Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 04:15 PM   #61  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Nancy... I was hasty in reading your post and replying...

I see that you are down 3 lbs after just beginning,
That's pretty AWESOME!

If you average 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. a week in wt-loss (after you initially lose up to 3-5 lbs. your first week) that is a good average

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-07-2005, 05:21 PM   #62  
Phil 4:8

hi everyone,
i lost one more pound this week. i samll step at a time. i'm still working on water intake, healthy food choices, moving and just staying on track. it's an all NEW week and i get to start all over.

gary- thanks that was the easy part. i have 3FC in my favorites. i don't have a problem getting to 3FC. it's once i want to move around in 3FC where abouts are you moving to in washington. it froze where i'm at last night. it's sunny today but in the low 40s. the dog didn't even want to go out this morning.

michelle- i tried the subscribed threads things. i comes up with nothing when i try it. when i try to subscribe i don't see that anything happens. i can't put in the names of what i want to subscribe to. it's just like the above posts i would never have known they were there. i just saw my name and started reading. so how can i get those message to come to me? i'm trying some of the things. not with much luck. i figure something has to work at some point.

nancy-great to see you in this group. it's great that we have the common thread of wanting to lose weight. it's just an added bonus we can give God the credit for what he does in our lives as well. HALLELUJEHAH!!

sunny-how do you get colored text when you post here. i see it when you sent private messages. i can't figure out how to make it work there either.

well everyone stay on track will talk to you later. be safe and kind to yourself. for those who made their goals i hope you have rewarded yourself well. not food. sll gods blessings to you and yours.
kind regards,
mary
Old 02-07-2005, 05:43 PM   #63  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

OK, Mary, you are now subscribed to this thread because you have posted here. But to make it so you get an email when there is a new post you do the following:

Go to the purple menu up top and choose: User CP

Then go to: Edit Options

Then go to Messaging & Notificaiton and there's a section for Default Thread Subscription Mode and choose 'Instant email notification' from the pull down. Then you will get an email with a link to the post and you just click on that and you are there.

Sounds complicated, but it isn't. Good luck!

Oh, btw, way to go on the l lb. loss! Woohoo for you!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:52 PM   #64  
Striving To Be Healthier!

Default It's been awhile...

I've had problems logging on so have been MIA for several days. Just wanted to say welcome to any new members and to say congratultions to those that lost this week. I have lost for three weeks in a row, but will probably have a gain this week. Not enough water, exercise nor following my eating plan too closely.

Happy birthday tomorrow Sunny D! I hope that it is a good one.

lbsbgone
Old 02-07-2005, 11:33 PM   #65  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Happy Birthday Donna

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNYD

I wish I knew how to do all the great things you do with the computer...but since I can't and Angie is at a meeting all you get is my BEST WISHES and PRAYERS!!!

You and Joe have a great DAY together...'cause in 2 more years ya won't be able to get out of bed ...nah..it's just harder!!

Love ya, Gary
Old 02-08-2005, 08:41 AM   #66  

Default Tuesday a.m.

Sunny-
Happy Birthday To You...
Happy Birthday To You...[/COLOR]
Happy Birthday To Sunny...

[SIZE=5]Happy Birthday To You.
[SIZE=5]

See...Just call me Celine.

Nancy...Welcome aboard! Wow, I want to start losing again. I begin each day on the right foot then somewhere throughout the day it shifts to the left.

lsbegone- Once an MIA, then you have all the posts to read. I've done that too.

craftymom- Hope you are getting the computer down pat.

Michele- I may try some stretches too. It sounds like it helps.

Later folks...
Old 02-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #67  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

[SIZE=5]HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY!![/SIZE]

I hope you have a great day!!

It's back to being frigid here. The weather should warm up by the weekend again so I have something to look forward to.

I've been really watching my eating so hopefully the scales will show the difference. I do need to pick up the pace with the walking though. i am so tired by the end of the day that I find it hard to do anything in the evenings. I think that once the sidewalks clear of snow I can get out and walk in the evenings. Right now we have too much snow and I don't like walking on the street.

It sounds like everyone here is doing great.

Please pray for DS again. The job he got involves asking donations from people. He has a hard time doing that and the pressure is always on to get those donations. He's going to look for different work. Pray that he'll find a job he likes.

Wedding plans are progressing along. We have a place for the reception but not a caterer yet. I'm waiting for answers from a couple and then we can make a decision.

Have a good day!
Old 02-08-2005, 10:40 AM   #68  

Good morning, thanks for the welcome, I really enjoy and look forward to coming here. Wanted to come on last night, but hubby came home not feeling well, and well sometimes he's worse then our daughter was, tough auto tech gets put down by a cold, but gotta love em. We've been married 37 years, so I guess it's not like I will get rid of him. Sunny D thanks for letting me know how much weight one should lose per week I was wondering that.
I don't have a outside job, love being at home, and delite in taking care of my home, we built it about nine years ago and I swear I am still making improvements since I walked in the door, 2 months ago we put in hard wood floors, what a mess, but it looks so nice. I love to cross stitch, been doing it since I was six, grandma taught me and my grandaughter who just turned 9 is taking up my craft, even when she was little she had to pull my needle through for me.So I taught her. Well I best run laundry needs done, and for some reason it just won't jump in the machine by itself. Plus our church is getting ready for it's Easter program, so a few things need ironed out for that. I hope everyone has a great day, and will continue to pray for all in this awesome family.
Nancy
Old 02-08-2005, 11:06 AM   #69  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny, Happy Happy Birthday!!! Forgive me, i couldn't figure out another way to send this to your directly, so please see your e-card below!!
http://www.dayspring.com/ecards/card...D=01a07a3a-mtm
Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 AM   #70  

Smile Thank you so much!

