Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 01:18 PM   #31  

Default Sunday after Service

Well...a chain of events have taken place:

Saturday- I finally asked DH to say Happy Anniversary to me. He did reluctently. We had coffee this a.m. and we both went about our way.

I felt sooooo abandoned by God. My thoughts/mind were still in the "I cannot stay in this marriage" mode. The hurt, the anger, bitterness, etc. Well, I enjoy my time at the house when DH is working all day. It's a sense of mental freedom; I don't have to hear the smart @## comments he tends to make from time to time.

Life Team @ 5:30-
It was like any other life team...potluck, and guess what the title of the lesson in the video series was??? Battles of the Mind. I had a feeling I was being spoken to. They hit on everything I have been going through. Marti sensed it. Cindy said she sensed God saying to let it out and deal with things through prayer. I said I wasn't ready to share.

BUT...I knew if God was speaking through others...I'd better obey. At the end of the video and prayer time...Marti put me in the hot seat. I finally did open up and told DH that I was sorry that I didn't share these things with him, but I feared it would come back to bite me later. I shared how I hated my life, my thoughts were not so nice, not forgiving due to constant hurts..blah blah blah. OOOOOO...the comfort of hands being laid on you and the sweet voices of being prayed for in the Holy Spirit...the loving hands carressing your arm and the hands of pray warriors on your head and shoulders. Whew! Cindy sensed that the Lord was telling her that I was a new creation and that I have been released! The hot seat lasted about 15 minutes. This group stayed late to pray for little ol me. I love the Lord!

Today at church we had a powerful message and prayer time. I ended up sharing my experience with the church. I do feel the darkness has left. Oh, I know DH's mouth will still hurt but my weapon of warfare is the vision and feeling of those over me last night. "I am a new creation." AND...DH really does not know that every thought should not come out of his mouth. I will begin praying for his wisdom as to his words and that if anyone else is witholding darkness to allow being placed in the hot seat.

Whew...now that was a good venting! Praise God.

Michelle-
We prayed for healing today...I pray that your body heals from the top of your head to the tips of your toes and may you have a restful sleep and feel like a "new creation" as you awake!

Bunna, EZ, Sami...thank you for sharing...it helps to know that I am not alone in the world.

Old 08-08-2004, 08:49 PM   #32  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hello!

I feel a little guilty for not posting. I've had a very bad week eating wise and then I tend to stay away. Dumbie me!! That's when I need your prayers the most. I still ate my healthy breakfasts and lunches but after work- look out! I hope to be back on track tomorrow and then while we're away on vacation.

I have been going to Curves and exercising at home so hopefully the damage won't be too great. I bought a cute outfit for the wedding and am excited to be able to wear it. I am also really excited to see my sisters and brother again. It'll be a little family reunion. My sisters and I are going to go to Curves together- that'll be fun!

mkay: I am so sorry that you had to ask your DH to say Happy Anniversary to you. I'll pray for both of you. I loved your story of how your Life Team prayed for you. There is so much power in prayer.

sami: So good to hear from you and that you're exercising regularly. Keep up the great work! What kind of car did you daughter buy?

Gary: Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. TLC and HGTV are my favorite channels to watch right now. One day I might start DOING some of the ideas I've seen. I get to go to IKEA when we're in Calgary. Do you have them down there? They sell really neat furniture and household things at a decent price. I think I might be able to find curtains for my bedroom there.

Hello to Michele, Sunnyd, Sunshinelady and all the rest I've missed.

Have a great week!!
Old 08-08-2004, 09:43 PM   #33  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mkay, thanks for the prayer. I do believe in healing prayer and I'm glad you received. Sounds like a wonderful Spirit filled time.

I didn't make it to the anniversary party sat. After going to the mall to get cards, etc, i overdid it and was in pain. And truthfully, there was a part of me that didn't want to go. Just too difficult to get there and i didn't know a lot of people. Maybe i'm kind of anti-social sometimes too?

