Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 09:21 PM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #194 ♥

WELCOME!
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

*Domino under our Christmas tree Christmas Day*
Old 01-05-2005, 09:26 PM   #2  

Smile Pictures

Just about all our gifts under the tree & an extra treat! Domino! So adorable!!

Domino & Me with new jammies from Joe

Joe with his Jerry Baker Yard & Garden Books & on our porch with his gift from Mrs. Claus

Look at what she got him... a Craftsman Work Ctr! He likes!! Me with Lenox Kitties from my mom

The day after Christmas: Our Best Friends (Mike & Peggy-far right) with their girls (Sandy-in red & Lisa) at our home. Peg & I are putting together a ginger house kit... fun! I was sooo ill that night from a bad head cold, but determined to have fun...

Our Ginger House all finished

Guido likes my new jammies too...

New Year's Eve at Mike & Peg's - Me talking & Joe ready with the confetti!

*Happy New Year!*
Look at the confetti in the air!! Do you see Joe (left side)? Lisa, our God-daughter (Mike & Peg's youngest) afterwards - so sweet!

Joe on New Year's Day with our turkey - YUM! Me getting Guido kisses

Hope you like the pictures...
it's been sooo long since I have posted here -
I so missed you all!

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #3  

Smile

Hi gang!!!!

Finally!!! I have gotten on and stayed on!! I put up a FIREWALL the other day and am wondering if that had something to do with my having a hard time? It seems that everytime an ad would try to pop up that's when I would loose the post / site. I stayed on most of the day and tried on and off and then finally decided to change the level of my firewall and finally got on.

We had an awesome Christmas, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! We were very busy everyday, but totally chilled out on New Years day together --- it was absolutely blissful!!! Knowing we didn't have to be anywhere and all I had to do was put in the turkey. And the aroma of that bird was heavenly Not to mention that it tasted mighty good too if I do say so myself...

I do hope that you all did too!!! I have to go back now that I have gotten on and stayed on & catch up with some reading... bear with me while I catch up in my reading of your posts, okay

Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-05-2005, 10:20 PM   #4  

Smile Special Wishes...

*Happy 9th Anniversary
(tomorrow)
Gary & Angie!!!*

Much Love to you both!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #5  
Striving To Be Healthier!

Default Can you tell me more about this group?...

I am a Christian and I also am trying to lose weight. I also have some health problems that leave me not feeling well some of the time. I would like encouragement and I would also like to be of encouragement and available to pray for others. Please tell me more! Oh, and I am not real computer Saavy, so the simplier the better. Thanks,

lbsbgone
Old 01-05-2005, 11:09 PM   #6  

Smile *Welcome*

*WELCOME LBSBGONE!*

We are a mix of all different churches & diets, but are of one belief that *Jesus Christ is our Savior* and through HIM we can do anything What more would you like to know?

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 01-05-2005 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #7  

Smile A little catching up...

Hi Gary, You just got my card... wow, the mail is sure slow. Glad you liked it I made that card ya know (I made 130 cards this year) - nothing special, but fun. How are those pups doing? Bet that they are getting big! Have they calmed down a bit?

I hope that you and Angie have a wonderful & memorable day tomorrow for your Anniversary. You planning anything SPECIAL??? Hint- Hint - Hint

Our Browns won a game!!!! Cannot believe it!

Hi Wilma, Sounds like you are coming along just fine with your new kitchen. Glad to hear that you had such a nice Christmas - me too! Now that the holiday's are done we can all get back *on track* again

That is just too cool that your future daughter-in-law asked you to go shopping with her for her dress - I am so happy for you! ! What a great beginning to an awesome relationship between the two of you.

Hey there Bunna, It's great seeing you back! Good news that you were able to get rid of 4.5 lbs already! Awesome!! I have 2 lbs. that I gained back since November - not too bad, I hope that I will not have too hard a time getting it off and begin to lose again. I am sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well... I was ill for a good 12 days or so myself. Real sick with what started out as a head cold; then went into my ear then into my chest. I am finally well again now that I am able to get some sleep again. Seems that it's all I wanted to do for days after New Years Eve... I was plum wore out! You feel better real soon yourself, okay

How were your holidays? Did you receive some nice things? Santa was very kind to me this year!!

Hi Michele! I am so sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you and Doug, better now then too late. I am sorry, Michele.

I have heard of LA. Wt-loss ~ I do hope that it works out well for you. I have heard that they ask you to buy allot of their foods to lose wt. and that it can get very expensive. How are you doing on it so far? Feeling okay?

