Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 10:17 PM   #16  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default dinner was nice

Hi guys

John called me at work to make sure we were still on. He picked me up at home and we went to the Chinese Buffet. We had great food (they had crab legs tonight!), and we talked about all kinds of stuff. We talked about Usana and his trip, but I never got the schpeel....i kept waiting....i even asked questions about it, specific questions about the product, etc. but the schpeel i was expecting wasn't there. He brought me home and said he had a DVD for me, it's about the skincare. Could he have wanted to spend time with me? I don't know what to think. But he's not demonstrative, we don't hug or anything like that. Again, i'm going to go with whatever happens. Let God take care of it.

I found a great airfare today for my trip to CA for Christmas. I know.....but it'll be here before you know it!

Cold is still there, throat is getting worse.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:13 PM   #17  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Feeling awful, my head is about to explode, my teeth and skin hurt....think i'm going home soon....
Old 09-23-2004, 04:57 PM   #18  

Default Almost Work Quitting Time

Angie- I make jewelry but this particular craft show I am selling "chain" type book marks and zipper pulls and custom orders for crystal bracelets. What type did you do? Glad to hear from you again.

Mitchy- Just take what you can get. Be still and know that He is God. Hey, I see Bryan Duncan is coming to your town...I'm jealous.

EZ- You are too funny about those pups. I'm just keeping my mouth shut for now with DH...and hopefully prayer will overcome things. Amen!

Sunny- How was Joe time?

I get my home computer back tomorrow...$250 dollars later. UGH

Bunna- Yeah, it is quite funny that we all have pets. LOL I did good until late this afternoon, I ate some chocolate and tonight at Shepards they are having hotdogs, bean and chips. Susie always has a plate waiting for me and I know she made it with love, so I just eat what I can and know I won't get fat from it...if...I leave the donuts alone they have there.

Well, gotta fly...bingo time it is...lots of fun things for specific people there tonight. They like that.

Hugs and so Many More Hugs,
Old 09-23-2004, 06:05 PM   #19  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Thursday

HI LOOOOOOOOOOOOSERS

Still HOT here in southern California...our typical Santa Ana conditions this time of year...everyone around this area just hoping we don't have the fires like last year. We had one start at Camp Pendelton yesterday afternoon, I could see flames shooting up when I went to pick up my nephew at tennis practice, the firemen got it out pretty quick but we still got hit with smoke for a few hours.

Had the day off work today...was relaxing in my chair this morning reading the paper when it dawned on me that I better get up and do something or the Angie would take me down when she got home

I scrubbed the sink, stove, dishwasher, microwave, counters, the kitchen trash can, the recycle trash can, the kitchen floor and "outside" of the fridge...scrubbed the dining room floor and waxed the table, dusted and vacumned the living room and vacumned the stairs and the master bedroom. Now if I have dinner ready for her when she gets home she won't "yell" at me ....man oh man...can those puppies track in DIRT!!

MICHELE Hope you feel better soon...boy! you were doing sooo good yesterday! P.S. If it's me...and that ain't saying much..I wouldn't be giving a gal a DVD on skin care...maybe a chick-flick (but then I like them!!)...maybe he wants you to be a girlfriend AND a customer

MKAY Have fun at bingo..we eat hot dogs here...just turkey though. Things will work out with DH..one way or the other...hang in there.

ANGIE-WANGIE Good to see you back.

Well the is due home any minute...I better go find something to dust ...glad she NEVER checks in here...OOPS! WAIT A MINUTE--- SHE DOES!!! man am I gonna be in trouble ( ) SHE EXPECTS IT ( )!! from me.........
Old 09-23-2004, 08:06 PM   #20  

Hello friends,
I wanted to stop by to thank you all for your prayers for our son and granddaughters. Things aren't ideal. That would be a reconciliation of son & DIL & a christian home. But, they are as good as can be expected. The outcome of the divorce was joint custody of the children. He gets them a week, then she gets them a week. We know they aren't taken care of properly with their mother....but, at least, they have those weeks with their dad, of going to church & getting his full attention.