John called this a.m., he misunderstood and thought our old Alpha group was having breakfast this a.m. We talked for awhile, we really do get along well.

I got a tape about a place that helps with chronic back and neck pain, going to check them out tomorrow. I'm hopeful.......
Old 08-08-2004, 10:53 PM   #34  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Sunday Night

HI GALS

Well it looks like the pictures of the vacation will have to wait, I didn't ghet around to having Angie "help me" OK-OK -- DO IT!! Maybe sometime this week. She is out giving her daughter a "stick" driving lesson in my Ranger, her "new" car-- I start taking the new F150 to work tomorrow.

My goddaughter came over yesterday afternoon with her boyfriend, they had the week-end off from the Navy-- we took them to dinner for mexican then rented the move Dirty Dancing Havana Nights, Angie and I walked the puppies while the kids all watched the movie--guess it was good...did see Patrick Swayze in it for just a minute passing thru...weired...sure looked old...at least "I" still look young

Reminds me of going to colonial Williamsburg...we were doing a tour of a big home of somebuddy of fame, anyhow the tour guide had us line up in the parlor...men on one side women across the room...we had to pair off with the woman across from us..of course it ended up NOT being Angie...anyhow it turned out I was the first guy...the guide made me and the lady across from me "STROLL" down the center of the room hand in hand while the other people "GOSSIPED" about us...one lady was so funny...she said "OH MY, did you see he is starting to lose his hair!" I was doubled up in laughter...she apologized later...then again... when our paths crossed at another site...each time I told her NO PROBLEM!!...I told her she sounded just like me with her "smart" mouth!!

Went to church this morning then we took the puppies to the little lake and park by us for a couple mile walk...they sure love the ducks...then to Starbucks...they don't like ice coffee, from Angie...no way am I going to give them any of my Venti coffee of the day!

Looking into a shuffleboard for the yard..a site in Canada has great ones.. a little pricy...$1,000 + but it would last forever...sizes are from 52 feet to the mini 27 feet which is what we would get..the LOW end model...now...if only the kids and I can get it passed Angie

Well gonna check out but want to give SHOUT OUTS to WILMA, MICHELE SAMI and MKAY since they have checked in since my last post.

WILMA--IKEA is my daughter's FAVORITE!!! store--she usually decorates her dorm or condo at school each year from their products. I was just tellig Angie that I have never really seen anything I wanted to do on my house from the "HOUSE" shows BUT I sure enjoy them and love a lot of the ideas...Angie painted our front door RED this week and put on new handles and locks yesterday. Have fun at the wedding.

MICHELE--I know what you mean..the party sounds so good until it is the day of it and you would rather just not BOTHER...happens to me all the time, but then again I am anti-social!!

MKAY-Sounds like you are better today!! Remember dear..a lot of times when we ask God to change us--WE REALLY MEAN THE OTHER PERSON!! One thing is for sure though--GOD HAS NEVER or NEVER WILL ABANDON YOU!! We just may not see His work at times! Prayers for you and your DH.

SAMI-Glad to see the IMPROVEMENT in the exercise..WOW!! you are doing so good!! Hope your daughter gets a great car, my step daughter just inherited my 93 Ford ranger with 240,000 miles on it!! She feels lucky..my son's first car was a 13 years old and my dauhgter's 15!!

Well gotta go...Gary

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-08-2004 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:52 AM   #35  

Default Hi!

