Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 02:25 PM   #46  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile pic cont...

The ctr-piece on our coffee table close up...

Our dining-room ctr-piece... what else but Precious Moments

My kitchen counter... do you see the tree's just outside my window? They are golden! And Joe's tomato's on our counter by the toaster - yum!!

Sorry I took so much space up
Hope you liked them...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-28-2004, 02:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

All of the pictures are beautiful! I just love the fall!
Old 09-28-2004, 02:52 PM   #48  

Smile

Well Hello FrugalChick
Thank you so much... glad you enjoyed them.

It's nice to see you back!
Hope you are having a good day!

Hi Wilma ~ I see you popped in too It is so nice to hear from you. Busy is good... too bad that the counter guy didn't show up

Wilma, if I may add my two cents worth on your counter tops... ceramic counter tops are beautiful (I have seen them in the homes my sis-in-law has done), but if anyone in your family is prone to dropping things on your counter tops I would rethink ceramic ~ it chips! Just a thought... *Luck*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-28-2004, 02:58 PM   #49  

Smile

Michele ~ What a drag that you cannot have meds... maybe the steam heat will help. Drink your decaf teas too

Glad you are enjoying the Fall pictures... I get them at Webshots.com. Some awesome pictures there. Hope you keep getting better!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-28-2004, 03:11 PM   #50  

Talking A few more... don't be angry with me, k

My sofa table with a Fall Runner...
The framed pictures are my parents on the left (2 of them) &
Joe's parents on the right...

Double Hibiscus

Dwarf Dahlias

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-28-2004, 04:40 PM   #51  

Thumbs up Lovin Those Pics

Hi Everyone...

Well, Angie, good to see you are baaaaaack. How are you doing?

Mitchy- Sorry about the pain and no meds. Maybe a jacuzzi would help. How's the cold?

Sunny-
Hey...lovin those pics. Your house is sooooo pretty. I don't decorate much.

Bunna- Where in the heck are you?

EZ- We need pics of the pups.

Wilma- I begin every day good and by 3:00 I have sucked on so much chocolate, I hate myself.

The craft show was VERYYYYYY SSSLLLOOOOWWW. Although it was slow, for selling 3 and 5$ items...Rachel and I split $180. Yeah!!!!!! Someone's camera has pics on it and I'm waiting for that someone to give the camera back to another someone so they can download them and then I can post them. Anyway...

Sunday took a turn. DH "told" me that "I" keep things back and don't confront issues and just brush them aside. I said OK, here's a couple...
"I want my charge card back and the $250 I floated you so you wouldn't have a bouncie...but in the meantime...I had one because you keep telling me you'll have the $$ and you always come up with an excuse.

Well, do I have to tell you how that went over? He got VERY mad at me...didn't even go to church with me and we only started slightly talking this morning. I wonder if he sees why I don't bring anything up for discussion. It usually turns into him being mad at me. He did write me a check for $300 and told me "that's one less thing you can Bit#$ about now." Believe me, I didn't nag about the $$. I asked him about it a couple times throughout the week and there always seemed to be a reason why he didn't have it. I let it go until he told me that I brush things off and don't face things head on. UGH! I really doubt I will be sharing for a while. The extra $50 were for new tennis shoes. I went out immediately after work yesterday and bought a pair and they feel much better on my feet than the junky ones I had before.

I did tell DH that I don't feel cared for. He never once asked to meet my friends at Shepherds and I've been going there since March. He doesn't ask me if I need help lugging "stuff" to my car in the morning of going to Shepherds for bingo (I usually and tons to bring). I also told him that my car has been rattling for how long now and he just keeps telling me "next week." It's always my hormones/moods that cause the problems. UGH!!! Tomorrow is my b-day and I hope is DOES NOT go like the anniversary did. If he'd give me 1/2 the attention that he gives the dog...all I hear is sweetheart this and sweetheart that...good girl this...good girl that...Last time I heard sweetheart? Hmph!!! Mitchy...don't rush anything with anyone!

Well, now that I vented...and vented...and vented some more...I will apologize for it...but I'm keeping it posted.

Dinner tonight with my sister and then to help Rachel at the apartment; cleaning, laundry. I know I shouldn't help her because she's a big girl and should do it herself. Ya know...maybe I'll call her and tell her I just can't help her. What should I do?

Well all...thanks for the shoulders...I'll be baaaack!
Old 09-28-2004, 05:25 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

I'm doing well, thanks! But alas, I'm off to run even MORE errands. (You know, those of you who have two cars, get down on your knees and thank the Lord! LOL)

Have a good night, ya'll.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:39 PM   #53  
14 lbs to go!!

Hi everyone!

