♥ Christian Encouragers #198 ♥

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to

• WELCOME!
    You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
    very encouraging, caring and loving...
    anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
    Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
    honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
    by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
    called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
    heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
    I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
    roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
    that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
    your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
    To serve as you serve...
    To heal as you heal...
    To forgive as you forgive...
    always mindful of my nothingness while doing
    great and marvelous things in you name and for
    you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
    Amen

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

• Good Monday Morning my Friends

So did everyone have a lovely Easter Sunday?!?
    What did you do & have for meals?

Joe & I sure had a nice day!! We went to church @ 7:30am and got home at around 11ish. Then we had a brunch together. Then we just chilled out... Joe took a much needed nap with his pal (Zeppe) and I had a chance to catch up with some magazines that I have saved and wanted to read through. Then... after Joe woke up, we decided to go for a drive just to venture out for about 40 min. and took a short walk in the park - it was still that damp cold, so we didn't stay. Then we came home and I put together our Easter meal that I prepared the day before: the Lentil Soup, the Marinated Lamb Chops (done on the grill), and the Rice, Basil & Parmesan-Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes... it all came out so good! Joe was like... "Would you make this again? Before next Easter" It always thrills me me he enjoys a meal I have taken so much time to cook up. Then we watched a movie I bought at Wal-Mart for $5.00 titled, *Music From Another Room* with Jude Law... it was a nice romance story... Joe liked it too I do have some pictures that I will share with you all later of our decorations and our dinner

Joe's music program went Beautifully too! He was so pleased with the choir and the celebration was just beautiful! I was beaming... I am so.proud of him and what he can do! People just love him! What a wonderful way to begin the day of Christ's Resurrection

Well... it's time for me to get on the T-Mill this morning even though I'd rather not I must burn some calories off from the goodies I enjoyed yesterday Joe bought me a few Dark Chocolate Eggs (you will see them in my pictures). I did have one (they are big), but I will enjoy the rest in smaller bits. He said he wanted to have something for Easter in our candy dishes... right... Oh, we also colored a dozen eggs together yesterday afternoon --- FUN!!!

Hello's to our MIA's...
    *Have a Wonderful Monday*

(((Hugs)))
    SunnyD
    <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Hi Wilma!
    Hi there...

I just saw your post on the last thread You must have been posting just as I was starting the new thread. You might want to highlight, copy and paste what you wrote onto this new thread, so everyone can see.

I am so glad to read that you had such a nice day too! There is somethig about Easter that brings so much peace in my heart.

Please know that I will keep your parents in my prayers for their struggling health And I will keep you close in prayer as well --- what ever happens, you will do well!!

Me too Wilma... yesterday was a day that I totally just enjoyed the food - not thinking of what I could or couldn't eat... I didn't eat large portions (everything was small) but I took my enzymes and enjoyed it all And that's the way it should be for everyone... so I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed all the great foods too.

I'll keep you in my prayers for today
    Keep us posted!
    {{{Hugs}}}
    SunnyD
    <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Good morning! and hope you all had a Blessed Easter! I went to church, a church i haven't been to in awhile and i just loved the service, i think i'm going to start going there. I felt the Spirit there and I cried during the worship music and service... I was so glad I went to church, i've been spiritually thirsty. I signed up for their Spring/Summer Alpha and then realized that i cannot attend because it's on support group night, i don't know what i was thinking. Then i went home, changed clothes, talked to my mom (it was her birthday), watched some travel shows (I want to go to Venice so bad), and then I took a nap...it was a wonderful day. And guess who called me from Louisiana?? Yes, Eric, the guy i had a date with last week called me to wish me a happy Easter. I thought that was thoughtful of him while he is visiting with his family and his son.

