Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 03:49 PM   #16  

Default Information on Chromium Picolinate

Thought you all would like this info - by the way I am doing not so bad - finally getting some help with son - beginning the process of diagnosing and then going from there to get him (and us) the help he will need to survive well as an adult. Need patience to get through all of this - and not turn to food in the process.

Here is this article:

Chromium Picolinate is sometimes promoted as products that have the ability to even out levels of sugar in the blood while enhancing the body’s fat burning metabolism. Some research studies have shown that additional chromium in a person’s diet may help to normalize sugar levels in diabetics, but not in everyone. It is an ideal supplement for more mature adults as the body absorbs less chromium as we age.

Chromium Picolinate is a dietary supplement that may be helpful in suppressing appetites and cravings. Additionally, it has been shown to build muscle and trim fat simultaneously. If taken with exercise and as part of a calorie controlled diet, the results can be outstanding.

Research conducted on overweight volunteers given Chromium Picolinate for 72 days, but following no particular diet or exercise regime, were shown to have lost an average of just over 4 pounds of fat while also gaining 1.4 pounds of lean muscle. Therefore, for anyone wishing to lose weight, adding the recommended dosage of Chromium Picolinate can aid in weight loss and lead to desirable results.

Dosage should not exceed 1200 micrograms (mcg) per day as this may result in liver and kidney problems. Pregnant or breast feeding women should avoid Chromium Picolinate.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:06 PM   #17  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi everyone!

I've had a busy day today. DH and I went out for awhile in the a.m. and I am now finally getting some baking done. Rhubarb pecan muffins are baking and the smell is driving me crazy. I have cookie dough ready too. We'll see if there's time enough to bake that too. My family won't know what that smell is when they come in the house - it's been so long since they've smelt it.

Tonight DH and I are going out to The Keg for dinner. We are celebrating my 45th birthday. I told him not to get me a gift because I want to continue going to Curves. He bought me my membership for my BD last year. My guys are both busy working so it'll be just DH and I and I like it that way!!

I feel like I have my eating under control and hope to be able to share some more results with you on Wednesday. It's amazing how just knowing that you're doing well helps with your mood and desire to carry on.

Timer just went. Gotta go! Have a super weekend!
Old 06-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #18  
McKenna59

Unhappy

[COLOR=Lime] Hello everybody! Haven't been doing too well the last few days - VERY sore back (lower back). I don't know if it's due to cheap shoes, new exercise video, old mattress, or a combo of all these things. All I DO know is that it hurts!! Bought a pair of New Balance sneaks and new box spring and mattress all in the last day, so hopefully those things and some prayer, Motrin, and Ben Gay (I feel so old!) will turn things around. Obviously I haven't been able to exercise so that is bugging me too. When the Motrin kicks in and I can sit for a while I've been reading The Purpose Driven Life and Dr. Phil, so the sitting time is well spent. Yes, I feel very discouraged ! I know God wants me to succeed in all things, not just losing weight, but right now He seems far away. I guess that's why I ate that Whopper for supper tonight ! Oh well... My husband is still sniffling, but feeling a little better. Thank you all for your prayers . My little guy is having an asthma flare-up and could use some prayers too. He is taking SUCH good care of me since my back has been aching, and my older one even vacuumed for me today!!! Gee, maybe God isn't as far away as I thought ! God bless you all for being here; reading all the posts cheers me up!
McKenna
Old 06-12-2004, 10:11 PM   #19  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Aw, McKenna, sorry your back is aching. I know how that is, it can change your whole attitude. Pain does awful things to people. But please know that the Lord is right there for you. He's always there. I'll pray that you have healing soon.

Wilma! Happy Birthday!!! Glad you get to spend time with DH.

I went to my Alpha group this afternoon and that was nice. We are the "Core Group" and there was just 5 of us, a couple people couldn't make it. John wasn't there, he's anot part of the leaders and helpers yet. I haven't heard from him all week and I know he's away this weekend. We have many changes and things to consider so we are having to pray about it all and hope that the Lord continues to guide us to do his work.

Then I went swimming! I swam for about 1/2 an hour and it felt really good. Well, i was still having pain, but i did it anyway and i was really sore when i got out, but I have to just keep it up. Someday i'm not going to be so self-conscious getting in a pool. I hate that feeling. Even being alone in there today, i was frantic about what if someone else came in.....i don't want to worry about that.

Old 06-13-2004, 11:39 AM   #20  

Default Dieters devotions for June 13, 2004

June 13

Revelation 21:3
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, 'Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.'

