Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #31  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Christy... Good Morning I have heard of the book... allot lately, but no, I haven't read it. Sounds like one I need to go out and buy

How are you today?

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #32  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

WOW! I just posted a day ago and look at what's been going on around here. All the newbies!! LOVE IT!!! Welcome to all of you.

Someone on the last thread asked about Curves (I can't remember who. I think my memory cells have joined Gary's somewhere. ) I went to Curves for 1 1/2 years and really enjoyed it. It's a great workout and I lost inches going there. I just found it hard to get there during their hours which in some places are very limited. I find it much easier just to go walking or do my Walk Away the Pounds DVD's in my house.

I agree with Sunny's advise about baby steps. It's taking me forever to lose my weight but I'm making a lifestyle change and not going on a diet. I have been losing for the last 5 years and have kept it off. I feel better than I ever have. It's about being healthy for me. The weight loss doesn't hurt either.

Sunny: Love the story. I can just imagine her face when she tries to cut into the TP.

Sherry: You're in my prayers today. Be safe!

I hope each of you have a great day!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:12 AM   #33  

Smile

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Well... it looks like another beautiful day today... but I think the rain will be coming soon, as I am watching the skies get darker as I write this. That's okay... we need it and at least it held off long enough for me to get in my walk this morning of 3.25 miles
With a new total of 33.25 for April.

*~*~*

Hello Zoe, You should be very proud of your DS, Brian!!! I am so happy to hear that he made it home from Iraq safely You sound so very proud of your children and grandchild... and rightly so. It's nice to hear all about you Now... you said your birthday is in February... when in February? Mine is the 8th... are you close

As for the ticker tracker... I think if you just click on any one you see here, it will take you there so you can have one too

Hi Wilma!! Busy here... isn't it Spring has Sprung Glad you enjoyed the chuckle

Great news Rachel!!!! W W!!! Down 6 lbs... awesome! Keep up the good job! You have good results in other areas of your phy. exam I take it...

Gary??? Gary who???? Glad to hear that your physical went well! You are so bad... ...

Thanks Sherry! Boy... you have been on early these days... trying to get in those Devotionals before you begin the day, huh. Well, we are grateful for them and the time you take to post 'em Have a good day now... I will keep you in my prayers!

By-the-way... I hope you will post some pictures when your DD's dress is finished and she's wearing it I know I'd love to see

*~*~*

*Hello's to all our MIA's... prayers are being said for you *

Well gang... I have other people to visit...
places to go.... things to be done...

Ta...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-20-2005, 09:46 AM   #34  

Ok...Who's coming to Grand Rapids? Is that Michigan? That's exactly where I live! NEVER MIND... I went back to prior posts and Wilma is going to Grand Folk, ND...something like that. Oh well, thought I'd get some company.

Andrea...Welcome...My daughter is getting married June 2, 2006...Friday night (cheaper than Saturday...lots cheaper)

Sunny and lateralus98...I absoutely LOVE all the graphics...they are so fun and just so cute. I love the mice knitting. Sunny...good for the walking. I walked last night but not too far. Took Nikki to the doggy store. She loves it there. Yes, I received the list and I love it that I have added to it already.

EZ...I felt a little bad that I was sorta hard (tone wise) with the gals from the diet group UNTIL...I received a thank you card in the mail yesterday with one of the ladies thanking me for making her accountable and "policing" her. Amen! I WILL be there for them...supporting them...it seems to come easier for me...givin' the Glory to God! It's when I keep up with reading the Word...that's when it comes easier for me.
Michele...You can know that I am praying for you and hugging you sweet cheeks!

Zoe...I fly into W Palm whenever I go see my sister in Stuart, FL. I LOVE Florida. I love to snorkel and just enjoy the brighter skies and colors...I live in Michigan...everything is either green (summer) or grey (winter).

Smiley...Yeah, 50...I don't mind, I just have some goals I MUST try to accomplish.

Well, I must get to work today...I just wasn't focused yesterday, so I didn't get too much accomplished. Prayers for all of you and those I didn't mention.

Hugs and More Hugs

Last edited by mkay; 04-20-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:09 AM   #35  

Smile

Ohhh Wilma... I forgot to ask you... how did the lunch go with your teller friend? Did you get everything worked out

Hi MKay It's soooo good to see you So happy you are enjoying all the pics Thanks for the encouragement in my walking... I am sure tryin' So glad to hear that you got out, even if it was a short walk, better then none at all... right How is your hubby, Gary, feeling these days? Is he doing any better?

