Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 02:47 PM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Marilyn-- Ditto to what Bunna says, tough love isn't easy. You are doing the right thing, your son has left you no choice after the many chances you gave him. Without his respect there is not much you can do at this point...staying in our prayers, Gary.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:21 PM   #17  
loser

Talking

ummm yeah

Last edited by plann2walkonwata; 01-29-2005 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:53 AM   #18  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Old 09-06-2004, 11:01 AM   #19  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Plann2~Congrats Kudos What a pleasant surprise for you. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:31 PM   #20  
Bunnababy

Well guys the beat goes on. Yesterday afternoon a line broke on the toilet in the main bathroom and flooded the hallway and the bathroom had an inch of water in it when I saw what was happening. Glad we are doing new flooring soon. Rented a commercial wet dry vac and was working on cleaning that up when the neighbor called to say they had taken my mil away in the ambulance. Off we went. My dh sat in there until midnight with her, I went back and forth between there and the restaurant. Guess what? There is nothing wrong with her. She told us the ambulance just came and got her. So I put my foot down and told my dh she cannot be alone anymore, she falls down all the time at home (sound familiar Gary?) and the sister she lives with leaves for work and she is alone until 12:30 or so at night five days. Friday night she fell down early in the evening and laid there cuz she won't wear her emergency device which would have called us. aaaaarrrrrgggg!!!! The sister won't pay for help to come and sit with her cuz she doesn't want people snooping through her things. It just is not safe for her to be alone anymore. Finished cleaning the floor when we got home, our friend called and he is back home and his son's funeral is next Sat. in Alaska so need to get dh's travel arrangements made. I am going to ladies retreat which I desperately need right now and will be gone Friday, Sat., and Sun. My eating has been horrendous the last couple of days. Guess what I am a stress eater. Big surprise. Oh yeah the emergency room doctor suggested my mil needs to eat more, big surprise there too.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hope everyone has a really wonderful Labor Day but of course I know this isn't a holiday for Wilma but have a wonderful day anyway.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:09 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Labor Day

HI GALS

Just came in from the outside to have lunch. Guess it was 101 here yesterday which is HOT-HOT-HOT for us. I finished the last of my fence this morning..YIPEE!!! now the dogs have a BIG are to play in and they can still be off the grass in the back yard...maybe we can get it back to pre-puppy green instead of the yellow polka dot looks it has now The area they are in now has 3 planter boxes 4' by 6' and 3.5' high that they can dig in...remember these gals? We USED to grow veggies in them..now they are just big 'ol dirt boxes for these trouble makers It also has tons of wood chips...great for working off the dirt on them, doesn't stain and is free at the recycle place when I need more...plus the puppies LOVE to eat the chips...aaarrrggghhh.......

Went to see daughter and .... BOYFRIEND play in their tournament Saturday...they lost a match they probably should have won...but "secretly" I was OK with that 'cause I didn't have to go down for matches today Normally I would NEVER want to see a loss..it's just that I had so much to do this week-end....and it is soooo HOT!!!

The kids had good support there..me and Angie, my ex-wife, the boyfriend's dad and sister and her boyfriend....plus Angie and I had great sandwiches from the deli there.....

God-daughter came up from her Navy ship yesterday to use the computer and go with my daughter to get a haircut..good to see her as usual.

Son had a party last night...going away for a friend party..warned me he wouldn't be coming home 'cause all drivers would probably be drinking...great move as usual...he came home SAFE and SOUND about 10am...I don't know about your kids but my son and his friends ALWAYS DD!!! They were taught well and paid attention in school!!! Just pray it lasts....he doesn't drink often thank goodness.

Step-d went up to visit "100 acrea fire" cousin on the train this week-end. Nephew spent a couple of days with his mom...now I got him slaving in the yard...to earn $$$$$

BUNNA Happy Labor Day huh!!! Don't ya just hate water leaks?!! We live in a tri-level...most of our leaks have been where we can get to them easily..but not all. Our house was built with cheap copper...over the last few years though I have had most of it replaced. Yes I can relate to your dear mil!! I remember you saying before she wouldn't wear the device...you can only do what you can do dear! If they don't want to help themselves there isn't much you can help them with...YOU-Personally can't MAKE them eat. I understand a little about why your ( not sure if it is her sister or your husband's sister) doesn't want someone in the house..too bad...the problem needs to be..as you just said..ADDRESSED! Maybe you could make a deal..wear device OR be committed to a home!!
Have a great time at your retreat...sorry again for the boy that drowned and his family...how old was he?

