Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 09:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I'm so glad you've decided to take the trip. It so sounds like you deserve it. I'm sorry to hear about your son's upcoming divorce. No matter what the relationship has been like it's always sad to realize that it can't be saved. I'll pray for the children and your son that the custody goes smoothly. I was divorced once, but thankfully I had no children with my 1st husband. All we had to do was decide who wanted the motorcycle(no brainer) and other STUFF. Not too long agao my SIL and I were talking about my ex (she'd seen him somewhere) my #1 son had his ears on and asked me, "you've been married before mom?" I told him yes a long time ago etc... his response.....a secretive, " does dad know?" lol We were in the car at the time and I thought my SIL was going to go off the road she was laughing so hard. Without any children involved it just never seemed to be anything I felt I had to share. Well, let me know when you're leaving so I can be prepared

Have a great day!
Kristi
Old 06-24-2004, 10:20 AM   #17  

Hi Charlotte, Not a whole lot exciting in my life today. All the kids have byes today so no ball games. We actually have no place we have to be today. Yippee!! We ended up in our basement last night. The tornado whistle blew and away we went. Luckily it actually hit about 30 miles to the north of us. My 7 y/o was so scared though. Normally none of my children are frightened by storms, but she didn't like that situation. It was probably made worse by the fact that our basement is not part of our living quarters. It's not real nice down there and to top it off the cat was outside and we were unable to find it so she was terribly concerned. Our pool was finally warm enough yesterday to enjoy and now today it's raining again!!!! We just can't get a weather break here in WI this summer. Well, I'm going to go enjoy my day of no appointments.
Have a great day
Kristi
Old 06-25-2004, 11:14 AM   #18  

WOW!! You finally get a day off for you! That's great! I know you enjoy all the activities, but it's also good to have a day to relax & pamper yourself a little. Maybe it'll sunshine long enough for you & kids to get in the pool.

Sorry about the night in the basement. We've done that a few times in our life, especially when the kids were young. Now, we get up & watch the TV weather, hoping we don't have to hit the basement. Guess that shows the kids made the difference. LOL
We're still having rain...rain....& more rain... I'm sooo tired of it. Of course, I'm more tired of it raining in the house! It DID get me out of cooking breakfast this morning, though. Since it rained all night, & the hotplate, etc was soaked...DH told me not to cook...he'd pick up some breakfast & lunch. Suppose to get a short break from it tomorrow, then sets in again. Maybe it'll stop long enough to patch up where the rain is coming in.

As far as I know, I'll be gone from early Friday morning, until late Monday night. Going to be gone a little longer than I expected...haven't told DH yet. The lady that invited us wants us to go to her church Sunday for Connie to sing. I haven't heard anything about me doing any singing...just going along for company. (It's a 10 hr drive) That's fine with me. I'd like to get out of here for awhile. As good a friend as she is, I do realize Connie kind of "uses" me sometimes. My DH & my sister has a real problem with that. But, I figure if I realize what's going on, & still want to do "whatever", then that's my decision to make. I don't have any close friends, except for Connie. I know she cares for me a lot, but she is a "self" person. I've accepted that. She also stays sad a lot....almost like she enjoys being sad. Sometimes I think the Lord sent me to that station for more than other needs. She needed someone who understands her & can help keep her cheered up. (full-time job. )

Well...got to get ready for work. Hope you have a fantastic day....YOU DESERVE IT!
Your friend,
Charlotte
Old 06-25-2004, 06:20 PM   #19  

I hope you have a good time. As long as you don't feel used and enjoy Connie's company that's all that matters. I've had a few "self" people in my life as well. Sometimes those people need us for a season to make their life bearable so to speak and I think God also puts them in our lives so we don't forget how good life is. That we shouldn't walk around sad all the time, but be happy and thankful for all that we have. DD and DS are gone fishing with my FIL today. What a treat. He really didn't want to take them, because it's so windy and they probably won't catch anything. I gave him a look and quietly said, "I think you better go." I knew they were really looking forward to going. Smiling, he asked what I would give him. I whipped out a 20 dollar bill and told him to take them to my sisters for supper when they were done. (sister has a bowling alley / bar) he liked that idea and away they went. Then the 2 youngest ended up at my MIL watching a DVD. Alone at last!!!! It gave me a chance to clesn the pool and then my niece stopped by with her 2 little girls. It ended up being a great afternoon. Once again, hope you have a great time away. Maybe DH will have the roof closed up when you get home!
Friends,
Kristi
Old 06-26-2004, 05:38 PM   #20  

