Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 10:02 PM   #61  

Default Hi there!

Wilma- Wow, driving on a frozen lake I am impressed, keep praying God will give you the answer about the job. MNewton- Thanks! You make me feel good. The kids are a joy to work with, and they are all good kids which makes it twice as fun.
Sunny- Thanks! Maryanne is 57 years old. She has no family involvement, but is loved by the staff, She is like a baby in an adult body. So innocent. Wow! your own chef, you go girl, so happy to hear your feeling better. I got another early morning tom. as I am going to Legislative Day. It is when the largest lobby group lobbies our state capital. It is the Christian lobby group, where we remind them we vote, and our many dislikes with the way the agenda for the state is going ie: gambling, gay marriage, taxing churches ect. So I am leaving at 6am tom, there is guest speakers and then we are brought up to date on what is before the legislature. Then we have lunch and finish by seeing our assembly person and senator. So, that should be fun. Then we are going out to dinner tom. night, as agroup on the way home.
Have to visit the salad bar. Hi to all the MIA's E.Z. how's that house coming, M-Kay- hope your enjoying Florida. Catch ya all Later.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:31 AM   #62  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Good morning all!

Sunny, woohoo on your efforts on the treadmill, even though you aren't quite up to par. I'm proud of you. Glad you got comfy shoes, it really can make a difference. And you deserve it...

I have not heard anything from Bruce. I'm rather frustrated. I did email him and tell him about a healing service we're having at Alpha this coming Sunday. It'd be great if he'd come, but you never know. I wish he'd talk to me.

I'm swimming in my pants today!! I'm almost at the point where i just can't wear them. I've fluctuated between a couple sizes so the larger one is going to have to go. I think i should pack everything up in that size and give it to a charity. I never want to go back there. Struggling a little, but i'm not giving up. I had my breakfast at home but felt hungry so i'm having my yogurt right now. That counts as my dairy, it's only 85 calories and sweetened with Splenda, yum!

Have a great day! Tonight is the support group, only had one girl last week, but it was how it was suppose to be, she really needed to talk and we got to know eachother better. I think/hope she felt better after our talk. This poor girl has some development problems and a handicapped son and her story is very tragic. She has been abused in a variety of ways by almost ever male in her life, father, brothers, husbands........truly tragic. Be thankful for the great people in your life.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:31 AM   #63  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning
Michele, So happy to hear that you are doing so well on your food program! Wonderful to hear about the girl you helped in the support group - keepup the wonderful work for our Lord, girl! Sue, you have a great time with the Christian Lobby goup - it sounds very interesting! I just love to hear of what you do. You are so involved & such a trooper for God... awesome! I cannot wait for your return telling us all about what you did. MNewton, MargieB, Wilma, Gary, Sprout, MKay, Angie-Wangie, Teel (hope you are okay!) Sami & all you MIA's... miss you!

What a great feeling to wake up to sunshine and the sound of the birds singing away

I hope this finds you all doing well... *health* feels so good and we all deserve to feel our best

I have already gotten in my exercise today @ 8am What a nice feeling!!! To be able to exercise again and feel so well too!! I didn't realize how much I missed it! I walked on the T-Mill 1.52 miles this morning - Goal (at the moment) to get in 7 miles at the end of each week right now... then as I improve I will increase it, but I think I can do this. I don't do the T-Mill over the weekend... just too much going on weekends and besides - it gives my body a chance to catch up I hope to begin toning exercises next month 2X a week

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #64  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh, I think Mkay was leaving for a week in Florida, leaving last Thursday or Friday. I miss her too...

Sunny, i also notice things like the birds chirping. I noticed the other morning when I took Simba out first thing in the a.m. I thought, well, here it comes. I couldn't see them, but I heard them. I also had a couple fat pigeons hanging out on top of the grainery. When I see a orange breasted Robin in the yard, then it's officially Spring for me! Unfortunately, haven't seen one of them yet.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:27 PM   #65  
Walking Off The Pounds

Wink Middle of March - already ?

Hello again, sorry for the absence. I just have email access at work due to finances, etc. but weekends seems so busy trying to get caught up with everything you've missed during the week, not to mention housework which I believe is never done!

I agree with ANGIE earlier, you gotta keep moving, you may be on the right track but if you're not moving you're still going to get run over!

Hoping to get my 5 lbs down by St. Patty's Day, I'm at 4 now so maybe I can walk/sweat/work/fret, whatever one more pound. I like making the short goals in reaching for the larger ones as they are more easily obtainable and seems like it's not so depressing or out-of-reach to say I want to lose 10 pounds, instead of wishing for 90!

SUNNYD - I think your 7 miles on the T-mill is obtainable, especially since you've been having so many good days. Isn't it great that they're now stacking up? Hopefully the weather in your area will cooperate with that great feeling too. I walked in the park 1.25 mi on Sunday about 2:30 (40 degrees) and by 4:30 it was snowing and hard! We ended up getting about 5 inches, surprised everyone, especially the weatherman but by yesterday afternoon it was ALL gone, temps made it up to the upper 40's. But alas, we're forecasted for snow again tomorrow night with accumulation, who knows???? Sounds like you also had a great weekend. Going out shopping and dinner, - Chicken Marsala, YUM! Love the rainbow and poem at the end of yesterday's post and your St. Patty's doll today, you come up with some of the cutest stuff! Keep up the good work on the T-mill, little by little it all counts.

