3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Faith Based Support Groups

♥ Christian Encouragers #200 ♥

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 06:04 PM   #46
Christy

Time to go walk. I have decided to start induction again.
Everyone have a great evening!
Christy

Old 04-20-2005, 08:30 PM   #47
Quit counting at 45!

Hi again! I wanted to let you know how my day went with my teller friend. I haven't asked her out for lunch yet. I was praying for an opportunity to do that and she wasn't even being approachable. Today, she spoke to me a couple of times during the day and then we spent our lunch hour together and had a nice chat. We didn't discuss what had been bothering her but it's a start. I have hope now that things will work itself out. Thank you all again for your prayers. I KNOW they helped.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:11 PM   #48
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile What The Heck Is Going On Here??

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON HERE LADIES???....SOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY NEW MEMBERS....DID SOMEONE PUT THE WORD OUT THAT THERE IS A CUTE GUY ON THIS SITE OR WHAT? ...NAH...I'M THE ONLY GUY

WELCOME EVERYONE....stick around, you will like it here!

Well the company all headed home this afternoon, all is back to normal Like anyone here knows what that is.

So many posts to catch up on...good thing I planned dinner already...leftovers from Monday Angie has BUNKO tonight so just the guys here...my nephew, son and I....gonna be burritos again!!

Angie and I are taking the next couple of days off and going to Santa Barbara area to watch Amanda in a tournament..( for those newbies...my daughter plays college tennis). She is a senior so not too many matches left ...for dad to see. Although even when my son's college track was over he still found sports to play in that I could go watch.

SUNNYD OFF MY BACK...OK?

Seriously dear...I am so proud of you for continuing your work-outs this last ENTIRE year...even during the tough times on the health issues!! And I know without asking that Joe is proud of you too! I am sure you "reward" each other ...By the way, how is that good guy's van going for him? Hope it is still a sweet ride!...but mostly a SAFE ride!! Can't spend much time posting to you tonight dear...we just have so many now to get to...and me...one finger at a time..well, it is a slow go...better grab another beer......KIDDING!!!!...or maybe not

SHERRY Great job on packing the lunch! How is softball going? Angie just came home from my step-d's game and said they were winning easily and that Lara had a double! Praying for an easy few days for you and a great FAMILY week-end.

Angie just came home and is making fritatas for her BUNKO night...spinach, tomatoe, basil, garlic and onion....man! all I got is burritos

WILMA Kitchen cabinet pictures??? How did the lunch go? are you still "bossy" MARTHA? Were my wedding ideas any help?

MICHELE Hope you are over the....you know...women thing.

SUE~SUE~SUE~~~ I miss my SUE...mean 'ol Sunny said you won't be back until the end of the month...guess I will have to believe her..since there is NO WAY I am going to try to find that post with all the new ones!! Hope you had/are having fun!!

SAMI Hey Skinny...come back!

MARILYN How is that puppy? Daughter? Son behaving? WALKING!! Please be walking!!

VIRGINIA AROUND THE BLOCK...TWICE!

You are well on your way to a healthy "NEW" life.....you don't know me yet...(is you ask the regulars that could be a good thing )...I did a marathon..26.2 miles...a few years ago...with my wife...and quit smoking about 7 years ago, after smoking for 25 years...YOU CAN GO 2 BLOCKS EVERY DAY!!...and that is just the start

WILMA Just saw your post...glad things are on the right track...hopefully!

ANDREA Maybe you can get with MKAY and work out a "double" wedding to save on expenses Great job on the nursing school. My sister in law was a surgical nurse, married my bil...a surgeon..now she is a director of a surgery center making "almost" 6 figures!!...not to mention his $$$$...you go girl!!

ZOE So HAPPY your son came back from Iraq....we lost a dear 26 yr. old friend there a month ago...and have another one over there..PRAY for him...his name is Juan Sanchez...24 yrs old...ARMY infantry. So you are going to be 40! hahahah...that isn't the BIG ONE!! is it gals.
? 50 IS!!! ...me, I am 51!...I hope you are closer to the 27th...that's me! SUNNY'S is the 8th...way too early in the month for a B-DAY!

RACHEL Great job on joining CURVES! and on the 6 pound loss!! I knew you were a LLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER

About the TICKER TAPE message?? it looks MEAN ...I'm old...don't understand it.

MYISHA Very pretty name...Good job by the boys on the "treatin' of their ladies!!!" I hope you are all feeling better soon!

