!! But our next one is Tuesday and they will be tough competition! Kaci has been catching some and really likes it, that is until it gets hot and she has to wear all the gear! But we are still practicing twice a week and will play two games this week.

Since I had to take off Monday, my visits were loaded everyday for the rest of the week. I have been leaving home between 5:30 and 6 and getting home between 6-8. Yesterday was my longest day (5:30 left - home at 8:00pm.) According to my pedometer I have been getting in most days between
5 miles and 7 miles!!!!
Yeah, you read right!! I haven't even been walking on the treadmill No time!
I've LOST 5.6 LBS since I wrote last. (Four last week and 1.6 this week)
flow1:
I don't know how with eating all the wonderful food that was brought in at the house before and after the funeral. But I did try to make good choices and if I just had to have something I knew wasn't on plan I ate just a little. I even ate homemade cherry cheesecake, which was the best I've ever eaten.

I'm still fighting with the bronchitis and yesterday had to break down and get the DR to order me a portable nebulizer that is battery operated and has a cigarette lighterplug. I have been getting into trouble while working and have been hauling around my big one and running back to the office everytime I couldn't breathe. Anyway, my insurance will pay 80% of the nebulizer but none on the battery or cigarette plug so I had to pay ALL of that!! ($136.) But I felt like I have to have it. There's nothing like not breathing!!

Kelli has her junior/senior prom tonight! She will be SOOOOOOOOOO beautiful!!! Her dress is basically black satin with hot pink trim and pleats in the skirt and a hot pink wrap. We found some beautiful jewelry to go with it and a beauitful silver butterfly with pink stones to go in her hair. I will try to send pictures!!

I will try to post individually at a later time. This is the first time I've had to myself in, in..............I don't remember!

EVERYONE take care and know that ya'll mean the world to me!! Thanks again for all your support and prayers!!

Have a GREAT weekend!!! I'm off and I plan to do just that!!
Old 05-07-2005, 10:23 AM   #17  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sherry, so sorry about your DU, but it sounds like you had good family time. And woohoo to you!! :Bravo: on your loss. Very proud of you for making those tough and good decisions. So glad you are back, missed ya!

Eric had to work too late and so we did not go out to celebrate his belated birthday and have sushi, he did call me later and we talked for awhile. Today it's raining, so no golf but i work until 6 pm...

Food has been bad, had a sugar attack yesterday, going to pay for it today i'm sure. Not going to WI until next week. But today i can do better, right? Going to post some pics in awhile...
Old 05-07-2005, 10:25 AM   #18  

Good morning to Mrs Smiley as I see your egg is alight as I am posting!! What time is is over in Texas? It is 15:00hrs as I start this post...Well done on your great loss! Sorry to hear of your family bereavement. May The Lord comfort you all and bring healing like only He can...I hope too that your bronchitis attack gets better very quickly..nasty illness to have to deal with...

Margie B I do hope Sara recovers from her fainting episodes..That sounds really nasty and rather dangerous to me!Good luck to her with her NH Society applications!! I expect you are on tenderhooks as well...

Great news from my nephew and neice in New Zealand. They were both in the national outrigging races held in Wellington this week..both in the under 19's. Nephew aged 17 and 4 days got a GOLD!! and niece aged 13 1/2 got a SILVER!!! My brother is just SO proud of them, he is fit to bursting!! (I like the new smilies!! ) They are a case of being in the right place at the right time and caught the eye of a scout who was out looking for the right people to train and race. Well done to them!!

I have had a really busy week with the handyman being here to do a few odd jobs around the house...I am now the proud owner of a couple of shelves in my airing cupboard! I had to give the old shelves up when the gas central heating was installed 5 months ago and I really missed using the airing cupboard to put bed linen in. I hate having sheets and duvet covers hanging round the house to dry, its not such a problem in the summer when you can hang them out on the washing line...and even then you have to watch the weather!!!
He has also put a light in the old shower room (that is no more!) thats being converted in to a storage space of some sort and next week he is going to lay floor tiles...then all it needs is the walls decorating and then at last I can use it as I intend!! Yipee!!