Hi Kristi,
Glad you had a good day. Doesn't sound like you got very much rest, though. As long as you were doing what you wanted to do, I guess is what counts. How's your mother doing, now?
I went today & bought a capri outfit for the singing in the park. I heard it would be very hot, so tried to get something cool. Got a comfortable pair of shoes, too. Hey, this gave me an excuse to shop! LOL I'm afraid I don't need an excuse, I love to shop.
It's finally sunshining today, although very cloudy. DH is working on the roof tryin to stop the openings for rain to come into the house. Should be tested soon...suppose to have several more days of rain.
I'm getting so sleepy, I can't stay awake. Think I'll lay down for awhile. If I have time, I'll come back later. If not...talk to you tomorrow.
Your friend,
Charlotte

Old 06-26-2004, 09:29 PM   #21  

It was a very pleasant surprise to see your post. I must have misunderstood. I thought you were going away with Connie THIS Fri. No, I didn't get much rest yesterday, but I did today. My most effort put out was baking pumkin bread and vaccuming. The cleaning part was easy since DD picked up the house first. Push the vaccum around is all I had to do!!! My children love pumkin bread. My recipe has loads of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in it. Today I decided to tweek the recipe on them and see how it flew. I cut the sugar by a 1/3, used 1/2 c apple sauce and 1/2 c oil, and almost 50/50 whole wheat and white flour. Making it actually fairly healthy. The children gobbled it right down and thought it was great. After they'd eaten 1/2 a loaf I told them what I'd done and they said to make it this way all the time!!! Awesome. My inlaws were gone again today so I did have to watch the store for a couple hrs while my DH went to the local fair. They held the animal sale today and we have cutomers who's children show animals fed with our feed so, we always go and bid on them. He didn't actually buy anything, but he did get the prices up for them. Well, my kids are getting kinda wild. Maybe it's bed time.
Have a great Sunday
Kristi
Old 06-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #22  

I had a great Sun. even though it started raining at 1pm and didn't quit until after 7pm. Just DD #1 and I went to church. First we stopped for cappacinos. I know, definitely not diet food!!! Instead of attending church the usual way. Sitting in a pew. We listened on the intercom in the basement while redoing the bog bulletin board in the fellowship hall. DD drew a beautiful sun surrounded by 8 different kinds of birds (she's so talented you could actually identify each one) Right in the middle of the sun she printed....Let the SON shine, her message......Walk in the light, for He is in the light. John 1:7 During fellowship everyone so pleased, especially one elderly woman whp gave my DD a huge hug and told her thank you. We'd been meaning to change it since the first week in June, but we're sooooo busy. I felt the time we did it was ok. DD was serving her congregation, spending quality time with me, and still heard pastor's message. Worked for us anyway and I'm a firm believer that our relationship with God is definitely personal. Not what we do to please the masses......At almost 8 last night we finally got to build our campfire and yes, I made puggie pies with peach filling and ate way too much. Back to HEALTHY today. I hope you had a grand Sun as well. How's the roof coming?

Kristi
Old 06-28-2004, 10:56 PM   #23  

Hi Kristi,
Sounds like delicious pumpkin bread! My MIL makes all kinds of bread. My favorite is Zuchini bread. Hmmmm...could eat it every day! That was sneaky but, glad it worked on your kids. Mine would have decided they didn't like it, after telling them the truth.

Glad you had a little rest. Although it sounds like it was very little. I guess I'm just getting older, & can't remember the days when I could hold out as you do now. I know I did, though. I worked at a sewing plant all day, then went home & took care of twins & cooked, etc. Hard to believe that now. LOL

Sorry I don't post as often as I'd like to. I have a lot going on. I DO look forward to your posts. Some days, they are what keep me going. I'm really looking forward to leaving Friday morning. I need a few days away. Not from family, just from every day life. Need a little change. I'll miss posting to you, though. Just be patient.....I WILL return!