WOW..those pics are beautiful! I am silly though because it would scare me to look up inside of a hot air balloon...weird huh?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:38 PM   #54  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Cool Tuesday

HI GALS

Hey ladies...I have a few minutes, I already have dinner ready..burritos...and my son is taking a nap...the teaching credential program ran him ragged today, Ron is eating- getting ready to go to the park and play with friends and Angie is taking my step-d to soccer practice. My daughter just e-mailed me and is off to her internship, from school, with the NAVY. I will share a story about her later.

I had the day off today...had a long day yesterday...didn't do much but catch up on some things around the garage and my truck, did a little grocery shopping...Angie and I just went to the produce store Sunday after church, we skipped the grocery store 'cause we didn't need much. I needed some things for a crock-pot stew I threw together this afternoon...turn the crock-pot on in the morning and we will have a nice polish kielbasa and chicken stew when we get home from work tomorrow. At least I HOPE it's nice..it is a new recipe for me.

The puppies had to go to bed early last night as they were chewing everything in site (RYLEE) and chasing every sparkle and shadow (REBA)...aaahhh...I needed a break so off to bed early for them...they whined a little but then they were out!

Ron tried to take Reba for a walk this afternoon without Rylee and it just didn't work out...Rylee just went nuts here in the house and Reba wouldn't walk for Ron without Rylee...I actually did take more pictures but I can't put them on the computer...Angie does it... and I always remember..WHEN SHE ISN'T HERE!!

Angie got her "first" confirmation for a street fair space...for her journals...several thousand people attend this one..next month...we shall see! how well her journals sell....she is really coming along on her website...I am not so sure about it but I am behind her 100%...I have told her many times as lomg as she believes in it I will back her...even if it means it costs us $$$$$...I am willing to be there to COLLECT so I better be willing to be there if we DON'T COLLECT!!! I am sooo proud of her...she is working really hard on this side business!

SUNNYD Hey dear!! What great pictures!!! We have balloons in our area all the time...they are so cool...right after 911..because of the restrictions...a group decided to fly over our house a few times a week...WAY COOL!!!... but then they got back on their regular routine which is about 30 miles away Love the hibiscus pictures...an older gentleman I did a job for "raises?" them...his wife called me last year to come and see them before they were gone for the season...he is 90 yrs old and still working in his avocado grove!! Your pictures remind me that I need to climb up into storage in the garage and get down Angie's decorations!! well at least my RAIDERS looked good...and my DODGERS so far...I don't expect much if they make the play-offs though...pitching is a no/no for them right now! My daughter has been trying some of the IBS recipes and really enjoying them!

WILMA Not too sure on counter top advice...I agree with Sunny on the ceramic chipping though! Cost is such a factor with kitchens..most of the houses I do are UPSCALE...way out of my range!! but they usually go with granite. I worked on a house yesterday that was recently remodeled...she used imitation marble counter tops and after only 2 months they were already stained!! ouch. Angie and I have counter top tiles from Mexico...stone...but the grout line we used is way too big...it sure looks good..like we wanted...but gets dirty easy!! and hard to (IMPOSSIBLE) to clean. All I can say is do your research!! The good stuff costs too much and the fake stuff has problems!! AAAHHH!!! what would MARTHA DO??

MICHELE Hope you are feeling better! How is your mom doing with her shingles? Battered womens group going well? Training that is.

MKAY Angie and I have seperate checkbooks...that way she doesn't get bogged down paying all the bills...she has it set up so my checks pay this and her pay checks pay that...but it is all "OUR" money!! We are on and each have access to each other's checkbook...my only problem is that I have to balance mine so if Angie doesn't record something when she has mine it can be a problem, come time to balance...she hasn't forgot in awhile though...and I just never use hers...never any money anyway...so she says . Good luck with DH...I remember when i went to counseling with my ex-wife...she was bringing up things 10 years old that I didn't know she disagreed with...such as property purchases etc...when I asked her "if when I asked you--you said you agreed why didn't you tell me you didn't really agree?" she didn't know.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

FRUGAL CHICK Welcome back.

WELCOME KITTEN

SPROUT, BUNNA, SHERRY, SAMI, SUE, and the rest of you come back when you can!! ....oops! you too ANGIE-WANGIE!

Well gotta jam...Gary
Old 09-28-2004, 11:20 PM   #55  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mkay, don't apologize sweets.....it's ok to vent. I remember being married, i remember going around and around the same problems, creating new ones, like a snowball kind of. I know it can be frustrating but I just know that God has good things in store for you, and so i hope you have some comfort in the Lord. Turn to him, always.

Gary, Angie's side business sounds exciting! Way cool! I'd love to order one....send me details when able, k. Mom's shingles seem to be getting better, she's still in pain under her arm mainly. She says that every so often she gets this jolt of pain. She's so stubborn though, she won't go get the capsaicin pills or cream. I bet if the Dr. mentioned it, she'd get it.....And the BW training has been postponed again, i start on the 6th of October. I'm still really looking forward to it.