I am doing well, no problems, weather still cool, actually wore a jacket the other day. strange for August.
M-kay- So sorry to hear things still not going well, but remember GOD never abandons us, and if you need a place to vent with out repercussions this would be it, Sounds like you hade a good time with your dog at the lake, what kind of dog do you own? Sounds large since kids can ride him, your in my prayers that all works out Happy belated anniversary, My sister and bil is on August 6th and my dads b-day is August 6th as well. .
Sunny- Glad to hear it wasn't you up there! Roodf does look good. I am terrible at posting pics I have to make several attempts and sometimes they actually do post but most of the time its just a bunch of wasted time. I will try to get some to post, take my word for it though Alaska is beautiful and majestic, and as I said breathtaking- Gods hand created it all in so short a time.
Bunna- I am gone alot in the summer, I always do a missions trip with my youth group even the year the pastor was so sick we went to western N.Y. for an extended weekend, . It is a joy to see them motivated to serve Christ, and they are so gifted musically which I am not.. I also am gone camping alot, and I go home to see my family every other weekend, as I live an hour away, and see them on Wed. and Sundays when I go home for church, as I am not interested in changeing membership to one nearer me. So its worth the drive, we have a very close church family. I am a home body in the winter, usually not out more than I have to be, although I still go home but no vacations usually unless it is to a warmer climate. One of the treats we enjoyed ont he missions trip was the fresh grapes and peaches in Jersey, the fruit was cheap and so yummy.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #36  

Default continued-

Sprout- Prayers coming your way for you and your family- that your able to find and recieve the help your son needs, and that the family unit will be strengthed, pray your feeling better- Agaiin thanks for all the devotions they are trully motivational and really hit home often.
Sherry- Glad your doing well! Trust your enjoying your last camping trip, I am a die hard I camp until Columbus weekend , which is coing quickly.
E.Z. - The master cylinder is seaping- they have ordered the part with installment around $170. is the estimate. hope that ends my car troubles for awhile. Could use a good garage- so hard to trust that what they say is true, and not being taken for a ride would love a garage closer that was trust worthy, its that woman thing, they take advantage. Sound like the pups are keeping ya busy. Hows the nephew doing? Enjoying the summer! The youth group left Sunday afternoon,for a camping trip with the pastor, and another group of adults , also some area churches, they have bible lessons, and do devotions but have a great time watersking, jet skiing, and messing around playing football on a large sandbar. I had to miss this one as had to work, unfortunately couldn't get the time off, would have been fun. But they will all be back Wed. around noon, they have had a busy summer, and all the activities keeps they involved and focused, teens so often drift away.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:09 AM   #37  

Default one more time-

Sami- I am so glad to hear the pain is better- smart taken meds before pain is severe. Pray all goes well with finding car for dd. How is work going, did it ease up?
undefinedWilma- Good Job! still motivated its always fun getting new outfits!
Hi to all that I missed. Have an awesome day!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #38  

Default Dieters devotions for August 9 2004

August 9

John 8:10-11
When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, 'Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?' She said, 'No man, Lord.' And Jesus said unto her, 'Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.'

The doctor was going to kill her. Kate had been told to lose thirty pounds over six months. For awhile she had done really well. She took off twenty in the first three months, but lately she had gained again, for a net loss of only about twelve pounds. Kate was astonished when the doctor merely encouraged her to try harder. Christ, like the doctor, offers us no condemnation. He wants us to lose weight for our own sakes, not for His. He wants to help us, not hurt us. Take comfort in the acceptance of Jesus Christ.
Today's thought: Even when I give in, I'm still a good person.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:46 PM   #39  

Thumbs up Monday Evening/Night

Thank you all for reminding me that God does not abandon me. I probably abandon Him by feeling rejected by Him. Anyway...today the negative thoughts tried slipping in. I MUST read devotions or anything of God during those thoughts. We just have so much going on right now that we can only look up.

Michelle-
I understand the anit-social thing. I usually tend to make commitments and then don't want to do them or go to them at the last minute. I enjoy staying home and just being here. Thursday, a few of us from the life team will be doing a 24-hour water only fast for one of the kids in our group and his parents. During that time, I am going to add you to my prayers. This will be a first doing a water only and for 24 hours. I will pray for so much healing that day.