I *Thank-You*
ALL for the wonderful Birthday wishes!!
How very thoughtful and kind of you
It has made my day feel complete

Thank-you so much for the *Beautiful* E-card
and the Birthday Wishes, Michele!

So far it has been a very relaxing day... we
were gonna leave early to gat-about, but Joe is
not feeling up-to-par today so he is napping for a bit
before we head out. I think it will do him allot of
good to nap... his hip has really been hurting him.

Thank-you again for your thoughtfulness everyone!
Loves,
SunnyD/Donna
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #71  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

So Sunny.........did you eat cake???
Old 02-09-2005, 11:50 AM   #72  

Talking Did I ever eat CAKE!!!!!!

Hi Michele,

Well, it was a pretty laid back -NICE- day for us yesterday It began with a phone call of birthday wishes from my parents... it's always nice to hear from them Then we did some running around from place to place, we needed to get the E-check done on the jeep, what a pain (we passed this time ) & then renewed the License Tags. Then... we went shopping at *Bath & Body Works* (love that shop) where Joe bought me a candle, bath gel & lotion for my birthday... he wanted me to choose which one I wanted because there were so many new scents to choose from when he went to get me something on his own... I enjoyed them all! But the one I chose was *Creme Brulee* ("oh my goodness" yummy!!). There was also *Angel Food Cake* (yummy!), *Lemon Meringue* & *Chocolate Fondue*. These are not desserts Well... I guess they could be, depends on how you look at it Then we went to a Vitamin Shoppe & Target to do a little shopping, I didn't feel like going to a movie yesterday, just wanted to get out with Joe. After his morning nap he said he felt so much better.

When we got home at around 4:00... Joe's sister, Annie, called me and sang *Happy Birthday* to me (sweet!) and then we chatted for about 40 minutes about our diets... she just got back from a month long vacation and is feeling really plump (she said that, not me ) --- she is a tiny little thing too. Being today is the beginning of Lent we both thought it would be a great beginning to the cleansing process from all the junk 'we' have eaten in the last two to three weeks. I am so glad I really do need to get back "on program" again before I am out of control! I eat way too many bad foods (nibbles here and there) when I am feeling good / healthy and then it all catches up with me. I sure do have a food hangover from last night ( "where's the truck that hit me!" ), but it was FUN! I'm getting ahead of myself... after me & Annie chatted, Joe & I left for dinner at one of our fav. restaurants... we met our friends, Mike & Peggy, there and had a great dinner! I had... "Oh my goodness" ,great tasting Chicken Marsala with Portabella Mushrooms (my mouth is watering as I am thinking of it again!). I even got a FREE slice of Birthday Cake afterwards ( just took a bite or two - I saved most of it for the freezer ). Then we came back here and had some decaf coffee and more cake (oink! oink!). This morning I felt like caca, poopy, crapola... (my spell check wants to fix these words - *LoL* ), but I had a super time!! But while I felt this way this morning I wrapped everything up and threw it in the spare-room freezer. Not to be touched till after Easter now... if then. I am going on a *NO SUGAR* fast for the 6 weeks of Lent and am going to try to eat more fruit and veggies instead, in hopes that it becomes a great habit by then. I thawed out some shrimp to snack on today (YUM!) & fish for dinner tonight. I am looking forward to it & feeling better again! I'm not sick like before (yeah) just feeling crummy from all the sugars

Here is a picture of me with the cake Joe bought me
Isn't the cake pretty? He did good

How are YOU feeling Michele?
Still doing well on your program?

Hope that everyone is having a good day!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #73  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Pretty in Pink

Look how pretty you are in pink!! And yes, Joe did good. That is such a pretty and yummy looking cake. Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I'm so glad, you deserve it.

I'm doing well, i've lost 14 lbs. so far. I feel really good about the program, i like what i'm eating, it's very balanced and healthy. I don't feel deprived. I can be on plan and have a glass of wine occassionally, or other things that feel like you are cheating but you aren't. Tonight I do my PT test, to finish my PT. I'm only happy it's ending because i'm better and because it's 2 nights a week that i can now do other things, like go to the gym or something.

Had support group last night, had 4 women. It's going well. I felt a little nervous because of one of the girls, long story, but the other facilitator is working on it.

I had a gift yesterday, we are now selling AAA at work and our rep came by to train us on some things and i was given a FREE membership for roadside assistance......i was floored....and i needed it so bad. God is good how he takes care of us in the wierdest ways sometimes. Then i got home last night and saw that BOTH my headlights were out? Did i already post this? Deja vu? So i HAD to go to the tire store and see if they'd put the 2 bulbs i had in my car that i didn't know how to change and i needed the other headlight added too, it only cost me $24 something, well worth it to me.

More later (i'm being bad, i should be working)...
Old 02-09-2005, 12:44 PM   #74  
No Uno Mas?

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a day or so. We had more snow yesterday and my 1st meeting with my English Conversation Partner was called off and college was closed for the rest of the day. I'm hoping that Tuesday will be the day we can finally meet. I should be receiving my violin soon..can't wait to start lessons..that is if I can find someone who is ok with teaching a lefty.

How man pages do you go before starting a new thread?

Sunny-Happy belated birthday..sorry I missed it.

Have a good day
Old 02-09-2005, 01:16 PM   #75  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

You'd have to cross the pond, , Christina, but Teel plays violin i think! Hey, Teel, where are you sweets?
Closed Thread