Gotta go....getting late. Have a good Tuesday.
Charlotte

Old 06-29-2004, 02:42 PM   #24  

Ah, it is this Fri when you leave! See, I was confused. I know exactly what you mean by needing to get away. I love my children and all the things we do together, but I'd love to get away for a couple of days. Especially if I didn't have to take my hubby either lol I know that sounds so mean, but just a couple days to do as I please. Get up when I want, eat where and when I want, just sit or sight see. My own schedule. My family would argue that they live by my schedule allready, but it's so untrue. I may be the "keeper of the schedule", but what's on it is everyone else's activities lol My day is coming though. You know I'm a SAHM and this year my youngest will be heading off to pre-school. Giving me 4 or 5 hrs a day alone. My first plans are to paint my whole interior and redo my children's bedrooms. Right now they are really just rooms with beds and toys in them. No actual decor so to speak and I'd like to change that, but right now there are just not enough hrs in the day unless I'm going to not care for me at all and I refuse to live like that. I have plans in the making for a job, but I do plan to take most of if not all of this year off yet. I feel like I deserve it! DH did softball with the kids last night, but I was back at it with the 2 older ones today. I swear my DH is going to turn us into farmers yet. We have 50 chickens, 1 rooster, and 5 ducks ordered. They'll arrive in about a wk , but last night a calf moved in. He's really very cute mostly all black with a lopsided heart on his forehead and what look like little white bracelets around his 2 back ankles!!! The children have named him Sam. I'm not so sure I like the idea of my future meal having a name lol We'll have to see where we all stand on that decision in a couple of years, but for now he's definitely part of the family. Well, it's finally beautiful here today so I'm washing all the bedding and a load is about done now. Have a great day.

( I kinda bounced all over there didn't I )

Kristi
Old 06-29-2004, 08:28 PM   #25  

Hi Kristi,
Bounce all you want! I enjoyed reading all of it. Wow, I don't know if you have time to take on a "job". You're schedule is already full. I know what you mean about the taking time for myself. Others think because the RA has me fatigued a lot, & I have to stop often to rest....that's my time! NOT! When I mention something I'd like to do, instead of working on this house, I hear "It's all about you!". I Don't know if they're teasing, (because it really makes me mad.) or if they mean it....but, like you said, the whole day is scheduled around other people's needs.
When it was just DH & myself, I DID have days that I was here alone....& enjoyed it. Now, though, our son is getting a divorce, & moved in (hopefully, temporarily), & the two girls are here every other week.....I never have time alone. If they're gone, I'm washing, etc. My computer thinks I've desserted it! Well, I've vented enough. You take all the time you need, dear. You DO deserve it. Our families love us....just takes it for granted that we're here on this planet for their needs.

It finally sunshined today. Suppose to go back to raining tomorrow, so I did the unthinkable. I went & took the day to myself. I got my nails done. Got a pedicure for the first time. (loved it!) Went shopping for a few things for the trip. Then brought home supper! I liked that part...DH didn't say a word...kind of disappointed me....I was all prepared with my speech. Now, I'm coloring my hair. (about time!)

Well, gotta go rinse color out. Hope you have a great evening. Talk to you tomorrow.

P.S. No graphics today....it's down.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:38 AM   #26  

Darn it! My post went to cyber space. That hasn't happened in a long time. I always feel my second try I forget things I wrote before. Anyway, My SIL, her DH and his 2 children (same ages as 2 of mine) and one of my DH cousins and her 3 children were here for dinner last night. My SIL brought pizzas the cousin brought melons and I made kool aid and provided plates and such. They invited themselves so that's what they got!!! We had a good time though and BIL's 2 children anded up spending the night. DD is taking such good care of that calf. She treats it just like a pet. She put a bridle on it and is taking it for walks. The poor little thing is so attached to her if she even walks by him he pulls on his rope. I allready know there will be no eating him I'm so glad you had time to do a little something for yourself yesterday. I've never had my nails done and have only treated myself to a pedicure once. That was 2 yrs ago. I'd walked so many miles so many months in a row and felt my tootsies deserved it. The girl really relied on one of those bubbling foot messagers you can buy anywhere for the messgae part. She maybe actually rubbed each foot for a minute apiece and didn't do a very good job applying my polish either. Soooooo, I felt I could do better for myself at home and save the money. I now know though that she doesn't charge much compared to most other salons. The old, "you get what you pay for", maybe!? I truly hope your family is teasing when the compare your fatigue to time for yourself. Anyone would much rather be healthy and on the go than resting because there body won't go! I know around here it is too aometimes hard to tell if DH is teasing. Thankfully in my "old" age God has made me strong enough to take time for myself. I no longer do anything for anyone I truly don't want to do!! Sometimes I wish I didn't want to do so much for so many lol lol lol
Have a great day lovely lady!