Wilma-
I heard of IKEA and have gone to their web site. I love house decor stuff but really can't do too much right now. Soon though. I'm bringing the "blood red" color that we found at Pier One into our living room (and into my cubicle at work) .

Doitforme-
We'll be wearing light jackets by Wednesday here in MI. Boy oh boy, you are a busy woman. I've always wanted to do some sort of missions work, but don't really know where I'd fit and be most beneficial. We have a yellow lab, Nikita Girl aka Nikki and she weight approx 80 lbs. She is so loving and gentle. I think DH likes her more than me. He takes her everywhere...to work everyday and to go collecting $$ at night, to the store, etc. Probably because he can talk and talk and talk and she can't.

EZ-
Your wife sounds like a go getter. DH probably would NOT want me to paint anything in the house yet alone do the hardware. BUT...I may give it a whirl when he goes deer hunting in November. I would like to change the color of my office/computer room from a sage green (too dark for a small room) to a buttery color. Hmmm...makes me hungry for toast or popcorn.

Everyone else...later!
Old 08-09-2004, 11:40 PM   #40  

Hello It is Monday! Monday is a very busy day for me at work. I am glad to see most are doing better. I have a rheumatology appt. tuesday so I am taking the whole day off. I am also taking next tuesday off it is the first day of school so I can come home to peace! I hope to do some scrapbooking!
Mkay-I am so happy that your church friends are praying for you. At my work 6 people in the last 6 months are getting a divorce. I will be praying for you and your hubby. Remember God brought us together to lift each other up. And I think it is easier to sometime talk to others you don't know to help you though. We are here for you.
Sue-You are such a blessing to you to others you give so much of yourself. Thank you!
Wilma-It is easier to be good when you are not at home. I quit buying my weak items. The kids want to know why I don't buy junk like I did and I just say we are changing the way we eat. OF course It just kills Ashli! LOL
Sunny-Thank you for all the wonderful uplifting posts you sure cheer me when I am down.
Ez-DD still has not found a car yet. She thought she did and while they were on a test drive the check engine light came on. I keep telling her GOD will lead her to the right car. She was told last night she may lose her job because she works for the city and with all the cut backs they may close for the winter. I told her not to worry She is a very good worker and I would hire her. I told my Boss about her and she was bring her on! It makes me proud!
Sprout-I will be praying that things go well with your son. Thanks for the up lifting devotions!
Michelle-How are you feeling? I do stretching in the morning and it does help. I pray that you find a doctor that can really help you.
Sherry-How are you feeling? Post soon I miss you.
Angel lover-How is your house comming? I think of you so often. Post when you can.
Bunna-How are you doing. Praying that the weight keeps comming off.

May God Bless you and keep you.
Sami
Old 08-10-2004, 09:33 AM   #41  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all...

Starting my day and enjoying my ! Have a lot to do today, the work keeps piling up. My boss is in Europe this week, so we have a slight reprieve. I'm still busy though.

Having some bad pain again. I haven't been taking the prescription pain med, only Advil, and i didn't take any last night. I slept last night, but was up early in pain. And I forgot my ice pack today.

Mkay, keeping you in prayer. You are very dear. I sent you a PM.

Sunny~is Joe on vacation? Where are you sweets?

Sami~good to be busy, but you also need to rest. I hope you are taking care of yourself.

Bunna~are you on vacation? I think you said you were going somewhere, but hope you can check in, let us know how you are doing.

More later...
Old 08-10-2004, 08:24 PM   #42  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi CER's!
I am sorry I have been MIA lately ---

No *MICHELE*
Joe isn't on vacation. I just felt like I needed a break away from the computer the last few days... have you (or anyone else here) ever felt like that? When I am away I miss everyone allot, but then I feel overwhelmed with all I missed and trying to catch up

I am fighting a plateau right now... I haven't lost one pound since June 11th, but I just keep on working out everyday in hopes to see results soon!! I must admit that on Saturday evening I cried really hard while washing my floors because I was so tired from watching my diet and working out and not seeing any results for it all. I feel better today, but sure would like to see the scale move down
My hubby tells me that I look great, but... ... ...

