Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 12:15 PM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #201 ♥

WELCOME!
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #2  

I just love your picture and thoughts. Thanks for the encouragement!
I just returned Monday morning from a 4 day cruise to Cozumel and am back at home in the Tampa area. We had a great time. Traveled with other Christians and enjoyed our time so much. And a praise here...God helped me with my eating and I came back only 1 pound up. Thanks to God for His help. I've been resting up from our 'vacation' ever since we got home! lol Lots of walking on the ship and in Cozumel probably helped alot too. Tomorrow is my day to return to the dr to see how I'm doing. Looks like I've lost about 7 pounds in a month. Wish it was more, but am happy with anything that goes down instead of up!
Here's to a great day for us all! God is Good All the Time, and All the Time, God Is Good!
Old 04-27-2005, 12:29 PM   #3  

Smile

Hello, Hello, Hello my Dear Friends...

My day today is looking allot better then the last time I visited here
I went for my walk outdoors this morning and got in 4.25 miles with a total
of 40 miles in for April thus far... I had some catching up to do, otherwise I
would not have gone so far this morning It felt great getting back outdoors!
I do not like using the T-Mill now unless I must because of the weather.

Now to catch up with you all

*~*~*

Hi Teel, Thank-you so much for all your concerns for my Joe... he is doing so much better now. I cannot remember the name of his meds, but he was on for 5 days and he called it a Z-pak He is now using a saline mist and seems to be all better He hardly ever gets sick and this year he got hit twice... it's been a rough year!

Sorry you (and some others) are losing your posts... it happens here quite often. Try writing in your notebook or in Outlook first. Then do a copy and paste into 3fc's reply box. This way if you lose the post you can just go back and do another copy and paste with allot less frustration I never worry about losing a post anymore doing it this way *Luck*

How are you doing these days? A little better Wonderful to hear that you didn't gain the weight you initially thought you had Gotta love that kind of news!

Hello there Big guy... Thank-you so much for all your encouragement... I have been trying very hard to stay *on track* even though *stuff* happens Each day I am doing a little better and loving the good feeling of feeling *well*. I heard from my sister yesterday and she got some news that not only does she have type 2 diabetes, but she also has very high Cholesterol ! 438 I think she said... she is at the Dr's today to get some meds to bring it down. She has not felt well in a long time. High Cholesterol is in my family: my father, both my brothers and now my sister. My mother and I are the only ones with healthy levels, thank the Lord!

I think it's awesome that you and Angie did a marathon, I remember when I first started you had just done it or were training for it. I am struggling to reach 5 miles each morning - 5x a week - nevermind a marathon Once I reach the 5 miles there is where I will stay till I feel I need to move to make a change.

Oh... we had a week-end all right... don't know how good it was Although, when I think of other weather disasters these days... we didn't have it all that bad You were right about one thing... it was good packing snow for snowballs!!! 70*+ smarty-britches just rub my nose in it will ya

Did I read that you were going to Hollywood? For a job... or are you a big movie-star that we didn't know we had

Yes, we saw that we (the Browns) got Edwards Glad to hear that Amanda did so well in her games in spite of her IBS attacks... and that you all had a good trip. *Prayers for Ryan*

Hello the Margie, Have you been hanging in there? Keep up your walking, I hope?!? Thanks for the cheers I have keep some walking going... yesterday on the T-Mill and today outdoors It sure felt great getting outdoors this morning!!! Don't know if I will get in 50 miles by the end of April... but I will sure give it my best I have already passed my 25 mile goal for this month, so I am a happy camper Just 10 weeks ago I would have never thought I could!! I was so very ill.

Down 5 lbs!!!!! Awesome!!!! I am so very happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Azulfire, I love your new avatar (thumbs-up)!!! You are so welcome for the roses animation --- I do have allot of them!! Files I am a graphic/animation fan... to say the least Glad that you and the others enjoy them

Your retreat sounded so nice --- it's been so long since I last went on one. I sure could have used it after this past weekend

Congrats on your POUND gone!!! Great JOB!

Hi Rachel, I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying Curves so much & that your headaches have finally left you.

So you are going to China... how is that! Why China for a vacation? Do you have friends or family there? Or just wanted to go there?

Awesome job on the 2 lbs GONE !!!

Hi Michele, Yes, Joe is feeling much better today... thank you for your concerns Neti-pot? No... can't say that i have ever heard of it. I will take a moment later to look it up on the net - Thanx! Joe has very sensitive sinuses and this Neti-pot sounds like something he may like to use, especially during the dry winter months.

How are you feeling these days? Is the Yarn Cafe still fun?