Kristi
Old 07-01-2004, 03:47 AM   #27  

Hi Kristi,
I know what you mean about losing a message that you post. I've had that to happen. Of course, it would be when I posted a long one!
Glad you enjoyed your company. Also glad they provided most of the meal. It CAN be fun, when it's not all your responsibility.
It's after 2 am...just couldn't sleep. When my Remicade starts wearing off, I start getting insomnia. It gave me an opportunity to post once more before leaving on my trip. Thursday I'll be soooo busy, I may not have a chance. I'm going to miss you. The friend I'm going with is taking her lap top, & said when I can't sleep at night, it may help me. Bless her heart....she knows what I do these sleepless nights. So, if I get the chance, I'll post to you from Dallas, Texas! I'm like a kid at Christmas, waiting to leave. Don't misunderstand, I have the best DH in the world....he's just a man, I guess....they don't understand women like women do!!

That calf has found a true friend in your DD! Pretty smart calf, if you ask me...saved it's life! It's good for her to have it to care for. Hope she realizes it'll grow up to be pretty big.

Oh, Kristi, you definitely went to the wrong place for your pedicure. Most places are a little different. I think I found the best. This salon is owned by a young Vietnamese woman. I told her I had put off getting a pedicure because of my RA, & was afraid it would hurt, because my feet was easily hurt. She reasured me,it would be fine. The chair massaged my back (I have OA in my back) while she massaged my legs & feet. Of course, the bubbly water felt good. I could have just went to sleep! I have ingrown nails, & she even cut them out for me. Something I have to do on my own on a regular basis. (I know....too much detail ) Did a great job painting hands & feet. She rubbed so many lotions on my legs & feet! I told her I would pay her just to let me come by & sit in the chair awhile. It was a little hard for us to understand each other...but, was very nice. I was first client, so just us there. I'm going every chance I get.

Girl, you don't know what old age is. I AM glad you take time for yourself....all you do for your family...you deserve it!

Well, I'm getting sleepy, so I think I'll try to rest awhile. Like I said, I'll miss you. If I don't post from Texas, it's because I didn't get the oppportunity. We should get back late Monday night, so I should send you a post on Tuesday, if not before. Hey....don't trade me in for someone else while I'm gone! Just kidding. Pray for us...I don't like to travel during holidays. I'll be praying for you!

Love ya, my friend,
Charlotte
Old 07-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #28  

Oh Charlotte, Why would I ever trade you?!?! I so hope you have a terrific time in Dallas. I know you will I can just tell that all my prayers are being answered this week! More ball today and it's really hot finally so I know I'm headed for the pool myself in just a little bit. I do have a gross job I have to get done today though. I do the concession stand for our soccer league and left some things stored in the walk in cooler at our local park over the winter. Big mistake!!!Huge!!!! We went to get it all last night and for some reason the cooler was wet inside and all moldy. So, yes my big popcorn machine, the pizza warmer, crock pots, all full of mold and even rusted. Yuck!!! I just hope everything is still working properly. I feel just awful about it. We as a league do cary insurance on everything so if it is damaged we may just have to place a claim. Hassle!! Anyway, enough of my sob story. Go and act like a Queen Bee for a couple days. Adios!!

Kristi
Old 07-02-2004, 07:50 AM   #29  

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY, KRISTI!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. STAY SAFE!!

Old 07-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #30  

You always do the coolest graphics. I need to take a class and learn something new. They say it wards off elzheimers you know lol

A question for you to ponder on your return.......have you ever noticed when you're at the "top of your game" those closest to you turn unsupportive and rude?

Thanks, Kristi
Closed Thread