The weather hasn't been so good this week...rather cloudy although bits of sun keep peeking through
MKay well done on your 4lb loss!!Mitchypoo well done on your loss as well!!I hope your sore throat has gone away without causing you too much grief

Hellos to absolutely everyone else on this thread!! I do hope you are well and those that were sick are all better now!!
Bye for now. God Bless and all take care.
Love from Teel xx
Old 05-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #19  

And hello to Mitchypoo! You have snuck in a post whilst I wasn't looking!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #20  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello Miss Teel...you snuck in too, i was trying to download some pics and then i wanted to say hello. Any resolution with the friend? Are you feeling better? Did you already go on vacation to Scotland? How was that? What is there to do in Scotland?

I wanted to show you all a pic of what our dear Mkay made for me! She is a very talented girl in the beading and jewelry department. I had a necklace made out of Raiku pottery, it is a japanese symbol for happiness (or is it love?) and i love the pendant but the cord chain it was on got all twekked, so Miss Mary Sunshine beaded it for me and some earrings to match and she did such a good job. Take a look see..

The other pics are some of the yarn cafe grand opening...
Oh, i give up, i rotated the pic of me and resized all of them to not be so big, but there you go. I can't figure it out.

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 05-07-2005 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #21  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Well, it did resize and rotate, but on the preview it didn't correct????
Old 05-07-2005, 11:51 AM   #22  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Saturday Morning CER's
Busy morning

Hi Gary, *Congrats* on the teams WIN!!! I'm so sorry to hear that Amanda is bumming out... poor kid! This too shall pass... Boy... she saw Azulfire waving, that tennis must be great for the vision I have enjoyed *ALL* the pictures... Thanks for posting them!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled that you know how to do it and post pics more often You have allot to be proud of with your kids... papa I feel like I am on a roller-coaster ride... I just read that Amanda lost in the doubles...

We are heading to Costco today after Joe gets home You know what that means... more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ spent!

Off the topic a bit: *A-Idol* ~ Did you see that Scott got voted off... he's a good kid, really trying to make a good life for himself. I sure do hope that someone picks him up. I didn't really care for his voice, but obviously... others did. As for who may in this... this one is a very tough call, don'tcha think so?. If I have thought this though correctly - I believe that our gal, Carrie, has NEVER been in the bottom 3... both Bo an Vonzell have been, so I wonder if *Carrie* will be the Idol-winner If not... I think it just might be *Bo* - the first rocker to win Like I said... tough call... they are all so very talented in very different ways --- *Carrie ~ Country*, *Bo ~ Rock* & *Vonzell ~ A Natalie Cole*. *Survivor* ~ I feel that this is when it really gets ugly, don't you? There are a couple of the gals I'd like to see go... I am pulling for *Tom* (I think that's his name - the firefighter). *CSI-Vegas*... what's up with Katherine!!! Isn't she suppose to be smart!!

Hi MKay, glad you are enjoying my graphic so much I have FILES & FILES of them now! Great to use in making my cards as well Not for selling, just for the family and friends. I am seeing about a siggy for you patience... I'll even help you get it into your sig, okay

GREAT NEWS!!!! !!!!4 POUND LOST!!!! AWESOME JOB, MKay!!!

Hi Michele, Oh... okay... I am thrilled for you that you are beginning to lose again... keep it up girl!!