Indeed, there is strength in numbers. When we stand alone, we are very vulnerable, and it is easy to give in to trial and temptation. When we stand with others who can relate to our situation, we find a special strength that allows us to cope. Our Lord put us on earth to live together; to draw upon the strength that comes through fellowship. We have fellowship with one another and with God. He is with us wherever we may be. By His presence, He turns our weakness into strength and helps us hang on through the tough times.
Today's thought: God makes my hopes reality!
Old 06-13-2004, 02:08 PM   #21  

Default Good Afternoon!

McKenna-
Ouch about the back. The walk away the pounds video and just walking outside tends to hurt my lower back as well. Wow...I'm just not that strong right now. Prayers for healing just went your way.

At a birthday party/life team last night, my Gary is so verbal about my weight loss. He's proud of me and I am thankful for his 100% support. He even eats the recipes that don't turn out so well.

One of my friends struggles with the whole weight/food issue as well and asked what was different this time (7 weeks). All I could say is that is was the grace of God. Never have I been able to be this determined about changing my eating habits. I told her I must've let something at the foot of the cross that I didn't even think was holding be back. I no longer live to eat but eat to live. Of course my cold has wiped away any appetite this week. But I have a sense of strength that I never had before. Anyway...enough said.

I found a dress yesterday, shoes and jewelry all for a grand total of $61.00. Praise God! I'm a cheap date...really.

At church today, the message was all about busyness and how to just be still and know that I am God. How to really listen to God, making time and a place and a consistent time for Him and to prioritize and to make changes in our lives. One of my goals when we're down south next week is to relax, take time out alone in the solitude and listen to God's voice as how to arrange my time/life here at home and then come back and apply it.

Well, I am going to go and pick up around the house and take a drive to the hobby store. Catch ya'll later.

Mary
Old 06-13-2004, 09:58 PM   #22  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

1-went to church
2-son, nephew and I tore down the patio--have had it since 1980 and need new one. Alot of work--beat.
3-Son has friends over--going to watch my Lakers--hope they can finally win one.

Enjoy your evening--later, gary
Old 06-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #23  

Default The Daffodil Garden (June 14/04)

Several times my daughter had telephoned to say, "Mother, you must come
see the daffodils before they are over." I wanted to go, but it was a
two-hour drive from Laguna to Lake Arrowhead. "I will come next
Tuesday", I promised, a little reluctantly, on her third call.

Next Tuesday dawned cold and rainy. Still, I had promised, and so I
drove there. When I finally walked into Carolyn's house and hugged and
greeted my grandchildren, I said, "Forget the daffodils, Carolyn! The
road is invisible in the clouds and fog, and there is nothing in the
world except you and these children that I want to see bad enough to
drive another inch!"

My daughter smiled calmly and said, "We drive in this all the time,
Mother."

"Well, you won't get me back on the road until it clears, and then I'm
heading for home!" I assured her.

"I was hoping you'd take me over to the garage to pick up my car."

"How far will we have to drive?" "Just a few blocks," Carolyn said.
"I'll drive. I'm used to this." After several minutes, I had to ask,
"Where are we going? This isn't the way to the garage!"

"We're going to my garage the long way," Carolyn smiled, "by way of the
daffodils." "Carolyn," I said sternly, "please turn around."

"It's all right, Mother, I promise. You will never forgive yourself if
you miss this experience."

After about twenty minutes, we turned onto a small gravel road and I
saw a small church. On the far side of the church, I saw a hand lettered
sign that read, "Daffodil Garden."

We got out of the car and each took a child's hand, and I followed
Carolyn down the path. Then, we turned a corner of the path, and I
looked up and gasped. Before me lay the most glorious sight. It looked
as though someone had taken a great vat of gold and poured it down over
the mountain peak and slopes. Th e flowers were planted in majestic,
swirling patterns-great ribbons and swaths of deep orange, white, lemon
yellow, salmon pink, saffron, and butter yellow.

Each different-colored variety was planted as a group so that it
swirled and flowed like its own river with its own unique hue. There
were five acres of flowers.

"But who has done this?" I asked Carolyn.

"It's just one woman," Carolyn answered. "She lives on the property.

That's her home." Carolyn pointed to a well kept A-frame house that
looked small and modest in the midst of all that glory. We walked up to
the house.

On the patio, we saw a poster. "Answers to the Questions I Know You are
asking" was the headline.

The first answer was a simple one. "50,000 bulbs," it read.