Hi Teel, So good to see you around again!!! How are you doing???? Feeling any better? If anyone deserves to feel good it's you! I do hope that you are chipper again real soon! Although, I can totally understand why you would feel the blues after being so ill. I feel like I am in my latter years too many a day --- but after seeing all that the people have lost in that Tsunami I feel Blessed to live as I do on a daily basis. My heart breaks for their losses!!! I find it so hard to watch to the news and seeing all those children without parents and parents without their children or spouses and families missing their siblings... how blessed we are not to have been there when that happened. I pray for them all often! As I will pray for you and your continued health and well-being. Courage... you have come so far already and have done so well.

Hi MKay, I tried to catch up with all the posts the best I could, but not easy

I am so very sorry to hear that you and DH are not doing well --- I wish I could make it all better for you both.

Here is a verse from the bible that I sent out for New Years... maybe it will help you a feel better.

"Be full of Joy in the Lord always, I will say again, be full of Joy.
Let all men see that you are gentle and kind. The Lord is coming soon. Do not worry about anything. But pray and ask God for everything you need. And when you pray, always give thanks. And God's peace will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. The peace that God gives is so great that we cannot understand it."
Philippians 4:4-7 (NIV)

{{{Hugs}}}

*~*~*

Sure do hope to see all you MIA's come back real soon!!
SAMI * SPROUT * SHERRY * SUE * ANGIE-WANGIE * ON-MY-WEIGH * DALEMARIE & anyone else I may have accidentally left out...

*God Bless you all!*
and A very Good Night...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-06-2005, 12:27 AM   #8  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Thanks for the pictures Sunny, truly enjoyed them. Looks like you all had a great time.

Welcome lbsbgone, hope you enjoy it here.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:49 AM   #9  

Hello I know it has been a long time I will try to get caught up but it may take a while!. Mom is having her last treatment today!!!!!!! I am going to the Dr today maybe he will give me some good news. My DD is doing well we found out it is a Boy! His name will be Chayse Michael. Thank you for all your prayers I know that is what has carried me through these past few months. I had a great Christmas. Sorry I have not been around much. I have been working a lot and then taking care of Mom. Of course stress just kills me so I have been taking it one day at a time.

Got to run will post more later.
Sami
Old 01-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #10  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Good morning, have to post quick.

Sunny~!!! LOVE the pics!!! I want to come live at your house......

Welcome~lbsbgone. Love your name. We're help to help and support in any way, just let us know. Hope you come back soon.

Sami~glad DM is almost done with treatment. You will continue to be in prayer. Wow, how exciting about Chayse Michael. Is this your first? Sorry, can't remember.

Things are going well on LAWL, I'm feeling really good. Not hungry. I'm having 1 cup of coffee in the a.m. with NO cream or half/half, i'm drinking my water and it's a lot of food right now. I've heard talk about them selling you stuff and i'm hoping that won't be a problem. I will buy the bars if i can, they are good and help during the day. The only way i can afford this at all is because i have the best most caring mother in the world.

I'm feeling ok about Doug. I know he's mad at me, but he's been leaving me alone. He did send a couple emails, one a little mean, but that's ok. I understand that i probably hurt his feelings.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #11  
Striving To Be Healthier!

Default Thanks for the welcome!...

Sunny, I can't believe how much your black and white cat resembles my cat. Even my husband agreed that they could be twins. We love cats! We have two of them and they are spoiled rotten.

As a New Year's Goal along with weight loss, I have set to every day have a devotional and a longer prayer time and so far so good. Because of health problems, I often times do not feel up to much, so at times would not be as determined with my goals and follow thru.

I want to lose 8 lbs. between January 1 and Valentine's Day. So far, I have lost 1.50 lbs. towards that goal.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. Thanks for welcoming me.

lbsbgone
Old 01-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs up Thursday

HI GALS

I am off work today, going to try and add a new drain to our back yard, with all the rains we have had here, and more coming, there are a couple of parts that are flooding out. We haven't had much rain here in recent years so we are do for a wet winter...biggest problem here is that people in Southern California DRIVE like it is still sunshine out there! So many wrecks, plus, since it doesn't rain much the drains are usually clogged up in the sttreets which equals more flooding and a lot of hydroplaning in unexpected areas on the freeway.