MICHELE Good to see you here. Did you MALL AMERICA this week-end? Angie and I have been checking out the shopping areas in West Richland and Kennewick areas of Washington...she says as long as they have a Starbucks she can live there...I am blessed with Angie in more ways than 1...she hates to shop!!! Can you believe that?? And when she does..it is off the clearence racks!! Although I must say she has discovered E-BAY!!..not many purchases yet...but..............
Any good news with John??

PLANN2 Great news!! Keep it up

SPROUT Again..PRAYERS!!

Hi to all the rest of you LOOOOOOOOOSERS

Have a great day off............. Gary
Old 09-06-2004, 03:16 PM   #22  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Lost Boys Of Sudan

BUNNA I almost forgot...about the lost boys of Sudan...be easier if you just looked it up yourself rather than me trying to tell the story...just go to google and type in lost boys of Sudan...many good articles..red cross has an entire section for them...remarkable story!! There are a few of the boys in our area as I mentioned, a couple at my daughter's college, they also spoke at my step-d's high school.
Gary
Old 09-06-2004, 08:09 PM   #23  

Unhappy End of the Holiday

I just love being home! It has been a great weekend!

Michelle-
I would love to come to MN. DH went there 3 years ago on a houseboat fishing trip. It reminds me of the Mary Tyler Show which I loved years ago. Well???? Did you call him? Listen to EZ...he's a guy and knows.

Bunna-
I have to start on Phase I again...I feel like I gained at least 5 lbs. What a weekend with the water and all and MIL.

Father in heaven...please see the stresses on our friend and give her a sense of peace. Please put healing into the body of our friend's mother-in-law. Take her under your protection and keep her safe. We pray that our friend can remain steadfast through the storms of life. We also pray that she arrives safe to her retreat and the presence of the Holy Spirit be with her/ladies wherever they are and whatever they are doing. We give all the glory to You Lord and in Jesus name we pray...Amen! God Bless

Sprout-
Boy, we have friends in our Life Team that are going through the same thing. I did not go through anything like that with my girls...DH did with is one son...the son did NOT like the rules and filed for imancipation and went to live with Mom...he's 25 and still there without a job. Tough love is sooooo hard. Prayers are so powerful...I will pray for you my dear.

Plann2- Wow! How exciting. I love the feeling of the "power" I felt when I was doing better eating. Another day tomorrow.

EZ- Yeah, can you believe it...breeding for the 1st time. That can lead to many many pups. DH has done this many times so I guess I'll just go with the flow. How old are your kids? I'm sorry, I don't have a real good head for remembering stuff.

SunnyD-
Are you home yet?

The ibuprofren (sp) went through ok. I went home from work and putts around and ate then my stomach still didn't feel the greatest. It has all passed and I WILL be more careful.

Friday I just cleaned the house and DH and I decided to go up north on Sat. a.m. so he could get some work done on a cabin in the woods. Well, our canoeing plan didn't pan out but we still had a good time just hanging out. Went to a wedding in the p.m. Home early to do nothing...TV

Sunday after church, DH had to go work and I went to Lake MI (Grand Haven) to see Selah in concert (freebie) with a dear friend of mine. We had dinner, walked the pier and enjoyed the concert. Home late.

Monday we were out the door @ 7:00 a.m. to go for a bikeride (me) and Gary in-lined skated 8mi. We went with a friend of mine from church. We have a great trail not too far from our house.

Daughter and SIL came over to hang and eat today. I love that...I do miss her.

Tonight I'm just doing inventory on some crystal beads I bought at Hobby Lobby's 1/2 off sale today. I will be making some bracelets out of them and hopefully sell them at the craft show in October.

I've taken up too much space and time...Hugs to everyone tonight and chat later. God Bless everyone!