How's that puppy doing What kind of dog is she again??? I have forgotten I bet Nikki DID enjoy the trip to the store

I'm glad you got the list... I forgot to post the birthdates (for Margie B) Gonna try to do that today

Later...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-20-2005, 12:21 PM   #36  

Default You all are wonderful! Thanks!

I am so thankful for all of you here in our forum.
I am in my 4th great day and I even walked again yesterday.
What a miracle. I went around my block twice yesterday. It's felt so good.
1 and 5/10 of a mile.
I am so thrilled.
Thanks!
Virginia
Old 04-20-2005, 01:35 PM   #37  
Christy

I did my ab longe last night but didn't get home until 10:00 so it was to dark to walk....maybe tonight. Soes any one have any tips for breaking a stall?

Last edited by cbaumgardner; 04-20-2005 at 01:36 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 04-20-2005, 01:44 PM   #38  

cbaumgardner...Breaking a stall? I you mean a lull in the road to success...prayer prayer and more prayer. Scripture, scripture and more scripture. Do you use your ab lounger much? I have one and I use it for a clothes line to dry my nicer things.

Sunny...Dr. called G yesterday because he's been calling them concerned about the swelling that comes the minute he gets up on the crutches. The Doc said it will probably swell for the next 9 months to a year due to the severity of the injury. I feel so badly for him. Nikki was bad today though, she was at the neighbors in the back wooded area too close to a busy street. She's in her kennel for the afternoon. Nikki (Nikita Girl) is a yellow lab with a fox reddish coloring.

momof10...yes, it is nice to be here will everyone and congrats on your success in getting out walking.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #39  
Christy

Smile ab lounge

I use my ab lounge 3 to 5 times a week. I can tell some difference. My whole family is using it....... 9, yr old, 18 and husband. ????????????? I am surprized that any of us use it. LOL Thanks for the advice I think sometimes we think asking God for helping in weight loss is too triveal. (SP?) Thanks Christy
Old 04-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #40  
Walking Off The Pounds

Smile Can I get a word in here???

Man this is really a busy thread these days and I'm lovin' it. All the sharing and support.

Zoe - glad to hear you son made it home safety from Iraq. I have a nephew, Adam, currently serving with the National Guard there, called up for 18 months and still has about 12 still to go.

Wilma - glad to hear your work is going better, hope all is going better with the teller. Enjoy your R&R, it's always good to get away and re-charge, even if it's just for a few days. I agree with you that my walking time is my only 'me' time, it also generates good endorphines which make you feel happier!

SunnyD - dear lady, your graphics are adorable. They just keep getting cuter! I can tell that you've been feeling a whole lot better just by the difference in your posts. Whatever it is you're doing, - keep it up. The 33.25 mi. walking is GREAT except I can feel your breath on the back of my neck with each step, I walked at lunch and am now at 34.6, so see, you're just about two steps behind me. . . By the way, see if you can't send us some of that rain, a little better than two weeks now without a drop! Brush fires are bad.

cbaumgardner - Christy - WELCOME. The only suggestion I have to 'jiggle' your weight and get off that plateau, which we all hit, is to either UP the exercise a little or DOWN the portion size (just for a day, perhaps two) just a little. That may help, - good luck.

mkay - good to see you back, hope you're doing better today. Sorry about DH and swelling problems, we'll keep these in our prayers and you as well.

mitchypoo - feel better girl, we're a missin' ya around here. Perhaps with the new computer system we'll hear from you a little more often?? How's the Yarn Cafe going? Hope all's well.

EZ - 10 extra bucks, --- hmmmm, considering how you got it, perhaps the offering plate would be the best place for it??? Glad to hear your physical went well.

MrsSmiley - Glad to hear they've gotten you some help at work, - just hope it doesn't work you out of a job. Sounds like you've been sticking to your eating plan as well. I carry my lunch also almost every day. I just get tired of the fast food junk and the prices. 'Brown bagging' is much cheaper and healthier (if you pack it right!).

Good job on 3-4 miles/day, even if it's broken up between regular walking/work/treadmill/whatever, it's still good. Ya gotta keep moving.

I do enjoy dispatching, I've been here since our 9-1-1 system started up (9 yr). We've had some pretty freaky calls, just like everyone I guess, but I really hate the 'kid calls', you know, latch key kids, missing children, Amber Alerts, the little ones are just so innocent I don't like anything happening to them, even though I know I can't protect them all. . .but on the other hand there are calls where you know that you've really helped.

Andrea464 - Welcome. What part of NC are you in? We're (my DD, Mom, Dad & I) are going to the Outer Banks at the end of school. . . is this near you?