I'm tired tonight and slightly crabby. I have a co-worker who for the last 2 days has turned into a real pain......i'm not sure how to handle it, but i'm trying to do that, handle it and not let it get to me.

Oh, John called me at work today.....just to talk. He's going to Iowa for work on Thursday and away for the weekend at his parents house. So I won't see him. I'm tired of being confused about him, he seems interested but then not. So whatever.

Sunny, thanks for the beautiful pics! Your house is so cute and cozy. Would you come do something with my place?

You know, since I changed service providers for email, my computer has not shut down once!
Old 09-28-2004, 11:47 PM   #56  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hello!

I'm almost off to bed and am not quite tired enough so I thought I'd visit you for a minute. I did pretty well today with my WOE. I wrote out a recipe for chicken parmesan and my sons worked together and made it. I think I might try that again sometime. They learn some cooking skills and I get dinner made for me. They did a really good job too. I've taken a lasagna out of the freezer and we'll have that for tomorrow.

I called my cabinet guy and he'll probably meet with us tomorrow evening. I sure hope so. I'll ask his advice on countertops too. I agree about the chipping but cost is an issue. I definitely cannot afford granite.

Michele: I am so sorry you're in pain again. You were doing so well. I wish I had some miracle cure to tell you about. Hang in there!

Gary: Thanks for the advice. It's nice to hear from an expert! It sounds like those pups and your kids are keeping you busy and probably younger too. A nice busy household. I have one of those too and wish sometimes that I could have one evening to myself. I guess those days will come soon enough.

Sunny: Great pics. We have balloons flying over our city all summer too. I love the peacefulness they depict. you really do decorate for fall. I guess I just don't have the energy to. I am looking forward to getting out my Christmas stuff though.

mkay: Happy Birthday! I am so sorry you're going through such struggles in your marriage. God is with you and knows what you're going through.

Well, my eyes are getting heavy and it's time to head off for bed.

G'nite!!
Old 09-29-2004, 07:58 AM   #57  

Red face I am taking a risk, speaking in love...

MKay ~ *HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!*

I sure do hope that you have a Beautiful Day to remember always...

*~*~*

I too am so very sorry to hear of your home problems with DH --- maybe you two need to take more time together not speaking of all the negative things and just having fun together, there are so many simple, fun things to do in life that gets lost among the *stuff* that we think needs to be done. Get to know one another again... many times there are problems that are deeper then just what is on the surface (loneliness, lack of laughter, lack of feeling love or giving it...) and it comes out in a better way when we aren't all defensive and thinking of our own needs.

Joe & I have never had separate checking accts., even when I worked. We only had one account and still do. We enjoy the checking cards because we don't need our checkbook most of the time and we both have access to it without checks anytime we need... Joe is so good about putting the receipts on my desk as soon as he gets home, so that nothing is forgotten to deduct. It sure works for us But all income is *ours* and we always talk about any major purchases and do it all together... that's half the fun! I sure do hope that you are able to work things through.

Many think I don't know of what I speak because Joe & I have a good marriage, but I think quite the opposite --- we see many going through hard times and they look to us for help in our church, because we have a good marriage. And because we are on the outside looking in we are able to help, whereas... when you are in the midst of the pain you just cannot seem to see past it. MKay, since you know the Lord, take some time in prayer and ask our Lord to guide you with your feelings. Sometimes when we run our lives with the caboose of our train - things get all mucked up & confused.

The ENGINE should be your Faith, the CENTER CAR your Facts & the CABOOSE your Feelings and sometimes we run our train backwards and aren't able to see things clearly.

My Birthday Gift to you: I do care and write this with loving kindness and if I were there in person right now, you would get the (((biggest hug))) from me!! Cuz I really think you need to feel loved --- know that we love you - with the love of Jesus Christ.

*God Bless You and Do have a Blessed Birthday
knowing you are Loved!*

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-29-2004, 10:23 AM   #58  

Smile

My sister-in-law, Emily, took this picture from her gardens ~ South China, Maine
Old 09-29-2004, 10:24 AM   #59  

Default Wednesday a.m.

Sunny- Thank you soooooo much for the words of wisdom. I love the train analogy. I will remember that one.

Last night I went to dinner is my sister and her boyfriend and my daughter Jenny showed up. Then I went to Rachel's apt and loaded up approx 10+ loads of laundry and went to the laundromat. I willl not help again because she is a big girl and MUST keep organized on her own. Her DH changes his clothes 3 times a day. EEK!