It's so nice to hear that you and Eric are doing so well and that he is calling you and you are both having some nice times together May it continue

We actually reached 71* yesterday ourselves --- just Beautiful!!!! Today is cooler and it's raining, but that's okay. It gives me the time to sit here and catch up. When Joe gets home from church (he's working till 2:00) we will head out to get some shopping done. I was feeling a bit glum yesterday... part of the reason I get a bit blue too is because of *Mother's Day* I miss my mother very much and so wish we lived closer!! I sent her a Calla Lily plant yesterday through ProFlowers.com, she loved it! They have the best cut flowers and plants there!! She loves the plants... and has a greenhouse to keep them in. She isn't one for cut flowers, she wants them to last and last I also find myself thinking of our DD (Lisa Anne) and how old she'd be had she lived -- she would have been 29 years old. My mom wished me a *Happy Mother's Day* also, telling me that my little angel was watching over me. It made me feel melancholy & pensive yesterday

Hi Azulfire, Sounds like your scrapbooking is coming along wonderfully!!! How cool of your friend to print out those pages for you! They are sooooo expensive to buy already printed. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN about your picture I took one of me that way too --- NOT A PRETTY SIGHT!!! I tell you what... ... we'll have to just keep those pics to "ourselves" for the time being (motivation), then once we reach our goals we'll share... deal?

Hello Rachel... I have something for you... go check your PM

Hi Margie You go girl!!!! Great miles so far!!! 13.8!!! Oh I am still walking... no worries there --- I just allot to get done for my Joe that was very important... all finished now I see have some catching up to do!!! I have only gotten a bit more walking in since Wednesday, but not much ~ 8.25 miles ~ as of today (I write humbly) You are too funny!!! back atcha

So sorry to hear about DD fainting!!! Was it because she had not eaten?!?!? Sounds like it! Hope she feels better today!

How about that date??? Anything come of it? When??? I am all *EYES* waiting to read all about it

Awwwwe Sherry I am so very sorry to hear about your DU and his passing... You have my deepest sympathies!

Congrats on the WINS in your softball games and you have lost 5.6 pounds to boot!!!

*Good Golly Miss Molly!* Great Job!!!

Feel better soon! Bronchitis takes a long time to recover from

Well... Hello there Teel Congrats to your Niece and Nephew!!! "Well done!!"

Sounds like you have had quite allot done in your home... good for you Joe and I have so many plans for our home and some improvements --- but alas... they are only on paper right now *sigh*

Hi Lynn... I hope that this finds you doing well... I so owe you an apology! I totally forgot till just this moment that you had asked about a graphic or two for your DD's baptism!!! Is it too late to still lend a helping hand Let me know if I can still be of help... okay?

Hellos' out there to all our MIA's!!! ROLL-CALL: WILMA, SAMI, SPROUT, MYISHA, VIRGINIA, JAN, ZOEGIRL, CHRISTY, ANDREA, GINA & JACKAY (oh... she's on her trip till the 15th ) Hope to see you all back soon!!! In the meantime, you are in my *Daily Prayers!*

*~*~*

I sure do hope that you all have a fantastic day tomorrow!!
You all so deserve it!!! Even YOU Big Guy!
Wishing your Angie a *Happy Mom's Day!* too!!

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-07-2005, 12:09 PM   #23  

Thumbs up

It worked Michele!!! The pics are fine
Great Pictures!!! You look wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darkened your hair... I really like it!
And I can see your wt-loss!!

And YES! MKay, does wonderful work!!!!

Are those Alpaca's? Look at all those people!
Thanks so much for sharing your pictures!!!
You KNOW how I love pics!

*Smiles*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #24  

Smile Gardening for the Soul

THE GARDEN OF YOUR DAILY LIVING

PLANT THREE ROWS OF PEAS:
1. Peas of mind
2. Peas of heart
3. Peas of soul

PLANT FOUR ROWS OF SQUASH:
1. Squash gossip
2. Squash indifference
3. Squash grumbling
4. Squash selfishness

PLANT FOUR ROWS OF LETTUCE:
1. Lettuce be faithful
2. Lettuce be kind
3. Lettuce be patient
4. Lettuce really love one another

You Can't Have a Garden Without Turnips:
1. Turnip for meetings
2. Turnip for service
3. Turnip to help one another

To Conclude Our Garden We Must Have Thyme:
1. Thyme for each other
2. Thyme for family
3. Thyme for friends

Water Freely With Patience And Cultivate With Love!
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-07-2005, 10:55 PM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Saturday Night

HI LADIES,

Just finished chinese food...that is the second time in 2 weeks for chinese!