The second answer was, "One at a time, by one woman. Two hands, two
feet, and very little brain." The third answer was, "Began in 1958."

There it was, The Daffodil Principle.

For me, that moment was a life-changing experience.

I thought of this woman whom I had never met, who, more than forty
years before, had begun-one bulb at a time-to bring her vision of beauty
and joy to an obscure mountaintop. Still, just planting one bulb at a
time, year after year, had changed the world. This unknown woman had
forever changed the world in which she lived. She had created something
of ineffable (indescribable) magnificence, beauty, and inspiration.

The principle her daffodil garden taught is one of the greatest
principles of celebration. That is, learning to move toward our goals
and desires one step at a time--often just one baby-step at a time--and
learning to love the doing, learning to use the accumulation of time.

When we multiply tiny pieces of time with small increments of daily
effort, we too will find we can accomplish magnificent things. We can
change the world.

"It makes me sad in a way," I admitted to Carolyn.

"W hat might I have accomplished if I had thought of a wonderful goal
thirty-five or forty years ago and had worked away at it 'one bulb at a
time' through all those years? Just think what I might have been able to
achieve!"

My daughter summed up the message of the day in her usual direct way.
"Start tomorrow," she said. It's so pointless to think of the lost hours
of yesterdays. The way to make learning a lesson of celebration instead
of a cause for regret is to only ask, "How can I put this to use
today?"

So, stop waiting...

Until your car or home is paid off

Until you get a new car or home

Until your kids leave the house

Until you go back to school

Until you finish school

Until you lose 10 lbs.

Until you gain 10 lbs.

Until you get married

Until you get a divorce

Until you have kids

Until you retire

Until summer

Until spring

Until winter

Until fall

Until you die

There is no better time than right now to be happy. Happiness is a
journey, not a destination. So work like you don't need money, Love like
you've never been hurt, and, dance like no one's watching.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:47 PM   #24  

Default Dieters devotions for June 14, 2004

June 14

1 Thessalonians 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

In battle, the helmet is one of the most important protections. Head wounds can be fatal, and so the helmet must be strong. No soldier would think of entering the fray without proper head protection. Thessalonians says that our Christian helmet is the hope of salvation. Christ gives us that helmet. Through the hope we have in Christ, we are protected and prepared to meet the challenges of our lives. Dieting is just one of those challenges, and without hope of success and completion, we are ill-equipped to meet that challenge. The greater our hope, the better our chance to lose weight.
Today's thought: Lord, give me a helmet which covers my mouth, too!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:39 AM   #25  

So Sorry I've been away so long!

It's been 96 degrees & higher here & we have no air conditioning because of the roof being put on. PC is in the room I'm cooking in....hottest room in the house. Can't stand to stay in here to read & post....so have been reading. DH says it wouldn't do any good...but, I beg to differ with him! Well, that changed yesterday, when a large rain came before we got home from church. We knew it was suppose to set in raining, but thought it was late in the night. To our surprise we came home to a drowned house! See....everyone was going to get together yesterday and put the top wood (whatever it's called) on...but, didn't make it in time. Now, we've got a big mess! Clothes, food, etc, got all wet!! Floors were all soaked. Not floorcovering down yet, but, have to keep baskets of clothes, etc on floor.

So, since it's suppose to rain all week...we've got our hands full.

Our son's week to have his 2 little girls & my daughter from South Al is here this week working close by & staying with us & brought her little girl. I love them all.....BUT!!!

OK....I'm getting discouraged, here!

Can anyone tell me why we are going through so much?! We've tried our best to stay encouraged.....since the fire (over 1 1/2 yrs ago!). I know we're not any better than anyone else....but, how much more are we going to have to take??? I'm/we're sooooo tired. Today was our 36th wedding anniversary....we have less than the day we got married & a lot more in debt. Kind of put a damper on the day. Sorry to whine....just so frustrated. It's now 1:30 A.M. & I'm on the computer. Even the site that hosts my graphics is down!!

Just pray for us, please............

I'll be back soon as I can.

Old 06-15-2004, 08:56 AM   #26  

Hello I have been so busy!!!! More with work than anything. Now I have to go to a new store that hasn't open and be support help. I don't mind going but it is the way my boss told me I had to go that bothers me. I was taking today off as a personal day and he told me I HAD to go! The thing is I have to go again in two weeks for the whole week. and while I am there who is doing my job? NO ONE!