About their dad...our son... He has gained quite a bit of weight. From 140 lbs to 190 lbs. He joined a gym, & is exercising regularly...looking very muscular...& soooo good looking! He doesn't take any drugs at all. Not even OTC for headaches (he has migraines). We're very proud of him. He & his ex-wife talk on the phone regularly now, about the girls. They decide together the important things for each week. This is the best we could have expected for now. All threats, etc., have died down, for now. Hopefully they will stay that way.

Thank you all so much for your friendship & prayers. Thank you Sunny, for letting me know of their continued concern. I've been praying for you all, also. God Bless You.

Old 09-23-2004, 08:07 PM   #21  
14 lbs to go!!

Hi everyone!!

I had my weigh in today and lost 1.4 this week! Yay!! I have been really working hard to get these last pounds off and have finally accepted that it is probably going to take some time.

MKay, I did just about everything you can imagine. I did needlepoint, to florals, to painting. I did wreaths and ornaments and woodcrafts as well! I really miss it sometimes, especially the time I had to do it. Nowadays I have a full time job so I am only creative on demand, LOL.

Mitchypoo, I am sorry you are not feeling well. It sounds like you are dating and I am happy to see you have it in perspective...and letting God guide you. I am thinking that one of these days that special person will just come walking into your life and you will just 'know'. God is wonderful!

EZMONEY Thanks!! This is a very nice forum with lots of sweet people. I plan on visiting all the time! LOL at you having to do something before your Angie got home...it must be a trait for us Angie's!

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. For some reason this week was a bit 'blue' for me and I haven't been feeling 100%. There are lots of people at work starting to get colds so that wonderful time of the year is definitely on the way! I suspect it is because the kids get back together at school and share their diseases...LOL
Old 09-24-2004, 09:17 AM   #22  
Quit counting at 45!

Angie: Way to go! I know exactly how it is. I have the same amount as you to lose and I'm finding it very difficult. Of course, if I'd stop eating things I shouldn't it would go faster. Thanks for giving me some inspiration.

Charlotte: So good to hear from you. We're still praying for you.

Gary: Hot!! What's hot?? We've had an unseasonably cool and WET summer. We can't seem to go through a day without rain.

Now that you're warmed up with all that cleaning you could come and do mine.

We have a cabinet maker coming by on Saturday to take a look at what we want done and give us an estimate. I sure hope we can do it. These renovations will give us much more dining space.

Michele: I sure hope your pain is just a temporary setback. You've been doing so well.

Sami: Good to hear from you. I am keeping you in my prayers.

mkay: YOu are also in my prayers. I am praying for you.

Bunna: It sounds like you life is really full right now. Post with us when you can.

Sunny: Hope your day is going well. I've been doing my exercises at home fairly regularly but I do admit I miss the regularity of Curves. Who knows I might end up going back some day.

Well, gotta get going to work. Have a super day!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:59 AM   #23  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi guys,

I went home at noon yesterday and slept all afternoon and evening. Still feeling punky, and didn't go to work. My boss was really sweet, understanding, asked if i needed anything.... i'm feeling bad about not being there, so i needed that.

So HAPPY to see Charlotte online! I'm glad things are kind of working out for dear son and ex-wife....you say he's good looking, huh? ....

Thank you Dear Sweet Sunny/Donna!!! for the e-card! Made me feel special.

Gary~not sure i get what you were saying...i should be offended he gave me that DVD or? You just keep busy so your don't make you DW upset!....Those pups are like a fulltime job anyway, huh?

OK, going back to bed.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:25 AM   #24  

Default Firday!

G'mornin All!

Mitchy- Rest Rest Rest is the Best when you have a cold. Just lay low and heal. Cuddle with Simba.

Charlotte- May peace reign in the households of the children and their children. I did ok eating until yesterday and now today. I ate 14 chocolate kisses. Monthly thing, and this one's not good. Glad to hear from you again!