Mary Kay
Old 09-06-2004, 08:13 PM   #24  

Default Sister in FL

I can't believe I almost forgot...Praise The Lord...Give all the Glory to God...Cathie's apt was NOT HARMED in any way and she even had electricity...remember...the center of the storm went over her city. I love God!
Old 09-06-2004, 11:05 PM   #25  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello all

Well, I got a poncho finished in rust (I really like it)(and i'll take digital pic and post asap) and i've got the other in burgundy done except for the edge lacing i want to put on it.....and I got the baby sweater half finished.....well not quite, i still have the sleeves and the ribbing and finishing. But i got a lot done..... today i had to get out of the house so i colored my hair (going more chestnut color, not so auburn, which i like) got in the shower, went to the mall (Not the MOA), had a 1/2 salad and glass of wine, and then went and did laundry. Came home and made my bed fresh and also folded my undies. And no......I did not call John and I'm not going to. I said i'd be happy to be friends and i think that's all we are. I'm so over wondering and hoping and waiting.....

I've decided i need to set some small goals and larger goals and get working on them. I'm not happy with how things are going and so i have to change my attitude and get on with it. I almost got a white board today to put in the bathroom and put my goals on there, but i didn't want to spend the money.

Alpha is starting in a few weeks and that'll be great. My cousin asked if i would be in charge of our book table and we're going to have things that we are willing to loan out, i'll coordinate that. My mom had a great idea and suggested we could loan out some Christian CD's that we have. I love that! Got some 3x5 lined cards today and a box for them to keep track of it all. We'll have some for sale, some for loan, and some for free. I have a lot of stuff to offer for loan so it'll be a good project for me.

And I have the training coming up for the battered women shelter. I'm meeting for coffee with a facilitator next Monday, kind of an interview, not sure, but i think they'd like me to run a group in my town. For some reason we have a large occurance of DV in our county.

Bunna~sorry about the flood, that is such a bummer.

Mkay~the concert in the park sounded like fun. Is in-line skating hard? It seems like it would be. Sounds like you and DH are spending more time together?! I'm so happy to hear it!

We had a tragedy here this weekend. A weekend dad picked up his 5 yo girl from the Twin Cities, drove to Wi, shot her and himself in his car......People are so sick. The grandparents said the girl didn't want to go, she was always anxious to go with dad, and they MADE her, because that was the law.....so sad.

I hope you all have a good week! My goal for the week is to drink lots of water, do my stretching exercises DAILY, and go swimming atleast 3 times. What's your goal this week? What do you need to work on?
Old 09-07-2004, 12:34 PM   #26  

Default Tuesday Lunch Time!

Mitchy- WOW...you sound wonderful and full of life. I love the ending about what are our goals? You will have your plate full and that is important to be ok with YOU! I like that! Way too sad about the little girl. People are so full of evil...don't understand.

In-line skating is hard for me because my feet get sore and I'm afraid of falling; I've already done my share. I enjoy my bike much more. I think I was not sure of who I was in our marriage at first and that is why I did the skate thing with DH. NOW...I know who I am and I am happy with just bike riding and I don't HAVE to do what he does just to be together.

Bunna- I weighed in today and I'm still ok BUT going to do better with the sugar intake today. I just have to say no! How are you doing?

Boy oh boy, didn't want to go to work today. Dragged myself out the door. Tonight I have the Shepard's house to go to and Thursday a candle party at my married daughter's place. DH is going to Arkansas this weekend for a few days to help his brother with electrical stuff and to clear brush at deer camp. That means Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are MINE all MINE!

EZ- He's taking Nikki too! I can clean and it will stay clean!

I'm feeling like I'll be getting alot of jewelry making done this week! I think I will even watch TV a bit and finish reading John (bible).

Everyone else- Hugs! Thanks for being here!

Mary Kay
Old 09-07-2004, 01:13 PM   #27  
Bunnababy

Good morning everybody. This is a catch up post then I will respond to everyone's posts from yesterday and today.

My mil is settled in and behaving for a few days. When my dh returns from the funeral on Monday we will begin to deal with her situation.

Gary, our friend was 17. They believe he had a seizure and fell into the pool but like his mother told me yesterday it doesn't matter to her because the result is the same no matter what the cause since we know it wasn't foul play or anything like that. God works miracles everyday in the lives of people that we don't even acknowledge. Alaska Airlines is flying the dad for $50 and my dh gets the bereavement rate which is discounted 50%. Then they will be staying at the air force base for $24.00 a night. They are leaving Wed. at 7:00 a.m. and then returning Monday evening. Praise God for He is in control.