Angel lover-I am so sorry to see it is still so stressful. Someday you will look back and see that God has blessed you but you just need to get through NOW. I know from 1985-1987 we went through a lot I lost my father,brother.grandmother,sister my cousin and while we were at my cousins funeral my moms house burned down. We almost lost our house and was really deep in dept. But slowly God blessed us and little by little I realized the blessing of Gods plans. If my Father had not died first my brother would have never turned to God (before that he always said there was no God) and if my Mom's house had not burned down when it did she is such a deep sleeper that if it happen when she was asleep she would have died in the fire. And the house was very depressing because she had all the things that belong to my dad and sister just like it was when they died. and on and on. Trust that God is blessing you even if you don't see it now. a great big ((((HUG)))) for you I understand it is hard to deal with as you are going through it.

MKay-I hope you can post pictures I love to look at others crafts. My SIL makes jewlery and I love the crystals!

Donna-I hope you can save your plant! We have had a lot of rain here also. I am having trouble getting back in the swing of things since I have been sick. I got some of the bloodwork back and it was boarderline. I am going to have to get going on the diet and up my workouts.

Sprout-thanks for the saying. I enjoy them.

McKenna-I am praying things start going better for you. I know the feeling I keep telling myself it took awhile to get where I am at and it will be awhile to loss!

Wilma-I wish I lived close so I could come and eat!!!!!

EZ-How did the dogs do in doggie school? Glad you are able to still stop in and post even though you are so busy.

Got to run and go to the other store!!!!! I am sorry if I missed anyone.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:12 AM   #27  

Default Hi!

Angel- Sorry to hear things are going so badly, there is no easy answer as to why, except to say there is a purpose, It is easy to say God will never give us more than we can handle, but sometimes we are darn close or so it seems. All I know is there must be a good reason and we may never know. So, in the mean time I will keep you and your family in my prayers, and try to remember God will take care of you.
McKenna- sorry things are rough for you as well, God trully is right there, talk to Him, it always makes me feel better, What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear! What a privilege to carry Everything to God in prayer. He knows our every weakness! I love this old hymn.
Sami- Sorry to hear about your foot, hope your soon feeling much better, DD graduating into high school wow all growed up!
Sunny- Weather is crazy went from 93 degrees to freezing where you had to scrape windows and cover plants, bible says things will get crazy weather wise, before the Lored comes I think were getting there. Glad to hear your feeling better!
Mitchy- Cool price on the gym, soundsgreat- My dad plants clewmatis reminds me of morning glorys- very pretty.
M-kay- Making your own jewlery sounds neat, make nice presents
EZ- Busy, Busy, Busy Guess we'll have to pack lighter if your not going to be there to lug our bags- ha ha, hope you have a great time in Virginia. My youth group is going on a mission's trip a week after I get back from Alaska. We are going to S. Jersey they are so exciting, they have been practicing their skits and sons, they do a great job.
Wilma- Yum... I smell something cooking- must be coming through the wires, nothing smells better than baking goodies, do you send samples? Happy Belated Birthday! pray your day was great

Last edited by doitforme; 06-15-2004 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:21 AM   #28  

Default Hi Sami-

You posted while I was, you said it! He knows why and there is always a reason! Pray things go better at work, and your boss relizes what a great employee you are! Have a great day! How is the foot, Any better?
Gotta run, trying to get outfits together for vacation. See ya !
Old 06-15-2004, 09:35 AM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY TO WILMA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILMA!!!!!!

I am such an airhead!!! When I posted previous I was going to wish it...but with my old age...5 older than you...older but wiser?..........HA! not even. Well, anyway I "FORGOT" ...sorry.

Forgive me?
Old 06-15-2004, 10:33 AM   #30  

Default Hello All!

Angel-
God turns bad into good for those who love Him. When I look back at my 5.5 year marriage to Gary (DH), the first time we separated and I returned home, I got saved...and it's been not so easy since until...I finally let go of Gary...and gave him to God to deal with AND learned to KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT...I don't need to win all the battles. Yes, you probably feel like Job right now...fire/rain...it's all just stuff...with wings to fly away. As you mop up, thank God that it's just wet and not burned this time and remember...it's not about you...it's about being faithful to God and KNOWING He has a plan.

If I were there...I'd be there to help you clean up the mess and we would have fun doing so. So...get tired, get silly with DH, don't forget to hug him and thank him for being there with you and remember everyone here is praying for you.

Heal our hearts oh God...turn our mourning into dancing our tears into laughter for we know our future hold eternity!

Gotta get back to work...our GIS mapping works only when "it" wants to work and I need to see if it's going to let me work today.

Bye All,
mary
Closed Thread