Congratulations on your engagement, stay with your diet/exercise, little by little is good without too much expectation. What are you considering as your short term goal for the 25 lb? 3-4 months maybe?

Rachel - Congratulations on your weight loss. Six pounds is great for one week, - you go girl! I noticed your tracker and your goal is VERY manageable, keep reaching, - you'll get there soon!

momof10 - Virginia - YEAH, I was so happy to read your post that you've gotten a little more 'me' time, even if it is just 2x around the block. As moms we just continue to give and give, we need to realize we need to take care of ourselves once in a while too. Keep it up.

Okay, now my little bit of bragging on me, - I said in the last thread that I had re-dedicated myself to doing this and getting the weight off, etc. Well, I'm down five pounds since Sunday! Hopefully those are five pounds that I'll never see again! I feel better about myself for continuing the walking, almost every day (thank you SUNNY for helping inspire/motivate me) and just feel like I'm really going to do it this time. Anyway, hope everyone has a great Wednesday - Margie
Old 04-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #41  
Christy

Thanks, I am walking in between work and church tonight. I AM going to do this.
THanks
Old 04-20-2005, 04:15 PM   #42  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Smile

Hello everyone! Haven't been on the boards today due to a horribly nasty headache! I think I need to get my eyes checked. Anyways...

I joined Curves yesterday so that should be good for my exercise. It's super-easy to do if you don't even think about it! I decided to take a break today from doing anything physical until this headache passes. It hurts so bad! But I am GOING TO WORKOUT TOMORROW!

How are the rest of you? Welcome to our new members, you'll have a great time here! Stick with us and you'll drop the weight -- guaranteed!

Oh and thank you everyone for congratulating me...it means a lot!

Have a beautiful day everyone!!!

Last edited by lateralus98; 04-20-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:16 PM   #43  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

I think my goals are realistic, especially for someone who is 5'1''. OH did I tell you? I also grew a half inch!!!!!!!! I'm 5'1'' and a HALF!! You can round that up to FIVE TWO!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 04:31 PM   #44  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 235/198/170

Height: 5ft 6in

Hello Everybody!!

Sorry I have been gone so long. My family and I had a great time at Birch Bay. It was so beautiful! I did not know what the plan was, but my husband and his friend planned the weekend for me and his friends wife to relax. So they took care of the kids (5 total) had a menu and cooked all of the meals, and poured plenty of wine and coffee. It was amazing!! I couldnt believe it! It was raining on Friday when we arrived so we spent the evening in the condo. Then the next day the Lord blessed us with some warm sunshine. The kids were so happy. The beach was right across the street from us so I took them over there. The tide had just went out so they found a bunch of clams. So I told them we would take them back and cook them. They had so much fun. Then we went back and boiled the clams and put them in some garlic butter. The kids wouldnt eat them because of the way they looked, (quite different then when it is in the beautiful shell). So my husband, our friends and I ate them with some salmon, steak, roasted corn and white wine! Delicious!! The kids spent alot of time in the hot tub, the pool and the game room. I must say that I did get up on Sat. morning and go to the gym and walked an hour on the tredmill and lifted some weights. It made me feel less guilty about all the food I had eaten. Sunday, the kids did some more swimming and then we checked out at noon. It was really nice. But then when I woke up on Monday I was so sick!! I think I caught a cold down there. So I am recovering from that, and I didnt come into work yesterday because my 1 year old daughter woke up at 5am with a 102 fever. She was not a happy camper. So I stayed home with her and today my husband stayed home and is taking her to her doctors appt. at 4pm. So we have been quite busy lately!

Wow, I cannot believe how many new people have joined!! That is wonderful!! Welcome to you all. I was trying to read from where I left off and could not get through them all so I am just starting over. Congrats to all of the weight lost and miles walked! You all are doing great!

Talk to you soon!
Myisha
Old 04-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #45  

mnewton (Myisha)... LOVE the name...very pretty! Welcome back. Sounds like you had fun.

Margie...5 LBS....WONDERFUL!!!! What IS your secret? I feel wonderful today, TOM is well on its way, no refined sugar, not eating nearly as much and no junk food. I weigh in tomorrow night and I'm a little anxious about it. I'm hoping for 4 lbs.

lateralus98...have fun at curves. It just was not the thing for me due to the fact that I'm not a good committment person.

cbaumgardner...keep up the walkin! I'm going to walk tomorrow at the church where the bible study is and just get there a little early.

Gotta go home now...

Mary
Closed Thread