Also a huge thank you God for Cathie's apartment but more importantly for her personal safety and the safety of her personal belongings.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:32 PM   #28  
Bunnababy

MKay, I have to start Phase I today too. I have just not been paying attention and now I realize that I have been eating a whole bunch of things that are not on plan which has brought back the cravings. The flood in the bathroom did my brand new digital scales in so I have no idea how much I have gained in the last five days but I know it has to be turned around immediately. I already have my snacks and drinks ready to pack for this weekend, sf lemonade and a few nuts and maybe some cheese sticks. the meals they serve are not bad but the snacks tend to be all about sugar. Thank you so much for your prayers and concern. I am so jealous of you getting the house all to yourself. I will soon though. I am so looking forward to the ladies retreat and just getting away for those three days. So glad that you and dh are doing better but I love what you said about being confident enough about who you are separate from him. That is such an important statement.

Mitchy: It is so good to hear all your plans but more importantly to see that your pain is managed enough for you to be making plans that are not based on pain. How horrible for that little girl's family but of course why would the court's take away his parental rights for visitation just because his daughter was afraid of him???

What are my goals? This week is stay on Phase I until camp and then to eat as close to PI as I can when someone else is doing all the cooking. Get rid of these cravings. I want to get to the gym at least twice before I leave, possibly all three days.

Hello to everybody else.

Last edited by Bunnababy; 09-07-2004 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:15 PM   #29  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Hey there!

Good Fall-ish Afternoon CER's (our trees are changin' here already!)

I have some catching up to do I went to Curves (35 min) and walked 1 mile and did 30 min. of stretching this morning... it sure did feel good after being so ill for two weeks to get back into my exercise routine --- I really missed it! And I am feeling really well again - what a nice feeling.

Joe & I didn't go anywhere on Saturday as we hoped to - we had allot to do here at home, but we went to church on Sunday early and then went to Kelly's Island near Sandusky, Oh. for the day with Joe's family... what a beautiful day!!!! The weather was warm with a cool breeze, the sound of the water coming up on the shore, sunny with a few white clouds - just a wonderful day! We were taken on a tour of the Island by Joe's brother, Johnny, on a golf cart... I have never been on one of those before and I love it (I want one!). We sat on the back and were able to see such awesome views of homes, cottages, gardens, boats, boats and more boats and the shore line. And we did allot of walking too, but I forgot my pedometer so I haven't any idea how much I walked. When we got off the ferry @ 9pm I just had just enough energy left to walk to the car & even less when we got home at 11pm, but what a great feeling and wonderful memories. No pictures... forgot my camera again! I had to take mental pictures instead. Then on Labor Day we went to the Fair in Burton. Oh... another beautiful day! We got there at 11am and left at 5pm and that's where I walked and walked - my pedometer read 4.5miles I was a happy camper... and we had a wonderful weekend!

How were all your weekends???

*~*~*

MKAY ~ You are so blessed to have been skipped with the IBS - it is so miserable, beyond words. But I am sure that PMS is no piece of cake either... so glad to hear that you are coping with it better. But taking 4 Ibuprofen!! That could be dangerous... do be very careful MKay!!

Did you go canoeing this Saturday? Were you well enough?

Poor Florida dwellers... they are waiting out another Hurricane. They were told not to take down the boards on their homes till they gave the okay, because hurricane Ivan could hit them. My my my... I sure wouldn't want to be in Florida. My thoughts & prayers are with them all.

Gary ~ You are just too funny! I come to post as often as I am able to

Soon (this Friday the10th) Joe & I are going to be a part of an evening Couples Bible Study --- I am so looking forward to it! We have wanted to be a part of one since we left the last one years ago. I don't know what the structure is going to be like yet, but I do hope there is some structure because otherwise you lose the focus and some people can talk about themselves forever and ever amen, if you know what I mean. I want to learn about my Lord and how to be a better Christian with my hubby... hope it goes well. I'll let you know.

I would love to help your DD, Amanda, if she needs someone to chat with. But if she needs answers to questions I may not be able to help her with right now (being so new at it myself) & wants to talk to the writer of the books, there is a place. She will answer all of Amanda's questions directly! Here is the link to the site.
Link---> http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboa...reads.php?Cat=

How did Amanda do with her tournament this weekend?