Today is a new day! I feel good and energetic, i've noticed i've been waking up before my alarm, it isn't taking me over a 1/2 hour to get out of bed and i actually feel rested. My epstein barr is better or gone for now or maybe it's the weightloss, but whatever, i like feeling better. Today is a beautiful sunny day! It looks and feels like spring. It may hit 60 here!! I think i'm going to take a walk tonight after work, after WI. My goal again this week is to WI 3 x's.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!
  • Hi!
    Wilma-prayers all goes well today! Sunny- I love Dk choc. its my favorite
    Glad everyone easter went well, mine too. I just popped in gotta go with a client for an ultasound but I had a great weekend. Kids had wonderful time at fondue party on friday night, what a mess. Then Sunday up at 4am to pick up bil at 5:15am to church at 5:45 am cooking pancakes for breakfast after son rise service. It was a nice service and breakfast. Big clean-up then stayed for Sunday School, went hom to Mom and DAd were we had turkey and ham dinner with the trimmings and home-made custard pie. So yummy. Great weekend, sure I didn't loose anything. Gotta run, have an awesome day! Its pouring here, should get rid of rest of snow. See ya!
  • Monday Lunchtime!
    Hello All...

Easter was laid back. Went to church the to visit a pastor at another church, home approx 1:30. DH took a nap. I did some laundry, putzed a bit, took a little snooze, kids came over after 6:00 for a short visit. Watched the movie on TV last night and I fell asleep during it.

I DID take a walk yesterday and Saturday. Yipee! BUT...ate a bunch of bite-size candy bars today at work. Oh well...perhaps another walk before healthy eating class tonight.

I did put on my workout clothes for lunchtime today at the gym (treadmill) and got on everything but the shoes when I realized I had two right shoes with me.

Wilma...back to business huh? Milk Chocolate is my thing...Hershey's chocolate!

Sunny...you day sounded lovely and relaxing.

Mitchy...Eric? I glad you enjoyed the church you went to. Sometimes we just need more.

Doitforme...sounds like you had a nice Resurrection Day as well.

DH goes Thursday to the dr. to get stitches out of his foot and see how things are progressing and then to find out what he must do to continue the healing.

Hugs
  • I was sure i mentioned Eric, whom i had a mini-date with last week? We talked a few times and then he asked if i wanted to meet at the golf club last week, kind of last minute and i felt comfortable and why not? So we met, he had a sampler platter, i had a glass of wine, we got along really well. He's cute and a southern gentleman, he loves the Lord, we got along really well. Too soon to tell, but he seems really nice and maybe someone i could enjoy spending time with.
  • Michele...too fun about Eric. I have healthy eating class at my house tonight and I'm hoping people leave around 8:30 so I can go play with that pendant.

I'm ready to go home from work RIGHT NOW...but it's not 5:00 yet.

I may not get that walk in tonight. Fix dinner and quick clean the house before they get there.

Later all!
  • Note to self....go home, take Simba out to go potty, put on tennis shoes, GO FOR WALK!!!! Then, have some dinner.
  • Hello! I just wanted to let you know what happened today. I GOT THE JOB!!! I am still in shock but am looking forward to the challenge. It's a huge responsibility but I know I can do it.

I just want to thank you all for your prayer support. It means so much to me and now I'm going to need it even more. I am so blessed to have friends like you!

Talk to you tomorrow!

• WILMA!!!

I knew in my heart you would get it

I will continue to hold you close in prayer as you begin this new endeavor... you will be great at it!

You go girl!!!

SunnyD
    <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

• Hi Michele, sounds like you had a really relaxing day... one you needed. Good for you! So do you think you will be joining that church? Sounds like you had a wonderful experience there.

Belated wishes to your mother for her birthday My nephews birthday was on Easter this year too.