DH and I are back to talking and he did buy me an appropriate card for my birthday. He also bought me a compound bow case for my bow. I would like to start archery since my mom gave me her bow. No...no deer hunting.

Anyway...it my Year of Jubilee and I'm gonna claim it! Going into my 50th year.

Wilma- We have tile on the wall behind our counters and DH put some sort of coating (hard to work with) and it keeps it from getting yuky. So far it's been wonderful. BUT...our countertops are laminate. On the other hand...our floor is all ceramic tile and the grout gets much dirtier especially with a contracting DH and a dog. For sure the Hoover Floor Mate didn't work.

Mitchy- I guess I would put John on the back burner and just let it stay under a low pilot light. In the meantime, I pray for your pain and discomfort.

I went to the Shepards website and what a bunch of #$%$. It sounds as though it is a wonderful place to go to and it's really quite old and not so great. Anyway, it's about the people living there...not the owners.

EZ- Nikki had to stay home from working with daddy today because she went by the road. When DH yells at her, she want her mommy and wants to give kisses and all kinds of attention to me. What side business does Angie do? You probably mentioned it but I forgot.

Angie- I "might" like a hot air balloon ride...but I really haven't thought about it. I did go parasailing in Jamaica and I liked that.

Frugal- Hello!

Well, back to the jungle I go...hi ho hi ho.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:26 AM   #60  

Smile

Morning Gang!
Not much going on today... just enjoying this wonderful SUNNY weather! Blue skies and colors from the trees - it's a natural high for sure. Did you all see that FULL MOON last night? It lit up the whole sky... so cool!

*~*~*

FrugalChick ~ We don't know much about you, you are very brief in your posts. Married? Have Children? Work?

Angie-Wangie ~ I keep forgetting to mention how much I enjoy your sig / graphic... that's me dressing every morning! I am glad you enjoyed my pictures... I do enjoy sharing them As far as the Hot Air Balloons go... I enjoy them very much from the ground only! I am terrified of heights! Always have been - get vertigo really bad... so I could totally understand your feelings about looking up inside But they sure are beautiful aren't they?!

Gary ~ Your pups... How much $$$ did you put into their training??? They sure do sound like a handful! My niece had two yellow labs like that... they did nothing without the other. In fact, after one passed on the other passed on just 3 months after - they were sis. & bro. Beautiful dogs... died at 12 years old.

Amanda is going into the Navy?? Cant wait to hear all about it. Joe was in the Navy for 4 years. That stew sounds interesting... gotta let us know how it came out. It's always interesting to try a new recipe.

I think it's great that you give Angie that kind of support, we all need to have someone believe in what we are doing - no matter what happens... you are a good guy, Gary,and it seems that you learned allot from your past experiences

Glad you enjoyed all my pics too... I worry sometimes that I bother people with them I am planting my Hibiscus from pot to ground this next week... I sure do hope it survives the winter here, it's so beautiful. I hear this is a great time for planting Love the story of the 90 yr old gentleman... I only pray to be still gardening at 90 with Joe at my side! He enjoys gardening more then I do.

Our Indian's won last night , but it looks like Winslow is out for the season... He is having major surgery on his leg that is putting him out. It will be an interesting season I think.

Michele ~ Suuurrrre! Be right over!!! Glad you like the pics too.

Michele, I hate to say this, but I think that John looks to you for friendship... not a relationship. Sure hope you aren't *wasting your pretty* on him if he isn't interested in the same way. I just heard a program on Oprah with a guy that put out a book on dating and that is how he put it... *wasting your pretty* He said that so many of these women are beautiful, lovely and talented having so much to offer in life and are wasting their time on someone in hopes they feel they same way, come to find out they only sought friendship. In that case, it is your *youth & pretty* time that you are not out there looking for that someone who will fall in love with you and totally be there for you - wanting to call for a date, interested in what you are doing, etc. Don't waste your *pretty* sweets! There is someone out there that will want to be yours... you are just too kind, loving and beautiful!!! *Don't waste your pretty* okay...

Wilma ~ Come back soon and fill us in on what happens with your cabinet guy... I want to be changing our kitchen next year and am very interested in what happens with you. As for the countertop... would you let us know what you decide on that too?

That chicken par. sounds like something I made once... very good! Glad you also enjoyed my pics... I really have always enjoyed the Fall and decorated for it ~ it's so nice from Oct thru Nov and then I get to decorate for Christmas I think I enjoy it all the more because I am from the desert of Ca. and grew up with gravel, cactus, & sand So this is very beautiful to experience each season! It's just way too short!!!

*~*~*

Well gang... I must get of my butt and get in my walking for the day and then finish up my chores.

*I sure do hope you all have a very Good Day today,
knowing that God Loves YOU so very much!*

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-29-2004 at 10:37 AM.
Closed Thread