Hi Virginia, You are Down 4 lbs!!! Awesome JOB!!! How did you do over the weekend with your visit from son and DIL? Hope you all had a very nice visit together

Hello Wilma, Yup... I think we some a bit of snow So you woke up to a dusting, huh... crazy weather these days, that's for sure! Today we are at 50* and it's rainy and the snow is still around in patches & some mounds from the plows that are about waist high. Hopefully by this afternoon it will all be gone. Our tree did snap one branch off and the other two main branches we hope we saved Joe and I braced them, and bound them with electrical tape (we were told to use that because it expands and yet it holds). So far so good... it looks pretty good this morning I just hope that it heals up! I worry when the winds pick up though

I am so very sorry to hear of your DS's brake-up with his girl... offering *Prayers* for his recovered emotional health! It's so hard on the kids when that happens... but I think it's harder on the mom's My girlfriends have gotten to the point where they don't want to get to know the boyfriends or girlfriends so they won't hurt so bad when they go... tell him, that life is full of thorns... you just have to *look up* and see the roses {{{Hugs}}} for your DS and for you too

hi Sherry, Down 2 lbs!!! WooHoo for you!!! 80* temps there...

Glad to hear that you have gotten in some walking even with your bad knee... may it continue to heal up - injuries like that take awhile to heal

*Prayers for your DUncle, you and his family!!!*

Wonderful to see you Sprout!!! Sorry to hear that you have been ill again, but such great news about being *CANCER FREE* for another year!!! Cheering on year 3

So KoKo is doing well and growing what??? no pics this time?? Do try your best to get back up and walking again, Marilyn... you have come so far and done so well... no giving in now okay

Hello there Sami!! Wonderful to see you stop in again too... you are so very welcome! I am glad to be of help Your grandson is absolutely Beautiful!!! You should be so proud of him and of your DD... I am so very sorry to hear of her struggles I will keep her in my *Prayers* as she recovers. Good thing she is home now and is under *mommy care* (from you) she'll do just fine. {{{hugs}}}

Hi Sue, *Welcome HOME!* I cannot wait to hear all about your adventures and see your pictures!

Hi Myisha, It's great to hear that Channon continues to improve in health with each passing day... continued *Prayers* for she and all those that love her Thank-you so much for the prayers for my Joe... he is doing so much better now and appreciates all those who have prayed for him

I so wish we had 80* temps again... it's been such a hard, long winter this year! I miss the desert warmth & smells... I am originally from 29 Palms, California --- you just couldn't get more 'desert' then there But I love the peacefulness there when I go back and visit... it's so calm and quiet, you can actually think

Did you know that sleep is vital to losing weight! And lack of sleep will also cause water-retention, nevermind stalling wt-loss. Women need at least 7 - 9 hours of good restful sleep. I read in my book *Patient Heal Thyself* by Jordan Rubin that the sleep you get before midnight is the most restful and healing sleep... so getting to bed by 9 / 9:30 or even earlier is very, very healthy for the body I am so glad you got a good nights sleep!

Hi Christy, CONGRATS on losing 2 lbs!!! Keep up the great work kiddo... you will run into many that will try to stall you out with your program, but you just have to be responsible & accountable to only one person - YOU! You can do it

How is that toddler doing from your church? Does he have MD? *Prayers* for him!

As for water-retention: it usually means... not enough sleep, too much salt or not enough water! Did you know that Celery and Asparagus are natural diuretics Have some... and feel allot better

Hi MKay, You are DOWN 2 LBS too!!! What is going on here... I want some Congrats!!! Your women's retreat sounded nice too, glad you had such a nice weekend Your shopping trip all together sounded fab!!!!! I would have loved taggin' along... I love going out with groups of friends So much fun!!!

A veggie weekend, huh... aren't those the best!!! I love it when Joe & I have a weekend home to get in a couple scrabble games How was your hubby's Dr's appointment? All go well... I hope!

Hello Jackay, That's okay... stop in when you can. Sounds like you have had a full plate of life! I just bet that you are looking forward to your vacation in May, a well deserved one I think

Keep up the good work... DOWN 20 LBS!!!!!!!!! TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candy!!!

Cats??? Did you say cats? ? I have 3 of my own Our furry kids! Later when I have more time we must share! How many do you have, names and how old

We are a special group here... not only because we are Christians of all denominations, but we are one of the few groups that have a gentle*man* with us It's great having EZ's/Gary's different & to the point perspective... not to mention his great sense of humor!!

I hope you will come back again soon and find this place to be warm and inviting

*~*~*

Hello's to all those MIA... JAN, LYNN, ZOE, ANDREA & GINA* Please forgive me if I have missed someone, know that it was not intentional

*God's Blessing to all!*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-27-2005, 12:40 PM   #4  

SunnyD,
I asked this in a previous thread, but then saw where I should be in this thread. DuH!