You did mention Eric before, so you aren't imagining things So... ... Eric called you? He sounds like a real gentleman... and this was after only one date... hummmmm

Isn't it nice to have to see the sun in the early morning lately... can you believe that this coming weekend we go into daylight savings ~ turning the clocks forward. I hate to lose that hour, but do enjoy the sunlight into the evenings... well, when we get sun I think today we just might see it The weather-persons are calling for sunshine and temps into the 50's Tomorrow may even get into the the 60's I am looking forward to those temps! You know that you are actually getting warmer temps then we are right now! Strange weather!! We didn't even break 45* yesterday & it was rainy all day Did you go for your walk??

Hi Sue, so you are a DARK chocolate lover too... a girl after my own heart. I have always preferred dark chocolate and then I find out that it is the better chocolate for you - cool beans! I always have a pkg. of the Dove Darks in my home... that is one treat I will not give up... although, I must limit how many I have to one a day (they are very small), but that's okay --- better then none at all

Boy-o'boy... you sounded busy on Easter too... cooking pancakes, yummy My hubby loves them! Did you have a good amount of people come?

As for your dinner with your family, my mouth was watering. I love turkey & custard pie... especially homemade custard pie! Definitely a day you needed with all you do

Hi MKay, Your day sounded pleasant too! I like nap days Joe took one too, he was so wiped out after all the practices and services. Good for you getting out for a walk I never did walk on my T-Mill yesterday I WILL today!! You see... if I don't walk in the morning by at least 8:30 I just don't seem to get it in. I WILL today.

Please keep us informed on how DH's Dr. visit went... would you? I pray he is getting better!

*~*~*

Well... Joe will be back soon from his breakfast out with his buddies, so I'm off to get his lunch made before he gets home to pick it up. You all have a great day today... I sure do hope to see some of you stop in! I miss seeing Sami, Gary, Sprout, Teel, MNewton, Margie B, Brenda & all you other MIA's!!! Come back soon...

*God Bless your day today*
    {{{Hugs}}}
    SunnyD
    <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Thanks Sunny! I still feel overwhelmed by management's confidence in me. Now I have to really work hard to earn it. The staff there is really great and I don't forsee any big problems but who knows what can arise. Thanks so much for your continued prayers. I will need them.
  • Whew Sunny...you are up early today. Before I left for work today, I checked my walking clothes bag and made sure to put in correct shoes this time.

Michele...I love the note to self. This a.m. I woke up before the 6:15 alarm which is 1/2 hour fast anyway. I heard this voice tell me to just get up and so I did and I actually went on the ab thingy and pulled some bands for a bit. AND...today, I am walking at lunchtime. The remainder of the week will be not-so-nice weather so I'm going out today to get some exercise. I walked Nikki the other day but she pulls enough that my are is uncomfortable. I KNOW I need to just keep going with her to train her to NOT do that, but it's so much more relaxing to go without her. I will take her this week if we get a weather break in the rain.

Wilma...Yea!!!! Congrats on the job. What exactly will you be doing? Full-time work?

Where are all our newcomers? Teel? How have you been feeling lately?

I will ck in later...hugs!
  • hi there!
    Wilma- CONGRATS! We knew you would get it!! I am sure you'll do a great job!
    M-Kay- Hey there! Sounds like all is going well with hubby, and that you had a great Resurrection Sunday as well. Also sounds like your still coping well being positive, supportive and patient, just think he'll be able to get around soon, probably shortly after stitches come out.
    Mitchy- Eric knows a good thing when he see it, pray all goes well with getting know each other.It certainly helps that he is a believer, and loves the Lord
    Sunny- Sounds like all is still well with you, still feeling good, your dinner sounded yummy- the tomatoes sounded really good, your pics of the deer were beautiful, and of course your kiddies as well. I can't believe this weekend is daylight savings time, can't wait for it to start staying lighter in the evening, it rained all day yesterday and most of the night and the snow is almost all gone so once the mud drys up it should be nice out.
    Hi to all that are MIA! I had a bad weekend gained a couple, but hope it comes off as fast as it went on, sure isn't as much fun in reverse. Being good again now that Easter is over. Everyone have a blessed day!