Ooooo Gary --- you are so strong! *Strong like bull* Glad to hear that you were able to save some $$$$ --- especially since your pups have caused you to spend so much on them So now that you have filled all the wholes up --- how long will it take the pups to dig them back up or make new ones Wishing you luck keeping your yard nice. After the age of 2 they begin to slow up some with their puppy antics --- I think you have some waiting to do yet How patient are you and Angie? Glad to hear that you got the fence done for them... that will really help allot. I know allot of people who have more then one big dog who have pens in the back yard for them to run and play in ~ keeping them from damaging the rest of the yard. How's your new fence working for you?

Bunna ~ Thank you for the well wishes... I am doing so much better. As for Joe---> I post on 3 different threads, so I may have posted the info somewhere else and thought I had let you all know - sorry

What a sad thing to have happened to your 17 year old friend You have my deepest sympathies {{{Hugs}}}

So sorry to hear all of that happened in your home! Were you able to get things all fixed and somewhat back to normal? It's a good thing that that happened BEFORE you had the new floor put in, huh.

I remember when we all had to make the decission to put my DFIL into the nursing home --- it was for his better care but he was none to happy with any of us at first. After he saw that he would not be neglected by us and we visited often and he was being fed well and groomed and well cared for he adjusted and then never wanted to leave. It will all work out with your DMIL, Bunna, you'll see. It must be so hard to get older and lose total control of your own well-being... I cannot imagine and don't look forward to the day I am there. My heart goes out to them. I pray the Lord comes to take us (me & Joe) home before then Vent away!!!!!!! That's what this place is for

Sprout ~ I must agree with Bunna and Gary... it isn't easy to have *tough love* but it is the best thing you could do for your DS before he has no future at all. You may not see it right now because you are right in the middle of it all, but you are doing what's best for your DS and the rest of your family. Your DS & You have always been and still will be in my prayers!!!

Plan2 ~ You keep doing what works for you, but do make sure that you are doing it with care not to stress your body by losing too fast. I am very happy for you!!!!

Michele ~ WooHoo you got your Poncho all finished! Okay... where is the picture??? I would love to see what you made. Poncho's are soooooo popular right now a huge back to school item and so are knitted scarves!

It sure sounds like you had a good weekend! I too am so very happy for you!!!!! It is so great to see you feeling well again And I know how much you love Alpha and look forward to it --- yeah for you!!!

I heard of that shooting on the news!!! How very sad! A man with no hope without a doubt!

Great Goals, Michele!!! You can do it!

Sue ~ I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend and are not working toooooo hard!

Wilmaaaaa ~ Where are you lady-jane??? You can only stay away for a couple days around here, didn't you know that How was your weekend with your family? Do anything special together?

Sami ~ I am *Thinking of you* and do hope you will come back real soon and let us all know if you are okay! I miss you

*~*~*

Here are my SePtEmBeR GOALS:

WaLk ~ 1- 2 Miles, 5 Days a week
Curves ~ at least 2x a week
Weight-loss ~ to lose at least 5 - 7 lbs. this month (I hope I hope!) and to stay well!!!

To date:
SePtEmBeR MiLeS: 7.75

SePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time

*Keep Positive*
and
*God Bless*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-07-2004 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:29 PM   #30  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face Gary

Hi Gary ~ I found this information on the IBS Site and just thought it might be something for Amanda to know...

*~*~*

Common Pitfalls ~ The Seven Sneaky Deadly Sins of the IBS Diet

"I'm following the Eating for IBS diet, but I still have problems. What am I doing wrong?"

I hear from many people who have made a great effort to modify their diet for IBS, but who still have abdominal symptoms they feel certain are associated with their eating habits. They're often very frustrated because they believe that there aren't any steps left for them to take. The good news here is that it's much more likely than not that there are still dietary triggers involved, they're simply being overlooked.

I've found that there are seven specific pitfalls that ensnare many people as they adjust their diet - let's call them the Seven Sneaky Deadly Sins of the IBS Diet:

1. Coffee (yes, decaf counts)
2. Yogurt (it's the safest dairy product for IBS...isn't it?)
3. Alcohol (just one glass of wine is okay, right?)
4. Vitamin supplements (they're good for you, aren't they?)
5. No insoluble fiber foods (they're triggers, so you just don't eat them, right?)
6. Too low a dosage of soluble fiber supplements
7. Not drinking enough water (doesn't soda pop count?)

Here is the LINK to the SITE to read further information--->
http://www.helpforibs.com/news/newsl...tml#askheather

Later...
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-07-2004 at 05:32 PM.
Closed Thread