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well again today. Are you still getting treatments? How long were you ill with that flu? Joe was ill for 4 days! Really ill!

*SPROUT*
So glad you liked the pics too... it sounds like you feel overwhelmed with the chores that have to be done around your home. I feel so sorry for you and know how you could feel like that, I hope you are able to get what you want done before winter, but if you don't there's always next year It is so costly to have anything done today... We just do the best we can to save $$ - doing without allot - for the projects we want to do. Do one project, pay for it and then begin another. It is a practice of patience and resistance with spending $$ on things we really don't need. I think I am going to have a *tag sale* to clear out things I don't want or need anymore, but are collections. Don't want to put those in the Good Will, but will use the items to raise some $$ for future projects. If I don't do it this Fall I will in the Spring next year.

Also... ... Thanks so much for all your posting / readings... I needed to be reminded that all is not in vain and that is what your posts have done. I know I will see results if I just keep on working out everyday and I will see results and not all my work will be in vain.

How is your tummy?? Feeling any better?

*MKAY*
About the roof: You are too funny... I couldn't even get up there!
I am so afraid of falling At least you got up there

I am so glad to see you are feeling better... I am so very sorry I wasn't there for you, but I see you were in good hands! Yes, I may have been on the net when you were on the other day, but I was more then likely checking out the exercise threads for information & not on CER's thread... I have felt like I haven't gone anywhere even though I have been exercising everyday of the week and needed to see how others are doing, so I wouldn't lose hope in myself. I am feeling better today

*BUNNA*
Glad you enjoyed the pictures... I have 3 kitties / boys. Soon I will post some current pics of them for you to see them all, okay. I am so sorry yours never came home

How are things going for you at the gym? DId you go?

*GARY*
It sounds like you had such a nice visit with your God-daughter.

The Baseball game: The tailgate party was great and the weather was good right up to the game and then 20 minutes into the game we had a rain shower that lasted about 30 minutes and they had to delay the game & cover the field. Everyone was soaked to the bone. My hubby and his buddy went back to the jeep to get our poncho's, but all that did was seal in the wet clothes... yucky! But it did stop raining and we won the game!!! We even saw a grand slam!!! Score 10-2. The teams were Lake County Captains (OH) and a North Carolina Team... all in all it was a fun night, but it took me a good couple hours under my ele. blanket to get the chills out of my bones

We also saw the movie "I, Robot" over the weekend... it was okay. I would give it a B in effects but a C- with the story... I would wait to see it on DVD or Video. I also went to see "The Village" yesterday all by myself (never done that before and it was fun! I think I spoke to everyone there )... I liked that movie, but it was very, very slow moving. More of a thinking movie. If I were to give it a rating I'd rate it a B- to a C+ --- it's not like his movie "The Sixth Sense" which I gave a A+. I had "The Village" figured out in the first 20 minutes or so but wanted to see where he was taking it. It is more of a mix between "The Blair Witch Project" and "Rear Window" when it comes to suspense. Do you & Angie like going to movies??? I really enjoy movies --- good ones... especially when they are suspense, thrillers or action films. But I also enjoy the romance of classic films.

I am looking forward to all your pictures

*SUE*
That's okay about the pictures... but I am so glad that you had such a wonderful & memorable time!! If I went on a cruise it would be the same as you --- Alaska! I have heard from others that it is breath-taking and to try and describe it would be very difficult.

*SHERRY*
Hi there!!! Boy it's great seeing you again
We all miss you here, but you are so very busy these days and we totally understand.
Just pop in when you can

*SAMI*
You are too kind! Thank you, I am so happy to be of *cheer* service

It's soo good to see you too!!!
So did DD find a good car??? Do you guys have a mechanic that you can trust? When Joe & I went to buy our jeep (used) we had "OUR" mechanic take it and put it on the lift and he check everything out for us. It was in mint condition and that was 7 years ago and we still have it, so far so good. *Luck* looking for one, but don't hesitate to have it checked out, if the seller has nothing to hide they will let you take it to be checked.

