Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 10:56 PM   #1  

Smile New and looking for encouragement

Hello everyone! I'm a 29 year-old female, married with no children. I love the Lord very much and am excited to see there is a christian forum! I have 100 pounds to lose (that is my goal). I am starting on Weight Watchers tomorrow and I'm going to start walking (just a little at a time). I'm looking for others that are going through this battle or have gone through it. I think that the support would be a wonderful thing for me to give and receive. I have noticed that there are little benchmarks on a lot of the threads telling how much a person has lost and what their goal is. How do you put that information on a thread? Also, please share your stories, goals, ideas or tips with me.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:23 PM   #2  

Default Hello!

Hey, I think I must have posted this! LOL!

I too am 29 y/o, with no children (yet ), with about 100 lbs. to lose, and I love the Lord ! I am following a low calorie diet, keeping between 1200-1400, with one day, usually Sunday, to just eat and not count calories. Kind of a day of rest! lol I did this a couple of years ago and lost over 60 lbs. But unfortunately they all found there way back!

WW is a GREAT program, I have thought about trying myself, but it is really hard for me to get to meetings. I have also thoght about trying ww online. I work with several girls who have done this, and have lost a lot of weight.

I am so glad that I found a great Christian forum, one that shares my faith ! I have the Lord to help me thru, and He has been so good to me ! I know we will make it with Him on our side

I broke down and bought a treadmill, I LOVE IT It cost me a lot , but it is well worth it! Walking is a great exercise. I need to learn some exercises for my upper body. It is definitely an up hill battle all the way, but I am determined!!! I sure appreciate anybody willing to give support, and to remind me of my goals! ACCOUNTABILITY, that is what I need!

If you are wondering how to make a pretty bar on the bottom of your post, with you current weight, and goal weight, just click on my bar, and it will give you directions on how to make your own! I love it! Helps me keep track of how many pounds I've lost! You can choose to automatically put it on your post.

If you have any good ideals, favorite low cal treats, or tricks, pass them this way!! If I can think of any, I too will pass them everyones way!!

tomorrows goal:

Remember to drink water!
walk at least 2 miles on treadmill
keep those calories in check

GOOD LUCK, AND GOD BLESS EVERYONE

Kimmie
Old 04-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #3  

Thanks Kimmie! It sounds like you are well on your way! You know.. I never thought about taking a day off. That might actually help me stick with something long term. When I lost weight before I used free weights. I think I started with three pounds and subscribed to shape magazine. That helped me kind of firm and sculpt my upper body. Just an idea.. I'm going to try that again. I'm sure they have a routine you can follow on video even. I love to walk so I think that will be my first goal. I'm going to start small but keep pushing myself each new week. I'll go through my recipes and see what I can find. It's great hearing from you! Good Luck and God Bless!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI Gals...feel free to join us at Christian Encouragers!
Closed Thread