SUNNY Yep...todays mail does seem slow...remember though, there was a time when you expected mail to take a week or so to go cross country. THANK-YOU for the anniversary mention, Angie read it this morning to and said to send her thanks...she was off to work. The pictures are so cool, Angie has Jerry Baker books too. Yes we both had horrible football seasons..however my USC TROJANS had a great year!! My son and had 4 of his buddies over to watch the Orange Bowl with us on Tuesday...great game for us USC rooters, I had the opportunity in '73 and '74 to go to 2 Rose Bowl games (my girfriend attended USC) against OHIO STATE...won one lost one. It was a great fun, we saw a ton of USC football and basketball games in the 3 years we were dating.

SAMI Glad to see you posting!! Great name for the baby..bet he is gonna be GRAND Hope your mom is better, and you girl..take it easy on the stress!!

MICHELE I am sure Doug was hurt and just lashed out, it sounds like he had high hopes and is probably out some $$$ with all the travel expenses he had in the last few months to see you...too bad it didn't work out for you both...dating sure can be difficult...sometimes it looks SO good one day then the next you are shakin' your head going WHAT IN THE HECK HAPPENED! It has been 10 years to the day since ANGIE and I met...still waiting for her to wake up and go WHAT IN THE HECK HAVE I DONE!!!

MKAY So sorry you didn't have a nice time with your husband over the holidays. It sure can be stressful can't it. But you just never know what can turn it around...the thing is though..BOTH have to want it to work or it won't! God can repair anything...but we do have free will. Prayers for you!

BUNNA I hope you get to see a little bit of the JETS stomping the local CHARGERS!! Supposed to be quite a bit of rain for the game (current forcast) but that could change....I know the fans will be behind the chargers...they always come out when they are winning!! terrible fans when they are losing...in fact this year alone there was at least 4 games blacked out because attendance was so low at the game!! Good luck.

lbsbgone WELCOME!!

WILMA You are gonna be so skinny for the wedding!! How nice for the future mil to invite you...hope you all become great friends. Tomorrow night Angie, my ex, my kids and I are off to a wedding for a dear friend of our family...good friend of my kids, the girl I always wanted my son to marry she is such a great kid!! It is a formal one, we have rooms in the hotel the reception is at for the evening...Kitchen coming along?

SPROUT WALKING? KIDS?

TEEL HEY GIRL....what is it you like to do? interests?...God gave you a ton of possible options to use in your life for not only your benefit but others too...sounds like you get out there and go....so that isn't the problem...just keep going forward...I know that at times it can seem so NOT WORTH IT...but you have to get passed those things...I read about horrible things that have happened in peoples lives and can't imagine how they ever get through it...but they do...through God's help...gotta keep moving forward..EVEN when you don't feel like it...pretend you are HAPPY...it's catchy!! PRAYERS...BIG TIME!!! for you.

Well I have to get in the yard and get going...Angie and I are going out for Italian at a new place tonight...using the gift certificate we got from my daughter LAST YEAR!!...we went a couple of times but they were closed/busy...but tonight we are going to try again.

HI TO ALL THE MIA'S....

Prayers to all...Gary
Old 01-06-2005, 12:46 PM   #13  

Smile

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Sami!!!! Is it really YOU!!??? It is wonderful to see you again!! Chayse Michael, what a beautiful boys name! I bet that you and DD are so excited to meet him... when is her due date?

I am thrilled to hear that you had a great Christmas! I was concerned because so much has been happening. I will continue to keep you and your Dear Family in my thoughts & prayers! Especially your DMom! for good news!

Bunna, How are you these days??? Glad that you enjoyed the pictures, but how were your holidays?? You feeling any better ?

So good to see you came back Lbsbgone... and I think a weightloss of 1 - 1.5 lbs a week is a good rate of loss. Most try to lose it very fast and then gain it all right back not long afterwards. I tend to lose it very slowly, and I don't look at my food program as a *DIET* but as good food choices for me. I hardly gained during the three holiday's, so that in itself was good. In the past I have gained up to 11 lbs after the holidays, this year only 2 I just try to eat a balanced meals, in smaller portions 4 times a day with two snacks. I am on a *low fat* & *no dairy* or *coffee* program because of my severe IBS flare-ups, but I feel so good since I have been watching. I hated feeling ill and tired all the time. I am fighting that feeling now because I strayed on New Years Eve at our friends party and ate foods that I should not have. It will take a good week to feel good again and shake this fatigued feeling, but at least now I know I can control it.