Mitcheypoo - prayers that Bruce will make it to the healing service, wouldn't that be a wonderful surprise for him to just show up and experience first-hand the love of God? !! So sorry to hear about you feeling homesick, I can't imagine living away from my family, I live the farthest away from Mom & Dad and I'm only about 15 miles. Hopefully for you too the weather will perk up and you'll also be having better days. Congrats also on dropping another size, looks like new clothes in your future!!! Maybe at the MOA?? What yogurt are you eating w/only 85 calories? I've been having Yoplait which is 170. I'm not a big yogurt fan but if I can add a little cereal. . . the crunch seems to make it a little better.

I think I read earlier on MKAY's post that she was coming back today, so maybe she'll get on soon. . .want to see some pics also from EZ when he gets back. . .

mnewton - glad to hear your son's birthday was such a success and such beautiful weather for it. It's next to impossible to plan and outside birthday party in March! Sounds like your church also has a large & active youth group, sounds like you also have a large church. Our total congregation is listed at about 125 but unfortunately as of late we've only been having about 60 attend regularly on Sunday morning worship.

I'll sign off today with a little note a friend left me. . . "life might not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we might as well dance " . . . I hope you dance - Margie
Old 03-15-2005, 04:02 PM   #66  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 235/198/170

Height: 5ft 6in

Talking Great News

Hello Everyone! I am happy to hear that everyone had a great weekend.

Praise Report! Praise Report! Channon had to have another surgery because the brain fluid started leaking again out of the incision in her head. So they went in and took out the shunt that is used to drain the fluid in her brain into her stomach. What we are praying for now is that the ventricles in her brain will swell. That would indicate that her brain is functioning on its own and she would not need another shunt put back in. Also, the tumor is shrinking!!!!!!! So that of course is a wonderful sign and they are talking about taking it out sooner than later. They were planning on taking it out when she turned 1 year, but now they are saying it will probably be sooner than that! PTL!!!! She is not having anymore seizures! PTL !!! So things are going great! She is in a little pain and not wanting to eat or swallow so pray for her comfort and that all will go well with her.

SunnyD - Good job on the treadmill. I am praying that your great days continue and that the weather will behave so you can get out too and enjoy the fresh air. I actually love the snow and my kids were very disappointed when it snowed for 15min and then was all gone. Well, hopefully that just means we will have a really hot summer.

Mithchypoo - I am praying for your friend as well. It would be wonderful if he could make it and just be touched by the Holy Spirit. I am also praying for your the girl that was in your support group. Sometimes life can get really hard, but when we know Christ, we have that peace that surpasses all understanding, and somehow we know that He will take what the devil meant for evil and turn it around for our good, to His glory! I know this and am a living testimony of that! So, I pray that she will meet God and let Him in, her life will never be the same.

doitforme - I am praying for Maryanne. With what I have been going through with my niece, I have a new perspective of the disease and a new faith for healing!! I am believing!

What a wonderful blessing to be able to be apart of God's plan and standing up for what the Word of God says. Our church is doing some lobbying as well. One of our pastors is the speaker for Mayday for Marraige and we are letting our voices be heard and letting our legislature know that we are here and we do not agree. We are also praying for and with them. It is amazing how many want and even ask for prayer when the cameras are pointed away. That is a wonderful thing, because what we cant do, God can!!
Old 03-16-2005, 08:08 AM   #67  

Default Hi there!

Mitchy- So glad your feeling better, always makes my day when pants are getting too big and have to buy new. I like shopping anyway, that is always fun. Pray Bruce comes to healing service. That can trully make a difference. I am thankful for the men in my life as well as my christian brothers in my church family. They are all special in their own way.
Sunny- Thanks ! You are always so upbeat, and sweet. I am so happy tohear you are eling better, and pray for complete wellness. We have a special day ever year, called Legislative Day where Christian from all over the state meet at Albany our capital. They have special speakers that tell you what is going on and how to combat it. Even recognize the fact it is happening. We signed petitions to our wonderful senators Hillary, and shumer. Asking them to ask their party to stop blocking and fillabustering all of Bush'es supreme court nominees. We also have signed letters to our senator and assemblyman asking them to oppose the addition of 5 new cassinos in N.Y. and the taxing of church property, and to support the defense of marriage act ect. We learned how the gay agenda is carried through our schools with different groups that invade in elementary schools. There are several that with ACLU cooperation reinforce the gay agenda under the guise of being for kids that are bullyed ect. It was very interesting.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:18 AM   #68  

Default Hi again!