Amanda and I spent 3 hours last night and 5 hours today at a conference with NY Times Bestselling author and host of the show on PAX "Faith Under Fire" Lee Strobel. He wrothe the books The Case for Christ, The Case for Faith and The Case for A Creator...very good books. Amanda is reading the last one for her theology class, the prof. told the class if they went to this conference they could save 10 pages off their final paper! Although it was only 45 minutes from my house, it was 2 hours from their campus on a Fri. night and a Saturday 8-1...over 40 kids from her school went...there were several hundred people there altogether. Other authors and speakers included Dr. Jay Richards (The Priveleged Planet), Dr. J.P. Moreland (Body and Soul), and Dr. Jonathan Wells (Icons of Evolution)...very interesting hearing them speak "christian" from a scientific view.

On the way home we picked up some new roses for Angie for Mother's Day.

GRAPHIC GODDESS Love the "GARDEN". Amandais OVER the tennis issue...she is doing well, she KNOWS that she doesn't want one match she was taken out of to ruin her memories of the entire season...she had a good talk with her coach and all is well. Oh, that was AZUL waving to Brenda...my ex is in her town this week-end visiting her significant other's daughter...then both will head to see my new house...3.5 hours away on Monday....I think the confusion was on the- Brenda calling me to see how Amanda was doing at the match comment.

Didn't have time for Costco today..maybe tomorrow........ouch! Mother's Day..I would have to go alone...NAH!

Missed Survivor this week..can't remember why...saw who got voted off...CSI..I think Katherine was just Lonely and got caught up in the moment...Did you know that the guy is her real life husband of 15 years!! As far as American Idol...I liked Constantine better than BO...his hair is exactly like mine was from 1970-1985!! Still pulling for Carrie...won't be too sad if Vonzel wins either...I like her alot better than at first.

SHERRY I hope your Kelli had a great Prom...If you ever get to see a San Diego Padres game on TV, check out the METAL SUPPLY building in the outfield...one of our local high schools is having their Prom on top of it! Way cool...cost $30,000.00 to hold it there..NO JOKE! Sorry about your uncle, glad you saw God's work in it. Keep on losing!! My step-d hit her first ever over the fence home run the other day.

TEEL Great work by the kids!You must be proud. Glad to see you in better spirits!!

MICHELE Nice pics! MARYK You are so talented!

HAVE A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 11:02 AM   #26  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning everyone!! Finally, some pics of the finished product.

This is where I sit and talk to you:

My red wall: I love it!

I'm leaving for church in a few minutes so I can't stay and chat. My family is cooking shish kabobs for lunch and we're having my favorite - cheesecake for dessert.

Talk to you later.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:20 PM   #27  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

wilma -- the cheesecake sounds so good! I love cheesecake, my dad makes the best.

Sunny -- thank you so much for the siggy! I love it! Very cute. Where do you get them made at?

I had some bad bleu cheese last night at Old Chicago -- so to say the least I am not going to school today I got *really* sick last night and I just don't feel up to doing much of anything! Well, I gotta go. My mom's expecting me over at the house soon. Just wanted to pop in and say hi!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 03:44 PM   #28  

Default beautiful day

Thanks for directing me over here Sunny, it's a beautiful day here in Illinois.Got up bright and early this morning for our grandaughters soccer game,two weeks ago we are bundled up in coats and today found us, looking for a breeze. Good game except in the beginning of the second half she got hit in the tummy by an on coming ball, was only down for a few minutes,and then kept on going, oh to be a kid again. Down 14 pounds so far, got my gazelle, love it, I could spend hours on it. Our house is finally in the finishing stages of being re-done, I never imagines it would be such a mess, would never live in the house again if it was being re-done, Got our last delivery of new furniture Friday and they delivered it to the wrong house, they looked odd carrying it down the street to me, and I probably looked even doopery standing in front of my place, saying "down here, your at the wrong house. Good thing my neighbors know me. Best run going to our daughters today for dinner, God Bless you all.
Nancy
Old 05-08-2005, 10:05 PM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Sunday

HOPE YOU ALL HAD WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY'S!