That's so cool you and hubby enjoy cats... we have three kids ourselves & also spoil them to death. Domino (our blk. & white) is 8 years old and *our little man with 'cat'atude* at only 7lbs. The other two are sibling tabby's, Zeppe(middle) & Guido(right) 2yrs old and huge at 15lbs each!

Lbsbgone, you will notice that as you lose your wt. --- allot of your health problems will improve - not all of them (depending on your problem) but most will. Being overwt. does stress our systems more then we want to admit. I will keep you in my prayers and try my best to be a good support for you during your endeavor. Remember... not a diet but better food choices

Michele, I am sure that you are right and Doug was feeling very hurt. He probably thought you felt the same as he after all you both had done together in such a short amount of time & he had given you a ring with you accepting it. I feel sure that he didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but that he was deeply hurt and lashing out not meaning a word of it. Are you okay!!!???? Thanks! Glad you liked the pics too. Sure! You are welcome here anytime!! And I mean that!

GARY! So wonderful to see you here more regular again! I am glad to hear that you have some plans with your sweetheart for your Anniversary. Sounds delish!

I have been watching the weather channel and saw that CA has been getting allot of rains! Us too --- weather all across the US has been very strange! We are in the midst of ICE storms here... I worry about Joe during these storms. He has called me twice today just to let me know he's doing okay. Allot of accidents here too!

Did you see the Rose Parade, Gary??? Have you ever seen it in person? I would love to someday --- it is amazing what they do to create those floats!

Well, it's time to get some work done here...
Love you all!
*Blessings*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

EDIT: Our little Domino is 9 YEARS OLD now, not 8

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 01-06-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #14  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Quick hello this a.m. I am off to Costco and Cahs N Carry. Good to be back in a routine without having to worry about shopping.

Thanks for asking Sunny. I have been under the weather with a sinus thing but other than that the FMS is doing pretty good. Still have not figured out what is wrong with my knee but I suspect it will get better as I continue to drop weight. I feel so much better when I do SBD that I always wonder why I would want the other foods. In fact, I was telling someone yesterday that white flour products and sugar cannot be good for us when we actually withdrawal symptoms for three or four days when we quit using it. Your cats are beautiful and healthy and so happy, I love seeing that for animals.

Only about four more weeks at the most and kids will be out out out out! So looking forward to having the house to myself and my babies. Did I tell you we got a new rescue kitty right before New Year's. She weighs about 10 oz and someone dumped her and her sister under a bridge in 32 degree weather. Nice huh? We found a home right away for her sister which surprised me because she is black and they are the hardest to find homes for. The one I have here is a tortoise shell with the most beautiful gray eyes. My vet said "What is one more cat for you" Crazy! I just wish I could help more animals, I always feel like I am not doing enough. Until we get a cattery built though I am maxed out. The really sad news is that another of my cats went missing and we found cougar tracks near the house so the rest of them are on lockdown, they call it house arrest and complain at me but I am not feeding the cougar it will have to go somewhere else or get shot when we see it. May call our friend with his hounds to come hunt it down. They have gotten so bad here that one of them suns himself in the road down the way and won't run from people, now that is scary. I haven't seen him but several neighbors have. Lots of for someone who needs to get moving.

Sami it is soo good to hear from you. Wishing you the best for your dr. appt. today and thankful that your mom will be done with her treatments. That must be a huge relief.

Gary, yeah man go Jets. The wet conditions should be to our advantage. The only problem is when they beat the Chargers then they have to play Pittsburgh, however the Jets are my team so rooting for them all the way and never giving up hope. I heard the Jets are interveiwing Erickson, personally I like Edwards but I am only a fan so what does it matter what I think. And of course 49'ers are firing everyone except who they should be firing again.

Mkay and Mitchy, hello and hope you are both having a good day.

Sending love and hugs to all.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:27 PM   #15  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny~I've been to the Rose Parade, many times....it is a lot of fun. I even at one time was almost IN the rose parade! In my Senior year of HS i was in Tall Flags and we either didn't make it into the parade that year or I wasn't able to be in because i missed too much school and got myself in trouble.... Oh, i just told on myself. We use to go to this place not too far from my parents house where they actually made the floats and you could go in and watch them adding the seeds and flowers, it was a lot of fun. And then they'd have a parade New Years Eve, towing the floats to the parade site. I missed it this year on TV. I think it rained though.

I know that Doug spent a lot of money and time coming out here and to CA and i was concerned about it, but he kept telling me he wanted to do it. But now I'm sure he regrets it and resents me for it.

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 01-06-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Closed Thread