We also had a speaker that is very knowledgeable about stem cell research, and how there are two different types embryonic and adult. The embryonic actually involves cloning and there has been no recorded success with Ebryonic stem cells, but huge success with adult stem cells, which are very easily harvested from umbilical cords, and from adults them self with our the killing of anyone. It was very interesting. We also got support and oppose letters for our assembly and senators that show our position. It felt good to be able to stand for something inportant, and try to make an impact.[/COLOR]
Mnewton- Thanks so much for your prayers, and so happy to hear that Channon is doing better. We find out the results from her tests next Tuesday. So will keep ya posted.
I gotta get going, gotta work today days so I can be with my kids tonight. I pretty much set my own schedule on wed. I also have a prayer request for my DAD. He is having a nuclear heart scan tom. to rule out any new issues with his heart. It is enlarged, and he has high bp, and congestive heart failure. He has been haveing alot of Stomach issues, gas, bloating , upset ect. The doc, wanted to rule out any contributing factore from his heart. So pray for a good scan, with no problems Thanks ! Hi to all MIA's ! BYE!

Last edited by doitforme; 03-16-2005 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #69  
Walking Off The Pounds

Thumbs up Good Afternoon ! !

Smiling all over myself this afternoon, went to school to pick up my daughter for lunch and out came 4 of her classmates and jumped in our car (I drive a toyota!). Needless to say there was a lot of giggling going on to and from McDonalds. I really enjoy being with the kids, especially when everyone is getting along and just having a good time.

MNEWTON - PLT for Channon's good report and no more seizures! Continued prayers for the pain control, yet things are looking up for her, how wonderful!! I agree with you, I also enjoy the snow but I enjoy it a lot more when I can stay home! Hopefully though we'll not have too hot a summer, the humidity here gets me down -physically- real fast and that's a horrible feeling when you get heat exhaustion, yuck!

doitforme - What an experience to see the legislature first-hand! So many people just don't care but to actually have a hands-on experience, annually!, that's great and what good information you've received on adult stem cell research without abortion! Will also remember your Dad, especially tomorrow, for good outcome of his testing. I have never heard of a nuclear heart scan, sounds pretty intense, can this be done as outpatient? Keep us up on the progress.

Temps say 40 today but windchill is about 32/33 but starting tomorrow forecast gives us 50's through next week, rain most days but still yet 50's! I think my bulbs will like this Makes me wnat to get out and dig around in the dirt a little.

"Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain; but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised."

Enjoy your day!!! - Margie
Old 03-16-2005, 04:38 PM   #70  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Where's Mkay?????
Old 03-16-2005, 09:54 PM   #71  

Default Thanks!

Margie B - For prayers for my dad, I had never heard of one before, but it is done out patient. Supposedly they inject you and then you have to wait a couple hours then they have you do like a stress test but they can actually observe the heart I guess. Pray it all goes well and they find no problems.
I really enjoy legislative day. We brought some materials back to church with us, letters people can send to senators, and assembly people saying were we stand on issues so all they have to do is sign them and send them. We also are doing a petitions for them to stop filabustering the bush nominees. It is neat, Christians have been complasent for so long that we need to be more vocal about all the changes coming down the pike.
I lost another pound, which is majorly surpriseing since I ate alot more yesterday. But I was good today! Have a good one!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:03 PM   #72  

Default I Am Here...Believe it or not...

I'm back from vacation. It was a different vacation. First...I'm printing 15 pages of posts and I'm going to read them while Gary is under the knife tomorrow. His heel is being put back together. After I read each one, I will be caught up and will post either tomorrow night or Friday perhaps from work.

I gained weight so now I'm totally disgusted with myself. I'd show you the beach pics but one may get confused with a beached whale.

Anywhoooo...Welcome newcomers who are not so new anymore! I'm going to eat healthier tomorrow...yes, even hospital food.

Michele...got the pendant...cool beans! I will create you a really nice necklace to put it on.

I just may send you pics of our experience these past 6 days in FL where MOST people go to hit the sun every day!

Later and many hugs to all!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:44 PM   #73  

Default Sorta Worried

Just took off G's splint and WOHA!!!!! Swollen larger than ever. I have a feeling it's infected...but I'm no nurse. They wanted it NOT swollen so they could do surgery on it and being NOT swollen helps prevent infection. The swollen goes up to his knee. I'm worried that they will NOT do the surgery. BUT...he just won't listen to anyone. He's been hopping around working his heating/cooling job and driving with the left foot. In my opinion, he's misused his resting time for his heel to come down. Right now, I am angry with him and he appears to be somewhat nervous and wanting me to get bags of ice for him. I'm sure he's not iced it in over a week. He will need prayers for that swollen leg, foot to go down. Thanks all!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:04 AM   #74  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mkay, glad you made it back safelly, prayers for DH, wow, i hope he's ok, sounds like something he shouldn't mess with.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #75  

Default Welcome back!

WELCOME HOME M-KAY ! We missed ya! Don't worry about the gain, we've all been there, just get back into the swing and it'll go, don't sweat it! Sorry to hear about hubby, will pray foot goes down so surgery can be done. Dad's test went fine, and we will find out info tom. Hi to everyone else, E.Z. you must have that sheetrocking done by now! Where are your pics! Catch ya later.
Closed Thread