Wilma- I hate those last 10 or so pounds. UGH! I do like the sugar yet I don't like the sugar. It's a "bittersweet" thing. Hee Hee

Angie- I understand the craft thing. One day, my daughter (probably to make fun of mom) sat down and made of list of all the crafties I've done in my life. I have to admit, it was fun because I too have done everything you can think of...even quilling (strips of paper rolled). Keep up the good work on eating healthy and glad you will be coming back...all the time.

Cinderella...er..um.. I mean EZ- I will adopt you...just make sure your suitcase is full of cleaning supplies. You can even bring the pups...hey, the whole family!

I'll probably be taking the afternoon off to prepare for tomorrow's craft show...way too much to do and will probably be up until the wee hours of the morning.

My computer man just called and is bringing my computer to me at work today so I can plug her back in today when I get home.

Well, I need some coffee to wake up from the sugar sleepies. I'll check in later!
Old 09-24-2004, 01:50 PM   #25  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Afternoon Gang...

I am sorry I am not able to post individually today, I just have a moment & wanted to touch base with you before the weekend. I have been very busy with allota little things that needed to be done ( deep cleaning and reorganizing ) and I have been decorating for the Fall... so much fun to do! We don't decorate for Halloween or Thanksgiving specifically... just for Fall and that takes us right to Christmas Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving we put up our tree and decorate for Christmas. I cannot believe I am taking Fall already, where did the time go this year?!

Joe and I had a great day off on Wednesday... thanks for asking everyone We went shopping and the caught lunch out with Joe's sister, Maria (3 hours went by before we knew it )... we had so much to catch up with because had not seen her in awhile. We had a very enjoyable afternoon with her. Tonight we have a wedding to go to at 5:00 and reception at 7:00... and our weekend is another full one. Tomorrow we meet our friends in the morning as usual and should be home by noon; then we have plans to get these windows washed Sunday after church we have a Baptism and a luncheon following and then Joe has to be at the church that evening to help a new music group out.

Our weather has been exceptionally beautiful all week!!! We are expecting another week of sunshine, crisp air
I am just loving it!

So my fellow Christians... I do hope you all have a wonderful weekend too!
So glad you enjoyed the card Michele... continue to feel better, okay

*God Bless you all*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-24-2004, 02:22 PM   #26  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Hooray on the computer Mkay. Let's not even get started on the hotdogs again, remember last time we got in trouble. I still love them though! I can probably have the Hebrew Nationals once I get back on Phase II. I am doing Phase I over again since I sooooo blew it lately.

Mitchy, hope you get over this cold quickly. Resting will help a bunch. Glad that your boss isn't adding to your worries.

EZ, those pups will be that much work until they turn 2 then like magic they stop eating everything they can wrap their mouth around. My son has a lab-golden mix and he did the same thing. Their yard is beginning to look like a yard again now. Oregon is cooling off nicely.

Charlotte: So glad that your son and ex-dil are working to make things as good as can be the children. I worked divorce law for a long time and it isn't pretty and so much of the time the children end up being pawns in a "Let's Get Even" game.

Wilma: Yeah, I have been pretty busy lately but things are calming down. We are getting our house painted rather than trying to crowd that in too. I think I am too obsessed about food though, the colors are coconut shrimp (trim), sage (main house), and burgundy shutters. Wine and shrimp with sage doesn't get any better than that!

Angie, great job on getting rid of that 1.4 lbs. No one else is allowed to get a cold now but in case you do Mitchy started it! Maybe if you take it easy this weekend you won't catch it.

Sunny, sounds like a good idea decorating for fall rather than the holidays. I won't be doing any decorating this year cuz the kids are not gonna be gone for another three weeks and then we will be painting and doing the flooring so just hoping to decorate for Christmas right after Thanksgiving.