The ball game: We did get rain ON!!! Note in Gary's post...
but we stayed to watch it all and it was a great evening! We laughed allot!!!

*WILMA*
Hey there girl... so good to see you too
I will keep you in prayer when it comes to your diet... it is so very hard because you need food to live. But one thing you don't need to live is sugar. I was telling my sister that I believe it isn't *food* that is our enemy - it is *sugar* and *portion sizes*. With everything being super-sized (even in restaurants!) it makes it very difficult! Joe and I have gotten into the habit of ordering one meal with two plates and sharing it --- they are so huge so we save on calories and we save $$

Sounds like you are doing wonderfully with your exercise! So great that you are able to find a dress for the wedding that you feel good in... hope it all goes/went well. How is it going at Curves with your sisters? Bet you all are having a blast! I love going with my friend and will miss her allot when she has to go back to teaching at the end of August. I will be going alone again... although I know allot of ladies there. Keep up the great job!!!!

*~*~*

Well, I really must be calling it a day and go spend some time with my Joe. He goes tomorrow evening for his sleep-study. I will sure miss him tomorrow night!!! I cannot remember the last time he wasn't next to me in bed. I won't have an empty bed - that is for sure - the boys (kitties) will fill the bed to keep me company, but it's not quite the same thing
I will be glad when it's all done & he's home.
Luvs to all...
SunnyD <><

AuGuSt GoAlS: 50 Miles Walked & 12 Times @ Curves
ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0 MaY MiLeS: 48.25 JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 10.50

JuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 4 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 08-10-2004 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:41 PM   #43  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny~you totally have the right to feel frustrated re: being on a plateau, but I have to remind you dear friend.........you have lost 22 lbs!!!! Just think of 22 packages of butter in your fridge, that's what has left your body. You are doing great, sweets!
Old 08-11-2004, 09:06 AM   #44  
Quit counting at 45!

Sunny: I have to encourage you NOT TO GIVE UP. It is so frustrating to be on a plateau. I'm there right now too. BUT, we haven't gained weight have we? Maybe change something in your eating or exercise routine. Sometimes we just need to shake things up a bit.

I'm worried about going on holidays and eating. I plan to eat as many salads as possible but my DMIL doesn't make them alot.

My sisters live all over the country and we're meeting for this wedding and because we are going to be together for 3 days we thought it might be fun to work out together. I would love it if we all lived in the same city and were able to workout together.

Have a great day!
Old 08-11-2004, 10:58 AM   #45  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Thanks!

Good Morning *MICHELE* & *WILMA*

Thank you both so much for your encouragement
I am really feeling better today and have already gotten in 2.5 Miles this morning already. I am gonna try to get in another mile this afternoon sometime.

Michele, I realize that I have lost 22 lbs and all... but I so looked forward to more of a loss by now. But thank you for making me feel better about it That is quite a comparison that image of 22 lbs of butter -

Wilma, I too wish that my sister & I were closer so we could do this together physically. She has also reached a plateau and we are trying to keep one another going by e-mail and phone calls, but it's tough. And this forum & thread is a big help to me believe me --- you all are great people that I hope to meet one day. I have changed the portions of my meals (making them smaller), so we'll see if that will do the trick... this will be day 3 for me doing that. When is this wedding you have mentioned?? I bet you are so excited about seeing your sisters again! I am so happy for you!!

Has anyone heard from *GARY* or *ANGEL* these days
I miss them both allot!!

Well, I really must be getting some chores done today.
We are looking at some awesome weather for the next few days - rather Fall-like I think... Beautiful
Thanks again lovely ladies
Always,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Closed Thread