Angie, Ron and I went to church. Amanda spent the night here but was up way too late studying for finals to get up...3am! Ryan...pretty much the same thing...Lara couldn't get up at her dad's house...but did come and take Angie out to lunch...Ron's mom is on the night shift so she was sleeping the day...she is taking a rain check on Mother's Day lunch...my kid's mom is still in Washington...they sent her flowers and Angie got the rose bush...I sent my mom flowers in Illinois and called her today.

Angie is refusing to cook since it is Mother's Day...so we are all fending for ourselves!! Leftover chinese!!

Angie, Ron and I took Reba and Rylee to the dog park after church...they had a ball!!!

WILMA Angie and I LOVE the kitchen!! Bet you are so glad to be done with it. Your red wall matches Angie's red front door! Hope those boys treated you right!!

RACHEL I hope you feel better...I got food poisoning at a Jack-In-The-Box when I was about 8 years old...will never forget it!! My mom and brother's and sister all had ketchup on our hamburgers, we were with my cousin's wife and kids...they had mustard only...we were all so sick...they were fine. I have been confused about your school...Saturday and Sunday classes?? In California they give us the week-end off.

NANCY I talked to my mom in Bloomington, Ill. today-- she said it was 70 when she woke up and in the 80's at around 10am...are you near there?Sorry to hear about the ball in the stomach on your grandaughter...my son got a "gut ball" when he was about 8...never really liked soccer after that..until he joined a men's team (really tough!) a few years ago. Great job on the weight loss.

Well, Gals...My daughter has only 2 more classes!!!! one Monday for a final and one on Friday for a final then done with college!!...classes anyway..until grad school in another year...she still will be playing tennis...the Nationals are the week after school is out in Alabama. My son will have his credential...but is still student teaching for a month after he is done at the high school he is with.

Well, guess I have to go get my own dinner...........

ENJOY your week ladies...Prayers, Gary
Old 05-09-2005, 09:58 AM   #30  

Default Monday...Monday...

It's that time of week again. I realize I should NOT stay away from the thread over the weekend. I'm finding myself not going on my puter at all over the weekend.

Well, my siggy finally worked. Thanks Sunny...you are a patient woman!

Mrs. Smiley...So sorry about DU. And...you are so busy. I won't complain anymore that I "think" I'm busy, because to alot of you...I'm really not. I wonder if I just get overwhelmed easily.

Michele...Boy oh boy, I can sure tell the weight loss...whew! You are hot!

My weekend was very laid back and pleasant. Hung out with the girls and their sig others yesterday and ended up at my DM and DF's house to watch some golf. I could actually get interested in watching that, and for a person who does not do sports...that's not too bad.

EZ...I'm glad Amanda talked with her coach and believe me if you don't find something to do with all that free time, Angie will find it for you!

Sunny...Isn't our weather wonderful these past couple of days? I think our spring/summer is well on its way...finally.

Wilma...will you come and clean my kitchen? Wow...great pics and you are a tidy queen! I love the red wall and the openess of the kitchen to the red-wall room. The wood floor is awesome...I'd rather have that than my tile (DH wanted it more than me...but that's ok too).

Well, gotta get some work done...I've been online for quite awhile this morning already.

By the way...I've been chatting with you wonderful folks for 1 year now. Happy Anniversary to me & you!
Closed Thread