CHRISTY DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!! by no loss...each day...EACH DAY...is a step towards YOUR NEW LIFE...STEPS!! one at a time!! Keep walking, keep eating healthy....there is NO SECRET DIET!!!....don't get caught up in the FAST FOOD/FAST WEIGHT LOSS junk....keep walking and eat healthy...YOU KNOW WHAT EATING HEALTHY MEANS!! and take it slow and easy....one small step, one pound, one inch, one dress size, one MOMENT at a time...and I promise you...GOD WILL GIVE YOU "TIME"...TIME to be a LOOOOOOOOOOSER!!

MARGIE Sorry you got "POPED" out yesterday and spent too much time in front of the TV instead of walking. As far as the $10 winnings goes...well, let's just say my nephew NEVER pays off his bets!!...but if by some miracle he does...I will place it in the youth group basket at church!
I hope you never have to hear another child 911 call...thank-you for being there for those that need you! As far as the 5 POUND LOSS GOES...no one here really cares............
...gotcha!

MKAY So you are turning 50 in Sept. humm, I could tell you were older and wiser How is that DH doing with the swelling? Is he helping any more buddies out? Going 40 minutes is going to be so easy for you! I know you will be our next HERO!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone...need to get off...nephew is going to do...are you ready for this?.....HOMEWORK!!...

PRAYERS~GARY
Old 04-20-2005, 11:36 PM   #49

"ZOE So HAPPY your son came back from Iraq....we lost a dear 26 yr. old friend there a month ago...and have another one over there..PRAY for him...his name is Juan Sanchez...24 yrs old...ARMY infantry. So you are going to be 40! hahahah...that isn't the BIG ONE!! is it gals.
? 50 IS!!! ...me, I am 51!...I hope you are closer to the 27th...that's me! SUNNY'S is the 8th...way too early in the month for a B-DAY! "............... *********************
Gary thank you thank you...................
My prayers to your loss(they really should have a prayer smiley)INFANTRY RULES!!!
Hey Sunny Gabs birthday is the 8th also.Mine is on the 5th and Gary my favorite cousins is on the 27th. I just happen to know February is the moth of extremely creative and gorgeous people!!!!!LOL
Gosh I need to remember all the names.Everyone has been extremely wonderful Gabs reads the threads with me and she like wow mom this is cool.
************Smiley thanks for the encoraging words too!
Well I'm off to a wedding in New York so I won't be online for a couple of days.I would appreciate prayer for safe travel even though we did that in church tonight. But , you can never have too many prayers!
See you guys in a couple of days. God Bless and God speed!!!

Zoegirl

Last edited by APhatGorditaInWPB : 04-20-2005 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:52 AM   #50
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Oh hehehe the quote is for us young'uns who have heard of the singer Beck. He sings a song called "Loser" and the quote is the refrain of it....hehehe I meant it cuz I lost some more weight
Old 04-21-2005, 08:09 AM   #51
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: 217 / 217 / 155

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hello Zoe, I just wanted to get in that I prayed for you today, in case you read this before your trip Have a good time at your wedding in NY !! Don'tcha just love February
{{{Hugs}}}

*JUST A NOTE*
I do hope that all the NEWBIES know how to go back in pages and catch up with the reading of everyone's post If not... just go to the page numbers at the top or bottom rt. side of the page and click on it. With so many here, some posts may be missed --- and we don't want that now do we

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Always in Jesus*
Old 04-21-2005, 08:38 AM   #52
striving to be a loser

Good morning everyone! Still swamped at work (suspect it will be like this until end of MaY)

But I did want to check in to see how everyone was doing and share a bit of success. I weighed myself last night and am down two more pounds! (19 pounds total lost)

Plus I had started a pictorial weightloss journey thing. Only have two pictures. This one is from three weeks ago:

and this is from last night:

Starting to see a difference now.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:27 AM   #53
One Day At A Time

Talking Thursday

Good Morning CEers!!!!

I just got up to see the kiddos off for school . . .
I may go back to bed. I'm still tired. It was a hectic
day yesterday and I worked long hours. I didn't get home
from work until 7pm and I left home at 6am. I did enough
visits that I'm now off today from there but have 3 of my
regular patients to see today here. God has been so
good to me though. My visits had dropped and I was
wondering how I was going to pay my bills without
drawing it out of savings. . . . . then Abilene callled.
So, paying the bills isn't an issue anymore this pay period.

While walking across a yard yesterday I stepped in a low place
and kinda twisted my left knee and it's giving me trouble. It
was very swollen last night and hurting and this morning it
is swollen but burning, so now I know there's a nerve involved.
But I will take it easy today and hopefully it will be all better
by tomorrow.

I go to WI tomorrow and hopefully will be a big loser!

I'm be back later to post individually.

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT Thursday!!!!
olor]

Smiley <><

Short-term GOAL

L-O-N-G Term GOAL
Old 04-21-2005, 09:29 AM   #54
Christy

Wow! I hit the jackpot finding this site. Thank You everyone for the support. My prayers are with everyone. Thank You so much for all the support. I walked approx 2 miles yesterday.