My sister went home on Wednesday so my parents have their house to themselves again. Just looked at the clock, gotta go. Love to all and have a great Friday and remember God is in charge.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:37 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Has this board always been here? I never noticed it. But I'll be sure to pop in now that I know it's here!
Old 09-25-2004, 10:51 AM   #28  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

It's been here for a while but I don't know how long. Welcome though.

I am off garage saling today with my mom. Looking for a bedroom set and a daybed for what will be our spare room in about three weeks. Hooray!!! I think I will start a countdown.

Just wanted to say good morning and hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:12 AM   #29  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Just popping in to wish everyone a good day!

*~*~*

*WELCOME* FrugalChick!
Yep... we have been here a looong time... I have been a part of this board a year last month and EZ, MITCHYPOO, SAMI, WILMA & SUE are the ones who have been here much longer then myself. Take note of our thread # (#190) I usually begin a new thread after page 9, so that gives you some history on how long we've been here

I hope you do stop in and visit us again!

*~*~*

Joe and I had a wonderful time at the wedding & reception last night and today we feel it
We got home much later then we are use to and 7:00 came pretty fast this morning

*Have a Wonderful Day Everyone!*
Enjoy your garage sales, Bunna
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-25-2004, 11:42 AM   #30  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Saturday

HI LADIES

Taking a few minutes to check in before I take my son to get his car. He went with a few buddies to the first home football game of the year at his old high school....seems they went out afterwards and had a "few"...the designated driver brought him home...he left a note for me to wake him up when I want to take him to get his car...NEVER A PROBLEM!!

Angie is in the garage with her table set up making journals....the puppies are already covered in dirt (they have been since 6:00)..the grass is wet...then they go play in the dirt in the 3 flower beds (or should I say dirt boxes!) and just get MUDDY!! They were driving us crazy early this morning while we tried to read the paper so Angie put them out....at least they didn't start barking knowing we were still in the house...just what the neighbors want to hear at 6am on a Saturday

Angie went to Brueggers Bagels this morning for the weeks bagels! Sure are good....a lot of carbs I suppose...but we don't get into that too much...if it's junk it's junk!! if it's not...eat it. Potato chips are healthy..right

BUNNA Should come visit me...they have been having my neighbor, 'ol Joe's estate sale the past 2 days...I cannot believe the people..over 200 I am sure...I had to yell at a lady (WELL I PROBABLY DIDN'T HAVE TO...BUT I DID!! ) yesterday...she parked in the middle of our street...which caused quite a lot of confusion with all the people...she was in her late 20's probably, had her mom and 2 kids in the car...she kept going in loading up and then dropping it off and going back for more....there were plenty of elderly people walking for a block...anyhow after a half hour of this I went out and told the mom to move the car, it was unsafe...after a little flack from her the daughter came back and with more flack from her I got ...well...upset and let her HAVE IT...she moved the car!! Quickly, I might add Enjoy the garage sales.

SUNNYD Glad to hear you and Joe had a good wedding party. Now go take a nap!! Enjoy your good weather!

WILMA I hope you have good cabinet news...they can be sooo expensive!! I know that a lot of the kitchen remodels I work on are costing the folks over $35 thousand...PRETTY NICE KITCHEN REMODELS!! but I think most of the $$$ is in the cabinets..I sure don't make much for the drywall!!

MICHELE Hope the week-end finds you feeling better. Guess what I was saying about the movie was...well if he is trying to romance you...a different movie might have been better...didn't mean anything bad...sorry if I screwed up...I am sure..POSITIVE I will again...just ask ANGIE

MKAY SELL LOTS and LOTS!!

ANGIE-WANGIE Chase those blues away with a great week-end!

ANGEL-LOVER Good news from you! Prayers.

SAMI and SUE...WHERE ARE YOU GALS? Have fun.

SPROUT Walking?

FRUGAL-CHICK Welcome...been here since 2002...Wilma and Sami since 2000 I think.... ditto to what Sunny said.

Well the boy is up....gotta get a car...
Closed Thread