Where do you find the neat pictures and graphics?? Love them and would love to find them so I can use some. Thanks!
Jan
Old 04-27-2005, 12:48 PM   #5  

Smile

Hello Jan! We posted very close to one another

*Welcome Home* I am so glad to see you popped in and to hear that you had a lovely time on your vacation!! Gained only 1 pound (thumbs up!) You did well!

I saw your post on the OLD thread I get the pics from all over the place I Google them (under Free Animations or Graphics) to get some and then I snag some at a place called *Simply Snagables* You have to register with the Delphi Forum and it's very different then here, but it's all fun & free You just have to save them onto your computer hard-drive in folders.

Time for lunch...
be back later

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-27-2005, 12:55 PM   #6  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny, thanks once again for keeping us in line and making a new thread. You are so good about that. I really love all the graphics you've had made for yourself, that is so cool. Can you give me the link to who did it for you? I'm glad you were able to dig out of that mess w/the snow. How did the tree fare after all? Have to cut it down? You sure are doing well with your walking these days. How's the gut feeling? The neti-pot is very soothing and it's similar to the saline solution, actually spraying that is harder on the sinuses, the neti-pot is not so traumatic they say for the sinuses. I hope you look into it, cuz it's really helped me and my mom, and my cousins...and that trucker...
Old 04-27-2005, 01:11 PM   #7  

Smile

You are welcome Michele, Our tree did snap one branch off and the other two main branches we hope we saved Joe and I braced them, and bound them with electrical tape (we were told to use that because it expands and yet it holds). So far so good... it looks pretty good this morning I just hope that it heals up! I worry when the winds pick up though

I have answered almost all of your questions in the post below
Read away

{{{Hugs}}}

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-27-2005, 01:12 PM   #8  
striving to be a loser

Hey there Sunny. Thank you for the praise and encouragement. I too love the graphics you have! And, 40 miles for April?? That is awesome!!
Old 04-27-2005, 01:30 PM   #9  
The cat lady

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am still here. I am struggling with my eating at night but am counting my points and still OP.
I am going to my first TOPS meeting tonight and looking forward to it. It will be good to have the accountability.
I am also starting a new Bible Study this week on discouragement and depression. I have struggled with clinical depression for the past 20 years and am really looking forward to this study. I am doing it with a couple of friends from my Sunday school class.

Forgive me for not addressing everyone yet, it will take time to learn everyone.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! God Bless!
Old 04-27-2005, 01:32 PM   #10  

Smile

Hi Jackay You are so very welcome I am glad you like all the pics too It's so much funn looking for them... it's my playtime Thanks! I have surprised myself with the miles I have gotten in Margie B & I have this milage thing going... but I don't know that I will ever catch up with her

*God Bless*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #11  
The cat lady

Oh, I forgot. Sunny- I have four cats. Melvin-a huge white/beige cat who is 14 years old. Maggie-a tiny black/white cat who is 4 years old. Groucho- a large black/white cat who is 3 years old. And last but not least, Missy-a medium sized gray/white tabby who is almost 2 years old. She's my baby girl!

BTW- I don't know how to put the graphics in my signature. How do I do that?
Old 04-27-2005, 01:44 PM   #12  
Christy

Sunny,
Even though I have only be on this site for a few days you have made me feel very welcomed thank you! I have not heard anything on the toddler from church but witth post as soon as I know anything.
Funny I had asparagus for dinner last night. Lol Now that you mention it I remember reading something about it helping with water retention.
Just a bit of interesting info.
The youth group at church and the calls there group "Corp 91" based from Psalms 91: Great passage! Amazing how God reminds us of things we need to hear.

THANKS
CHristy

Thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #13  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Sunny, thanks for the encouragement! My mom and I are going to China as an early 18th birthday present (my birthday is on 12/25)/late graduation present (I graduated in November). I've never been outside of the U.S., and even then I've only been outside of the Midwest 2 times. So this will be amazing!!!

Gosh, I really don't want to go to Curves today. Tonight, Fr. Jerry is taking the whole church group from R.C.I.A. (including me! I was the babysitter!) to Le Voltare, an upscale French restaurant. I know I won't be able to count calories or anything there, so I am officially giving myself the night off as far as that goes, as long as I make it to Curves. So I better go to Curves!!

How do you guys manage to update with names? It's so hard for me to remember them all! SunnyD, I know you already did this, but do you think you could PM me the list of names/locations again? I'm so confused and I feel bad about not updating with names.

Talk to y'all later!
Old 04-27-2005, 03:57 PM   #14  

I, too have kept a running list of names if anyone is interested.

Just got my new computer hooked up and I love the smaller keyboard.

I have a headache today (hmmm...could it be the piece of cake roll I ate for lunch?).

Well, back to the paper pushing!
Old 04-27-2005, 04:19 PM   #15  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

well if you have the list and have time, could you PM it to me?? thanks!
Closed Thread