Christy

"Thanks be to God who always causes us to triumph."

Old 04-21-2005, 09:35 AM   #55
One Day At A Time

Post Dieter's Devotional

Luke 6:25
'Woe unto you that are full!
for ye shall hunger.
Woe unto you that laugh now!
for ye shall mourn and weep.'

As Christians, we need to keep in mind that we live in a world of
terrible inequality. While we have the opportunities to overeat
and overindulge, many people have no such chances.
So many people starve.
It is surely humbling to realize that much of our obesity
comes from living in a culture where we can have
pretty much all we want. The Lord Jesus
Christ chastised the people of His day who were filled
with the good things of life,
because they ignored their brothers and sisters
who had nothing.
As we diet and feel the hunger
in our stomachs, we are more aware of
the feelings of our neighbors around the world
who do not have enough
to eat.

Today's thought:
Make me less, Lord:
less body,
less selfishness,
less ego!

Smiley <><

Short-term GOAL

L-O-N-G Term GOAL
Old 04-21-2005, 09:36 AM   #56
striving to be a loser

Ouch MrsSmiley! Relax that knee. That's the worst kind of hurt, hope it feels better soon!

Welcome Christy! Congrats on your weight loss and walking two miles yesterday!

lateralus98..I love Beck! Congrats on more weight loss as well.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:37 AM   #57

Jackay...another one with a great head of dark hair. Thick and managable! You, Michele, Sunny! Yes, there is a difference in the face.

APhatGorditaInWPB...NY wedding. Wow...I've never been there. Be safe and know that the blood of Christ is prayed over you and your family as you travel...Amen!

EZ...sounds like a nice weekend to go away. You are covered under that prayer as well.

Wilma...Yeah, where's the pics of the cabinets?

lateralus98...how much did you lose? Or did I miss it in a prior post?

Michele...Hellllleeewwww out there!

cbaumgardner...did you end up walking? Good for you.

I have a headache today, and I just want it to go away. I weigh in tonight, so I'm excited. Well, gotta get to work today, lots to do.

Hugs, Mary
Old 04-21-2005, 09:50 AM   #58
Christy

mkay
Yes I was able to walk about 2 miles. It was so great we have a national park with several great trails. I love it. I am sorry about your headache and will pray for you. I also have one and was telling a fellow employee. It feels like it is trying to go into a migrane.......... havn't had one in months and hope that I have stopped it today.

smiley,
Thanks for the devotion I had just read that verse somewhere else .........I guess God is trying to wake me up. LOL

Christy
Old 04-21-2005, 10:06 AM   #59
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's a lovely sunny day today. It just brightens my spirits to see the sun shining. It's a busy day for me today with two interviews to do. We're having a hard time finding a suitable candidate. My prayer is that we'll find someone that doesn't require a lot of training. I'm still learning my new position and the added stress of training someone won't help me. God is in control!

Yes, Yes, pictures of my new cabinets are coming. I'm still waiting for some hardware that's been backordered and when they're installed I'll take the after pictures and post them. I'm excited for you to see the results. I love it.

Christy: WTG on the 2 miles. I haven't been doing much lately because I've been so tired. I plan to get back walking next week.

mkay: How did the weight in go? I know you did great!!

Jackay: I can really see the difference 19 lbs. has made in your face. Keep up the great work.

Sherry: When I hear about your long days, mine don't seem so bad. My DH works long hours like you do and he's so tired when he comes home. Let us know how you did at weigh in!

Michele: We miss you! I trust everything is okay with you. Prayers!!

Gary: I'm trying very hard not to be bossy. It just comes so naturally to me. I'm being extra sensitive around the girls who have been there before me and were passed over for this job. But the time will come when I ask them to do something and they'll have to do it. For the most part everyone is very co-operative. Each day is getting a little easier and I'm feeling more comfortable in the position.

Are you planning on moving this summer? Will Angie be able to find work there? It'll be a big adjustment.

Time to head off for work again. One more sleep until we leave for our weekend away to Grand Forks. I'm soooo looking forward to it.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:41 AM   #60
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all CE'rs

Hope you are all doing well. Love having all the newbies! Very exciting, it's so nice to see others experience in this healthy journey. A new perspective.

Sorry i've been sporadic at best lately. I'm trying to catch up with you all. I'm sorry i'm not posting individually, especially to the new people.

Gary~not sure what woman thing you were talking about. Hope you are well. Love the pics. What's the plan this summer for the WA house? Will you be spending a lot of time there?

Thank you all for the prayers and kind words...
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.